Michael Jackson feat. 50 cent - MONSTER - its the real deal says 50 -READ!

Yeah, I knew, and I usually don't do this, but that typo just made me laugh in a non-mean-spirited way. ;)

Actually I saw two spellings in the dictionary for the same definition "timbre" and "timber"

you have other examples between American and British English:

center vs centre
theater vs theatre
color vs colour
neighbor vs neighbour
gray vs grey
railroad vs railway

etc

Actually I saw two spellings in the dictionary for the same definition "timbre" and "timber"

Actually, I don't think so, I just checked, dict.leo.org doesn't think so either, and they always have both, the American and British spelling in there. Wouldn't make much sense either, since timber is a totally different word. But whatever, just saying, it's not like people didn't know what you meant and we all misspell or mistype words half the time.

And while the timbre might be somewhat unique, it's still possible that 2 people have more or less the same timbre, or a very similar one. Especially to the "naked ear".

Actually, I don't think so, I just checked, dict.leo.org doesn't think so either, and they always have both, the American and British spelling in there. Wouldn't make much sense either, since timber is a totally different word. But whatever, just saying, it's not like people didn't know what you meant and we all misspell or mistype words half the time.

And while the timbre might be somewhat unique, it's still possible that 2 people have more or less the same timbre, or a very similar one. Especially to the "naked ear".

I checked it in several dictionaries/glossaries for professionals. Although "timbre" is most frequently used "timber" in music industry is officially accepted. Check it in specialized glossary for translators and professional linguists on www.granddictionnaire.com

Milka you are right. The one that is relevant to this topic is timbre. Although, as was said before the one meaning wood can be applied in a comical way.

Anyway, have you listened to Mamacita by Jason Malachi? Isn't it scary how his voice ressembles Michael's?

Milka you are right. The one that is relevant to this topic is timbre. Although, as was said before the one meaning wood can be applied in a comical way.

Oh yeah, that was funny. And don't you just love a typical discussion between 2 non-native speakers (I guess?) about the English language? Non-native speakers can go totally crazy with all the spelling and grammar cr*p, sorry about that. ;)

The timber is something that allows you to recognize the person when you hear him/her. It is the uniqueness of each individual's voice. Even if you catch a cold and your voice becomes unrecognizable, your friends will probably tell you that they don't recognize your voice but they do recognize your timber. It is within your voice with or without a cold. It is like a fingerprint to a finger, it is unique for each person; it's not something that you can radically change. you can always imitate the voice, but never the timber.

Thanks, i know exactly what you mean. But i also think the vibrato is a big give away, some people say its digitally added, others say it's real. And it's kinda curious how there's the annoying vibrato on those three certain tracks and not on all the others.

Anyway, have you listened to Mamacita by Jason Malachi? Isn't it scary how his voice ressembles Michael's?

I've heard more Malachi songs than I ever wanted to hear in the last couple of weeks. Them sounding similar to a certain extent doesn't mean much though. But that guy go a lot of PR on here in the last couple of weeks, which is sad.

I think Jason Malachi is so overrated. I listened to his songs for years and to me it's obvious that he's not Michael.

Oh yeah, that was funny. And don't you just love a typical discussion between 2 non-native speakers (I guess?) about the English language? Non-native speakers can go totally crazy with all the spelling and grammar cr*p, sorry about that. ;)

Of course it is funny, and I like humor very much. However, being a native speaker doesn't mean much. You would be surprised to see how some native speakers have difficulties with spelling - even some teachers.

By the way I am a linguist and a translator, so languages are my profession.

___​

PM me If you want the album! :D

___​

Yep, and i hate it. I hate how this is allowed..dude is trying so ridiculously hard to sound like him, it's a damn shame, a goddamn shame really. But as for sounding similar to the Casco tracks...Let me let go and Monster are just scary and sickeningly similar. Can't believe that only a few people would notice that really.

Of course it is funny, and I like humor very much. However, being a native speaker doesn't mean much. You would be surprised to see how some native speakers have difficulties with spelling - even some teachers.

By the way I am a linguist and a translator, so languages are my profession.

Bumper, see my flag, English isn't my first language either, what I meant was that non-native speakers can get totally FANATIC about grammar and spelling, just to explain to the people here how and why this discussion even happened. ;)

And since we are talking about timbre ... at first, when I first heard JM a couple of weeks ago, he could have fooled me (still could probably, I've explained this before, I don't think that my ears are THAT good or "magical" ;) ), but now after a couple of weeks and people posting tons of comparison videos, different timbre. Still similar, but listening to things for a while and paying attention = ear training.

Yep, and i hate it. I hate how this is allowed..dude is trying so ridiculously hard to sound like him, it's a damn shame, a goddamn shame really. But as for sounding similar to the Casco tracks...Let me let go and Monster are just scary and sickeningly similar. Can't believe that only a few people would notice that really.

When it came out everyone claimed it was Michael's new song.

Now try also "Get out of my mind" by Ayhnik, people also claimed it was Michael when it came out.

You guys need like your own conspiracy section, I don't hear it in that Get Out Of My Mind song. And the difference between Tom Fox and Michael is this shrieking sound when he hits "that" note, Michael's has a more elegant sound. I do like that song though.

THIS? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxD3MNBMc3E

Are you kidding? Or is this the wrong link? People who hear MJ in that need new headphones.

Lol, yes that song. It sounds more like MJ's Dangerous era. And trust me, people thought it was Michael when it came out.

Nevertheless, what is intriguing, is that the string instruments used on that song are pretty much the same as in Michael's "Beatiful girl" which came out after "get out of my mind"!

You guys need like your own conspiracy section, I don't hear it in that Get Out Of My Mind song. And the difference between Tom Fox and Michael is this shrieking sound when he hits "that" note, Michael's has a more elegant sound. I do like that song though.
Why conspiracy theory section? Why not analysis section?

I don't hear Mike at all in that neither. I still say this has nothing to do with a conspiracy though.

Well guys, I'm off to sleep. Before I go, what do you think of Michael's previous album "7EVEN"? looool

(for those who didn't know, you can easily find it on internet and even buy it lol)

Well, I see that at least 50 Cent has been getting some praise for this song :lol:

Aside from the obvious Michael praise, 50 really does rip it here harder than I've heard him do in ages.

you don´t here Michsel there?? is it fake? I don´t think so.. But maybe it is low pitched Janet singing those songs... LOL :D :D :D :D :D

Just heard full version of MONSTER.

That is MJ. All the way. In parts he's being different but that's just him doing what he always does.

The song is pure MJ all the way.

Malachai on his best day has never sounded that much like MJ. Malachi can pull over subtle moments but never an entire song.

Especially on the aggressive moments, it's ooozes Michael.

Yall need to get over this and simply enjoy because the song is TIGHT!!!!

50 Cent's rap lyrics:

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Catch me in a bad mood, flippin', you'll take a whippin'
Animal, Hannibal, cannibal edition
Tears appear, yeah, blurrin' your vision
Fear in the air, screamin', your blood drippin'
Shiverin', shakin', now, now, now, now what is it
Fearin' them cemeteries, don't worry, it's time to visit
Broke bones, tombstones, how do you think I'm kiddin'
It's home, sweet home, the land of the forbidden
All hell, run tell the King has risen
2010 Thriller, there's not vanilla, it's Thriller