Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's what I'm talking about. He says he learned the Executives came across new footage. He NEVER states who he learned it from.. It could be Billboard production company, it could be one of the DJs/Media in attendance. That's my point.

yeah he kept mentioning the DJs in his tweets so I'm inclined to believe his source def isn't the estate. I wish the estate or someone could clear this up though what footage is he talking bout that's what I'd like to know.

Can I ask any chance someone could take the 2 versions the one from last night and the one the estate uploaded and mesh it together to make one video with all the best angles...I think that would be cool. I'd do it but I'm crap when it comes to those things.

I have watched it a few times now and actually love it , for a moment it was MJ there are so many people and fans moaning (as usual) saying its an impersonator....its obviously cgi built from MJ and tried to make it like he was here ( why have an 1990 MJ in 2014?) and for me it felt like that which i loved. The technology is awesome and thumbs up all the way from me. I especially enjoy how they have cut it from the other recordings of the song and ad libs , MJ recorded this over 20 times in the studio and gave it a new feel. It will never be the same because MJ isn't here anymore for a moment i felt the magic again....to me that's all i want and to know the magic is strong and keep him alive in everybody.

But it's not. Especially when you include the term "obviously".

I don't suppose if someone asked the estate they'd reply and explain to us what Robin meant bout this so called new footage. Like I know it's not a big deal to some but it's bothering me so much and i don't know why.

Big question if it would have looked more like Michael, but been a impersonator would everyone be more happy ?

I rather hope that there isn't a future expectation that 'Michael' needs to be there to promote his songs. I love excellent dance of all kinds....including new styles. It would be great to have some truly excellent and remarkable new young dancers (not dressed like Michael) creating moves that have never been seen before, to Michael's 'new' music.

I will continue to hope for more footage of Michael dancing from any sources, be they rehearsals, concert performances, films or even bopping in the back seat of someone's car. These would hopefully make great additions to any future DVDs.

Watched it a number of times and I really like it, however I liked the plasticine Jackie Wilson in Reet Petite. I don't think to much about music like many people on here. I didn't like everything that Michael did and to be honest I don't really care who produces the music if it's good it's good. The video is something different and the video I've seen most of the footage is far away and I imagine how's it's best viewed

I don't care what any Estate produced article reads. I personally, refuse to let them insult my intelligence like that.

That article also says it ISN'T based on prior performances Michael has done.

Originally Posted by Pentum View Post

Will this feature include a "neg" feature as well, instead of just the "rep" function?

Will 'negs' be given for every post someone disagrees with? I really hope not........

Off topic, but how about a "no thanks" button? it will not cause as much trouble as a "neg rep" button.

TBH this is my point, it should not be a case of "this or nothing at all" its should be this but done better, why settle for exactly the same thing they dropped on Tupac 2 years ago? We know for a start without even taking movements into consideration a much better CGI face could of been produced, this is the same thing they had at "One" but labelled as a brand new experience, instead of giving us advances like Michael strived for they re-label old stuff and try to pass it off as new, like we some fools? And the fact theres over 11 holograms makes no different, its the same thing multiplied, next year if they give us 12 are we gonna scream that this is the milestone advance in technology? There was no point in even making the illusion, because there wasn't anyone real on stage for the interaction, they might aswell had projected it onto a white screen with some popcorn.

ok and i agree on most points with you but you are missing the most important thing "AT LEAST THEY TRIED" you can see it as a starting point an experiment something they will learn from (and don't forget that for the average joe which is the REAL target it's awesome, groundbreaking blah blah blah)

"So the image that wowed the crowd Sunday night was created entirely on a computer and not from a past performance."

Meaning there is NO footage of MJ performing Slave. But the moves are obviosly inspired from MJ's past performances just like Toluega brothers have said.

I meant it's based on the movements of an impersonator, and simply won't buy whatever the Estate says, because I know better.

I just don't understand why a CGI would be wearing, known clothing that's on sale on various tribute artists sites. Almost like it had a prior performance and was still wearing the clothes from a prior track on a setlist.

I just don't understand why a CGI would be wearing, known clothing that's on sale on various tribute artists sites. Almost like it had a prior performance and was still wearing the clothes from a prior track on a setlist.

That is stupid. If they had an impersonator Estate would dress him, he would not wear his own cheep clothes from some sale.

That is stupid. If they had an impersonator Estate would dress him, he would not wear his own cheep clothes from some sale.

It's stupid, yet his pants is clearly a part of the Dangerous Era leotard, that many impersonators buy and use when on their shows...You can see the buttons on them in literally every shot there is....It's stupid, yet he's wearing the Smooth Criminal shoes, that are also on sale on "cheap website sales", just a different color variation, as well as a jacket that has also been seen on sale, on various tribute artists sites....Yea, it's totally stupid.

That clothing was probably designed for this performance by Zaldy because he did clothes for all other dancers.

Yea, Zaldy told them to replicate tribute artist clothing on a CGI image...When literally all of the other stuff he prepared for Michael, really had no real similarities to the things Michael wore on previous shows. Which also becomes evident, to me, when you speak of the clothing of the dancers.

Yea, Zaldy told them to replicate tribute artist clothing on a CGI image...When literally all of the other stuff he prepared for Michael, really had no real similarities to the things Michael wore on previous shows. Which also becomes evident, to me, when you speak of the clothing of the dancers.

"tribute artist clothing" NO. NO. NO.

That is just your opinion. NOT a fact. Give me a picures of impersonators wearing that clothes.

-sigh- Hold on...

Here's the shoes, the "CGI" is wearing, he's just got on a different color variation. Go back a couple of pages and see the image that was posted of an "updated" screen shot of the "CGI" with a more realistic looking Michael face, in that picture you can clearly see the part that goes under the shoe..

2dabtk5.jpg

And here's the pant's he's wearing, again, just another color variation. Notice the buttons in the groin area..

2568xds.jpg

And the only reason I noticed this was because I was watching Michael perform Man In The Mirror, yesterday before the awards show aired and never noticed that he wore the same pants throughout the majority of the show, the pants with buttons on them. Which I've seen on tribute artists, like Earnest Valentino and many others.

Anything else?

Last edited:
Are you saying you don't believe any impersonator is involved in this?

I am not that into computers so I don't know what is possible and what not. But when you watch movies like Transformers it's pretty much everything possible. And even more in the movies there are more complicated stuff and characters doing more complicated moves that this "MJ" performance and it is even more realistic.

So what I'm saying is that it is possible that it is created entirely on computer. I don't know. Either way it's not Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back