Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon by David Gest (merged)

Re: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Producter David Gest and Universal Pictures announce all-star World Premi

Gaz, You spelled 'Gest' incorrectly in the 2nd post and on YouTube.

Re: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Producter David Gest and Universal Pictures announce all-star World Premi

Great just in time for the verdict. barf.
What's that got to do with it? We've known the release for this film is October 31st for ages.

Thanks Gaz but I beat you to it!! :cheeky:

(see the existing DVD thread)

I have to admit I'm warming to the idea of this now.
I'm not the biggest fan of Gest, he's always come across as a bit fake to me but you can't deny his relationship with Michael, I know he wont portray him negatively at all :)

What's that got to do with it? We've known the release for this film is October 31st for ages.

a premier with family members there. u would thnk they would have more important issues to be dealing with at that time.not be stood on the red carpet and being told by the way your sons killer just got off

what J. Taraborelli said had me in tears.that desolate face.ugh.. i think i'll eventually see this but i dont see myself buying it. i dont see the point of buying something that will break my heart everytime i watch it. Watching it is one thing but i dont think its something i can use as a form of entertainment

a premier with family members there. u would thnk they would have more important issues to be dealing with at that time.not be stood on the red carpet and being told by the way your sons killer just got off
Ugh, you're right. But I'm not surprised at anything the family do nowadays. They've stooped so low so many times, it's hard to keep track.

I will never give my money to Gest.

I prefer to help charities that to give money to these people who JUST CARE ABOUT MONEY.

No thanks.

Taraborelli????? grrrrrrr

So mrs J is coming back over to london at the beginning of nov for this? At least the family turned out with the children for the cirque premiere, although i read somewhere that it was a last minute decision. Their priorities are seriously misplaced.

Judging by that clip of JRT pretending to look concerned about the devastating effects of the trial on mj, I think i'll pass on this dvd.

I am looking forward to it.

Poor Michael. Being the best person on earth - and the being accused of such nasty stuff. - No doubt he was devastated. Had it not been for those outrages accusations MJ would still be alive - I really believe that.

I hate the Arvizos and the Chandlers even more than Murray! :'(

Exactly why does that video have to mention the trial?????

If they are gonna make a documentary, then they should make more emphasis onto the not-so-obvious parts of Michael's life and legacy that people (fans and non-fans alike) could learn from........For example, most non-fans are usually oblivious to Michael's charitable heart!

I would like to watch this, but I don't want to be let down. My biggest concern are the pure randomness of the comments that Michael's family often make.......and their tendency to attempt to convince everyone that they really cared for Michael!!!!

It will be interesting to see if the announcement of the verdict coincides with the all-star premiere of this thing on Nov. 2nd, I wonder what the priority will be then.

I'll pass on this.

I hope it will show the world how much pain the media put upon MJ.

Hopefully people will feel a little guilty and feel sorry for MJ.

MJ did nothing but good - and he never got the respect he deserved. :(

Miss MJ so much! :(

I posted this before in the other thread about this.

Personally, I will not be buying this DVD. The thing that ruins it, in my opinion, is all the downing of Michael by people he loved and trusted at one time or another. The addict talk especially is already worn thin and threadbare. I'm just so tired of all the "Michael is to blame for this or that which happened to him." stuff like there weren't people around him who did him really dirty and got away with it. Michael wasn't perfect. But in many cases, he was forced to put up with alot of mess, being treated like crap because of other people drawing him into their drama. And that wasn't fair at all. This is all just my opinion.

Last edited:

I will pass....**barf**

Michael was Bullied by tv print and radio for yrs. I think his spirit was broken, even though he loved and knew he was loved back what they did to him then and now is unhuman. Michael was hurting. God I hate them for what they did to Michael.They BULLIED Michael to death. (Michael I miss you)

Re: Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon - Excl Advanced Blu-ray & DVD Cover Preview *Update Post 13

man, when they said the family were coming i thought they were taking the kids who'd see the stuff about drugs and plastic surgery! had my blood boiling until i realised it was only the bro's and mama kath

You never know, they just may be there....and once again you see the division within the family.

David Gest seems to have a permanent "Surprise" look.

I'm intrigued to see this.

Interesting that T-Mez and Susan Yu are attending.

And the curse of the depressing board strikes again.

You know it does not matter what thread what section what email what pm I read, everything is so depressing.

Sorry but I had to let of a little steam as I feel like bursting right now.

I'm sure David Gest included some of the more 'uncomfortable' moments in MJ's life in order to secure TV distribution with the major networks who would not be interested in showing this documentary unless they were included. However, that strategy clearly didn't work because as far as I know none of the TV networks in the US or UK are showing this between now and when the DVD is released. Although these 'uncomfortable' moments were a major part in MJ's life, particularly in the latter years, I'm sure many more of MJ's fans would be interested in this documentary if they were excluded. However, I would have been very interested to see this on TV as I'm sure the overall feeling from the documentary will be positive.
I find the line up of guests for the premier underwhelming to be honest. I don't think I'll try to win tickets, though I might change my mind if some of today's big names are announced...

Sorry gaz for being depressing!

I'm sure it will be a pretty positive documentary overall, but i for one am only interested if this is the type of doc that gets shown on network tv so the general public can get a taste of something other than the wh**o ja**o image. This is just going to be marketed to mj fans to make a buck and i get tired of all the (non-estate) stuff we are meant to support to help other people's bank balances. I'm only really interested in things that can rehabilitate mj's image to the wider public, just can't see how this dvd is going to do that.

GAZ - I agree.

I am looking very much forward to this.

Hopefully there are new clips of MJ and other uniq rare stuff.

You know it does not matter what thread what section what email what pm I read, everything is so depressing.

Well most of us fans have just one request at this time..........Justice!!!

However, between that tribute, Jermaine's Book and this DVD........something tells me that Justice is not on the minds of these people..........

Doesn't it make you mad when Murray's trial is being used as marketing tool for these sales gimmicks aimed towards us (Michael's fans)????

Exactly how is that not depressing???

Well, it will keep striking until these vipers stop exploiting Michael Jackson's death.

Not a criticism, but I am surprised you are supporting David Gest and his (VERY OBVIOUS!!) money scam. Last I checked, Michael left all his assests to his estate...not to David Gest

Well most of us fans have just one request at this time..........Justice!!!

However, between that tribute, Jermaine's Book and this DVD........something tells me that Justice is not on the minds of these people..........

Doesn't it make you mad when Murray's trial is being used as marketing tool for these sales gimmicks aimed towards us (Michael's fans)????

Exactly how is that not depressing???

Exactly!!!

Sorry gaz for being depressing!

I'm sure it will be a pretty positive documentary overall, but i for one am only interested if this is the type of doc that gets shown on network tv so the general public can get a taste of something other than the wh**o ja**o image. This is just going to be marketed to mj fans to make a buck and i get tired of all the (non-estate) stuff we are meant to support to help other people's bank balances. I'm only really interested in things that can rehabilitate mj's image to the wider public, just can't see how this dvd is going to do that.

Couldn't have said it better.

Last edited:

I'd like to go, even just to stand and watch the 'red carpet' arrivals....I don't think I'll ever have another chance to see and possibly meet T Mez.

I'm 100% focused on the trial, and will be less than happy if the premiere clashes.....but I'm afraid (to be even more depressing!) that I don't feel that a guilty verdict will bring anything like the kind of justice (ie punishment) CM deserves. (It's all we may get, I know, but it will never be enough...nothing could be, at least not in this life).

Re: Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon - Excl Advanced Blu-ray & DVD Cover Preview *Update Post 13

157 min... Thats nice and long I look forward to this

Back