Michael Jackson feat. 50 cent - MONSTER - its the real deal says 50 -READ!

That's because fortunately for them, they're alive. Most acts using the background singers that they tour and are familiar with to do the backing vocals on some studio recordings, if they choose not to do it themselves. It's not unheard of, and is the equivalent of hiring a choir to do the chorus of some R&B songs. Michael isn't here, so now they definitely need someone else to fill that in for him, you'd have to work in a studio in order to understand more, and these things happen more often than what you seem to believe.
You don't seem to get my point. Why is it allowed to go on the album? Do you actually thinks it's acceptable for an impersonator to be the heavily prominent voice throughout the whole song?

You don't seem to get my point. Why is it allowed to go on the album? Do you actually thinks it's acceptable for an impersonator to be the heavily prominent voice throughout the whole song?

m I the only one to think that the leak of Monster is better than the final version ?

It's better to have a killer track on the album that needs more background vocals compared to a relatively weak track. That's why I love "Monster" so much, it stands out and it just sounds incredible. I'd rather them add in background vocals to complete it rather than have a song that would be weaker.

Giant Enemy Cat, I'm afraid it is not Anniearuokay who doesn't seem to get your point. She is explaining to you. She has answered your question I think...

It's better to have a killer track on the album that needs more background vocals compared to a relatively weak track. That's why I love "Monster" so much, it stands out and it just sounds incredible. I'd rather them add in background vocals to complete it rather than have a song that would be weaker.

Full agree.

He's not an impersonator, he's an artist in his own right, the only reason you seem to think he's an impersonator is because his voice has been meshed with Michael's. It doesn't matter if you feel if it's acceptable or not, but it's a common procedure in studio production.

Giant Enemy Cat, I'm afraid it is not Anniearuokay who doesn't seem to get your point. She is explaining to you. She has answered your question I think...
I don't care what other artists do in 2010. This is Michael Jackson, who has never had an impersonator sing in his albums.

If a song needs to be reinforced with an impersonator because it's so weak, then don't even consider it for the album.

Plus, the problem isn't the backing vocals for me. The problems are with the leads. And the backing vocalists sound similar to the lead vocalist, whether its MJ or someone else.

I'm not opposed at all to someone helping flesh out the chorus or harmonies on backing vocals. I'm even ok with a duets album if they don't have enough leads to complete a track. But the issues - for me - arise when I can't tell who's singing leads, and the backing vocalst(s) sound similar to the lead vocalist(s), and none of them sound like the voice of MJ.

It could be him: I'm not stating anything as fact. I'm just saying that my ears ain't hearing the artist I've been enjoying for many years. And if it is him, it won't help me enjoy the tracks any more.

He's not an impersonator, he's an artist in his own right, the only reason you seem to think he's an impersonator is because his voice has been meshed with Michael's. It doesn't matter if you feel if it's acceptable or not, but it's a common procedure in studio production.
But that "meshing" has turned the song into something that doesn't sound like Michael Jackson. That's the problem. It does matter when over half of the fanbase questions the legitimacy of it.

It doesn't matter when it's something that's commonly done today to complete a song. You can't just say, "I don't care if it's done with everyone else, this is Michael Jackson." When Michael Jackson is no longer here to put the desired touches on his music. And no record company is going to commercially released an album full of demo material, the music business doesn't work that way, whether you want it to or not, it's just not how it works.

You still don't get it. He has loads of unreleased songs out there that actually sound like him and wouldn't need this ridiculous "meshing" from other vocalists...just like the other 7 from the album.

Annie, are there any artists that have had another person done this "meshing" on their vocals, where the person actually sound like the artist? Does the person usually sound differently from the artist so that one can differentiate the other person's voice? I am curious, thanks.

50 Cent Calls Michael Jackson Collabo The '2010 Version' Of 'Thriller'
Rapper reflects on 'Monster,' revealing that the duo did not record together.
By James Dinh

In less than two weeks, Michael Jackson's first posthumous album, Michael, will hit stores and include a string of unreleased MJ tracks. The 10-song set includes a collaboration between the iconic performer and 50 Cent.

In a candid interview that appeared on MJJackson.com, 50 Cent reminiscences about how the song "Monster" came about.

"I didn't have the opportunity to physically be in Michael Jackson's presence," Fif said. "But my DJ, Whoo Kid, he had the opportunity to actually meet Mike, because he was interested in working with me and he said that he had something he wanted me to actually hear, a song he created. He thought it would be perfect for us to collaborate on and then he put me on the telephone."

While 50 has teamed up with a slew of artists in the past, he said the Jackson opportunity was unlike any other. "I don't usually get nervous, because I really don't care about a lot of the artists," he said. "But Mike is special. He's different. I don't know how to explain it."

After the shocking news of Jackson's sudden death, Fif received a call to come into the studio and perform his portion of the track. Once in the studio, the rapper worked with producer Teddy Riley (Jackson's Dangerous) on the song. "When I sat down and listened to the actual song, I was excited. I said, 'This is the 2010 version of "Thriller," ' " the rapper recalled. A snippet of the track (minus 50) reportedly leaked onto the Internet just a few days ago.

Despite not being able to actually record the track with Jackson, 50 Cent intended to make his mark on the song. "I missed an opportunity to be on a record not just with a great artist, but a legend," he lamented. "So I wanted more, and I made adjustments to my cadence so I don't sound like I sound on music that people have previously heard from me, because I'm adjusting to the production."

While not everyone has been excited about the posthumous release, Fif thinks it will be welcomed by most. "I think this album is more special," he said. "It'll be embraced different because it's the last of really great material that Mike created, so I think people will want it to go in their actual collection to go in their Michael Jackson material. It's a great example of how the art and the material will last longer than we will."

Last July, the MC told MTV News that he was inspired by a piece of artwork featuring the legendary performer for the cover of his Forever King mixtape. "When Michael Jackson passed, there was a piece of artwork that had 'King of Pop, King of Rap' with me and his pictures," he said." "That's what gave me the concept of the artwork. There's a real human skull that's got diamonds embedded in it."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1653524/20101203/50_cent.jhtml

Annie, are there any artists that have had another person done this "meshing" on their vocals, where the person actually sound like the artist? Does the person usually sound differently from the artist so that one can differentiate the other person's voice? I am curious, thanks.

Usher has done it, as has Alicia Keys, it's usually done by the artist themselves, to be honest. But if the main vocalist isn't around to have it done than it's usually substituted with someone else and made to fit within one another, this is the case with most songs on the album and this specific recording.

50 cent is right - MJ is special - 'cause he is the best!

You still don't get it. He has loads of unreleased songs out there that actually sound like him and wouldn't need this ridiculous "meshing" from other vocalists...just like the other 7 from the album.

I don't know, only the Estate/Sony can truly answer that. But one can assume that they thought the song had potential to be a hit, it feature's one of raps top selling acts, who also garners media attention. And it's a catchy tune, that may catch on with a more general fanbase; Not to mention on the first try, they probably wanted some of his latest works to be on the album.

Last edited:
That's because fortunately for them, they're alive. Most acts using the background singers that they tour and are familiar with to do the backing vocals on some studio recordings, if they choose not to do it themselves. It's not unheard of, and is the equivalent of hiring a choir to do the chorus of some R&B songs. Michael isn't here, so now they definitely need someone else to fill that in for him, you'd have to work in a studio in order to understand more, and these things happen more often than what you seem to believe.

ah the mention of choir brought back memories- I have seen 2 vocals being multiplied and modified and then laid over together to make it sound like a 20 person choir. I guess some people would call it fake as well. but I think there's a difference between what is acceptable and common practice in music recording and general perception.

Petrarose - you want it sound as harmonious as possible so yes they'll hire people that fits and complements the artist vocals.

Doesn't sound like MJ to me. The song is bad anyway..I don't even want to listen to it again.

I always been one of the NOT-Michael ppl - but after hearing the leak in full of this track - I KNOW in my heart that all the rough part esp the stuff that sounds WYWTOM-esque - but def is not lifted from there IS 100% MJ, the softer parts still sound wrong to me, as in Jason-y - but the hard stuff is sooooo Michael.

And I can't see how you ppl don't dig this track - after the first snippet I was like --errrrrr...wtf is this....but after the full thing leaked - I was and am hooked. No offence to the beauty of Much too soon - and the energy of Blue Gangsta - but I have been having only two tracks on repeat since they leaked - and danced my *ss off while doing the dishes, cooking, tending to my kids and trying to concentrate on life in general. It's not been easy w Monster & Slave to the rhythm (Loopversion) spinning all the time. I'm totally beat - and am supposed to throw a party for my 2-yearold babygirl today....be it MJ or not - That track along w Behind the mask (judging on the HMV snippet) will be my absolute favourites from this album. Still don't believe in Keep your head up, Breaking News, All I Need, Stay/Carry On. - But this one - at least the hard part gives me back chills. In the Tabloid Junkie oldfashioned way! I pray it's 100% MJ + BG vocals by that Porte dude. But I doubt it. The hard parts I can't doubt.

Sorry Pentum - Until now I have been 110% w you. But that part IS our Hero, and beloved Idol and to some even God - Michael Jackson.

*"Why you stalkin' meeeeee?"* No doubt.

I find it strange how some people are doubting some tracks and not others. Nothing wrong with that of course, its just odd that even people who believe the authenticity of some of the tracks don't believe in the authenticity of others. I really don't hear MJ on any of the three tracks. And to me, it seems more likely they're all legit or they're all shams, though anything is possible.

Monster is a MONSTER song!!

Great great song. I love it.

Yes 50 cent recorded his part after Michael death but he say that Michael contact with him before he die to coloboration in this song

But did Michael what 50 wrote? Or was it also written after his death?

5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)

Written by Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio, James Porte/Rap Lyrics Written by Curtis Jackson

Produced by Teddy Riley, Angelikson, Michael Jackson

Recorded in New Jersey in 2007 at the Cascio home, Michael actually recorded some of his background vocals through a PVC pipe for the song. The song also features the rap of 50 Cent, who Michael had contacted about the collaboration. Monster was written by Michael Jackson, Eddie Cascio and James Porte with Rap Lyrics Written by Curtis Jackson. It was produced by Teddy Riley, Angelikson and Michael Jackson.

50 cent wrote his part ;)

Back