Michael Jackson's BAD World Tour: Future Blu-Ray Release?

How Would You Like To See The BAD Tour Blu-Ray Conducted?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To get a full show in this quality, OMFG... i'd probably overheat the projector bulb in a week ;)

So you don't want to ever see another Bad concert?

Not fully sure I see the point. I find the Wembley show perfection (aside from lack of TWYMMF).

I waited 25 years to see it again after being there, so I have what I wanted.

It may not be HD, but it has the passion, magic, exhuberance, genius, voice, dance and love that I remembered from that day.

I for one would like to see a montage of the second leg, with rehearsal footage and the 1987 exclusive performances as bonus features.
I am actually ecstatic over what they gave us. But if they are going to plan a Blu-Ray in the future, I'd like what you wrote in your post.

Very surprised that the poll is so close, the Wembley DVD doesn't even look real. It's full of halo's, and it looks like a cartoon... have people seen quality example from the Moonwalker Blu-Ray? full shows are possible, Michael's greatest ever tour should be exposed to future generations in the most enjoyable of displays...

Seeing another concert from Michael is at the very bottom of my requests list.

If you've seen the Wembley DVD you've basically seen the entire second leg of the tour. Generally Michael's performances were calculated to the smallest degree and rarely switched things up in terms of being spontaneous. The only way I can differentiate between performances of "Jam" on the Dangerous tour is the quality of the given video - they all start to run together.

Wembley 1988 is absolutely wonderful as far as I'm concerned. I'm voting for the Wembley DVD option.

I don't see the point in a 1988 montage. Why not just give us an entire 1988 show than spend money piecing together random nights? And I've never much cared for the 1987 leg in terms of song selection and given performances.

The only live projects I actually care for seeing are TWYMMF and Bad on the Dangerous tour, and hopefully a Blu-Ray of Wembley. If those ever happen, I couldn't care less about getting "Aintree 1988" or any other specific concert. I've practically seen them all anyways.

Seeing another concert from Michael is at the very bottom of my requests list.

If you've seen the Wembley DVD you've basically seen the entire second leg of the tour. Generally Michael's performances were calculated to the smallest degree and rarely switched things up in terms of being spontaneous. The only way I can differentiate between performances of "Jam" on the Dangerous tour is the quality of the given video - they all start to run together.

Wembley 1988 is absolutely wonderful as far as I'm concerned. I'm voting for the Wembley DVD option.

I don't see the point in a 1988 montage. Why not just give us an entire 1988 show than spend money piecing together random nights? And I've never much cared for the 1987 leg in terms of song selection and given performances.

The only live projects I actually care for seeing are TWYMMF and Bad on the Dangerous tour, and hopefully a Blu-Ray of Wembley. If those ever happen, I couldn't care less about getting "Aintree 1988" or any other specific concert. I've practically seen them all anyways.

Weird, but i respect your opinion. When (if) Blu-Rays come, they will be what i only watch. I'll never go back to standard def footage.

Not fully sure I see the point. I find the Wembley show perfection (aside from lack of TWYMMF).

It may not be HD, but it has the passion, magic, exhuberance, genius, voice, dance and love that I remembered from that day.
Yes Michael's performance was perfection but it would be even more perfect to see it in HD. Just imagine a full concert in the quality like in Moonwalker Man in the Mirror.

Yes Michael's performance was perfection but it would be even more perfect to see it in HD. Just imagine a full concert in the quality like in Moonwalker Man in the Mirror.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that if I had both Wembley concerts, one in HD and the one released that I wouldn't prefer the HD one, of course I would. I'm just saying that in the meantime I'm very happy with what I have, especially as it came with the CD which is as near as perfect as you could get.

^^ i know right? still shocked at the poll results right now -_- don't know why people enjoy spending there money on the standard quality from 30 years ago :crazy

I would love a great HQ Blu-Ray BAD release.

A box set would be perfect. - The more the better. - Rehearsal footage too ! :)

^^ i know right? still shocked at the poll results right now -_- don't know why people enjoy spending there money on the standard quality from 30 years ago :crazy

It isn't always about video quality - sometimes it's about performance quality.

Wembley is the best show I've ever seen Michael put on. Therefore I won't get too picky about wanting more.

It isn't always about video quality - sometimes it's about performance quality.

Wembley is the best show I've ever seen Michael put on. Therefore I won't get too picky about wanting more.

Of course it's the best show that's been officially released, but it's certainly not the best show from the BAD Tour.. nor is it the best show from the 7 Wembley dates, that would belong to either July 14th or 23rd... the amateur audio/video & snippets prove this fact, Michael was feeling it on those nights.. it's like because he had Patrick & his crew shooting film, he gave extra?

don't know why people enjoy spending there money on the standard quality from 30 years ago :crazy

*their

2ijhmrk.png

lolz, you're pretending you actually knew the right way all of a sudden.
I remember the first time I corrected you on it, you said I was wrong and I should google it. To humor you, i did, and i was right.

I'm not the grammar police at all (as my posts often show it), but I feel you shouldn't go through life using THEIR and THERE incorrectly.

:)

Note, that this September 11th 1987 snippet has been dubbed with album audio

1988 rehearsal clips

I have a queston to those who voted: "I'm Happy With My VHS Quality Wembley DVD". Have you seen how good Blu-Rays look like with your own eyes? For example Moonwalker on Blu-Ray look really amazing. I'm pretty sure some of the people who voted that don't own Blu-Ray player.

Last edited:

THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE THERE

Back to on-topic.

I would love to see a Bluray, but no Wembley since that one is already out as DVD.

I would love to see a Bluray, but no Wembley since that one is already out as DVD.

Their are more Wembley shows than the one that has already been released, but i agree.. would be nice to see some high def footage from other venues & countries

Sure, the wembley DVD was amazing despite it not being in HD but why shouldn't we have another concert from that leg of the tour? I see no logical explanation, really. The point is, a different show, different energy, different singing, different clothes, different set list, different band arrangements, different country. Why should we only be limited to have a single concert from what is arguably his best solo tour? MJ should get the same treatment as other legendary artists. It's not like we are requesting for the moon or a bit of the sun. Just release a couple shows from your archive that consists of 129 concerts from the Bad Tour. Now that would really be a waste, letting all those concerts just collect dust and rott away when there is a viable market from them to put this stuff out which would generate profit,(Collectors Label Hello?)

Me personally being a hardocre fan for over 20 years want to see it all! I emphasize, it all. Concerts, rehearsals, dress rehearsals, making of, everything. I will always embrace the possibility of new unseen material and footage. why not? We get to see more stuff with Michael, things we've never seen before and how can anyone turn that down?

Last edited:
It's already hard to get one concert in BluRay, so imagine for a boxset with multiple stuffs in BluRay too.
I think we deserve it, it would be cool if the Estate do something good this time. But as we all know, Dangerous 25th Anniversary it's the next year + Off The Wall documentary, so even if we try to make a big petition, with thousands and thousands of signs, they'll don't give a damn.

Michael Jackson's BAD World Tour re-defined the age of entertainment artistry in a live concert setting, Michael's moves like a poet peaking the abyss of his soul... gliding across the stage with such energy and accuracy, incomparable to that you see in this age. His voice like pure silk, equal & bettering the album vocals recorded previously. Michael knew how to put on a show, the generation of today & all future generations to come need to experience this in the highest possible definition. It is my hope that the execs will take note of the fans wish, and they will expose it around the world.

Honestly, some of you probably have never seen THIS IS IT/The Wiz or Moonwalker on Blu-Ray :bugeyed

Honestly, some of you probably have never seen THIS IS IT/The Wiz or Moonwalker on Blu-Ray :bugeyed

Some of us haven't even see The Wiz in all honesty :p

Looked at some screenshots though and the quality's solid. Moonwalker is pretty good on Blu-ray too but, at least in the HD segments, This Is It is where it really shines! (and don't get me started on the audio for This Is It - wew! Mindblowing).

I seem to be one of the few who doesn't fawn over high definition. God knows I pick it up whenever I can but it isn't a necessity.

Back