Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Can anyone refresh my memory, and lead me to Katherine making these actual statements regarding the songs on video or something?

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Think of puppies

ok enough random posts from me now

haha so true!
Let's think of the children then! Prince... dude's got a billion $... and still there are people who keep on saying they're buying MJ merch to support him! lol

lol... financially speaking, PP&B are more well off than 99.99% of the world's population....:smilerolleyes:

It is said that the Cascios got 5 million for their songs. Where does this figure actually come from?

Last edited:

Think of Joe Jackson :doh:

that made me think of Oxman. Damn you Birchey :tease:

Kapital77, great job, that was an awesome post! :)

:flowers:

Jason Malachi reads max-jax. He read and posted on in the past and he still reads it now.

You'd be suprised who reads these boards if you really found out ;)

:flowers:

I KNOW that he's reading the forums. I even have a thread about how he promoted himself --> All about the Jason dude

The thing is Jason used to read/reads the forums because he likes how his artist name is written over and over again which makes him happy. At the moment no-one except himself can know if he's still reading. He also knows how many MJ fans hate him because his character attitude is simply arrogant and he has played with the emotions of some fans who really thought "Mamacita" and other tunes by him would have been sung by MJ.
On the Cascio issue he was chit-chatting and dealing with the emotions of some fans as well. E.g. he was talking to "Pentum" (member on MJJC and MaxJax) and was implying and supporting "Pentum" in his belief that "the truth" would come closer and that people that think it's him are about to unveil a conspiracy.
Yep, that's our Jason. "Helloooo, game time!"

However you're drawing a relation between Jason reading the forums and the removal of streams by Jab Me Music / Angelikson Productions.

You have to admit that those removals alone would get Eddie Cascio behind bars IF the singer was Jason because neither Jab Me Music nor Angelikson Productions are protecting musical productions/works by Jason, but by Michael Jackson and themselves.

The copyright law will always backfire to those who are committing a fraud. A notarial certification that the singer is Michael Jackson is needed to register and to utilize the songs. For this purpose a forensic analysis concerning the vocals is needed because Michael Jackson can't confirm it himself obviously.
--> 1st forensic analysis (the general public plus 99% of the fanbase doesn't even realize it must exist for legal reasons!)
Furthermore there has to be proof that the songs were indeed co-written and co-produced by Michael Jackson.
The whole registration process consists of many documents that include all the required legal proof.

We even have 2 more forensic analyses of the vocals.
The second one by the MJ Estate as the company who bought part-ownership rights on the tracks (--> Mijac Music (administered by ASCAP)) and who is co-publishing them with Jab Me Music.
And a third one by Sony Music as the distributor/licensor (--> Sony/ATV Tunes LLC (administered by BMI)). Production credits are shared between MJJProductions and Angelikson Productions. I think this doesn't any further explanation.

Last edited:

Furthermore there has to be proof that the songs were indeed co-written and co-produced by Michael Jackson.
The whole registration process consists of many documents that include all the required legal proof.

So how did Sony release This Is It without crediting Paul Anka?

And they then credited Paul Anka when he hadn't actually written any part of the demo that Michael recorded?

And they then credited Paul Anka when he hadn't actually written any part of the demo that Michael recorded?

Paul Anka co-wrote the song (melody, lyrics). It doesn't matter that Michael recordrd it by himself later. Paul Anka was given writing credits, production credits goes to Michael Jackson, John McClain and Mervyn Warren!

Just like Lionel Richie recived co-writing credits on The Ultimate Collection on We Are The World (Demo).

That was sth else: They didn't have any legal documents that named Paul Anka as a composer (melody).

"Written" does not mean lyrics only. It includes composing and other things as well. ;)

That was a lack of knowledge which isn't illegal. They have corrected it and Paul Anka gets his royalties.

What do you mean, Paul Anka hadn't written any part of the demo? He's the one who wrote the song. He also plays the piano on the track.

What do you mean, Paul Anka hadn't written any part of the demo? He's the one who wrote the song. He also plays the piano on the track.

The song was created in 1980. A full THREE years before Paul Anka claims he worked with Michael.

Michael Jackson then apparently recorded the demo in 1981.

Paul Anka, by his OWN admission, THEN worked with Michael Jackson in 1983.

Saf-ire's 1991 song "I Never Heard" was the result of that additional co-write.

EVEN BY Anka's own admission, the song that Michael created in 1980 had nothing to do with Paul Anka.

thisisitmj.jpg

I'm sure he claimed to work with MJ during "Thriller"...

It seems to me like BBC has got their information wrong. They seem to be basing that date on the album that Paul released, and that the song was meant to be released on that album. He says so on "The View" that the tapes were taken when "Thriller" was on the verge of release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfRznr_32HQ&feature=related

It seems to me like BBC has got their information wrong. They seem to be basing that date on the album that Paul released, and that the song was meant to be released on that album. He says so on "The View" that the tapes were taken when "Thriller" was on the verge of release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfRznr_32HQ&feature=related

Which completely contradicts what he says elsewhere about the song.

"Michael Jackson was becoming the man of the moment with "Thriller." Jackson, he said, got a "big head" and "stole the tapes" from his studio. "

So that would be POST-Thriller release.

That's what I'm trying to say. The tapes were stolen around "Thriller"'s release. That means that it was recorded before "Thriller", at least.

... what relevance does the date This Is It was recorded have to the authenticity of the Cascio tracks? Just wondering this as I read these past couple pages.

That's what I'm trying to say. The tapes were stolen around "Thriller"'s release. That means that it was recorded before "Thriller", at least.

Right. And in the same comment he mentioned the song was written in 1983.

You honestly think Michael Jackson stole the track?

Didn't MJ do a similar thing with "From the Bottom of My Heart"? Regardless, I'd imagine his team would, if only to have to keep on record. Plus, by the sound of it, he rerecorded the vocals, as you can hear between the released version and Paul's version. Plus, MJ himself forgotten from time-to-time when he had written songs and when albums were released. Just watch the "Dangerous" deposition.

Anyway, all of this is irrelevant to this topic.

Paul Anka implied, in that View interview, that Michael stole the tracks. I don't find it too unlikely... It's not like he was stealing anything that he didn't deserve to have a copy of. It's a recording of his own voice that he's stealing. Big deal, right? Yeah, maybe to a record label executive but to Michael Jackson?

edit: The other scenario I think is possible is that some greedy people in the music industry stole the tracks and when he died they resurfaced.

Whichever scenario is real, I don't know, but I don't care too much, but I doubt Michael would be like, "Hope you aren't still maaad :p" if it wasn't he that took them.

Last edited:

Paul Anka implied, in that View interview, that Michael stole the tracks. I don't find it too unlikely...

You don't find it unlikely that Michael Jackson, one of the greatest pop music songwriters of all time, STOLE a half-finished song from another famous songwriter? You think that's likely?

It was his song, too.

Sam, read my edit, I don't know if you got the chance. I point out another possible scenario. However, no, I don't find it that unlikely! :D Knowing a little bit about Michael Jackson and how much he desires to have his own copy of his work, I find it quite likely.

So he wanted a copy of his own work. He most likely used the tapes as an example to rerecord his vocals - the ones that are "This Is It" - labeled the newly recorded tape "This Is It", and gave the guide one back to Paul.

Well, if Michael Jackson wrote most of the music and sang the majority of the song himself, don't you think that makes it mostly a Michael Jackson song? Sure Paul Anka worked on it with him and probably did contribute a good amount of help or whatever, but when I listen to it I think of it as a Michael Jackson song.

That's mostly because it features Michael on the lead vocal! So that's why I think he probably wanted a copy. It's basically his song. I haven't heard any version with Paul singing except a live version from 2010.

Back