Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allusio;4009457 said:
So you don’t believe in "Virtual Michael" because it looks too real?

No, I can't strike a balance believing the body/clothing looks THAT REAL and the face looks s**t basically. The clothing is EXTREMELY detailed, someone created each of those rhinestones and set them into place, the slight micro movements of the trousers, the way the Jacket creases all up the arms, the shadows, everything is as good as it could be. Then they screwed up the face, it is nowhere near on par with the outfit.

Where'd I say it was said by LA Reid? All I said was thats what we were told, and that it was supposedly unearthed by LA Reid. This Robin Leach person also claimed to have "sources" from the Estate. The Estate also never denied or disputed this article.

It's nobodies fault, not a fans at least, for assuming the article was on point, when no one ever came out to dispute it. Kill that.

That guy "Robin Leach" is a LIAR. There is NO footage. And LA Reid said nothing about any footage. The point is not to believe some random reporter like Roger Friedman or Robin Leach. They are all liars, NOT insiders!

Musion is exactly the same thing Alki David claiming ownership on.

his exact words are

"In 1862, John Pepper and Henry Dircks invented 'Pepper's Ghost,' an illusion technique, which, over the last 150 years, has appeared in movies, concerts, magic shows and amusement park rides," says the lawsuit. "Today a new incarnation of Pepper's Ghost exists -- Musion Eyeliner technology. Musion Eyeliner uses a patented system to project three-dimensional images virtually indistinguishable from real life bodies."

The people behind "virtual Michael" claimed it was different technology and nothing to do with that patent.]

The people behind "Virtual Michael" talk s**t! http://www.eyeliner3d.com/index.html

And this is why, i can't buy anything they said, it was obvious they used the method, it was obvious we didn't get anything Tupac didn't get 2 years ago, hell just 10 minutes ago I watched the performance again and found a blemish on the screen they were using xD

My question is, what happened to all that motion sensor captured footage MJ had to do for the skeleton for the Ghosts short film. I thought for sure they would use movements from that, because you're actually getting Michael's moved transferred to digital information.

The question is, who has the rights/access to the files, I certainly hope they are properly stored.

Once they have the files, they would probably need to build a "workaround" to be able to import such files from an old and dated computer system/program to the new programs/hardware.

The people behind "Virtual Michael" talk s**t! http://www.eyeliner3d.com/index.html

actually this if true makes me laugh.. so they licensed the technology from an authorized reseller but not directly from Alki? ehehehe funny

as for the technology as far as I understand this is how you project the image to the screen. Perhaps how they came up with the image is what is new and different. anyway it would come out in due time..

Chamife;4009450 said:
What about "You need to feel. You become the bass, you become the fanfare, you become the clarinet and the flute and the strings and the drums".

or:

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the Creator. Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on. On many an occasion when I am dancing, I have felt touched by something sacred. In those moments, I felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists. I become the stars and the moon. I become the lover and the beloved. I become the victor and the vanquished. I become the master and the slave. I become the singer and the song. I become the knower and the known. I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation. The Creator and the creation merge into one wholeness of joy. I keep on dancing — until there is only ... the dance."

or:

"Moving body is an art. Dance is the true expression of emotions by body movements. It's a wonderful thing to be on the floor, but feel free yet inexplicably, literally in the higher realms and do what you want ... It is an escapism, a way to get away from everything and just move your body to let all tension and pain to come out."

or

"I pretty much just get in a room and I start to dance, and uh, I don't create the dance, the dance creates itself, really. You know, I'll do something and I'll look back... I'll look back on tape and I'll go, "Wow," I didn't realize I had done that. It came out of the drums. You become.... Dancing is about interpretation. You become.... You become the accompaniment of the music. So when you become the bass of Billie Jean, I couldn't help but do the step that I was doing when the song first starts, because, uh, that's what it told me to do. You know, if I turn around, spin, stop, move my legs to the side and then lift up the collar of my shirt, that's for that moment is an accompaniment."

That's why I was attracted to Michael Jackson from the beginning. His dancing. It was a joy to watch him dance and it was for the reasons above.
So is no one missing that expression of emotion when you see an impersonator or hologram or whatever 'dance ' to STTR? There's dance and dance.

I feel nothing watching that show, so I don't get the exitement. And yes, I know he's gone. Just expressing my feelings, like we all do on here.

I agree and I think that this will always be problematic for holograms. It is very different watching a walking / talking / singing hologram, to watching a dancing hologram. It isn't just about the body movements, or the timing, or the flow. it's about the expression of feeling and the way that the music is conveyed through the dance. I can't imagine a successful hologram of Baryshnikov, or Astaire, or Kelly, or any of the great dancers, because the nuances are too subtle for a relatively crude technique. Facial expression alone involves hundreds of tiny muscles...I can't see CGI getting within a million miles of that in the near future. I don't think it means that they shouldn't try...but perhaps it is best not to call the results a 'virtual Michael'?

Last edited:
actually this if true makes me laugh.. so they licensed the technology from an authorized reseller but not directly from Alki? ehehehe funny

as for the technology as far as I understand this is how you project the image to the screen. Perhaps how they came up with the image is what is new and different.

I dunno it does seem funny as hell, its like their supplier "outed" them almost. But you can see a clear blemish quite a big one floating in front of "VirtualMJ" during the performance, the screen vibrates the same as Musion Eyeliner and the image is projected onto a 2d surface.........like...........its the same thing right? dunno about how they came up with the image, but I dont think you can even patent sticking a face on someones body or creating someone in CGI xD

Well you said we were "lied" and my point is that they can't lie to us if they aren't the source of the information. And when did you see Estate coming out to dispute any and all articles and/or every single detail of every article? For example some people say negative things about MJJC, it's staff and so on ebery day, just because we don't spend our time disputing it doesn't mean those stuff are true.

Difference between that is, we already know that stuff isn't true because we all know who Michael was as an individual. And we were lied to, I don't care how you try to flip it. Someone who is taken seriously as a journalist, said he got word from the Estate that this would be comprised of unseen footage. The Estate never disputed it, you know, like how they disputed Wade's claim, how they just disputed the Alki David lawsuit, how they disputed the new claims from the Pepsi kid.....They didn't dispute this, thus people assumed it was true. Nobody is to be blamed for that, not any fan anyway. So again, kill that. Fact is, we were given a runaround, simple as that.

Why are people calling the Estate and Robin Leach liars? Maybe some should read things properly. The Estate never said a word about newly found STTR footage, Robin did mention it, but no where did he state that they were using it in the performance.

ivy;4009475 said:

as for the technology as far as I understand this is how you project the image to the screen. Perhaps how they came up with the image is what is new and different. anyway it would come out in due time..

I thought that AD bought the licence from Musion, and so Musion is now his re-seller? I guess they have added the Billboard event to their site in line with their court claim.

I see that Musion now seem to be advertising Xscape on their webpage banner!

http://www.eyeliner3d.com/michael_jackson_hologram_billboard_awards_2014.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The controversial holographic representation of Michael Jackson at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas was performed despite a request for an injunction by Hologram USA. But Judge Nancy J. Koppe of the Nevada court ordered last minute emergency access and lawyers from both sides entered the backstage area of MGM with court videographers.

Accounts indicate that the technology used for the Jackson hologram was indeed that owned by Alki David‘s Hologram USA and Musion Das Hologram, which directly contradicts Pulse Entertainment CEO John Textor’s claim to the court that it was not using the same technology. Hologram USA’s attorneys and Musion CEO Giovanni Palma were also present for the inspection, as well as lawyers for the Jackson Estate. Read the full account of the lawsuit here.)

There was quite a bit of tension backstage as the team inspected every aspect of the set-up to create the hologram. And that tension turned into real drama when the visit also proved that James Rock, an ex-employee of Musion Das Hologram, was backstage working on the Michael Jackson hologram, despite the fact that Textor told the court Rock was not involved, and was not even in Las Vegas. The court videographers interviewed Rock backstage at the MGM

Meanwhile Hologram USA’s attorney issued a statement:

“Pursuant to a court order issued Sunday afternoon, Holgram USA was able to inspect the equipment used by Defendants to produce the Michael Jackson hologram,” said Hologram USA’s attorney Ryan G. Baker of Baker Marquart. “Based on that inspection, which Defendants had earlier refused to permit, it is apparent that Defendants have infringed Plaintiffs’ patents. Plaintiffs will continue to take discovery to bring Defendants’ misdeeds out of the shadows and into the light.”

The suit was filed Thursday against John Textor and his Florida-based Pulse Enteretainment along with Prometheus Global Media, which owns Billboard, Dick Clark Productions and the Michael Jackson Estate.

The suit points out that Hologram USA has the North American license for Musion’s Eyeliner technology which is the most advanced form of holographic representation available.

David, CEO of Hologram USA, said, “It is no surprise that Pulse was stealing our technology. I partnered with the inventor Uwe Maas to bring the magic back to entertainment and it’s just such a shame that people like John Textor and his cronies felt it necessary to behave this way.”

Legal experts say that the eveidence of perjury may increase the awards made to Hologram USA by as much as three times—and liable to criminal charges.

http://www.filmon.com/news/28952-jackson-hologram-bma-court-order-inspection

Last edited:
Gold Pants Girl;4009485 said:
Why are people calling the Estate and Robin Leach liars? Maybe some should read things properly. The Estate never said a word about newly found STTR footage, Robin did mention it, but no where did he state that they were using it in the performance.

Robin Leach;4009485 said:
I learned that Michael’s estate trustees came across undiscovered L.A. Reid recorded footage of Michael that they didn’t know existed. The lawsuit says the music will be a new song, “Slave to the Rhythm.”

“They didn’t know what they originally wanted to do with it or make with it except just wanting to capture him alive forever. That became the background format for this new technology. It might have gone to Cirque du Soleil. They might have found a way to complete the This Is It tour.

Read that back to me, let me know what it says...I'll wait.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdel...ard-awards-preview-michael-jackson-imagery-i/

Questions please:

For those of you that did not see Michael perform live and even those that did: did you feel the magic seeing whatever that was at Billboard that took anywhere from six-months to two years to develop as opposed to the VHS quality Bad concert performance?

Has anyone questioned why more support was given to the so-called experience that happened at Billboard (which was touted to be the same whether seen live or via television) as opposed to the two hour documentary Spike Lee directed which included clips of Michael working on Bad and its short films and dived into his creative process?

"She dances to the kitchen stove..." ---> thats the dancing from the black or white video with the thai ladies

edit : the more i see it the more i realise that its not a hologram nor CGI it's a compilation of MJ performances completed by some computer generated parts (mouth for the lyrics) and some other moves cause well maybe the moonwalk for exp from billie jean was not suitable with the beat or something guys what you see is a lot of videos, performances, concerts... at the same time to give the illusion of a live thing

Last edited:
So Robin Leach is ignoring me and everyone else lol I don't expect to get a reply.

Last edited:
Questions please:

For those of you that did not see Michael perform live and even those that did: did you feel the magic seeing whatever that was at Billboard that took anywhere from six-months to two years to develop as opposed to the VHS quality Bad concert performance?

Has anyone questioned why more support was given to the so-called experience that happened at Billboard (which was touted to be the same whether seen live or via television) as opposed to the two hour documentary Spike Lee directed which included clips of Michael working on Bad and its short films and dived into his creative process?

There's more support for the new technology cause the possibilities are endless with this new thing (call it Hologram/CGI/or walala) while MJ's studio shots, unreleased videos etc... they already got that and just want to use it in a smart way for documentaries, videos and specials

They just talked about this on CNN. Positive segment. The girls did say it was like creepy and cool and made for good television. One said they didn't think it did Michael enough justice. There is only one Michael. Overall this is really good promotion and we said we wanted that for this album. The more I watch the more I don't think it is bad. I just wish the real Michael was still here. I wish he could have walked through that screen. Can't help that feeling. Always miss him.

Questions please:

Invalid comparison, considering that Branca's idea was to set this as a live performance of a never before released song.. it could have been a lot worse, plus they have high def shows from each tour, short film, various studio footage & more yet, you don't see anyone comparing posthumous projects here do you? no. There'll be more in the future, thing's will be developed further, this is just the beginning, you have to remember.. it's only been 5 years. That is all.

Where did Robin get the whole it took 2 1/2 years to develop this? The official article states 5-6 months lol

ETA: Makes more sense now if you read his new article

Last edited:
It's computer-generated so don't expect a "REAL" Michael with "soul" and "emotion"

Not Estate, Not LA Reid. Just Robin Leach. He is a liar.

In fact the Spike Lee-docu was in television in many countries worldwide to best telvision-time and get also attention on the film-festival in Cannes. Did you expect it should be shown in a award-show?

It was never going to be 'perfect'. Sadly Michael will never be with us again. I think it was a great attempt at something very different and, for me, it worked. The press are all over this and the majority are more than positive. The audience last night was mesmerised, some were in tears. Did it help to sell albums - undoubtedly. Did it promote Michael and his legacy - absolutely. Will there be new fans - without a doubt. Was it done with the best possible intentions to keep Michael in the spotlight - certainly.
Many of us here have seen Michael perform live in concert, we are blessed. Maybe something like this will give fans who never saw him whilst he was with us have a chance to experience in a very small way a tiny part of the magic just by seeing audience reaction.
Michael himself loved innovation. He would have been clapping his hands at the thoughts of how he could make this kind of thing even better and used something like it himself to entertain us. I am embracing it. Nothing will ever be the same for me now that he is no longer with us but technology moves on.
Check out the press reports and smile. x

Applaus ! Best thing I have read today..Thank you very much

There's more support for the new technology cause the possibilities are endless with this new thing (call it Hologram/CGI/or walala) while MJ's studio shots, unreleased videos etc... they already got that and just want to use it in a smart way for documentaries, videos and specials

its the same technology used 2 years ago to make Tupac and the same used in the Cirque Du Soleil show, it was obviously created for that show, they used it a little, but reworked it for this performance, hence where Mr Leach got his 2 years from or some sh!t xD

ignore all this "Brand new", "never been seen before" bullcrap, its just the same stuff they used before, but this time they said in court they aint using it (I think referencing one of Ivy's posts :/), but infact they did

So whats next? VMJTII2020? I thought it was a great effort... I get the disappointment due to the hype and words used to describe it beforehand...

But if you forget what ya thought might happen in the build up, how it was described or what your expectations were and enjoy it for what is it was, it was actually quite spectacular!

I don't care how it was created, the process, the technology etc... I just enjoyed it. Xx

its the same technology used 2 years ago to make Tupac and the same used in the Cirque Du Soleil show, it was obviously created for that show, they used it a little, but reworked it for this performance, hence where Mr Leach got his 2 years from or some sh!t xD

ignore all this "Brand new", "never been seen before" bullcrap, its just the same stuff they used before, but this time they said in court they aint using it (I think referencing one of Ivy's posts :/), but infact they did

Mate we've seen it live together and i know how hyped you were and witnessed your dissapointment but let me ask you this : would you prefer this or nothing at all ??? and if you answer nothing at if we got nothing wouldn't you be around here saying that estate sony etc are not doin' anything to help promote MJ's music etc ?

you can't do beter (i can't do better) all we can do is like or dislike it (think of that thieve in the ad yesterday or Jenner kendall or Imagine dragons and smile)

Edit : oh and its never seen before too cause just think for a moment there's 11+ holograms in this lol while Tupac was all alone and snoop 5 meters away and if i remember the image of Tupac was sliding all over the place

Edit : replacing the snare with claps on first verse is dope lol

Edit 3 : put it on fullscreen and go to teh other end of the room and see it from a distance you'll see MJ moving in 80% and CGI tweaks in the rest

Last edited:

he did actually this is from his twitter

Robin Leach ?@Robin_Leach

No impersonators were used in filming of the Michael Jackson experience- or in the ONE show at Mandalay Bay. This is totally new technology

Robin Leach ?@Robin_Leach 18h

But based on Michael filming new recording with undiscovered footage with LA Reid from awhile back

he did actually this is from his twitter

Robin Leach ?@Robin_Leach

No impersonators were used in filming of the Michael Jackson experience- or in the ONE show at Mandalay Bay. This is totally new technology

Robin Leach ?@Robin_Leach 18h

But based on Michael filming new recording with undiscovered footage with LA Reid from awhile back

Thanks. What date is this from?

Mate we've seen it live together and i know how hyped you were and witnessed your dissapointment but let me ask you this : would you prefer this or nothing at all ??? and if you answer nothing at if we got nothing wouldn't you be around here saying that estate sony etc are not doin' anything to help promote MJ's music etc ?

you can't do beter (i can't do better) all we can do is like or dislike it (think of that thieve in the ad yesterday or Jenner kendall or Imagine dragons and smile)

Edit : oh and its never seen before too cause just think for a moment there's 11+ holograms in this lol while Tupac was all alone and snoop 5 meters away and if i remember the image of Tupac was sliding all over the place

Edit : replacing the snare with claps on first verse is dope lol

Edit 3 : put it on fullscreen and go to teh other end of the room and see it from a distance you'll see MJ moving in 80% and CGI tweaks in the rest

TBH this is my point, it should not be a case of "this or nothing at all" its should be this but done better, why settle for exactly the same thing they dropped on Tupac 2 years ago? We know for a start without even taking movements into consideration a much better CGI face could of been produced, this is the same thing they had at "One" but labelled as a brand new experience, instead of giving us advances like Michael strived for they re-label old stuff and try to pass it off as new, like we some fools? And the fact theres over 11 holograms makes no different, its the same thing multiplied, next year if they give us 12 are we gonna scream that this is the milestone advance in technology? There was no point in even making the illusion, because there wasn't anyone real on stage for the interaction, they might aswell had projected it onto a white screen with some popcorn.

Not Estate, Not LA Reid. Just Robin Leach. He is a liar.

I'm starting to think this was a joint effort between Robin Leach and Larry Klein of Dick Clark Productions to drive up ratings for the show. They were not entirely truthful in what we got at the end.

Infact the close up shots live were straight camera feeds no illusion at all and the same for the video on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back