Michael Jackson was your Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least we know for sure that Michael Jackson really existed..
He's was/is the closest to a "Jesus-like" figure I'll ever see, so I'm thinking; why not worship him accordingly?!

Worship Jackson? Please, so unreasonable. Mahatma Gandhi existed, worship him instead. There were/are many great human beings, worship them.

I think Michael was more of an Archangel than anything. I certainly do not believe he was Jesus but I think he was definitely Christ like and had a greater calling on his life than most people realize. I really do believe he was an angel of music. Wasn't it the archangel Michael that kicked the devil out of heaven? Anyway, Michael's dad's name was Joseph so they may be on to something. haha

In all seriousness, I really do believe that Michael was an angel and I am so glad to have witnessed the greatness of his life, music and dance.

I don't have any religion, but Michael's sufferings do remind me of Jesus. Michael was so special, he didn't fit into any molds set by society. As Liz said," He is not really of this planet. if he is eccentric it's because he is larger than life." I never compare Michael to anyone because he is just so unique. There are many great humanitarians, and Michael certainly was one of them, but his sensitivities, compassion, generosity, and innocence... made him become the special one. He was L.O.V.E.

Worship Jackson? Please, so unreasonable. Mahatma Gandhi existed, worship him instead. There were/are many great human beings, worship them.

Unreasonable why? How is Mahatma Ghandi any more worship-able then Jackson? They both fought for what they believed in, both influenced the world in a loving, peaceful way. Both were visionaries and believers in a better possiblility for the world. Sure there are many great people in the world and many people to look up to and feel inspired by. Who someone chooses to 'worship' is entirely an individual choice. In my opinion, you don't consciously decide to worship anyone, and worship that is forced or done out of a principle / cultural belief is not worship at all, it's lip - service. If Michael is someone's 'Jesus', then that is only because Jesus is the idol that represents the highest representation of the divine in human form (in many parts of the world). It doesn't mean MICHAEL = JESUS. It's just that the way we feel about Michael, is beyond anything human. My answer to the question is that Michael is my experience of divinity in motion, and I love him and have faith in him more than any other human, whether fictional, cultural or mythlogical. Michael is divinity incarnated, I will forever worship his essence. What people think of that; I care not. :cheeky:

I am not a religious person.
But I do have faith. In Michael and everything he represents.
There is no one better to worship and follow.

Gifted? Yes.

Jesus? No.

He was a special soul, but he was not someone to be worship. I believe he had a calling from GOD, to reach massive people in the world with his message.

I'm not a religious person and I don't believe Jesus was anything more than a regular man with a message, just like Michael. I think they both have similarities but they were two different people. Michael was Michael and Jesus was Jesus. I think they both were sent here because they had a special mission. They both were truly special people and I believe both were earth angels. I don't worship Michael or Jesus as a "god" because I don't believe in such a thing as "God." One creator/source, yes, but not a god. Anyhow, I do think he came here with something to teach the world just as Jesus did.

Both are extremely influential, they touched millions, healed others, spread the love, stood by what they believed in, were treated very unfairly, etc.

"My mission is healing. Pure and simple."
"But I will never stop helping and loving people the way Jesus said to."
"I'm trying to imitate Jesus in the fact that he said to be like children, to love children, to be as pure as children........."
"I'm just the source through which it comes. I can't take credit for it because it's God's work. He's just using me as the messenger."

Michael believed in Jesus and seemed to want to be a Christ-like figure. He loved as Jesus did and wanted to follow his example. He wasn't Jesus. There was only one Jesus just as there is only one Michael Jackson. As he said himself, Michael was only a messenger.

Why must we always make our brilliant minds more than they are? It's counter-productively demeaning to them.

Michael was Michael. Gandhi was Gandhi. And, Jesus - the real man; not the mythical character described in scripture - was Jesus.

Michael is Michael. Jesus is Jesus. Totally believe that. However, consider the wording... (haven't listened to the audio files, so just going on the title of the thread for now)... "MJ was your Jesus", seemingly implying not the Jesus. So if you take that to mean a Christ-LIKE figure that touched your heart and soul and inspired you on a spiritual path and/or to help those in need, well, then it's not so 'creepy-religious' anymore. Will try to listen to the audio files posted soon.

P.S. Edit: Oh, well these vids are about Aqualeo, lol. Didn't know! Anyway, the originals: Aqualeo's 'MJ Was Your Jesus' vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m0FjM3W3ck and his song with the same title http://www.fandrrecords.com/cms/index.php (track 16 in the playlist). And the documentary trailer: http://www.fandrrecords.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=73

Last edited:
Anybody could strive to be Christlike. That is neither blasphemic, nor particularly "new", nor "demeaning." Since when is it considered an insult to strive to imitate Jesus Christ?

There's also such a "neat thing" as Christ Consciousness, maybe that'll help some with these guilt feelings whenever Jesus Christ comes up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_consciousness

All you have to do is LISTEN to Michael Jackson himself when he spoke about spirituality, religion and what he saw as his part.

I believe that all art has as its ultimate goal the union between the material and the spiritual, the human and the divine. And I believe that that is the very reason for the existence of art and what I do.
The Divine Union MJ spoke about is nothing but Christ Consciousness.

Here's something Michael Bearden has said on his fanpage on Facebook:
Did MJ think he was God? NO! but he did except his mission on the planet as an archangel of sorts..one who was responsible for the ascension of the soul through the physical body to help shine light on what man must one day realize..God is love,love is real God is within us! He used his power of music to convey this message..Music is the most powerful language available to us on the planet...
As as the word "ascension" came up, it's pretty clear.

Especially when you read the This Is It announcement:
"It is now i see and feel that calling once again, to be part of a music that will not just connect but, make all feel one, one in joy, one in pain, one in love, one in service and in consciousness."

The return to Oneness by the way used to be a concept in Christianity as well- Christian Mysticism- before it got "erased".

The return to Oneness, to the source or whatever your verbal preference not just reserved for Jesus Christ, open to all, nothing blasphemic about that either.

What did people think "Lightman" was all about? You can't say "Light" any louder than that.

I got no problem to acknowledge that Michael Jackson is more than just a mortal human. There are obviously countless people that feel that way. I have no problem to say I follow Michael Jackson. It doesn't make me a freak, unreasonable or nuts. :cheeky: Nor does it make me love Jesus Christ any less, it's not a competition by the way.
I simply follow my instinct here free of any reflexive guilt. Couldn't care less if other people have an issue with that.

Quick, people, discipleship seats are up for grabs, auditions are starting. :D I just wished people wouldn't make that another topic to call others names.

Last edited:
I don't remember any Bible passages where Jesus grabbed His crotch, so for that reason I have to say no.

hell no michael nor was any other mortal man a god to me. i am a christian and so for me,there is only jesus. mike was just a man and while i believe he was a great man,he was still just a man. i love mike but that doesnt mean i ignore or overlook his flaws,that just proves how human he was.

Michael believed in Jesus and seemed to want to be a Christ-like figure. He loved as Jesus did and wanted to follow his example. He wasn't Jesus. There was only one Jesus just as there is only one Michael Jackson. As he said himself, Michael was only a messenger.
Yes, a messenger. I completely feel that.

Oh you Hippie. :D:punk:
Ah crap, you got me. :doh:

I don't remember any Bible passages where Jesus grabbed His crotch, so for that reason I have to say no.
He was male, so errr :cheeky:. Maybe if he would've done it often as a stylish dance move while shouting "ow!" or "hoo!" then it would've made it into the good book. Would've been kind of weird, granted, but an amusing anecdote nonetheless:giggle:

*In case someone doesn't get it, I meant that if you're male you're gonna have to do daily stuff like bathe, go potty, etc, etc. So in the end you'll be 'grabbing' your crotch, albeit in a more subtle way than in the Bad short film (well, usually, I hope). LOL

Last edited:
He wanted to follow the teachings of Jesus and be "Christ-like." Anyone could do that. He said he wasn't trying to be Jesus or God, just follow by their example. I don't think "worship" is quite the right word for it. I try to follow his philosophy and life style. I think everyone should because if they did, the world would be a much better place. So yes, that's why I think of it as more of a philosophical practice rather than a religious one.

I'm also pretty sure that any male grabbed his crotch both BC and AD, maybe not as part of an artistic expression when bliss and ecstasy took over as Michael often wrote about ('you shall be a slave to the rhythm')- wether the bible mentions mentioned Jesus scratching himself or not, he probably did once or twice.

Last edited:
I am going to keep this thread closed as the Subject can be very offensive to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back