Michael 3rd Most Legendary

I think it quality arguing over the two biggies. I mean you can come up with a good argument...Unlike some fools who probabaly go WHOS BIGGER JT OR USHER.

Last edited:
I think it quality arguing over the two biggies. I mean you can come up with a good argument...Unlike some people who probabaly go WHOS BIGGER JT OR USHER.

I love arguing bout the legends :p

Well it gets irritating saying the same things over and OVER again :lol: I think ive already posted at least 5 times in this thread why Elvis is more legendary than Michael. How many more times can i say it?

Well it gets irritating saying the same things over and OVER again :lol: I think ive already posted at least 5 times in this thread why Elvis is more legendary than Michael. How many more times can i say it?
5 times you got a reply too... Michael has done alot more than he has to be deserved to be claimed as being "more legendary" because all his feats and achievements are just that.

Last edited:
I have and I'v replied many times.

Yeah. So have i. But no matter what i say you dont think its a 'compelling arguement'.....im not here to make sure you believe that Elvis is more legendary. You can believe what u wanna believe. The numbers are there in bold print. What part of 'Elvis is number 1' in that article arent u seeing?

Yeah. So have i. But no matter what i say you dont think its a 'compelling arguement'.....im not here to make sure you believe that Elvis is more legendary. You can believe what u wanna believe. The numbers are there in bold print. What part of 'Elvis is number 1' in that article arent u seeing?
one cos u cant back it up with anything 2 that poll is just one of many out there Michael's achievement is waaaay beyond winning 3rd place in some poll that will be replaced with another poll in a week or 2...

and if you aint here to make us believe that Elvis is more legendary then that aint true because you dont get into a debate without the intention of making the other person believe what you do.

one cos u cant back it up with anything 2 that poll is just one of many out there Michael's achievement is waaaay beyond winning 3rd place in some poll that will be replaced with another poll in a week or 2...

and if you aint here to make us believe that Elvis is more legendary then that aint true because you dont get into a debate without the intention of making the other person believe what you do.

Make u believe Elvis is more legendary? lol!
The numbers speak for themselves! I feel like im talking to a wall.....

Make u believe Elvis is more legendary? lol!
The numbers speak for themselves! I feel like im talking to a wall.....
which numbers? a poll that will be forgotten?
yes. LOL! :rolleyes:

and the numbers comparison is weak because with all the tours and album sales and what not he's done just goes to make mike look much more legendary...

You do know that in 2002 he had a #1 hit single (Little Less Conversation) and album (Elvis: 30 #1 hits) 25 years after his death, don't you? That was 6 years ago, true, but it kind of defeats your statement that he's not topping charts these days.

And? With that type of marketing of course he would. My point was, to today's generation he doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. You guys need to get out more if you think everyone in America is all about Elvis Presley. Like it or not, pop culture is all about Michael Jackson right now. **** what polls are saying. What artist is everyone ripping off? Who's influence is all over the place right now? The so called tarnished freak. Deep down I know that kills the Elvis' fans and supporters.

And I have to say the comments in this thread really back up what I was saying before about MJ not touring America. Him not touring here did nothing but give folks ammo to say America doesn't like him. If he had toured here and broke records (and we all know he would've), you think the Elvis supporters would be as arrogant as they are about America loving Elvis more than MJ.

And for the record I love Elvis, so i'm not at all hating. I have mad respect for the man. How could you not? I just think some are overdoing a little it in this thread.

which numbers? a poll that will be forgotten?
yes. LOL! :rolleyes:

and the numbers comparison is weak because with all the tours and album sales and what not he's done just goes to make mike look much more legendary...

Im gonna say this ONE more time then im done with this thread. I have to be cause this is getting more ridiculous every second....Elvis will NEVER lose his legendary status in America. He hasnt since 1955 and he never will. It dosent matter what u think about it. It is the way it is.
Peace.

Im gonna say this ONE more time then im done with this thread. I have to be cause this is getting more ridiculous every second....Elvis will NEVER lose his legendary status in America. He hasnt since 1955 and he never will. It dosent matter what u think about it. It is the way it is.
Peace.
now ur changing the topic of the subject again, no one said that he would lose his legendary status in america :huh:

all I've been saying that in the full picture he aint as Legendary as Mike
how did u get the idea that I or anyone else said that he will lose his status in america? :lol:

Give the man some credit. He's pretty huge globally. He's had huge hits during his lifetime and well after his death in the UK, Australia, most of Europe, most of Asia. Every country MJ is HUGE in, Elvis is pretty big in too. Michael is huge in Germany but so is Elvis. Michael is huge in Japan but so is Elvis. I know this argument is based on a list involving Elvis and Michael, but while were talking who's more popular worldwide, MJ and Elvis can both sit down because the Beatles trump them both. If you put MJ's and Elvis's popularity and success together you'd get the worldwide popularity and success of the Beatles.

superb comment & totally true.very realistic & i agree with all of it.nobody on planet earth has influenced popular music more then the beatles.very well said:lol:

Last edited:
I don't know how many times this needs to be said.. ELVIS is not a worldwide entertainer.. He's not known all over the world like Michael Jackson is. It's as simple as that.. Michael Jackson was the FIRST entertainer known ALL OVER..

NOTHING can prove Elvis is a more 'legendary' entertainer.. When majority of his success comes from one country. With some help from others.

I don't know how many times this needs to be said.. ELVIS is not a worldwide entertainer.. He's not known all over the world like Michael Jackson is. It's as simple as that.. Michael Jackson was the FIRST entertainer known ALL OVER..

NOTHING can prove Elvis is a more 'legendary' entertainer.. When majority of his success comes from one country. With some help from others.

well this poll says otherwise....

apparently... :ph34r:

POLLS show what???

Ask people that have traveled the world.. I have been to SO many countries that don't know ELVIS or the BEETLES..

You know those same people cannot vote on the polls.. Many don't have enternet in homes or access to vote for anything.. lol!

Many places in Africa,many parts of the Middle East. The list goes on..

When Polls are only accessable to a specific type of people.. It's not TRUE.. It can't be accorate..

Take this example.. Lets say at a Republican Party they ask a question about a specific LAW that should be past.. Well they would most likely AGREE.. let say 80% would say YES.. THEN CNN shows the poll.. '80% of people believe that the law should be past.'

But what about all the democrats that did not vote.. That were not at the republican party... It's called 'bias control'!!

Last edited:
I promised not to join this debate at all, but I am quite miffed as to why people are saying that Elvis is big here and there when in fact Elvis is not big anywhere. Elvis is not played in the clubs or parties because Elvis was essentially rock and roll and unless you go to a rock and roll night, nobody plays elvis anymore from LOOOOng before Elvis died. Elvis had a few hit just before he died, but really, he had more or less became a has been. I honestly believe that the reason why elvis's name has been revived or being hyped is because the racist american establishment did not want Michael Joseph Jackson to be known as Americas biggest star, yet when it suites them, they will say it. Like when they want to talk about his failures, they will say the biggst star, but it is on record that MJ has been the most successful and the most talented they have ever had. Now on saying that, when you think of how racist the system is, then I have to say MJ coming third behind 2 dead men is truly something that even Martin Luther King would be proud of. When you think that the establishment has been inflating Elvis achievements and sullying MJ's MJ coming 3rd is no mean feat. At the end of the day, the people will decide.

POLLS show what???

Ask people that have traveled the world.. I have been to SO many countries that don't know ELVIS or the BEETLES..

You know those same people cannot vote on the polls.. Many don't have enternet in homes or access to vote for anything.. lol!

Many places in Africa,many parts of the Middle East. The list goes on..

When Polls are only accessable to a specific type of people.. It's not TRUE.. It can't be accorate..

Take this example.. Lets say at a Republican Party they ask a question about a specific LAW that should be past.. Well they would most likely AGREE.. let say 80% would say YES.. THEN CNN shows the poll.. '80% of people believe that the law should be past.'

But what about all the democrats that did not vote.. That were not at the republican party... It's called 'bias control'!!

again a fan who feels so insecure they have to knock the biggest pop group in the world by calling them beetles lol.you probably can't even name all 4 members or list 5 of their songs:lol:

the poll is about most 'legendary' not who is 'most know' which for some reason alot of mj fans are obsessed with.
the beatles have influenced far more musicians in mainstream pop culture over a longer period of time than mj.
they have even influenced mj himself lol.

let me guess? now you want to say that mj owns them anyway by owning most of their back catalog in order for you to feel mj is king & ruler of the world.

mj is still a working musician & the beatles split up 30 years ago plus 2 members are dead including lennon (a musical genius) therefore they cannot collectively make music in todays market yet their influence is evident in all the mainstream rock groups. coldplay,oasis,u2,guns n roses & most of the worlds biggest rock/pop performers site the beatles as their biggest influence!

let me take another guess.you now feel the need to respond to me in defence of michael jackson like im against him for being aware & praising the biggest pop group in the world who wrote,sang,composed,& all members were multi instrumentalists;)

honestly.some of the fans here seem a little deluded when it comes to the rest of the music world.their are other people who done a great deal & left their mark.as for for michael jackson being the biggest entertainer in the world,chaplin was as big as jackson ever was in his day & know'n everywhere in the world! not a musician buy trade,but composed classical music,played the piano & was the greatest pioneer in the world of the silent screen & started out performing on live stage in theaters at the age of '4'.

some of you fans should f##king educate yourselves on popular culture!

I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON.IMO HE IS THE GREATEST! ive got to post this everytime i post in this thread now because some of the fans are so blinded,everything other than jackson is wrong!

SOme people really need to STUDY history.. Music history. world history.. American History.. These things I'm mentioning you will learn in a simple Rock History class. And/or American Culture class.

I'm not pulling this stuff out of my butt. lol! As some are here.. Taking what the media protrays as the truth..

This country (U.S) has been built on a bedrock of lies.. YES I find this the greatest country, for many reasons.. But it's NOT what people try to believe it is.

I do know about the Beatles.. I know about Elvis.. Infact my mother met Elvis on several occasions, he was friends with my great aunt.. Even she (my mother) would admit that Michael Jackson is much bigger.. Much more famous, and much more legendary.. She just happens to be the same person that has traveled the world with me.. She has seen others reaction to Michael Jackson vs. ANY other celeb...

Last edited:
SOme people really need to STUDY history.. Music history. world history.. American History.. These things I'm mentioning you will learn in a simple Rock History class. And/or American Culture class.

I'm not pulling this stuff out of my butt. lol! As some are here.. Taking what the media protrays as the truth..

This country (U.S) has been built on a bedrock of lies.. YES I find this the greatest country, for many reasons.. But it's NOT what people try to believe it is.

I do know about the Beatles.. I know about Elvis.. Infact my mother met Elvis on several occasions, he was friends with my great aunt.. Even she (my mother) would admit that Michael Jackson is much bigger.. Much more famous, and much more legendary.. She just happens to be the same person that has traveled the world with me.. She has seen others reaction to Michael Jackson vs. ANY other celeb...

Your last sentence is the truth! Nobody could ever come close!!!!!!!!!!!! It's really amazing! I've seen a lot of footage but still I can't believe my eyes how much Michael's fans love and adore him. I haven't seen any celebrities' fans do the same.

MJ fans can be deluded at times for sure, but this is not the case here this time. Michael IS more well known than Elvis is worldwide and that is just a FACT. I saw a documentary on MTV a few years ago and it stated that Michael was the biggest brand in the world behind Pepsi and Nike! 99.9% of the world's population knows who Michael Jackson is. And no one here is downplaying the accomplishments of Elvis Presley or anyone else, but he's never been as popular as Michael is/was overseas.

I don't think some people, MJ fans or not, understand just how HUGE Michael was at the peak of his career. I don't think any artist has had a bigger or more diverse fanbase than Michael. Michael is probably the most famous person alive and that's not me talking as some crazy obsessed fan, but that is the truth. I think the singer Mya said it best when she said "There are stars, there are superstars and then there's Michael Jackson" . He is just in a league of his own. He's on a completely different level than everyone else in terms of stardom and worldwide popularity.

Last edited:
ive got to give up on this subject because of the sheer level of ignorance when it comes to note that others have been as influential.

i from ireland & that is where i received my education.but thats beside any point here.basically michael jackson 'fans only',for i am a fan of many including elvis,james brown, muddy waters,the beatles,the stones,& i could go on for ever.

so basically-elvis,sinatra(whom i never liked as a person),& numerous others done jack **** & have left no legacy,no fans,no influence! THATS WHAT PRO-ONLY JACKSON FANS WANT TO HEAR!
so there,ive said it.the only person who matters in the world in musical & legendary terms is michael jackson.he done it all,the rest,before,during & after him have done nothing! including all the classical masters.

thats kind of what alot of you people want to hear & believe aint it?? well ive said it,so now feel free to have a jackson orgasim of happiness in ignorance & self delusion;) enjoy.

ive got to give up on this subject because of the sheer level of ignorance when it comes to note that others have been as influential.

i from ireland & that is where i received my education.but thats beside any point here.basically michael jackson 'fans only',for i am a fan of many including elvis,james brown, muddy waters,the beatles,the stones,& i could go on for ever.

so basically-elvis,sinatra(whom i never liked as a person),& numerous others done jack **** & have left no legacy,no fans,no influence! THATS WHAT PRO-ONLY JACKSON FANS WANT TO HEAR!
so there,ive said it.the only person who matters in the world in musical & legendary terms is michael jackson.he done it all,the rest,before,during & after him have done nothing! including all the classical masters.

thats kind of what alot of you people want to hear & believe aint it?? well ive said it,so now feel free to have a jackson orgasim of happiness in ignorance & self delusion;) enjoy.

Vous exagerez:D:D

man you talk poo, how are u getting "fans not wanting to hear others having legacy" from fans actually saying that MJ has a much greater legacy status etc, people here have excepted that elvis and the beatles have accomplished but they aint accepting that they are bigger then mike, stop making sh1t up.

Lmaoooooooo wow, who said that? I didn't see anyone here state that the likes of Elvis Presley, Sinatra, The Beatles, etc. have not had an impact. I mean anyone who would deny the impact of those artists is a fool, but you're the one coming across as delusional here. Michael is bigger than all of those artists is worldwide, which is not a bad thing but a fact but continue to think otherwise.

Last edited:
man you talk poo, how are u getting "fans not wanting to hear others having legacy" from fans actually saying that MJ has a much greater legacy status etc, people here have excepted that elvis and the beatles have accomplished but they aint accepting that they are bigger then mike, stop making sh1t up.

True. I know this is a bit O/T and all, but how in the world people keep saying the at the beatles and Elvis sold a billion record from I will never know. Apart from the fact that they woould have had to have had the biggest album in history, which they haven't since MJ has, they would have also have made a ton of money for MJ, since he is the one that gets paid. MJ would be rolling in it, would he?:p

Give the man some credit. He's pretty huge globally. He's had huge hits during his lifetime and well after his death in the UK, Australia, most of Europe, most of Asia. Every country MJ is HUGE in, Elvis is pretty big in too. Michael is huge in Germany but so is Elvis. Michael is huge in Japan but so is Elvis. I know this argument is based on a list involving Elvis and Michael, but while were talking who's more popular worldwide, MJ and Elvis can both sit down because the Beatles trump them both. If you put MJ's and Elvis's popularity and success together you'd get the worldwide popularity and success of the Beatles.

And what about Africa ??

True. I know this is a bit O/T and all, but how in the world people keep saying the at the beatles and Elvis sold a billion record from I will never know. Apart from the fact that they woould have had to have had the biggest album in history, which they haven't since MJ has, they would have also have made a ton of money for MJ, since he is the one that gets paid. MJ would be rolling in it, would he?:p

well obviously they havent sold a billion otherwise MJ would still have never land :ph34r:

:p

Good point. The media lies about these things in order to keep the myth going that Elvis and The Beatles are the biggest and greatest stars ever. Trust me, if those allegations had never happened with Michael and if he had never purchased The Beatles catalogue among other things, he would have no doubt been praised as the biggest and greatest entertainer of all time.

Last edited:
Back