Michael Jackson's Vision' DVD Boxed Set Available Everywhere Monday November 22

This is a great boxset. I am so glad they were smart enough to include the full length versions of bad, the Way you... and You rock my world. I just wish blood on the dancefloor was the original version on this DVD not the Refugee mix.
And people there are two versions of "You rock my world" in its full length (13min). the USA one and I guess the european one witch is way better than the other version. So I wonder what version they will use. The version of rock my world that I like has other dialogue in the beginning and the background music is different and it's better edited and more finished :) Please reply if you know what I talk about

:scratch: You mean there are two full versions ?

For those of you just dying to get new material and/or holding the Sony grudge, here's a thought:

We are MJ fans. Like, the big time MJ fans. We have been wanting new material for years and we've jumped at anything new since "Hold My Hand" and the "Thriller 25" remixes. I want something new also, but this is a business, and these are business moves.

The Estate's primary job is the generate revenue. Michael Jackson has so much classic material that new generations of kids are discovering and past fans are rediscovering because of his passing. The interest is in what he has already done, the interest is in the classics. A DVD set of short films is a great business move.

There are tons of old fans and new fans who haven't purchased HIStory on Film vol 1 or 2 or Dangerous: The Short Films. This release is for them, and those of us who want all of the short films in one spot. Of all of the Michael Jackson fans in the world, the average fan will be the easiest to appeal to because they aren't like us. We want everything because we already have everything! The average fan has probably seen this stuff, but now would like to own it. Here's their chance.

Like I've discussed with others, we have to be patient... very patient. Beatles fans just got proper album remasters. True, die hard MJ fans like us make up a fraction of MJ consumers. The estate and Sony has a job to do, and I think they're doing a great job.

That being said, I'm sure someone will be getting me this for Christmas. And I'll be happy with that.

This is true. I agree.:punk:

I was fully prepared to be totally disappointed by this release, but DAMN is that EPIC!! :)

Okay, so I could pick holes in a few missing videos (no full-length Ghosts, no HIStory Remix, no WMCIG, no TII by Spike Lee) and the fact it, strangely, isn't coming out on Blu-ray (why?!!) but overall this is OUTSTANDING.

Great cover, great packaging, great booklet, 10 unreleased videos (OMC!!) - this is a must buy IMO and it's got me really excited (even if it makes you wonder about the new album...)

They did a relatively good job with this, but why not include the COMPLETE Ghosts video? Had they done that, I would have bought it for sure.

Also, this pretty much finally confirms the new album won't be out this year. In a way I'm almost relieved, because the uncertainty was annoying -- now we know.

This is good news for me, everything in one place, I'll definitely be buying it or requesting as a Christmas gift.

Like many others, just wish the full length Ghosts would be on it. Hopefully at some point it will be made available, that was and still is my most favorite video/short film (or whatever it may be called).

Going to have to go back and read the beginning of thread, Blood on the Dance Floor is going to be the remix? I sure would like to see the original on this box set as well, #1 for Michael at his sexiest imo.:smilerolleyes:

They did a relatively good job with this, but why not include the COMPLETE Ghosts video? Had they done that, I would have bought it for sure.

I guess, as was suggested before, that including the full length version would have undermined the impact of a future individual DVD/Blu ray box set release of Ghosts. I think not having Ghosts FL makes much more sense than the odd choice of not including HIStory Remix video...

OUTSTANDING NEWS!!
Amazing DVD pacakge. :D
Will get this for sure,

And people there are two versions of "You rock my world" in its full length (13min). the USA one and I guess the european one witch is way better than the other version. So I wonder what version they will use. The version of rock my world that I like has other dialogue in the beginning and the background music is different and it's better edited and more finished :) Please reply if you know what I talk about

I know what you mean :) There are a number of different edits to the YRMW video. The short 4min-ish edit, the 10min Number Ones edit, and the 13min full length. At last we will get to own the full video, as there are small but noticeable differences in each of them.

:scratch: You mean there are two full versions ?

You rock my world has two Full Length versions. they're bassicly the same but the version I like is the one I hope will be released.
If you saw the two versions you would agree that the version I prefer is better. The first one is like a rough cut. the 2nd one is way better
-The lines that Michael is saying to the 'Girl' or about the Girl in the video are different in both versions
-the music in the bar when Chris and Michael are arriving in the club is different
-the Sound effects are different from each version
These examples are better in the version I know.

I know what you mean :) There are a number of different edits to the YRMW video. The short 4min-ish edit, the 10min Number Ones edit, and the 13min full length. At last we will get to own the full video, as there are small but noticeable differences in each of them.

That's right :) you said it well.
I like the version where Michael says to chris: Oh my god That's mine that's mine (funny moment)
And in the other version at the same scene he says. She was looking at me? or something like that. the 10 min version starts at the club....

This is good news for me, everything in one place, I'll definitely be buying it or requesting as a Christmas gift.

Like many others, just wish the full length Ghosts would be on it. Hopefully at some point it will be made available, that was and still is my most favorite video/short film (or whatever it may be called).

Going to have to go back and read the beginning of thread, Blood on the Dance Floor is going to be the remix? I sure would like to see the original on this box set as well, #1 for Michael at his sexiest imo.:smilerolleyes:

yes, about Blood on the dancefloor. It's the remix video
I noticed the duration so it's the remix version. I will buy this set the first day it comes out

Last edited by a moderator:
epm8lu.jpg

DAY FREAKING ONE!

I wish they had included the original, I don't understand why they didn't.

yes, about Blood on the dancefloor. It's the remix video
I noticed the duration so it's the remix version. I will buy this set the first day it comes out
Lol, WHY would they use the remix version instead of the original like all the other videos?

Me either..? Even though this is pretty good, they could've done it even better. Sorry for whining :blush:
Nah, it's not whining. Those are very valid points, I think most people would agree with.

Amazing set , but please SOny lets have full high definition and lossless sound!! BLURAY!!

although one thing about this, some short films and releases where not even in dolby digital 5/1 so this is going to be cool! I cannot wait to get brilliant versions of full YRMW and prison version of TDCAU!! my gf goes mad for this track she will die when she see's this short film!
I think big things planned for Ghosts and Thriller again, shouts bluray release and 3d!! like it or not this WILL be the new format in a years time!

Terry

Great news!!! And I don't care about the album probably being delayed, for me the full MJ experience is to see the man performing to his music. Only thing that REALLY bugs me is the BOTDF remix I mean it's kinda cool but I want the original version -.- I don't wanna buy the Number Ones DVD to have it
Otherwise I'm VERY happy to hear this...will make my shool exam schedule a bit easier to endure:)

This is the complete video collection that's why I will buy it
they should release another box set with performances and with concerts (Vision 2 and 3)lol
However this is a great start. Dirty diana and Another part of me for example in high quality makes me happy

The ''One More Chance'' music video It will be launched before day 22 of November?

Back