Michael Jackson Mural to Adorn "Bad" Brooklyn Subway Station

I have been wondering what ever happened to this mural so I finally decided to email the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership a couple of days ago. No response yet. I hope the project has not fallen through.

http://www.dbpartnership.org/

Here is the contact email address in case you guys would like to bombard them with questions. ;)

info@dbpartnership.org

Thanks for posting! I'll send an email too. :)

Has anyone heard anything on this project since June?

I was just listing MJ places in NYC the other day and realized that although there are many places where he stayed and worked in the city, there is not a single tribute to him. LA honors him in the Grammy and Guinness museums, Las Vegas is going to have the Cirque show and the MJ-themed lounge, and New York... nothing. It would be good to get something commemorative there too, and this mural was a great idea. Maybe we, fans, can somehow facilitate the process?

I know... I have been waiting for this to happen as well. I've not found any new updates online about this. Isn't there an original thread (another thread) with the announcment.. I'll look at the first post here & check for another thread for info. maybe there's contact info somewhere/someone we could speak to that would be able to give us some new insight and updates..

Edit:
Oh Thanks suzynyc - Here's contact info.

Originally Posted by suzynyc
I have been wondering what ever happened to this mural so I finally decided to email the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership a couple of days ago. No response yet. I hope the project has not fallen through.

http://www.dbpartnership.org/

Here is the contact email address in case you guys would like to bombard them with questions.

info@dbpartnership.org

:heart:
souldreamer7

Well, I wrote yet another email to this organization maybe a couple of months ago and no response again. I asked them to just let us know whether the project has been dropped or not. So I don't know what's going on. It's very sad. But we should all keep writing. How can they announce this so publicly and not follow through?

I sent an inquiry too. Everyone please email them if you have a minute - maybe if they receive a lot of questions, they will answer at least to someone.

I hope something does become of the tribute mural to Michael. As I'm sure it's something Michael would have loved to see.

Has anyone heard anything on this project since June?

I was just listing MJ places in NYC the other day and realized that although there are many places where he stayed and worked in the city, there is not a single tribute to him. LA honors him in the Grammy and Guinness museums, Las Vegas is going to have the Cirque show and the MJ-themed lounge, and New York... nothing. It would be good to get something commemorative there too, and this mural was a great idea. Maybe we, fans, can somehow facilitate the process?
He's on the "walk of fame" in front of the Apollo, if that counts.

Oh yeah, thanks. I forgot about that.
But still, I want him to have a special place of his own :)

Michael deserves this Brooklyn tribute. He and his Bad short film (along with director Scorsese) took a grubby, desolate city subway station and made it famous worldwide. I hope all the fans are making their voices heard. Thanks to those who have already written. :)

Back