Michael Jackson’s Forgotten Fortune: Secret Art Collection Uncovered & Valued At $900M /Update @pg10

moodyblue97;3437205 said:
Sorry, I missed this totally.

In London when I met him, Thome didn´t leave his side many times. And every single time he wanted Michael´s attention he grabbed his arm. And he grabbed him so hard that he got bruises by it. Sometimes you get bruises easily but this was because of him grabbing so hard. And Michael tried to get out of his grip and when he did he put his hand on his arm as it did hurt and he said "my arm gets blue by that". He seemed stressed (Thome) when people talked to Michael, and he tried to keep people, fans and even friends out of the way by saying he needs to concentrate on the business. Well, there were no buisness going on in the hotel suite after he had visited Oliver play, he just wanted to talk to the ones being there. I got the feeling Thomes were afraid of leaving Michael alone with other people. I can only speculate why.

That just killed me a little inside. This guy needs investigating. What the hell was his problem...? Will we ever get answers.

Michael just leaves me speechless. His talent had no boundaries.

Rhilo;3437219 said:
Moodblue97 - if you don't mind me asking, did you know Michael personally? It looks like you were there with him on several occasions, such as his birthday party at Neverland :)

I don´t walk around saying "I knew Michael Jackson", but since you´re asking. Yes, you can say I knew him personally. I met him through my work with animal rescue. And him being who he is, he invited me to Neverland and he became someone I had contact and met with over the years.

And I don´t mind, just being careful since either you get love about it or hate. On this forum I only got love so far, except at one occasion. :)

moodyblue97;3437663 said:
I don´t walk around saying "I knew Michael Jackson", but since you´re asking. Yes, you can say I knew him personally. I met him through my work with animal rescue. And him being who he is, he invited me to Neverland and he became someone I had contact and met with over the years.

And I don´t mind, just being careful since either you get love about it or hate. On this forum I only got love so far, except at one occasion. :)

You are so lucky...but what you say about Tohme is worrying and upsetting... I hate to think that anyone would be treated like that, least of all MJ. It sounds very unnecessary and intimidating.

Myosotis thank you for that enlightening post about the John Wayne sculpture.

Petrarose;3437804 said:
Myosotis thank you for that enlightening post about the John Wayne sculpture.

Thank you...you are most welcome!

I wish we could see the face of the MJ statue by BLS more clearly (the model on the piano at page 7 in this thread).
There is a story about the BLS 'Lennon' / 'possibly somebody else entirely' statue which is quite funny if true..... (there are pictures in the attachment)

http://www.bagism.com/library/steve-greene.html

In January of 1997, Steve Greene sent me an email message asking if I knew the current location of a bronze statue of John Lennon that he had been the model for. I had never heard of the statue he described, but I was curious in learning more about it and how he ended up as the model. Greene was generous enough to contribute his story and pictures for exclusive use on Bagism. Here then are Greene's own words:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the spring of 1981, I had been living in Los Angeles for three years (originally from New York City). My mother was working for an optometrist in Hollywood, when one day, a woman came in and wanted some wire-framed glasses. It turned out that the woman was the wife of the world-famous Australian sculptor, Brett Livingstone-Strong (good name for a sculptor, eh?), and he needed the glasses for his work-in-progress of a life-size bronze statue of John Lennon.

When me Mum mentioned that she had a son who looked (like) John, it was arranged for me to visit the artist's studio.
After being dumb-founded by the appearance "in person" of his subject, he showed me a clay bust he was working on. It did resemble John quite a bit, but somehow, something was lacking. So anyway, they used calipers to measure every inch and all the nooks and crannies of my face and incorporated the measurements into the work. And voilà!, they had John Lennon.
Several months later, the statue was unveiled by then mayor Tom Bradley at Los Angeles City Hall. In attendance were the sculptor, myself, and all the news media. I was interviewed by all the reporters and 20/20 did a piece on me.

Since then, I have been an occasional professional look-alike, appearing in many shows and charity functions. The mystery now is the whereabouts of the statue? Six-hundred pounds of bronze is difficult to misplace.

Steve Greene
Feb 1997
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Difficult indeed! The statue was unveiled on October 9, 1981 and the original plan was that it would stand at the entrance of Los Angeles City Hall for one year. During that year, the sculptor hoped that someone would buy the statue and then donate it to the City of Los Angeles to be placed on permanent display elsewhere in the city. Strong was obligated to payback the original sponsor of the statue, but after a year and a half at Los Angeles City Hall, there was still no buyer. In order to raise some money, Strong packed up the statue and sent it on a tour of the US. After a brief visit to an art Festival in New York, the statue came back to California and was displayed at the 1983 US festival. After that, it toured Japan in 1984-85 and then Australia in 1986.
In October of 1988, the statue was sold to Rock Legends Pty. Limited of Australia for $1 million US dollars (and to think Strong originally had trouble selling it for a measly $75,000). I do not know if Strong still owned the statue at the time it was sold for $1 million or whether he had sold it earlier. The current whereabouts of the statue are unknown to me, but presumably is still in the possession of Rock Legends. If anyone has more current information regarding this statue, please contact Steve Greene or myself.

It must be really strange to look like someone as famous as John Lennon. People would often think Greene really was Lennon. "They'll be talking to me and then realize the man's dead," he said. One Lennon fan became so unnerved that he began shaking uncontrollably. Because Greene is a big fan of Lennon and the Beatles, he never tries to desecrate Lennon's image. In fact, he feels that he is helping to keep the memory of Lennon alive and well. As if one famous face wasn't enough for one household, Greene used to be roommates with a Barry Manilow look-alike. That's one union I couldn't have imagined taking place between the real participants!

Edit: Just to add a footnote to this story:
Although I have not found any more details about the $1m sale in 1988, the apparent purchaser (Edward Coutts Davidson) (according to internet articles) who appears to be someone who was 'interior designer' to UK and USA celebrities- including Madonna-, and middle-eastern/ ?Thai royalty. Perhaps the Lennon statue was purchased for one of his clients? Whatever the case, ECD appears to have one connection with MJ. In Spring 2009, it was apparently ECD's interior design company (Edward and Co) that was fitting out Foxbury Manor, in Kent, ready for MJ's arrival that summer.

This is from the Australian Sunday Telegraph dated 28 Feb 2010...the only copy I could find online, but the article should expand if clicked.
http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5238
However, following the article from Australia, further internet articles lead to interesting sojourns in Singapore and Shangai..so the story is not to be taken at face value, I think.

Last edited:
myosotis;3438481 said:
In October of 1988, the statue was sold to Rock Legends Pty. Limited of Australia for $1 million US dollars (and to think Strong originally had trouble selling it for a measly $75,000).

If these lifesize statues only cost / worth $75,000 why do they need millions and to sell Michael's art?

Michael Jackson’s talents have been under media scrutiny recently with the discovery of Michael Jackson’s illustrations.
Although, the quality of the images are not too good it gives you an idea of how talented this man really was.
Here is just an example of Michael’s work:
mjillustration01.jpg

mjillustration02.jpg

mjillustration03.jpg

mjillustration04.jpg

mjillustration05.jpg

http://mjstar.co.uk/?p=5040

And to think the media called him a liar who didnt draw the boy in the corner pic from the history booklet cause it was to good compaired to his sketch drawings from the thriller album.

He was a true genius. Wow at those drawings of furniture. They are so detailed. His random sketches remind me of Davinci's ones. I know Michael would love that comparison :)

elusive moonwalker;3439042 said:
And to think the media called him a liar who didnt draw the boy in the corner pic from the history booklet cause it was to good compaired to his sketch drawings from the thriller album.
not just media, some ''fans'' on KOP called him this too. -_-

MsMo;3438954 said:
Michael Jackson’s talents have been under media scrutiny recently with the discovery of Michael Jackson’s illustrations.
Although, the quality of the images are not too good it gives you an idea of how talented this man really was.
mjillustration01.jpg

mjillustration02.jpg

mjillustration03.jpg

mjillustration04.jpg

mjillustration05.jpg

:eek:

Michael was a genius. I'm so proud of him. These drawings are so wonderful and so full of details. :wild: :heart:

Thanks for posting! ;)

The word to use to describe the overall artistry of
Michael Jackson is...."Supernatual".
angel3r.gif

I hope someday some one makes this furniture. :cheeky:
MsMo;3438954 said:

mjillustration01.jpg

mjillustration02.jpg

mjillustration03.jpg

mjillustration04.jpg

mjillustration05.jpg

Last edited:
elusive moonwalker;3439042 said:

If it hadn't been his drawing the artist would have popped up long time ago and told it to the world.

Anyone, who can draw that Martin Luther King, can also draw that boy in the corner.

These drawings amaze me on one hand and on the other they don't. Michael was a true artist in every form. You can see, like with everything, he practised and pratised his drawing.

I just hope the right thing is done with these drawings and that, for me, means they should go to his children. If it continues in this pace there will be nothing left by the time they are 18 and they can finally decided what they want to do with it.

respect77;3439376 said:
If it hadn't been his drawing the artist would have popped up long time ago and told it to the world.

Anyone, who can draw that Martin Luther King, can also draw that boy in the corner.
\
EXACTLY. Sometimes I think that fans who say these negative things are probably very young, because if they were around in the 1970's, they would have seen the drawing Michael made of that slave woman, which he showed on TV at the time. Unfortunately some fans are influenced by the media as well.

Petrarose;3440000 said:
\
EXACTLY. Sometimes I think that fans who say these negative things are probably very young, because if they were around in the 1970's, they would have seen the drawing Michael made of that slave woman, which he showed on TV at the time. Unfortunately some fans are influenced by the media as well.
Trust me those weren't young fans who were saying those fans were grown adults. I'm pretty sure the comments are still visible on that board.

He did a sketch of a dog while I was watching, the dog ran around playing but he manage to capture it anyway. So fans saying things like that amaze me, what kind fans are they?

moodyblue97;3440125 said:
He did a sketch of a dog while I was watching, the dog ran around playing but he manage to capture it anyway. So fans saying things like that amaze me, what kind fans are they?

Did Michael sketch very quickly? I'd have loved to have watched. Lucky you. He always seemed to be very quick and light in all his movements. (It takes me ages to draw anything...more erasing than drawing really).

myosotis;3440412 said:
Did Michael sketch very quickly? I'd have loved to have watched. Lucky you. He always seemed to be very quick and light in all his movements. (It takes me ages to draw anything...more erasing than drawing really).

This one he did rather quick, but I don´t know if he did those with all the details so fast.

looking for a certain sketch that I can't seem to find now by Michael I believe it was of a boy with lines drawn from the eyes that said I think, sound. I'd be happy if someone could post it.

:heart:
souldreamer7

Waw that sketch. What a unique concept, the way the depicts thought with the lines from the eyes. I wish I could frame this and put on my wall!!!! Absolutely wonderful!!!!

^^I wonder if I can copy it, print it out, and have the copy center blow it up 1000 times?

twinklEE View Post
not just media, some ''fans'' on KOP called him this too.

A truer statement never said. The Media has and still does influence our thinking about Micheal and his life, and influences our actions when confronted with negative information on him. It pays to revisit old threads or sites where each has left comments and see how well it holds up now that new information has surfaced. Some Fans meant to show an objective attitude, but end up being disparaging to Micheal.

A perfect example is the fact Michael was an "asset" billionaire. Most of his money was tied up in marketable commodities. Items and property which if appraised correctly and the sale handled honestly would have gained a billion plus. The Media made him out to be a poor businessman, a reckless spender squandering all his money on trinkets & toys which is absolutely false. Many criticized his spending. Why should he not spend it as he pleased it was his, he worked hard for it.

It is because of Michael the MTV Viacom Catalogue is part of the ATV. It was he who fought Sony Execs to except the deal, it was he who paid his share, over 175 million gotten from the last ATV loan to procure it. It is the same Execs who now get credit from the Media for conceiving this profitable deal without mentioning Michel AT ALL.

Was Michael perfect, right all the time...No. But he was someone special the Media turned into the Man who could do nothing right, a hyped caricature.

Last edited:
Back