Michael Jackson O2 Ticket Website Attracting 16,000 Visits a Second!

I'm very happy i signed up for presale tickets yesterday, because I would get stressed like hell, if I couldn't sign up for the pre sale and won't receive an confirming mail.

It is a hour earlier in london right? So 7am means 8:00 here.. or am i wrong?:)

These shows are going to sell out in minuttes and the media will be like "oh,just us with doubts then?" idiots. I cannot wait for Friday so they can suck it

i was buying tickets for mcfly the other week and i pressed the button the second they went on sale and im really far back.
They are NOWHERE near as in demand as MJ. I reckon its gonna be down to luck whether you press the button at the right time :S

The way I understand it having a comformation email does not mean you are automatically in the presale - you only find out later. Even if you are in the pre sale it does not guarantee you will get through on the phone, it only means you are eligible to buy tickets IF you get through on the wednesday. And then it will depend on if there are any tickets left. They could all be sold out before Friday. The best option is to sign up to O2 then you are definitely eligible to buy tickets from Wednesday.

It is a v clever marketing ploy by O2, we are in effect forced to leave our current mobile operators and sign up to 02 to buy tickets because we cannot risk waiting until Friday. PLUS you will notice that the pre-sale texting / email arrangement allows them to use your details for marketing purposes ie junk mail. I am not sure if this means they can also sell on your details as most companies do unless you tick a box saying you do not want them to and this is not an option with the presale.

I will no doubt regret writing this because I could reduce my own chances of getting through on the phone by raising awareness but I do not want Michael slated when fans are disappointed if they can't get tickets. Michael is a stadium artist, this is only an arena. Tickets for ACDC at the O2 sold out within minutes, not to fans, but to touts who were selling them on line straight away at 5 times the price. I wish we could queue up overnight at the arena to buy tickets ala Wembley Stadium back in the day - at least then the real fans could control whether or not they got tickets.

If the ticket website is getting 16,000 hits a second, that would be 960,000 (nearly 1 million hits a minute) or 57,600,000 an hour. That is some serious ish right there... the 10shows will be sold out in the blink of an eye. Eat your hearts out! :lmao:

If the ticket website is getting 16,000 hits a second, that would be 960,000 (nearly 1 million hits a minute) or 57,600,000 an hour. That is some serious ish right there... the 10shows will be sold out in the blink of an eye. Eat your hearts out! :lmao:

wow thats alot.

What the...... OMG. LOL I even read that somewhere else saying that, and that's why some fans had trouble applying for the tickets! O_O Holy crap.... 57,600,600 hits an HOUR. WHUT.

*faints*

i got my confirmation email about 10 minutes after I registered....but I'm just a bit confused....
when are they going to be sending the password or the code or w/e
And I'm in Canada so will I buy the tickets online and then have to print them out or something!?
Or is it gonna be by phone???

Ofcourse....if you are an existing O2 mobile user...you do get a few advantages -- this was the case with the Prince concerts apparently although it did not geenrate as much interest and we managed to get tickets easily..aaaaaand being an o2 customer was probably helpful in getting Indigo2 tickets for the prince afterparty thing.

I'm not about to switch from Orange to o2!LOL....lets wait and see.....

Man, these concerts are going to do well. I'm really happy for Mike. :)
Me too. I'm genuinely soooo happy for him

I know!!!! :clapping:
btw- cute siggy! :)

hey the o2 website has change and has michael on the front now.:wild:

mj_new_home_hero.jpg

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

www.theo2.co.uk

Back