Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Michael Jackson to Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Well we know now that Bieber won't be involved. This could be a historical peformance, definitely something that'll gain album promotion just in a cheap and unethical way for me.

how is hologram and cheap, worthy of being in the same sentence for you? the estate have created this presentation out of love... it costs a LOT to make this kinda thing.. to me, it's perfect promotion for the new album. Can't fault it.

Re: Michael Jackson to Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

A hologram's sole purpose is to present in this case a dead guy as doing a live performance. So yes, that is pretending he's alive by projecting a 3D thing on stage as if he's there. It's not just an on screen video. Big money but so what? The King deserves NOTHING less.

The technology is there from what I'm told to create MJ singing new songs. Very expensive but it can be done. Whether or not they are it is still the question.

You better believe Michael would have entertained the idea of bringing back one of the people he looks up to, or a special performance... Top of that he was a fan of cutting edge tech.. Michael I believe would like this... As long as it is use for positive promotion for his image...

:sigh: actually the fact that he's gone is the only thing making the possible performance of this hologram so disrespectful, if he was here it'll be totally different but NOT disrespectful... I assume. So, why is using/airing his short films or his concerts any different? many of us do it 24/7 but we're not accused of clinging to a fantasy. As someone mentioned here, it is absolutely clear that this is not implying they (we) want to bring him back to life... is it just because this holographic figure of his body and likeness will be showing off his signatures moves onstage, 'singing', etc? no one is pretending to see this as a HUMAN.. what? is that what makes it SOO wrong and disrespectful? the possibility of people having such thoughts? because I'm certain we're all well aware of what a hologram is. I just really can't understand how some can link a hologram (which in my opinion is no different to having a screen showing his videos onstage, a lot like the LNFSG premiere OR the Janet performance where they danced 'along' to the scream choreo...) to lack of ethics or morals.. it's just.. :worried:

Ralphie Aversa @ralphieaversa · 2h

Here's all I can say: The Michael Jackson experience that you witness Sunday night will blow your mind. @OfficialBBMAs #BBMAs

Liz Hernandez &#8207;@LizHernandez <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 2h</small>
Hangin' out at 2014 Billboard Awards rehearsals. About to watch the virtual Michael Jackson perform.
1f633.png
1f3a5.png
pic.twitter.com/oLcTIQCnNI

:sigh: actually the fact that he's gone is the only thing making the possible performance of this hologram so disrespectful, if he was here it'll be totally different but NOT disrespectful... I assume. So, why is using/airing his short films or his concerts any different? many of us do it 24/7 but we're not accused of clinging to a fantasy. As someone mentioned here, it is absolutely clear that this is not implying they (we) want to bring him back to life... is it just because this holographic figure of his body and likeness will be showing off his signatures moves onstage, 'singing', etc? no one is pretending to see this as a HUMAN.. what? is that what makes it SOO wrong and disrespectful? the possibility of people having such thoughts? because I'm certain we're all well aware of what a hologram is. I just really can't understand how some can link a hologram (which in my opinion is no different to having a screen showing his videos onstage, a lot like the LNFSG premiere OR the Janet performance where they danced 'along' to the scream choreo...) to lack of ethics or morals.. it's just.. :worried:

Listen. You're clearly in great favour of this and have missed my point completely so I'll just leave it. It's nothing like premiering a video as that isn't a cut out 3D projection made to look like a real person is stood on stage.

I'm certain if virtual MJ is performing, it is going to blow my mind :D

Can somebody please post links where people outside of US can watch the awards?

more from twitter

RETWEETED BY IVY
@VioletAfro · 57m

Information about the MJ special at the @Billboard awards, Sunday May 18th. pic.twitter.com/znsUPUANVB

Ludacris will host the Billboard Music Awards 2014, which airs live from Las Vegas May 18 at 8pm ET on ABC. A live-stream of the two-hour pre-show will be available on Yahoo, billboardmusicawards.com and billboard.com starting at 6pm ET.

Last edited:
Will there be a livestream of this somewhere on the net? I so want to watch it live, but different time zones mean I'll be at work or at least on my way when it's shown. Pretty please? :(

If only i could get tickets to this show, seeing it live would mean the world to me.... i hope someone will provide a crystal clear live stream and there will later be full 1080p hd recording's available for download.

Listen. You're clearly in great favour of this and have missed my point completely so I'll just leave it. It's nothing like premiering a video as that isn't a cut out 3D projection made to look like a real person is stood on stage.

Of course I am, because there's so many more awful things in the world I consider unethical or offensive, to be trippin' about how a 'cut out 3D projection' might supposedly be one of them. It's not a person, we KNOW. Of course givin' that feel is part of its purpose, but I don't think you understand people see this as merely any other exciting special effect, taken one step further. Michael himself was about that and I can almost assure he would've included one in his shows if he had been given the idea.

If this is the idea that they are going with, I don't see anything wrong either I believe Michael would have embraced this kind of creativity wholeheartedly :thinking: As we all know, he loved art. He was a great lover of art and all innovation. It's hi Tec and it is now. It is possibly the future of big entertainment/art in general. I too, see this possible idea as great art and mark of respect. And as another member mentioned in another thread, Its all we have now. :(

Sims are little different as not so life like .Anime too, But you get the picture
young-michael-jackson-2.jpg

MTS2_Vera_Marina_950369_snapshot_37524a82_d758282d.jpg

MTS2_Aligeth_1067334_MJDirtyDiana01.jpg

michael_jackson_vs_dirty_diana_by_reecehoward-d35apij.jpg

:shrug:

Last edited:
^:lol: Well spotted Annita
It look like most of us are too excited for this! I cant even quote Blue sky at te moment after reading that haha but thank you for postin!

A very exciting promise of things to come here. It sounds really exciting:

The Michael Jackson surprise, developed through his estate and timed to this week’s release of a new album, “Xscape,” is something that has “never, ever been done before at any time on any level,” promises producer Larry Klein of Dick Clark Productions.

Klein was sworn to secrecy on technical details. But he says it will go beyond a visual effect in Cirque du Soleil’s “Michael Jackson One” that represents one way — perhaps not the only way — of bringing the Gloved One back to a stage. “It’s one of the most mind-boggling things you’ve ever seen,” he promises.

Sunday’s three-hour ABC broadcast from the MGM Grand Garden is the fourth year the Billboard awards have been back, and back in Las Vegas. The broadcast starts at 5 p.m. for the live audience but will be shown on a delay at 8 p.m. on KTNV-TV, Channel 13

http://www.reviewjournal.com/entert...omises-world-rocking-michael-jackson-surprise

Larry Klein :woohoo:
Tank you GreenEyes :huggy:

Larry Klein :woohoo:
Tank you GreenEyes :huggy:

It sounds exciting, doesn't it? :)

All I know is that Michael loved magic and new technology. And what better way to show the world that Michael Jackson is still the King of music, than to represent him in this format. I'm excited and I think that Michael would approve.:yes:

It does not make sense to me that people would find it offensive or disrespectful to use a hologram of Michael after his passing but turn around and support music that is released post 2009 and get mad at will.i.am odor not releasing material because he believes it's disrespectful considering MJs perfectionist nature...

the MJ that I knew him to be, if he knew of the hologram technology the way it can be would have recorded footage specifically for it to showcase after he would be gone... He loved magic, blowing people's mind..

And my my personal feelings towards this is that it would bring MJ so much good attention that would brim xscape that attention. = sales ...

It does not make sense to me that people would find it offensive or disrespectful to use a hologram of Michael after his passing but turn around and support music that is released post 2009 and get mad at will.i.am odor not releasing material because he believes it's disrespectful considering MJs perfectionist nature...

the MJ that I knew him to be, if he knew of the hologram technology the way it can be would have recorded footage specifically for it to showcase after he would be gone... He loved magic, blowing people's mind..

And my my personal feelings towards this is that it would bring MJ so much good attention that would brim xscape that attention. = sales ...

Yes, he loved a good show, magic and escapism. We can feel good about this and the good promotion it brings him.

I'm still dead against this idea, for many reasons I cba to keep repeating. But a few posts here got me thinking. What if Michael was still alive with this tech? Imagine his shows with one, say like Speed Demon live with a Spike hologram dancing with Michael! How ****ing amazing would that have been? Could have used it for Thriller too, at least at one point. Have a hologram Michael come on with a girl and change into the warecat, then at some point a quick switch with the real man. Yeah, I do see why some are saying Michael would have dug this, could he would. BUT, he is no longer here. Its about respect!! There are a 100 better ways to do this whilst still maintaining decency and respect for the artists. Animating him to do something he may NEVER ahve done just beggars belief.

Billboard said they are sworn to secrecy regarding the event, and i don't blame them. If it's what i think it will be, then it'll be HUGE. Looking forward to seeing how it's presented.

Yes i agree the whole cd is awesome i love it. I played the cd begin at 4:00pm yesterday and i look up and it was 10:00pm.that night. Xscape is a cd that you can't just listen to it will make you get up and dance.

DON'T POST TMZ LINKS. HERE IS THE TEXT:

Michael Jackson Hologram
Lawsuit Threatens Billboard Music Awards Performance

A hologram performance by Michael Jackson -- the main event at Sunday's Billboard Music Awards -- could be put to sleep before it even hits the stage ... thanks to a last-minute lawsuit.

Alki David -- who says he controls the rights to the hologram technology -- filed suit late Thursday against the Michael Jackson Estate, MJ's production company and Dick Clark Productions ... to stop them from showing a hologram of Michael using David's technology.

According to the suit -- obtained by TMZ -- a life-size, projected 3D image of Michael will showcase a never-before-released Jackson song, "Slave to the Rhythm."

The MJ spectacle is similar to the Tupac Shakur hologram at the 2012 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival ... which David claims was based on the same technology.

David says if Billboard goes ahead with the Jackson performance Sunday ... it will destroy his plans for a similar, high-profile holographic MJ performance. He wants a judge to stop it ... STAT.

Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the MJ Estate, tells TMZ, "This is another Alki David stunt, no different than his claiming that Brandon Howard was Michael Jackson's son. It is ludicrous ... and the show goes on."

If the Estate is going to make this a big night in history their need to have a hologram of MJ no impersonator like it was mention in one of the comment in this thread there is so much footage out there on Michael that this can happen. For just one night bring back the KIng Of Pop let us feel the magic one more time make this a night that will be apart of history.

DON'T POST TMZ LINKS. HERE IS THE TEXT:

Michael Jackson Hologram
Lawsuit Threatens Billboard Music Awards Performance

A hologram performance by Michael Jackson -- the main event at Sunday's Billboard Music Awards -- could be put to sleep before it even hits the stage ... thanks to a last-minute lawsuit.

Alki David -- who says he controls the rights to the hologram technology -- filed suit late Thursday against the Michael Jackson Estate, MJ's production company and Dick Clark Productions ... to stop them from showing a hologram of Michael using David's technology.

According to the suit -- obtained by TMZ -- a life-size, projected 3D image of Michael will showcase a never-before-released Jackson song, "Slave to the Rhythm."

The MJ spectacle is similar to the Tupac Shakur hologram at the 2012 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival ... which David claims was based on the same technology.

David says if Billboard goes ahead with the Jackson performance Sunday ... it will destroy his plans for a similar, high-profile holographic MJ performance. He wants a judge to stop it ... STAT.

Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the MJ Estate, tells TMZ, "This is another Alki David stunt, no different than his claiming that Brandon Howard was Michael Jackson's son. It is ludicrous ... and the show goes on."

Oh no! I hope it doesn't get cancelled. So disappointing. :(

I imagine that the Estate would be expecting this suit, after AD sued Cirque regarding the use of the same technology. He seems to think that he has world wide rights to it. It will be interesting to see how this will be sorted out. Perhaps the Billboard event is using different technology...perhaps more computer-based?

I really hope that the new effect does indeed make the 'AD' style of hologram 'look like an 80's videogame', as I have seen quoted. it would be great if the new technology blows AD's version right out of the water, so to speak.

(The AD vs Cirque suit thread is here:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ures-Billionaire-s-Patent-Lawsuit-(Exclusive)

Last edited:

I imagine that the Estate would be expecting this suit, after AD sued Cirque regarding the use of the same technology. He seems to think that he has world wide rights to it. It will be interesting to see how this will be sorted out. Perhaps the Billboard event is using different technology...perhaps more computer-based?

I really hope that the new effect does indeed make the 'AD' style of hologram 'look like an 80's videogame', as I have seen quoted. it would be great if the new technology blows AD's version right out of the water, so to speak.

(The AD vs Cirque suit thread is here:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ures-Billionaire-s-Patent-Lawsuit-(Exclusive)

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a lawsuit involving the Cirque hologram technology. The hologram is still in the show right? If so, he won't prevail in removing the Billboard event either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back