Michael Jackson "Immortal" Album Announcement

I did. I loved it. But to be honest some of the music I don't remember how it sounded. I was focusing on the dancers and whenever Michael came on the screen. The 2 hours went by so fast.

Yeah, I'm the same...I don't remember a lot of the music..Michael's vocals, on the other hand, still stand out to me...They sounded heavenly...:wub: Some songs like TDCAU and I'll Be There stood out to me in particular...

Yeah, I'm the same...I don't remember a lot of the music..Michael's vocals, on the other hand, still stand out to me...They sounded heavenly...:wub: Some songs like TDCAU and I'll Be There stood out to me in particular...

Me too. I know it's not a popular song but Childhood got to me. Childhood and I'll be There made me cry.

I'm so so so looking forward to this! I don't want to hear full songs, even tho I lost against I'll be there and YANA/IJCSLY... I also heard juuust a little bit of This place hotel and Dangerous, and TDCAU... I'm SO dying to hear the full experience! I pre ordered but im sure it wont be here for monday, I'll buy a copy at the music store!!! I really can't wait!

I'll be buying more than one cause I WANT THIS to be #1! IT DESERVES TO MAKE IT TO THE TOP!

Some of you, if not most, will say its not possible but I want to try, its a great musical work and better than lot of stuff out there, this is true talent re-done in a great way and it just HAS to be succesful

Me too. I know it's not a popular song but Childhood got to me. Childhood and I'll be There made me cry.

Oh yes! Childhood! I cried throughout the whole thing :( It touches me to the core...I love that song since the first day I ever heard it...Just bawled my eyes out...Same with Gone Too Soon and I'll Be There...

Oh yes! Childhood! I cried throughout the whole thing :( It touches me to the core...I love that song since the first day I ever heard it...Just bawled my eyes out...Same with Gone Too Soon and I'll Be There...

Me too.

I love that album! Especial Megamix, Jam, Dangerous, Will you be there and TDCAU!!

listening to some of the songs....its like saying goodbye all over again... :cry:

I've decided not to listen to the leak, I'll still listen to the song released daily on Soundcloud but I'm going to wait for the actual album before I listen to the rest.

Im sure I wont get my pre order by monday, damn

WHY DO THEY KEEP LEAKING SONGS SO OPENLY ON FACEBOOK? I don't think I'll be strong enough to resist if this keeps going like that........

Im sure I wont get my pre order by monday, damn

WHY DO THEY KEEP LEAKING SONGS SO OPENLY ON FACEBOOK? I don't think I'll be strong enough to resist if this keeps going like that........

They are not leaking them, they are releasing them as promo. Every day one song.

Immortal album is out now on Spotify!!

Everyone who have Spotify, you can now listen on the Immortal album. It is pretty awesome.

My favs are Ben and I'll Be There. The latter is just a piano and Michael's vocals -- BEAUTIFUL!

I know we should prevent downloading official releases, but i suggest you to do so or hear the official stream releases, if you don't have patience, to prevent dissapoiment or to miss something you will like.
It's has nice versions of the songs. but what i don't like is the way the songs are edited and mixed. they are to over-produced like some fan-made mixes. You know too much doooom booom bang and break-downs where just it takes the climax down. too amateurish, like mixed by one of our fellows here. even though, they would have done it better. Also how after power song, comes some slow and then straight to something fast. it just doesn't fit to me, the whole order of the songs.

I looove Dancing machine & TDCAU. I like SC, Dangerous, Jam, ES, Beat it, Scream and the megamix isn't bad. that's what i've listened for now. havn't listen to the slower songs much carefuly yet.

i'll give 3 from 5 points. it's has nice versions of the songs and something interesting for change, till the next album with unreleased songs comes out. well another best of album with remix versions. I think this shoudn't have been part of the 10 projects deal. It's ok that the Cirque did a sountrack of the show, but to me it's wasted release of the 7 year deal.

Last edited:
Actually I prefer this to the "Michael" album. So much better produced.

I love this! cant understand how some fans disapprove! I love the beats the way they have it all mixed its great!

sorry for the double post but where can i download the album so i dont have to buy it? i wont have the money for a long time and id like the album now. lol

I have just listened properly to disc 1. I am VERY impressed. Mixed very well and I like the freshness of the vocal. Disc 2 I'll listen to tommorow but so far, I am surprisingly enjoying this. Smooth Criminal was AMAZING. I loved the 'Annie Are You Ok?' bit, truly amazing.

Hear 'Immortal' In Its Entirety

First Listen: Michael Jackson, 'Immortal'
http://www.npr.org/2011/11/16/142418013/first-listen-michael-jackson-immortal

mj-immortal_wide.jpg

November 18, 2011

Michael Jackson was a genius of unrivaled artistic grace who gave the world a story that may never be fully absorbed. Eccentric to the point of painful isolation, yet deeply loved by myriad fans of many different stripes, Jackson embodied the extremes of America's glittering, punishing popular culture. His music ranks among its highest achievements, while the details of his life and death, at age 50 in 2008, confound us.

Michael Jackson: Immortal adds another dimension to the Jackson omnibus. He's the third pop star to earn his own Cirque du Soleil production — after The Beatles and Elvis Presley — but he probably should have been the first. No contemporary pop star identified more with the flash and magic of old-time entertainment, which Cirque has so artfully brought into the age of new technologies. And none have been as open as Jackson was to the dark side of the circus arts — to the pomp and tomfoolery, the weirdness of the freak show, the god-defying hubris of the acrobats.

This soundtrack album crafts a new version of Jackson's life story through remixes of his biggest hits and a few obscurities, as well as his own stated favorite songs. The final product forms a brightly colored backdrop specifically designed to suit Cirque's candy-coated acid-trip style. Musical director Kevin Antunes, who's worked with glossy acts like Madonna and Justin Timberlake, uses touchstones from Jackson's life — his childhood as a member of his era's most famous family band, speeches he gave about his love of nature and dedication to helping needy children, the fascination with horror that produced "Thriller" — to form a sonic narrative that's both instantly familiar and sometimes jarring. It's a fitting complement to the Cirque method of dazzling its audiences while also aiming to unsettle them.

MORE > http://www.npr.org/2011/11/16/142418013/first-listen-michael-jackson-immortal

Back