Michael Jackson Week On The X Factor Saturday 18th October (UK)

When you hear the shit we heard last night it makes you want Michael back more, and Simon is a twat when it comes to michael he always trys to make some shitty comment, but Cheryl put him in his place, she was amazing last night
I loved it when she said that everybody is a Michael jackson fan. We should put that in lights, cause it's true.

Ugh, sickening, really, just sickening. These people have zero style, horrible timing, bad range and bad technique. Not to mention common as dirt quality and horrific phrasing. Every single "performance" had me rolling. And what the hell was that cracked bitch talking about "Heal The World" is a bad song. My ass, whore.

It isn't the song choice that's the problem. If you're a good singer, you SHOULD be able to sing anything. So it's not the songs. It's the singers. They suck and having to sing Michael's music only further exposes how truly much they suck. Ugh.

That one chick screwed "I'll Be There" up bad and that WAS Mariah's version, not Michael's. And it sucked ass anyway. I almost pucked watching those jacked up versions of "Billie Jean" and "ODIYL", "IJCSLY" was incredibly bad, and so was "SOOML", talk about flat and bad timing and phrasing. People don't even know what it means to be a good singer. These people are of the variety who thinks you need to extend every word by nine hundred syllables to show you have a good voice. Ever hear of letting the quality speak for itself? Oh yeah, that's right, they don't have any quality, at least not of the good variety, lol.

And screw Simon with his "One of the good Michael Jackson songs" comment. Ass hole.

Last edited:
danni minogue saying it isn't a great song... now that's the funniest thing i've ever heard.... repeat that again DANNI MINOGUE!!!

actually she called him the king of pop in itv 2 on the xtra factor!!!
and probably the greatest singer ever!!!

i was supprised when i heared that considering she was dissing his songs.

Damn, really? Well, she's still wrong about "HTW". I freakin' adore that song so whenever someone disses it, I wanna tear their head off.

Damn, really? Well, she's still wrong about "HTW". I freakin' adore that song so whenever someone disses it, I wanna tear their head off.
The song was not right for the girls and I don't think it was even right for the competitin at that stage. I think they could have picked better songs, but that just shows how vast MJ's catalogue truly is.:D

Did you hear when the other one said that EVERYBODY was a michael jackson fan?:D

i missed it i was at work gonna watch it 12:10 today

The song was not right for the girls and I don't think it was even right for the competitin at that stage. I think they could have picked better songs, but that just shows how vast MJ's catalogue truly is.:D

Did you hear when the other one said that EVERYBODY was a michael jackson fan?:D

I didn't catch that. Either way, none of those girls in that group can sing. "HTW" is a deceptive song, because it seems like it would be easy to sing, because there aren't any big "power" notes or crazy coloring, basically like all of Michael's songs. They seem like they'd be easy until you try. Michael sings "HTW" high and his styling and timing is perfect. One thing I noticed about ALL of the singers on this show and other shows similar is that they have such bad timing that it's disgusting to listen to them, on top of everything else. That one girl who did "MITM", shoot me. It was really bad. And she was cute and all, but she just butchered that song.

It was really bad. And she was cute and all, but she just butchered that song.

They have tried to style her into a 17 year old female Bob Dylan. Whats the point in doing a Michael Jackson week if you change the arrangement of the songs or change the songs completely. I thought it should have been a challenge for the contestants to sing a Michael Jackson song, not an entirely different version of a Michael Jackson song. Pretty much every song chosen was a ballad, the only people doing something 'unique' (and i use that term loosely) was JLS, since they incorporated some 'dance' into it. But yeah all in all it was terrible to watch.

They have tried to style her into a 17 year old female Bob Dylan. Whats the point in doing a Michael Jackson week if you change the arrangement of the songs or change the songs completely. I thought it should have been a challenge for the contestants to sing a Michael Jackson song, not an entirely different version of a Michael Jackson song. Pretty much every song chosen was a ballad, the only people doing something 'unique' (and i use that term loosely) was JLS, since they incorporated some 'dance' into it. But yeah all in all it was terrible to watch.
the worse one for me was that Mariah carey's version of I'll Be There. i just cannot stand it.:doh:

Yeah, they all changed the arrangements to try and fit their voice. They need to fit their voice to the song if they want to prove they actually have talent as singers. But that wasn't happening. lol, I'd LOVE to see one of them try to sing something like "They Don't Care About Us", lol, can you imagine?! One of the things that makes Michael one of the greatest vocalists ever is his versatility. He can sing anything, from down-tempo to up-tempo, from blues, R&B, pop, rock, standards, classical, and everything in between with as much proficeintcy as the last and as much command. The song shouldn't matter, if you're great, you should be able to sing it. They just aren't great, they aren't even good.

Yeah, they all changed the arrangements to try and fit their voice. They need to fit their voice to the song if they want to prove they actually have talent as singers. But that wasn't happening. lol, I'd LOVE to see one of them try to sing something like "They Don't Care About Us", lol, can you imagine?!

Haha! Yes, my Mum and I were having a great big LOL when we were thinking of Michael songs for them to 'sing'. Smooth Criminal.. Bad.. SCREAM? Haaaaa! It would have been the funniest thing. His voice is so stylized, he can appear to be 'whispering' in a song but it is in fact a very stylized and difficult way to sing, absolutely fantastic.

imagine if they tried to sing dont stop til you get enough

actually dont

Oh man, it would be too much. With the kind of timing and control Michael displays in those types of songs, it would be a train wreck of epic proportions for any of these people to try, haha. Michael applys a sort of staccatto style vocal when he does songs like the ones you mentioned, where he chops off the end of each word and then flows so easily in to the next, like they're all attatched. People don't know how hard that is, until they try. Then they'd know, lol.

I'm with you Datsy. That version of "I'll Be There" was mind numbing. Don't worry Foxy, Mariah couldn't sound that bad even if she tried, lol.

Yeah, they all changed the arrangements to try and fit their voice. They need to fit their voice to the song if they want to prove they actually have talent as singers. But that wasn't happening. lol, I'd LOVE to see one of them try to sing something like "They Don't Care About Us", lol, can you imagine?! One of the things that makes Michael one of the greatest vocalists ever is his versatility. He can sing anything, from down-tempo to up-tempo, from blues, R&B, pop, rock, standards, classical, and everything in between with as much proficeintcy as the last and as much command. The song shouldn't matter, if you're great, you should be able to sing it. They just aren't great, they aren't even good.

totally agree:):):):)

I can't save any of those performances... no matter if the judges blamed the songs, Michael Jackson or the bad shape, the fact is those poeple aren't good enough for MJ songs... and the judges aren't able to rearrange a song in a decent way!
Man in the mirror sounded like a song from the Wizard of Oz.....come on.

Just so stupid.

I haven't seen this weeks X Factor yet, but the idea of 3rd rate talents singing Michael's songs sound vomit inducing. I'm more interested in hearing what Danni Minouge said about Michael, because she is not in a position to speak negatively about Michael, and she has also did a very bad cover of The Jacksons song Show You The Way To Go in the 1990's. Her cover is right up there with the worst ever MJ cover versions.

Who is Simon Collow the critizes Michael, he doesn't know how to promote real talent, he's not a genius like Berry Gordy. Leona Lewis is just Mariah Carey clone (but far more beautiful) and her international success of Bleeding Love is down to music executive legend Clive Davis not Simon Collow.

I always find Simon Collows comments funny like "This show is all about people like you", "Your an international star" etc. The day Simon finds a talent who becames far more famous than him, then he will have found someone with the X Factor. But that day will never come, because only 3rd talents and people with no artitstic direction want to be on the X Factor. No one on this years show deserves success, epecially that idiot who sang a re-arranged (I saw a clip on ITV2) version og Billie Jean who kept crying after he sang a song at the boot camp phase. I can't stand him !

Last edited:
the man in the mirror one was so odd, its like i dunno she was trying to hold out a note and her throat or somin would just give up lol

I had to laugh at Lous welsh one of the judges say about Heal the world being a no 1, and i was thinkin of myself hang on mate correct me if i am wrong but the song was a no 2 not 1.

Back