Michael Jackson's Incredible Achievements.

wow I felt really good coming to this thread today!!
look at what Michael has done! I always knew but reviewing it again is really sth!!:X:X:X:X:X

Yes Michael has done so much in the world but the truth is. When hes gone What he will be remembered for is the negative. people wont remember the good he has done and im just stating a fact here so dont bite me head off.

They will mention the good but in the same breath they will drudge up his negative past that will be what people remember most. The Trials and B hanging from a balcony.

I will remember Michael for so much more then the list of things positive he has done. Some of the things he has done wont be on a positive list for people. He will be remembered for his music in MANY different ways.

I hate to be so honest but Michael is loved and hated all at the same time.

Yes Michael has done so much in the world but the truth is. When hes gone What he will be remembered for is the negative. people wont remember the good he has done and im just stating a fact here so dont bite me head off.

I know you didnt expect to be proven wrong this fast, but people are mostly remembering him for his music :)

They will mention the good but in the same breath they will drudge up his negative past that will be what people remember most. The Trials and B hanging from a balcony.

I will remember Michael for so much more then the list of things positive he has done. Some of the things he has done wont be on a positive list for people. He will be remembered for his music in MANY different ways.

I hate to be so honest but Michael is loved and hated all at the same time.

How weird is it that you just said that two days before his death?

Michael Jackson shall be loved, admired, honoured, appreciated, thanked by all generations for all the OUTSTANDING GOOD HE DID in every field! Amen

So what other records has been broken since his death?

I need a list.

The King, Michael Jackson has an amazing legacy and this thread is dedicated to his mind blowing musical career.

The following is a list of Michael Jackson's incredible achievements, his records and awards. This list does not contain every achievement and award because the King Of Pop has simiply achieved too many! For a better list of his awards and records

vist :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Records_and_achievements_of_Michael_Jackson

or http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/achievements.html

I will be updating this post with more records and i will add all the awards on to the list, so a massive list is coming.

*Youngest vocalist to top the U.S. singles chart (Guinness World Records 2006)

* "Thriller" released in 1982, later became the biggest selling album of all time selling 104 million copies. (Guinness World Records 2006/ SongBMG)

* First black artist on MTV, with the music video for "Billie Jean". (Wikipedia, History Books)

*Michael Jackson won more Grammy awards than anyone in one year. In 1984, he won 8 Grammy awards. (Guinness World Records 2006)

* Largest Ever Endorsement For Product Promotion - $15 million for Pepsi (Wikipedia)

*Guinness Book Of World Records 1993
Lifetime Achievement Award

* "Scream" is the most expensive music video ever made, costing $7,000,000 to make. (Wikipedia)

* In 1996, Michael Jackson released the longest music video. "Ghosts" was 35 minutes long. (Wikipedia)

* Highest paid entertainer of all time. (Guinness World Records 2006)

*Most successful entertainer of all time, selling 750 million units.(Guinness World Records 2006)

*The biggest audience ever was 133.4 million people watching Michael Jackson’s Super Bowl performance on June 31st 1993. (Guinness World Records)

*More awards won than any other artist. (Wikipedia)

* In 1983, Jackson became the first artist to hold the number one spot on Billboard’s rock album, rock single, R&B albums and R&B singles.

*Michael Jackson had a $890 million contract, earning around $1 Billion. (Guinness World Records)

*Jackson is the only male artist to replace himself at #1 ("Bad" replaced "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"). (Wikipedia)

* Jackson holds the record for the most Top 40 hits in the UK single charts in one year, registering 19 in 2006. (Wikipedia)

* Jackson has supported more charities than any other pop singer - 39 charitable organizations either with monetary donations through sponsorships of their projects or the participation in their activities. The charities involved include AIDS Project L.A., American Cancer Society , BMI Foundation, Inc., Child help USA, United Negro College Foundation, YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw, The Sickle Cell Research Fund. (Wikipedia)

* On November 14, 1991, Michael Jackson’s music video, Black Or White was broadcast simultaneously in 27 countries with an estimated audience of 500 million people. It is the largest audience ever to view a music video. (Wikipedia)

* Jackson has the record for the two best-selling VHS music videos ever released ("Moonwalker" [1988] in first place, and "The Making of Michael Jackson's “Thriller" [1984] in second place). (Wikipedia)

* Jackson's "Bad World Tour " (1987–1989) was the highest-grossing tour ever at the time, with over $125 million earned. This record was later broken by the "Dangerous World Tour" (1992-1993) and later broken again by the "History World Tour" (1996-1997), which stays to this day the biggest tour ever in terms of international attendance (4.4 million tickets outside of the USA)

* Michael Jackson's "This Is It" Tour in London has just become the fastest selling tour in history.
is amassing superstar¡¡¡
I love you 4ever MJ
I need stop this pain...:(
youre great Michel...4ever

And he will break more records, we fans will make sure of that =)

Something else he broke after his death

His FACEBOOK number of fans.......

also, not officially.....is that HE and HE alone managed to STOP GOOGLE in its tracks.......

They were off for a minute or two.....they thought they were 'under attack' by so many people going on line finding out about Michael Jackson.

Only the KING can achieve that

BUMP!

* 'This Is It' concert movie is the biggest selling concert movie of all time.

* Michael Jackson holds the record for the most American Music Awards won by one artist. (4 out of 5 in 2009)
^
I'm not sure if that's by one artist ever or one artist in a year, can someone help me out?

BUMP!

* Michael Jackson holds the record for the most American Music Awards won by one artist. (4 out of 5 in 2009)
^
I'm not sure if that's by one artist ever or one artist in a year, can someone help me out?

No.. MJ won the most AMAs ever.... He has 23 awards.. the most by any other solo artists.

Also, Michael also has the record of winning the most AMAs in a year... In 1984, he won 8 awards...

No.. MJ won the most AMAs ever.... He has 23 awards.. the most by any other solo artists.

Also, Michael also has the record of winning the most AMAs in a year... In 1984, he won 8 awards...

So he has the most AMAs by one artist : 23 and most won in one year (4)?

Gotta get this right. LOL.

The King, Michael Jackson has an amazing legacy and this thread is dedicated to his mind blowing musical career.

The following is a list of Michael Jackson's incredible achievements, his records and awards. This list does not contain every achievement and award because the King Of Pop has simiply achieved too many! For a better list of his awards and records

vist :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Records_and_achievements_of_Michael_Jackson

or http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/achievements.html

I will be updating this post with more records and i will add all the awards on to the list, so a massive list is coming.

*Youngest vocalist to top the U.S. singles chart (Guinness World Records 2006)

* "Thriller" released in 1982, later became the biggest selling album of all time selling 104 million copies. (Guinness World Records 2006/ SongBMG)

* First black artist on MTV, with the music video for "Billie Jean". (Wikipedia, History Books)

*Michael Jackson won more Grammy awards than anyone in one year. In 1984, he won 8 Grammy awards. (Guinness World Records 2006)

* Largest Ever Endorsement For Product Promotion - $15 million for Pepsi (Wikipedia)

*Guinness Book Of World Records 1993
Lifetime Achievement Award

* "Scream" is the most expensive music video ever made, costing $7,000,000 to make. (Wikipedia)

* In 1996, Michael Jackson released the longest music video. "Ghosts" was 35 minutes long. (Wikipedia)

* Highest paid entertainer of all time. (Guinness World Records 2006)

*Most successful entertainer of all time, selling 750 million units.(Guinness World Records 2006)

*The biggest audience ever was 133.4 million people watching Michael Jackson’s Super Bowl performance on June 31st 1993. (Guinness World Records)

*More awards won than any other artist. (Wikipedia)

* In 1983, Jackson became the first artist to hold the number one spot on Billboard’s rock album, rock single, R&B albums and R&B singles.

*Michael Jackson had a $890 million contract, earning around $1 Billion. (Guinness World Records)

*Jackson is the only male artist to replace himself at #1 ("Bad" replaced "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"). (Wikipedia)

* Jackson holds the record for the most Top 40 hits in the UK single charts in one year, registering 19 in 2006. (Wikipedia)

* Jackson has supported more charities than any other pop singer - 39 charitable organizations either with monetary donations through sponsorships of their projects or the participation in their activities. The charities involved include AIDS Project L.A., American Cancer Society , BMI Foundation, Inc., Child help USA, United Negro College Foundation, YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw, The Sickle Cell Research Fund. (Wikipedia)

* On November 14, 1991, Michael Jackson’s music video, Black Or White was broadcast simultaneously in 27 countries with an estimated audience of 500 million people. It is the largest audience ever to view a music video. (Wikipedia)

* Jackson has the record for the two best-selling VHS music videos ever released ("Moonwalker" [1988] in first place, and "The Making of Michael Jackson's “Thriller" [1984] in second place). (Wikipedia)

* Jackson's "Bad World Tour " (1987–1989) was the highest-grossing tour ever at the time, with over $125 million earned. This record was later broken by the "Dangerous World Tour" (1992-1993) and later broken again by the "History World Tour" (1996-1997), which stays to this day the biggest tour ever in terms of international attendance (4.4 million tickets outside of the USA)

* Michael Jackson's "This Is It" Tour in London has just become the fastest selling tour in history.

* Michael Jackson holds the record for the most American Music Awards won by one artist. (23)

Amazing. Are these all records still held by Michael? For example, History is still the highest-grossing tour today?

Updated worldwide sales figures for MJ during 2009 (sales up to Dec 6th);

TH 3,321,206
1's 3,101,621
Ess 2,575,450
TII 2,305,956
KOP 1,717,156
Bad 1,715,122
Dan 1,455,404
OTW 1,423,203
INV 796,874
His 732,455
J5/Jack 1,667,916

Total Since 25/06 = 20,812,363

Jan-June = 600,000 (minimum)

Grand Total = 21,412,363 (minimum)

There are some MJ solo album sales missing from these figures (BOTD, 18 Greatest Hits, Ben, etc.), where I have not been able to gather enough information, but these will only be a small percentage in comparision to the overall total.

A lot of the abve figures will be based on sales in the 'Major' countries (US, UK, Ger, Japan, France, Canada, Netherlands, etc.) with an additional 10% 'average' added for missing countries. This very often underestimates MJ's sales - as he sales well above the 'average' in most foreign territories - so the above figures can be taken as 'minimum' totals.

Updated worldwide sales figures for MJ during 2009 (sales up to Dec 6th);

TH 3,321,206
1's 3,101,621
Ess 2,575,450
TII 2,305,956
KOP 1,717,156
Bad 1,715,122
Dan 1,455,404
OTW 1,423,203
INV 796,874
His 732,455
J5/Jack 1,667,916

Total Since 25/06 = 20,812,363

Jan-June = 600,000 (minimum)

Grand Total = 21,412,363 (minimum)

There are some MJ solo album sales missing from these figures (BOTD, 18 Greatest Hits, Ben, etc.), where I have not been able to gather enough information, but these will only be a small percentage in comparision to the overall total.

A lot of the abve figures will be based on sales in the 'Major' countries (US, UK, Ger, Japan, France, Canada, Netherlands, etc.) with an additional 10% 'average' added for missing countries. This very often underestimates MJ's sales - as he sales well above the 'average' in most foreign territories - so the above figures can be taken as 'minimum' totals.

WOW.

Incredible.

No, I'm afraid you're wrong on that one. Madonna holds the record for the highest grossing concert by a solo artist with her Sticky n' Sweet tour. Plus didn't the Rolling Stones break the HIStory tour's attendance record with their tour in 2005? Or am I mixing things up? :scratch:

No, I'm afraid you're wrong on that one. Madonna holds the record for the highest grossing concert by a solo artist with her Sticky n' Sweet tour. Plus didn't the Rolling Stones break the HIStory tour's attendance record with their tour in 2005? Or am I mixing things up? :scratch:

Shut up please tell me you are joking. :mello:

This scares me.

What the ...., now im scared for Michael.

Another thing i find interesting is the industry records MJ broke at a cretin time in his career.

Now i have to ask, how many records in the music business did Elvis break about 10 years into his solo career?

Because by 1989 MJ already had(NOTE: These are not all of the records broken by MJ by this time. These are just some of the BIG ones he had during this time period. If I did AL his record then we would be here for a while.)

- The Biggest Selling album of all time (Thriller- 50 million at the time)

- The second biggest selling album of all time (Bad- 26 million at the time)

- The Largest recording artist of the last decade and possibly more (110 million during the 80's)

- The Biggest selling music home video of all time (Moonwalker- 3 million)

- The second biggest selling music home video of all time (The Making of Michael Jackson's Thriller- 3 million)

- winning most Grammies in a year (8 in 1984)

- The largest grossing tour of all time (Bad World Tour-$125 million)

- The tour attended by more people than any tour in history (Bad World Tour- 4.4 million people)

- The First and only album to yield 5 #1 singles (Bad album)

- The first album to go to #1 in 25 countries (Bad album)

- And 15 #1 hits by this time.(including Jackson 5 and We Are The World)
----------

Now these are records broken all the way up uintil 1989.

OBVIOUSLY he has broken plenty more in the years to come with Dangeorus, HIStory, and Invincible.

But this just goes to show that by 1989 ALONE, MJ no longer needed to prove himself as a musical legend or an icon in the business.

HE has literally done it all by 1989. But there was still more to come. Plus the fact that this was all achieved by one person is amazing.

But now I have to ask. Did Elvis ever have all of these kinds of records broken about 10 years into his solo career?

I HIGHLY doubt that. MJ surpassed him by 1989. LEt alone 2009.

Thanks to smooth_criminal05 :

FINAL UPDATE: ALBUM SALES FOR 2009, BOTH US AND GLOBALLY.

*Jackson Sells 24,800,000 albums in 2009 including Jackson 5 material, Motown, and Sony albums.

*Sony shipped 30,000,000 albums in 2009 while Motown shipped 1,500,000

*Jackson sold 9,000,000 albums in the US which makes him the best selling act this year.

*Jackson was the biggest selling musical act in the US, UK, Europe, Japan, and Globally.

*MJ's Global sales were huge and outpaced the nearest competition by over double. (#2 were The Beatles who sold 11 million albums this year vs Jackson's 24.8 million).

Sales are below, and the first post has been updated for the entire year of 2009. Congratulations Michael!

-------

OFF THE WALL
-500,000 (US)
-1,700,000 (Globally)

THRILLER
-1,300,000 (US)
-4,000,000 (Globally)

BAD
-550,000 (US)
-2,000,000 (Globally)

DANGEROUS
-390,000 (US)
-1,700,000 (Globally)

HISTORY
-160,000 (US)
-650,000 (Globally)

INVINCIBLE
-190,000 (US)
-900,000 (Globally)

ESSENTIAL
-1,100,000 (US)
-2,900,000 (Globally)

NUMBER ONES
-2,400,000 (US)
-3,600,000 (Globally)

KING OF POP
-2,000,000 (Globally)

THIS IS IT
-1,300,000 (US)
-3,100,000 (Globally)

JACKSON 5 ALBUMS
-500,000 (US)
-1,000,000 (Globally)

OTHER:
-600,000 (US)
-1,300,000 (Globally)

TOTAL US ALBUM SALES= 9.0 MILLION
TOTAL GLOBAL ALBUM SALES= 24.8 MILLION

*Remember, the US totals are already included in global numbers. They are shown separately just to point out how much of that global number is being sold in the US.
---

Jackson's Positions On Global Top 40 Charts For 2009:

#5: Thriller (4,000,000)
#6: Number Ones (3,600,000)
#11: This Is It (3,100,000)
#13: The Essential (2,900,000)
#19: King Of Pop (2,000,000)
#20: Bad (2,000,000)
#24: Dangerous (1,700,000)
#25: Off The Wall (1,700,000)

If This Is It was a world tour like Madonna's Sticky n Sweet Tour..then I'm sure it would beat Madonna's tour and be the highest grossing tour for a solo artist..

Back