Michael - The Great Album Debate

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Coming back to the Cascio discussion, I recommend you delete these songs like BN, Monster, etc from your hard-disk and clear your ears and heart. Michael doesn't deserve you to even think he sings such ish..
Soldier Boy? Not even his style, let alone vocals and lyrics...bleah...I haven't even heard the whole song.
Cascio is a back-stabber, sold his "family" for money..who does that??

Re: Michael - The Great Album Debate (Only Go Here if You Want To Continue The Controversy)

Does anyone know anything about the song Ride With Me (or Ride Wit Me)? I've always seen Rodney Jerkins name attached to it but I never looked into it. I found a song by the same registered by James Porte in 2004. I think it could be the same song because the title is Ride Wit Me and the application title is "Let's Ride" (spoken in the song). The copyright claimants are James Porte and Frank Cascio.

EDIT: I looked it up. I read it was on Rodney Jerkin's 2006 instrumental album Versatility. He wrote it in 1999 for Invincible. The Brandy song (from her album Full Moon, 2002) "It's not Worth it" was written around the vocal from Ride With Me. Why does the Porte/Cascio registration from 2004 say "Let's ride"? Maybe it's just a coincidence. Strange though.

Last edited:

Does anyone know anything about the song Ride With Me (or Ride Wit Me)? I've always seen Rodney Jerkins name attached to it but I never looked into it. I found a song by the same registered by James Porte in 2004. I think it could be the same song because the title is Ride Wit Me and the application title is "Let's Ride" (spoken in the song). The copyright claimants are James Porte and Frank Cascio.

EDIT: I looked it up. I read it was on Rodney Jerkin's 2006 instrumental album Versatility. He wrote it in 1999 for Invincible. The Brandy song (from her album Full Moon, 2002) "It's not Worth it" was written around the vocal from Ride With Me. Why does the Porte/Cascio registration from 2004 say "Let's ride"? Maybe it's just a coincidence. Strange though.

Here you are:

[youtube]7Sm8eSyM2Ik[/youtube]

Thanks Bumper :) I know the song, I just never bothered finding out the story behind it. I thought maybe I was onto something for a few minutes! :lol:

Thanks Bumper :) I know the song, I just never bothered finding out the story behind it. I thought maybe I was onto something for a few minutes! :lol:

You are onto something. I believe that what you are onto and what my sixth sense tells me about those songs might match like a puzzle.

Korgnex says: "Btw, the authenticity of the Cascio recordings will be proven once and for all very soon. I won't further comment."

This is gonna be great fun !! :D

Who ever is reporting posts to the mods, I have one thing to say to you: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

I honestly don't think there's a need for fighting, yes we are divided among the authenticity of those infamous tracks but sitill there's no need at all.
Some of us and I include myself don't believe it's Michael singing however I'm just expressing my opinion but it doesn't justify the acts of rudeness or hate here. We should be united guys, no matter if we have different opinion, it's for Michael and his legacy.

:unsure:

kermit.gif

I love this thread, its very interesting, and very informative. I would've hate to see anyone gone, or banned due to unnecessary words exchanged in moment of heat....

You know what... the best thing we can all do is put this stuff to bed now and just... agree to disagree on certain aspects and other than that - just leave it be.

I've been very vocal about things over the past few months as you all know - but you know what? It's not worth it.

There are a lot of good people on this forum... a lot of good people. I can see good people snapping and just losing their temper because we are stuck in a viscous circle with regards to certain things relating to the estate and certain songs on the Michael album.

I have come to the realization over the past few weeks that debating this crap is now pointless... and all we are doing is picking at an open wound. Let it heal. Without sounding too soppy and without going too 'agony aunt' on the whole situation - I think we all just have to create a space in our minds for this shit...and leave it there, and forget about it.

Lets concentrate on the future, lets concentrate on what Michael has given us in the past... and lets concentrate on why we are really here. We all have lives outside of this...and we all have other things to contend with in our lives - this place should be our sanctuary; not our boxing ring or a place to throw darts.

You know what... the best thing we can all do is put this stuff to bed now and just... agree to disagree on certain aspects and other than that - just leave it be.

I've been very vocal about things over the past few months as you all know - but you know what? It's not worth it.

There are a lot of good people on this forum... a lot of good people. I can see good people snapping and just losing their temper because we are stuck in a viscous circle with regards to certain things relating to the estate and certain songs on the Michael album.

I have come to the realization over the past few weeks that debating this crap is now pointless... and all we are doing is picking at an open wound. Let it heal. Without sounding too soppy and without going too 'agony aunt' on the whole situation - I think we all just have to create a space in our minds for this shit...and leave it there, and forget about it.

Lets concentrate on the future, lets concentrate on what Michael has given us in the past... and lets concentrate on why we are really here. We all have lives outside of this...and we all have other things to contend with in our lives - this place should be our sanctuary; not our boxing ring or a place to throw darts.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I would love to hear what the officially released Cascio tracks sounded like before they were "fixed up" for the album. For all we know, they could have been like Soldier Boy. There is a difference even though it's the same voice. I think Sony's big problem with this leak could be because there was no work done on them. According to Wikipedia's list of unreleased MJ songs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unreleased_Michael_Jackson_material) All I Need was produced by Burt Bacharach, Stay by Tricky Stewart. Soldier boy and Water don't mention producers. They could have been songs that weren't considered for the album, therefore not worked on. Just a theory but it seems logical to me considering there was no big problem when All I Need and Stay leaked.

^^ Those are my thoughts, too....When the first snippet of Soldier Boy leaked, it changed a lot of minds...There were a bunch of 'believers' that have realized, based on that snippet, that the rest are fake, too....SB just hasn't been 'Michael'd up', yet....Which is why I think they're desperate to watch us like hawks and so the truth doesn't start spreading like wildfire.

But how does one compete against Sony?! Even the family wont touch this. The kids were there, they should know if Michael was recording with the Cascios or not. Prince would have been old enough to remember that. They are pretty much the only people outside the Cascio family who could confirm or deny this (I'm not saying they should be used for that, just that the Jacksons know would now know what the kids know about it). Is there a reason they're not doing anything about it? That's where the doubt comes in for me. I cannot hear Michael on the tracks but if it's not him, why aren't the Jackson's taking action? It would seem that either they know something we don't or they're being kept quiet. I can't see them knowing this and doing nothing if there was nothing in their way. I guess the estate might have something to so with it. And why was the authenticity portion of the Oprah family interview cut (presuming it's true that they spoke about it)? :banghead:

Sorry, I just need to go on a little rant every now and then :p

The only "Michaeling up" Jason's vocals received on the MICHAEL album was a massive amount of compression and EQ'ing. (And no, not by the Cascios, they were compressed by Teddy and Tricky.) "Soldier Boy" and "All I Need" are fairly compression-free (though there is an effect on the SB vocals), while the "Stay" lead vocal is compressed so bad that there's actually artifacts:

http://soundcloud.com/tpimaster/stayartifact

Hear that sharp noise on the end of "door"? Artifact from the vocal compression. It would sound even more like Jason without all the compression.

Rant away Mundy! I wouldn't be too disheartened by the lack of apparent action by the Jacksons. Many of them made it very clear how they feel about the tracks and i do think it is significant that they all seemed to stop commenting openly about the tracks around the same time. I have no doubt that they have been advised of the legal ins and outs of the situation. There are many possible reasons as to why they are so silent at present. They may be patiently biding their time before taking action, they may have been advised to not comment whilst building a case or worst case scenario there is nothing they can do legally. Maybe they don't have the financial means or strength to take on such a powerful corporation...it's anyone's guess really! Just because Sony and others involved have covered themselves sufficiently enough so that the family can't or do not wish to take action doesn't make the tracks any more or less authentic. The tracks still sound the same! They always will sound the same. Maybe they are waiting for a piece of the puzzle to fall into place? Maybe we will have to wait until the children are old enough toact at on their dad's behalf? Only time will tell.

There are a lot of possible reasons I guess. No, nothing will make them more or less authentic, I just get nervous with time slipping by and no progress. I know we wont forget about it but I hope the Jacksons don't.

EDIT: There must be so much conflict though. The estate had to approve the tracks so they're on Sony's side, as are the Cascio's and all of the producers who worked on or confirmed the tracks as Michael's. The Jacksons would really be on their own if they tried to take on the case. They would have the support of many fans but would they have people on their side who could really help with a court case? I hadn't thought of money either, that'd come out of their own pockets :sigh:

The Estate is only made up of two people though...Mcclain and Branca. McClain was against the tracks we are told and did his best to keep them off. Who knows why he ended up agreeing? The Cascios had already sold the tracks at that stage and had their money in their pockets so at the end of the day it's not like there needed to be a large amount of people all coming to a consensus to include the tracks. Maybe by the time sony realised what a royal F*** up had been made it was too late and all they could do was go in for some damage control with the statement and hope for the best? I'd imagine there was time pressure, financial pressure etc etc Looks like the whole thing has been pretty disastrous though. including the Cascio tracks wasn't the only mistake made. Just wish people would admit it and try to make up for the mistakes made but it doesn't look lightly.

The Estate is only made up of two people though...Mcclain and Branca. McClain was against the tracks we are told and did his best to keep them off. Who knows why he ended up agreeing? The Cascios had already sold the tracks at that stage and had their money in their pockets so at the end of the day it's not like there needed to be a large amount of people all coming to a consensus to include the tracks. Maybe by the time sony realised what a royal F*** up had been made it was too late and all they could do was go in for some damage control with the statement and hope for the best? I'd imagine there was time pressure, financial pressure etc etc Looks like the whole thing has been pretty disastrous though. including the Cascio tracks wasn't the only mistake made. Just wish people would admit it and try to make up for the mistakes made but it doesn't look lightly.

I see it as them sweeping it all under the rug...Stay silent, under-promote the album, act almost like it doesn't exist...Because they KNOW they've done wrong and it's best to keep quiet...Hoping eventually things will settle down and the fans will get tired of fighting amongst themselves and for Mike's legacy...

As long as they can fool the general public who don't live and breathe Michael like we do, what do they care?

That's their plan, IMO.

Were my posts delated offensive or disrespectful?

I thought they werent, just wondering...

:ciao: Ok, I'm at work so :ciao:

Were my posts delated offensive or disrespectful?

I thought they werent, just wondering...

cleaned everyone's posts about a certain subject, nothing personal.

I want Love is magical back guys..

Yes, I agree re SB not being processed and very "dangerous"..It can change a loooot of minds, gosh, bring it on :)
Have you guys seen this tweet? Very interesting...hmmm
http://twitpic.com/4zekhi

And the family can't do anything, can't have their fingers in many pies, especially since they are broke. David and Goliath, everyone??

I took that screen cap yesterday and that's the third time it made its way back to me :giggle: These things get around quickly! When I was going through the Cascio registrations I noticed that they register things soon after they're done. There are plenty of songs/compilations all registered the same year they were written. They even registered a press kit. Now who registers their mostly unknown artists' work immediately and doesn't bother registering tracks recorded with Michael freaking Jackson?!

Last edited:

I believe, people defending the authenticity mostly are simply allergic to conspiracy theories. They can't accept the possibility and therefor hold on to those horrible excuses (shower, pvc, ill, rough demo, new style, ...). Even if they believe there are different lead vocals mixed, like Korgnex, they don't mind Cascio telling them "THIS IS HIS VOICE" and still defend those songs.

Why would you defend a song that is sold as Michaels if you believe there are different LEAD vocals mixed to sound as ONE ?
Either you really love those songs (well, congratulations), or you are simply highly allergic to conspiracy theories / theorist and tend to act irrational.

I just listened to Soldier Boy

:rollin:

Man, this is some serious crazy stuff. They sampled MJ in such a dumb way (in 0:12-0:15; 1:53-2:33) - it's really embarrassing beyond the world.

We have that same weak Cascio voice all over again.

People! Did MJ learn 12 tracks and then sing them "without even wanting to sound good" ? And all of them sound the same (well, we have the faster voice and the ballad voice, whereas the ballad voice is nearer to MJ). Go and listen to People of the world. THAT is Michael Jackson just singing along.

@DEFENDERS

Listen to 01:14 and 01:17. Have you ever heard MJ sing that way ? This is VERY CLEARLY an imposter. I'm sure that two 'say's can be easily compared to an JM song.

The more Cascio songs come out the better. Because they are all built on the same basis and it becomes less and less probable that MJ was even remotely involved in any way.

Some call it "Michael Jackson (feat. James Porte)" ... I mean, what the f*ck ? Now they all hear that BS the make the next excuse.

There are no 2 voices glued together (MJ+Porte) in the Casio tracks. This is just another lame excuse because some parts sound more and some less like MJ. But the lead is clearly ONE VOICE ONLY (except when words are emphasized).

I can't believe this. It's a nightmare.

Back