Michael Jackson meets with Stargate

If he's still looking for songs and producers to work with it's going to be a little while yet hun, at least he's actually working on putting togther an album :)

He’s apparently been ‘working’ on an album since 2006 when we found out he was working with Will.i.am but it’s 2009 now and still nothing has been released. As depressing as it might be, there might not be an album for another couple of years, and when it does finally drop it could be filled with collaborations from the big stars from today. I’m guessing the album will sound a couple of years out of date by the time it’s released. He just needs to work and get it out asap so that the sound is new and fresh, and hasn't already been used on all the big artists albums.

He’s apparently been ‘working’ on an album since 2006 when we found out he was working with Will.i.am
i wouldnt say its abeen as long as that. will meeting mj in ireland was about thriller 25 no real work on a new album will have started until he came back to the usa. so u are looking at early 07 at the earliest interms of starting the process.

Stargate got some really nice tracks, check out "Mary J Blige - Fade Away", I love that song.
Ne-yo wrote it BTW! :)
As many has said, Stargate and Ne-yo often work together to write to other artists as well.

This is good news, thanks for posting.
Its good to hear Michael is working on his album, he sure is keeping things close to his chest.

Stargate got some really nice tracks, check out "Mary J Blige - Fade Away", I love that song.
Ne-yo wrote it BTW! :)
As many has said, Stargate and Ne-yo often work together to write to other artists as well.
i dig that track a lot, because the sound is more soulful than usual which is probably due to it being a Ne-Yo co-production. i said this in another thread, but i think Ne-Yo's own sounds are superior to Stargate's. give me Janet's Can't B Good over a SG production anyday :p

Michael was - according to the guys - very talkative, and they were both amazed to finally meet him. "We had a nice lunch with Michael for a while back, where we spoke about music and songs for the new album", Tor Erik Hermansen said to the Norwegian newspaper Dagsavisen.

I'm so happy that Mike is out there meeting and/or working with all of these different people.

I especially love hearing that he was VERY TALKATIVE. Not only is that real cute, but he must have been very comfortable with Stargate in order for him to be so talkative. Sounds like they shared a nice vibe, which can translate to the music.

But most of all, I'm just happy because it appears that Michael is enjoying himself.

I don't really know how I should feel about this. While I admire Ne-Yo as a songwriter (check out Jennifer Hudson's "Can't Stop The Rain" as an excellent example), at the same time I'd rather not see Michael caught up in the same predictable StarGate trend as all the current Pop/R&B acts are. For some reason I think working with them will weaken the musical impact of a new Michael Jackson album.

I don't really know how I should feel about this. While I admire Ne-Yo as a songwriter (check out Jennifer Hudson's "Can't Stop The Rain" as an excellent example), at the same time I'd rather not see Michael caught up in the same predictable StarGate trend as all the current Pop/R&B acts are. For some reason I think working with them will weaken the musical impact of a new Michael Jackson album.

agreed. I want him and Quincy to work together again :(

These guys have done songs such as 'Dont Stop The Music', 'Irreplaceable', 'Beautiful Liar', and done a few songs for Ne-Yo, they make a lot of hits.

If true then some good news that he's still working hard :D

yep, and their song publisher is Sony/Michael Jackson................I mean Sony/ATV

Back