Michael Jackson Week On The X Factor Saturday 18th October (UK)

Jack0 is an effectionate name, its a nice friends abreviation for Jackson....its only when the "W" word is used before it that I think people are right to be annoyed.... I am a huge Michael fan and i refer to him as "Jack0" all the time....they showed alot of love for MJ on the xfactor last night

Jack0 is an effectionate name, its a nice friends abreviation for Jackson....its only when the "W" word is used before it that I think people are right to be annoyed.... I am a huge Michael fan and i refer to him as "Jack0" all the time....they showed alot of love for MJ on the xfactor last night
that is the truth. all famous people with the name jackson are called jack0. michael isn;t the only one.

Does anyone know where I can watch the show in full? On Utube there're only the performances. Latest update on Itunes:
[67] 61| Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror (Performed by Diana)
[70] 66| Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror (Performed by Diana)
[81] 79| Michael Jackson - Ben (Performed by Eoghan)
[92] 92| Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (Performed by Austin)
[98] 97| Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana (Performed by Rachel)

I dislike the name Jack0 because Michael himself have said that he dosen't like it. MJ have said ''I'm not a Jack0, i'm Jackson'' and IMO people should stop calling him that name and respect his feelings.

look on the xfactor website they said they would put some/all of the show online

All the performances I've seen was bad.

Actually I didn't see just one who performed the song good!

But it must be good for MJ sales anyway musn't it?

Thanks for the link. LOL, I clicked on it thinking "Is it safe?" :-S

And it wasn't 2Bad actually, best one I've heard out of this weekend's show and the only one that I listened to right through. Then I noticed the word "SAFE" at the end of the title LOL!!!

:lol:

I didn't even see that!

Ooh it's totally amazing! On mid-week chart in UK, KOP is back to top 10 and Man In The Mirror back to top 40. Fantastic :D! (Thanks to MJDangerous @ Ukmix board).

Ooh it's totally amazing! On mid-week chart in UK, KOP is back to top 10 and Man In The Mirror back to top 40. Fantastic :D! (Thanks to MJDangerous @ Ukmix board).

Fantastic! Great news.

that is the truth. all famous people with the name jackson are called jack0. michael isn;t the only one.
Well we've already been through this michael has already voiced his dislike for that name and the media decided to use it to insult him so he ain't ever changing his mind about it. He's already told the media in general to stop calling him that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7682478.stm

Page last updated at 17:18 GMT, Tuesday, 21 October 2008 18:18 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
King Of Pop's boost post X Factor

By Georgie Rogers
6 Music news reporter
999999.gif

_45129752_michaeljackson.jpg
Michael Jackson has been releasing his music since 1972

Michael Jackson's King Of Pop has re-entered the top ten of the album chart, from 47, since this week's X Factor.
The TV talent show, which aired on Saturday, featured all of its 11 contestants singing from the star's extensive back catalogue.
Music industry experts claim the hit show has become the biggest music promoter since Top Of The Pops.
Meanwhile AC/DC's Black Ice has stormed the album charts, estimated to outsell Kaiser Chiefs and Leon by two to one.
'Incredible power'
King Of Pop is the Thriller hitmaker's compilation album, released in celebration of his 50th birthday.
Speaking about its boost in sales since last week's midweek figures HMV's spokesman, Genaro Castaldo, told 6 Music: "The X Factor shows have become the biggest way of promoting music in the UK ever since we lost Top Of The Pops. Everyone queues up to get on there.
o.gif
start_quote_rb.gif
It just shows you the enduring appeal of Michael Jackson, reminding you of how brilliant his songs are
end_quote_rb.gif

HMV spokesman, Genaro Castaldo

"Off the back of that his album King Of Pop,which was released some weeks ago and was around number 47 last week, has had a massive boost.
"It was at number 47, but the midweek figures show that it is currently sitting in the top ten.
"It just shows you the enduring appeal of Michael Jackson, reminding you of how brilliant his songs are, but also it tells us all how incredibly powerful the X Factor has become at promoting music in the UK."
However, Castaldo estimated that its position will peter out by the end of the week: "I think potentially the King Of Pop album might fall away a little bit because it's natural that the most interest follows straight after the show.
"I'd be very surprised if it didn't make the top 15 or 20 and now that it's there it might be the case that it'll carry on selling quite well in the next few weeks."
AC/DC's selling fast
Elsewhere in the charts, the Kaiser Chiefs could be knocked off the album top spot this weekend by veteran rockers AC/DC.
Early reports indicated that their new album Black Ice had already sold nearly 25,000 more copies than Kaisers' Off With Their Heads and is available in two formats, the standard edition and a deluxe version.
_45129801_dc.jpg
HMV's spokesman estimates AC/DC to outsell the Kaiser Chiefs by two to one.

"They're by far outselling any of the other releases this week," Castaldo explained. "That includes Kaiser Chiefs in the number two spot and the X Factor's Leon Jackson at number three.
"They'll probably outsell the Kaiser Chiefs and Leon by a margin of two to one, which is quite an achievement, because those artists are high profile.
"It's no surprise really because it's been six years since their last album was released. They've obviously got a huge fan base in the UK and around the rest of the world, so it's a big deal that it's come out and people are responding."
Speaking for the whole of the market, not just HMV, he continued: "We estimate that the band and the album should comfortably go through the 100,000 mark by the end of the week, which will put them up there in the top ten best selling albums of 2008." However, Castaldo claims Black Ice is still far off matching the likes of Coldplay, Kings Of Leon and Oasis' recent album successes. He quoted Coldplay's 300,000 copies of Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends sold in the first week of sales, as a comparison.

I just watched some of the videos

My faves were "the way u make me fee" and girlbands version if "heal the world"
Their version reminded me of the version that monica, and the other girls did @ the concert in madsion garden in 2001.

These people should stop covering MJ songs cuz they are crap at it! they all sucked! I hate the whole X factor show...

completely agree with you. I liked none of the songs they sings. I just can't think any version of MJ's songs that they sang are better than original ones.

I think the "i'll be there" version was the good one out of the whole lot!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo why has Austin been voted out it's so unfair he is definately more talented than some of the others still in the competition.

Back