Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
he did actually this is from his twitter

Robin Leach ?@Robin_Leach

No impersonators were used in filming of the Michael Jackson experience- or in the ONE show at Mandalay Bay. This is totally new technology

Robin Leach ?@Robin_Leach 18h

But based on Michael filming new recording with undiscovered footage with LA Reid from awhile back

That is an outright lie. No way was what we saw undiscovered footage of Michael. Who are they trying to fool?

Birchey - would you be able to set up a poll so we can all vote whether or not we liked the performance? Based on some of the passionate views that have been expressed on both sides it would be interesting to know where the overall fan community stands on this issue. Unfortunately, I had some difficulty when trying to create a poll. I didn't see this option in the screen

BillboardMusicAwards @OfficialBBMAs · 15h

The #MJILLUSION #BBMAs pic.twitter.com/JQDnvcXxX3

BillboardMusicAwards ✔ @OfficialBBMAs
Follow

Forever the #KingOfPop http://gph.to/1jtwuyB #BBMAs
<time pubdate="" class="dt-updated" datetime="2014-05-19T01:48:49+0000" title="Time posted: 19 May 2014, 01:48:49 (UTC)">6:48 PM - 18 May 2014</time>
<iframe class="autosized-media" src="https://giphy.com/embed/ilqOZW7RTiIOtCG1t6/twitter/iframe" width="435" data-width="435" height="239" data-height="239" title="Embedded media player" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; line-height: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; list-style: none; border-width: 0px; outline: rgb(0, 0, 0);"></iframe>
Giphy @giphy

Michael &#9819; Jackson @WeloveyouMJJ · 3h

#NEWS Thanks to the Michael Jackson hologram, Last nights Billboard Music Awards had the #BBMAs largest audience in 13 Years!

http://gma.yahoo.com/michael-jackso...at-billboard-music-awards-2014-110858501.html

Birchey - would you be able to set up a poll so we can all vote whether or not we liked the performance? Based on some of the passionate views that have been expressed on both sides it would be interesting to know where the overall fan community stands on this issue. Unfortunately, I had some difficulty when trying to create a poll. I didn't see this option in the screen

I tried embedding 2 different polls, first one after clicking vote or view sent me to a MJJC page asking for some token thing, 2nd one didn't format right. I got annoyed with it. If anyone can embed one in a new thread would be cool

for choices maybe

Great Concept, Great Execution
Great Concept, Poor Execution
Poor Concept, Great Execution
Poor Concept, Poor Execution

or something to that effect? because alot of us think its a great idea just done badly, alot of us think its all good, some just hated the whole idea.

They can get right lost with that, are they trying to insult our intelligence or what!? It's Michael all over again trying to convince us of Michael's vocals being legit.

The worst thing about things like this is they try and convince us of something we KNOW isn't true. I hope I'm mis-interpreting that I really do, if they are really trying to convince us that those are Michael's movements and dance moves then it will be over for me, after 'Michael' I promised to give them one last chance and I hope they don't ruin it.

I like the part after Michael was done he sat back in the chair to cool.
I liked that part, too. And I love the cool caterpillar-like movements of the girl we see there at the beginning (and end) holding on to the arm of the throne. So...um...is she his plaything? hahaha. Well...he's the king...

I thought the set design and production were very interesting to look at and watch. The Michael-they-used aside, since I am a fan of art, I found several things I really enjoyed about this.

Last edited:
Good Morning America &#8207;@GMA
"It's Michael magic--let's just leave it at that!" - @RobinRoberts on Michael Jackson's virtual performance: http://abcn.ws/1n8Zb6j

Diddy &#8207;@iamdiddy 17 h
Long live the KING!!! http://bit.ly/S8zwgc #MJ #TheGREATEST

&#8207;@TheDancingMoon May 19th Love the way Mike goes back to his throne at the end, and gives that "you thought I was gone?" look. He he he

MJJJusticeProject @MJJJusticePrjct · 4 h.
BAM --> and let's keep it this way … #MJXSCAPE #MJFam
BoAmOF9CIAEk-B_.png:large

They can get right lost with that, are they trying to insult our intelligence or what!? It's Michael all over again trying to convince us of Michael's vocals being legit.

The worst thing about things like this is they try and convince us of something we KNOW isn't true. I hope I'm mis-interpreting that I really do, if they are really trying to convince us that those are Michael's movements and dance moves then it will be over for me, after 'Michael' I promised to give them one last chance and I hope they don't ruin it.

Like people are saying and rightly so, this was not for us as such, even though most of us were the ones feeling the emotion from it :( It was for promotion.

Thing is, they tested already, on the general public at "One" so this was kinda like shooting fish in a barrel, it was a win, win. it was promoting Michael........with Michael........but not like Michael xD

Like people are saying and rightly so, this was not for us as such, even though most of us were the ones feeling the emotion from it :( It was for promotion.

Thing is, they tested already, on the general public at "One" so this was kinda like shooting fish in a barrel, it was a win, win. it was promoting Michael........with Michael........but not like Michael xD

The whole thing would be nowhere near as bad if they weren't trying to convince us there was no impersonator involved, the reason the whole Cascio tracks thing bothered me even more was because they were telling us it was Michael when we knew it wasn't. It was insulting to our intelligence and it will be the same thing if they carry on like this. I would dare to say I know Michael's dance moves and movements even better than his vocals so I may take this even more personally.

I just hope I'm wrong about it.

The whole thing would be nowhere near as bad if they weren't trying to convince us there was no impersonator involved, the reason the whole Cascio tracks thing bothered me even more was because they were telling us it was Michael when we knew it wasn't. It was insulting to our intelligence and it will be the same thing if they carry on like this. I would dare to say I know Michael's dance moves and movements even better than his vocals so I may take this even more personally.

I just hope I'm wrong about it.

Mate, I am the same, been watching MJ since I just got out of nappies..........last week, Nah, for 26 years now. Some fans study him so much, and like I said the closest they will ever get, is by matching his movements up to a CGI body, it wont be perfect but the closest we will have short of them producing some usable film :(

my main problem is they put his name out there call it michael jackson something not like hes really there a michael jackson simulation etc SOMETHING

For me this is like MJ Experience video game, nothing special and nothing to worry about. We all know that Michael is not here to perform so is it impersonator or a video game character.. it's not that important to me - because it still isn't Michael.

But when they faked his vocals.. that is something else. Because Michael recorded real music and that music should be released. Why fake it when they have real and better music.

"The best you've never seen from Michael Jackson" is a bit misleading. We'll never see Michael again.

No wonder a lot of people think he's still alive.

[h=1]Ratings: Michael Jackson Hologram Lures Most ‘Billboard Music Awards’ Viewers in 13 Years[/h]

ABC telecast nabs 10.5 million viewers

Michael Jackson's hologram helped Sunday's “2014 Billboard Music Awards” earn a trophy of its own: the most viewers in 13 years. It also tied an 11-year high in the key demographic ratings.
Season finale-heavy CBS came in second place.
See video: Michael Jackson Hologram Moonwalks Its Way to a Standing O at Billboard Music Awards
ABC was first in ratings with a 3.0 rating/9 share in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic and first in viewers with an average of 9.5 million, according to preliminary numbers. “America's Funniest Home Videos” at 7 p.m. had a 1.6/6 and 6.6 million viewers. The “Billboard Music Awards” followed at 8, earning night-highs 3.5/10 and 10.5 million viewers.
CBS was second in ratings with a 1.4/4 and in viewers with 9.2 million. At 7, “60 Minutes” had a 1.3/5 and 9.8 million viewers. “The Amazing Race” season finale at 8 got a 1.7/5 and 8.2 million viewers. “The Good Wife” season finale at 9 received a 1.2/3 and 9 million viewers. “The Mentalist” season finale at 10 got a 1.5/4 — up 25 percent from last week — and 9.7 million viewers. Each finale was down double-digits from last season's finale.
Also read: Upfronts: How the Networks Spun Their Ratings
Fox was third in ratings with a 1.3/4 and in viewers with 3 million. “Bob's Burgers” at 7 had a 0.9/4 and 2 million viewers. “American Dad” at 7:30 got a 1.2/4 and 2.4 million viewers. “The Simpsons” at 8 received a 1.6/5 and 3.3 million viewers. “Family Guy” at 8:30 earned a 2.0/6 and 3.8 million viewers. “Cosmos” at 9 had a 1.1/3 and 3.3 million viewers.
Univision was fourth in ratings with a 0.9/3 and in viewers with 2.4 million.
NBC was fifth in ratings with a 0.6/2 and in total viewers with 2.1 million. The “Coldplay: Ghost Stories” special at 7 got a 0.4/2 and 1.7 million viewers. “American Dream Builders” at 8 had a 0.4/1 and 1.8 million viewers. A rerun followed.
Telemundo was sixth in ratings with a 0.5/2 and in total viewers with 1.3 million.

http://www.thewrap.com/billboard-music-awards-michael-jackson-abc-tv-ratings/

I have watched it a few times now and actually love it , for a moment it was MJ there are so many people and fans moaning (as usual) saying its an impersonator....its obviously cgi built from MJ and tried to make it like he was here ( why have an 1990 MJ in 2014?) and for me it felt like that which i loved. The technology is awesome and thumbs up all the way from me. I especially enjoy how they have cut it from the other recordings of the song and ad libs , MJ recorded this over 20 times in the studio and gave it a new feel. It will never be the same because MJ isn't here anymore for a moment i felt the magic again....to me that's all i want and to know the magic is strong and keep him alive in everybody.

people are thinking too much into this, i'm just going to enjoy it for what it is.. i can assure you, if it was for a song that appeared on one of Michael's tours.. it would have looked extremely lifelike. Goodbye.

ShipOfFools;4009583 said:
"The best you've never seen from Michael Jackson" is a bit misleading. We'll never see Michael again.

No wonder a lot of people think he's still alive.

People think he's still alive because they chose to believe in it but not because of fine promotion !
There&#8217;s no one to blame but those people themselves, if anyone to blame at all.

Because Slave To The Rhythm is from that time period (1989-1991). It makes perfect sense.

Dunno, I would have liked a this is it MJ. Might of added to the realisim a tiny bit more and this whole album is about "contemporizing" and the closest to contempory we have is This Is It MJ. Mmmmm maybe that might have been tougher to watch tho :/

Michael is on top of the world again while his mother is selling water bottles in a super market , credit to Jermaine JunksUn , and the Jacksons have the nerve to complain.

he got word from the Estate that this would be comprised of unseen footage.

Actually he never said he got word from the Estate. He said "he learned" but he didn't give any source for it. It could have been anyone. Actually if you read his article, you'll realize that Robin wasn't even at the preview. He reported based on the DJs/media attended there. So his sources were mainly hearsay. I don't think he claimed any direct connection or information from Estate.

If I'm totally honest after watching it loads of times, I thought it was good. Of course it could have been better (better graphics, MJ archive footage) but the horrible reality is Michael isn't here, and we're never going to get a utterly perfect project like we would if MJ was here, and the Estate have pushed the boat out on this project, I appreciate the effort, but I do wish it would have been better, but if there is a next time it will be much more perfected.

ivy;4009608 said:
Actually he never said he got word from the Estate. He said "he learned" but he didn't give any source for it. It could have been anyone. Actually if you read his article, you'll realize that Robin wasn't even at the preview. He reported based on the DJs/media attended there. So his sources were mainly hearsay. I don't think he claimed any direct connection or information from Estate.
From the article he wrote on May 17
I learned that Michael&#8217;s estate trustees came across undiscovered L.A. Reid recorded footage of Michael that they didn&#8217;t know existed. The lawsuit says the music will be a new song, &#8220;Slave to the Rhythm.&#8221;

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdel...ard-awards-preview-michael-jackson-imagery-i/

Dunno, I would have liked a this is it MJ. Might of added to the realisim a tiny bit more and this whole album is about "contemporizing" and the closest to contempory we have is This Is It MJ. Mmmmm maybe that might have been tougher to watch tho :/

In his last weeks he looked a lot like the Dangerous era with the curls being back. I remember people making comparisons with Dangerous era pics.

I tried embedding 2 different polls, first one after clicking vote or view sent me to a MJJC page asking for some token thing, 2nd one didn't format right. I got annoyed with it. If anyone can embed one in a new thread would be cool

for choices maybe

Great Concept, Great Execution
Great Concept, Poor Execution
Poor Concept, Great Execution
Poor Concept, Poor Execution

or something to that effect? because alot of us think its a great idea just done badly, alot of us think its all good, some just hated the whole idea.

Thanks! However, I would suggest one additional category

Great Concept, Decent Execution

kristinaz;4009611 said:
From the article he wrote on May 17
I learned that Michael’s estate trustees came across undiscovered L.A. Reid recorded footage of Michael that they didn’t know existed. The lawsuit says the music will be a new song, “Slave to the Rhythm.”

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdel...ard-awards-preview-michael-jackson-imagery-i/

Yes that's what I'm talking about. He says he learned the Executives came across new footage. He NEVER states who he learned it from.. It could be Billboard production company, it could be one of the DJs/Media in attendance. That's my point.

Big question if it would have looked more like Michael, but been a impersonator would everyone be more happy ?

Big question if it would have looked more like Michael, but been a impersonator would everyone be more happy ?

It isn't that simple for me. I feel uncomfortable at the thought that his image is being manipulated. I have less problems with using video footage, audio footage of Michael and show it to the public. But making him move and walk and sing just feels awkward and disrespectful. He never danced to STTR. He never explained how he would do it and what moves he would do. And yet here 'he' is, dancing to it anyway. You have to at least *somehow* see how that bothers some people, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back