Michael - The Great Album Debate

I would have commented on elapentela's recent posts, but truth be told, they're so ludicrous that they don't deserve a response.

For the record, there is nothing wrong with liking the music of the Jackson 5/Jacksons. It is great music that Michael poured his heart into.

I would have commented on elapentela's recent posts, but truth be told, they're so ludicrous that they don't deserve a response.

For the record, there is nothing wrong with liking the music of the Jackson 5/Jacksons. It is great music that Michael poured his heart into.

And anyway, MJ's the lead singer, so I don't get it lol. How can you not like a song where MJ sings, Blame It On The Boogie, Can You Feel It, I'll Be There, The Love You Save, Walk Right Now, This Place Hotel, etc... ?

About Elapentela's feeling that most 'doubters' are jealous or hate the Cascio's:

It's like the pot calling the kettle black, while the kettle isn't even black.

It's clear from your posts, Elapentela, that it's you who clearly has a dislike for Michael's family and more love towards the Cascio's.

Like most 'doubter's already stated, it's all about the voice on the Cascio tracks. If the Jacksons would claim they secretly recorded songs with Michael for three months and came up with the same songs, my reaction would be the same.

I used to prize Jacksons a lot in my articles even when I witnessed personally serious disconection MJ's from his family long time ago ( having access behind the scenes during The Victory Tour ). I stiil argued with one of the guest commentators of Michael's memorial
in my original country, who criticized MJ's biological family in very nasty way. However, yes I lost respect for Jacksons totally during the last 3 years. But I don't write and don't talk about it. I just avoid the subject.
I already gave my opinion regarding the "proofs" that the recordings are fake. I studied music for at least 17 years, made money as music journalist but I don't have credentials as forensic expert. For me it's Michael Jackson singing on released songs but if the case would go to the court my opinion means nothing. Until I will obtain the liaison of the forensic expert. That's it.

I used to prize Jacksons a lot in my articles even when I witnessed personally serious disconection MJ's from his family long time ago ( having access behind the scenes during The Victory Tour ). I stiil argued with one of the guest commentators of Michael's memorial
in my original country, who criticized MJ's biological family in very nasty way. However, yes I lost respect for Jacksons totally during the last 3 years. But I don't write and don't talk about it. I just avoid the subject.
I already gave my opinion regarding the "proofs" that the recordings are fake. I studied music for at least 17 years, made money as music journalist but I don't have credentials as forensic expert. For me it's Michael Jackson singing on released songs but if the case would go to the court my opinion means nothing. Until I will obtain the liaison of the forensic expert. That's it.

I have studied Michael Jackson for nearly 30 years, and on the Cascio tracks it ain't him.

All the "proofs" doubters are trying to present on this forum to disqualified MJ's involvement in the recording "Cascio's songs" are more and more fake and done with such "hard work" that is overdone. After working so hard on "producing" the "proofs" I would expect more sincere creativity.
If it's so easy, than why aren't you a little creative yourself and convince us otherwise?
Please use more common sense in your future conspiracy theories
We're using one of our basic senses: our hearing. How much more common do you want it to be?

eta: Oh, I see you reacted my earlier post. Haven't read it yet. We posted at the same time..:)

And anyway, MJ's the lead singer, so I don't get it lol. How can you not like a song where MJ sings, Blame It On The Boogie, Can You Feel It, I'll Be There, The Love You Save, Walk Right Now, This Place Hotel, etc... ?

We are talking about the quality of the music and performance of the other Jacksons today. Believe me there are many better bands who play in the restaurants during the meals time and not necessary the best restaurants. The real musicians maintain their skills with no breaks. Jacksons unfortunately became the shadows of the performers they used to be because of their laziness. Do not tell me that the quality of their present productivity is the same or better than "Cascio's" recordings.

We are talking about the quality of the music and performance of the other Jacksons today. Believe there are many beter bands who play in the restaurants during the meals time and not necessary the best restaurants. The real musicians maintain their skills with no breaks. Jacksons unfortunately became the shadows of the performers they used to be because of their laziness. Do not tell me that the quality of their present productivity is the same or better than "Cascio's" recordings.

To me The Jacksons without Michael as a lead singer is like a Pepsi without bubbles. Now, I don't even know why you are shifting the debate from vocal issues on an MJ album to The Jacksons' musical skills and silly theories that we defend them and conspire against the Cascios. If your articles are filled with such misinformation then I bet your articles are as worthy as the ones we can read in the tabloids...

Last edited:
@elapentela: It's irrelevant. Of the 3 Cascio songs that were released on the Michael album, only one would even have a chance on the radio. From the little bit I've heard of the others, none of the other Cascio songs would be worthy of ANY radio time. They are not only not Michael Jackson's voice, but they are not standard Michael Jackson songs.

Edit: I still think one of the best arguments for the songs being fake is that when a legitimate Michael Jackson song leaks, everyone flocks to find it and everyone wants it, however when a Cascio song leaks, no one gives a s*** because they are awful songs.

Last edited:
Yeah, I felt that you lost respect for The Jacksons and I'm not going to argue about it, because loving or hating The Jackson family/The Cascio family is totally irrelevant in this subject. But thanks for the explanation.
With all respect.......If you studied music you know a lot more about notes, compositions, instruments than me. I don't doubt that. But because you are a music journalist doesn't mean your opinion is holy and the right one. I've read a lot of blogs, articles from 'music journalists', and half of the time I miss the 'feeling' for music. It's like they study it too much.

And last but not least; no music journalist has to tell me what is good music and what not. I will decide that for myself. I like it when the writer perfectly describes a song in words, but for the rest I don't value the opinions of music journalists very much. Maybe that's something for people who don't know what they like or not.

Peace :hippy:

Last edited:
I've read a lot of blogs, articles from 'music journalists', and half of the time I miss the 'feeling' for music. It's like they study it too much.
On the contrary, in my opinion! So many music journalists write just fluff and nothing of substance nowadays. When I read about music, I want to learn something, not just read the author's opinion. Of course the latter can be interesting too, but I can go to any random website and find dozens of interesting opinions. Anyway, this is just a (highly irrelevant, I know!) pet peeve of mine.

As for the topic at hand, I honestly cannot be bothered to respond to this anymore. Elepantela has repeated the same thing about an anti-Cascio bias for ages and whenever you respond with arguments explaining your position, or questions to engage him/her in a debate, you just get ignored. Then a few weeks go by, and they come back projecting their own bias on anyone who questions the authenticity of these songs again.

When their argument is that absurd, they have no choice but to do that. They can't honestly defend something like that, because it's just 100% completely off the mark and no one even knows where it comes from. It's like coming in here and saying:

"You people don't like the Cascio songs only because McDonalds brought the McRib back just in time for the holidays."

When their argument is that absurd, they have no choice but to do that. They can't honestly defend something like that, because it's just 100% completely off the mark and no one even knows where it comes from. It's like coming in here and saying:

"You people don't like the Cascio songs only because McDonalds brought the McRib back just in time for the holidays."

:lmao:

How'd you know my real reason? :fear: :p

Well, the McRib is brought back around early November in my state. And Breaking News debuted in early November 2010.

Coincidence? I think not.

Well, the McRib is brought back around early November in my state. And Breaking News debuted in early November 2010.

Coincidence? I think not.
@AlwaysThere: That is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. The McRib is a very decent sandwich, but just because the Cascio's happen to eat at McDonalds on a daily basis, and Jason Malachi is known to love the McRib himself.

as8ci.jpg

Doesn't mean that there is some sort of McDonalds Cascio Jason Sony Michael Holiday Conspiracy!!! Or is there?

2d9qvs5.jpg

Oh, wow. I apologize, AlwaysThere. Maybe there really is something to this McRib thing:

fllf1e.jpg

They don't serve beer though. Michael wrote Ready 2 Win dedicated to struggling alcoholics.

"It's time you put away your beer"

Soldier Boy is about Gaddafi and his regime.
"And they leave you in Libya, hee hee hee!"

Critical was branded as a Jason Malachi track but is in fact a track Michael wrote about Lisa Marie when he found out she already had kids.
"The thought of your kids still lingers in my mind..."

There will never be any huge Michael success anymore, in my opinion. Michael is gone and all that's left are the fans and his art.

The Estate, which shat on MJ's discography by promoting and releasing songs not even performed by Michael should know that.

There could have been.. But not anymore, unfortunately.

There could have been.. But not anymore, unfortunately.

Some of MJ's songs have potential to became bigger hits than "Titanic" theme song. Hopely by the time when they will get that opportunity some fans will be too busy in their personal and professional life for creating unnessesery controversy. Michael Jackson's phenomena will gain a lot more new fans in the future than he has now. I'm very positive about it.

Some of MJ's songs have potential to became bigger hits than "Titanic" theme song. Hopely by the time when they will get that opportunity some fans will be too busy in their personal and professional life for creating unnessesery controversy. Michael Jackson's phenomena will gain a lot more new fans in the future than he has now. I'm very positive about it.

:yawn:

Unnecessary controversy? There is a large possibility that twelve tracks billed as Michael Jackson don't feature his involvement in any way and you consider that unnecessary? Whether or not you believe the Cascio tracks are Michael, it's still quite the debate.

Michael's posthumous albums will not be smash hits. That's for sure. But if the Estate does things right, doesn't do anything to cause any sort of argument in the fan community and makes an album that would make Michael proud, there's always the chance that it will be a hit. Like I said, they won't sell ten to fifteen million copies, but a few million isn't impossible.

@AlwaysThere: That is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. The McRib is a very decent sandwich, but just because the Cascio's happen to eat at McDonalds on a daily basis, and Jason Malachi is known to love the McRib himself.

as8ci.jpg

Doesn't mean that there is some sort of McDonalds Cascio Jason Sony Michael Holiday Conspiracy!!! Or is there?

2d9qvs5.jpg

Oh, wow. I apologize, AlwaysThere. Maybe there really is something to this McRib thing:

fllf1e.jpg

I KNEW IT! No need to apologize, I knew the truth would emerge one day. But if Malachi or the Cascios are somehow linked to the Angus third-pounder, my head may explode.

Hopely by the time when they will get that opportunity some fans will be too busy in their personal and professional life for creating unnessesery controversy. Michael Jackson's phenomena will gain a lot more new fans in the future than he has now. I'm very positive about it.

Please -_- Stop pressurin' me. Somebody please have mercy cuz I just can't take it. This controversy has VERY reasonable grounds. And Michael's phenomena will probably gain new fans in time yeah, but not the Cascio tracks and not mister Cupeta who sings them. Best Cascio tracks can do is taint Michael's phenomena and legacy and all what's left from it.

Please -_- Stop pressurin' me. Somebody please have mercy cuz I just can't take it. This controversy has VERY reasonable grounds. And Michael's phenomena will probably gain new fans in time yeah, but not the Cascio tracks and not mister Cupeta who sings them. Best Cascio tracks can do is taint Michael's phenomena and legacy and all what's left from it.

I don't know who mister Cupeta is. It's seems this person is very popular on this board like kind of new idol. I think the people who mention him in their posts definitely should take credits in promoting this artist around the world and he should to thanks them for the free ads. LOL

I don't know who mister Cupeta is. It's seems this person is very popular on this board like kind of new idol. I think the people who mention him in their posts definitely should take credits in promoting this artist around the world and he should to thanks them for the free ads. LOL

I hardly ever post here. Please stop being ignorant. This controversy is very necessary. And by the way there wouldn't be needed any controversy if Cascio tracks actually sounded like Michael. Well, guess what, they don't. Instead they sound just like Jason Malachi. And to be honest I don't even care who the guy is. It can be average Joe in his basement recording Cascios. The thing is, it ain't Michael and that's all I care for.

I hardly ever post here. Please stop being ignorant. This controversy is very necessary. And by the way there wouldn't be needed any controversy if Cascio tracks actually sounded like Michael. Well, guess what, they don't. Instead they sound just like Jason Malachi. And to be honest I don't even care who the guy is. It can be average Joe in his basement recording Cascios. The thing is, it ain't Michael and that's all I care for.

It's just your opinion and you have the right to have one. I have different opinion on the subject. Hopely one day we will found out who was right. That's it.

And to be honest I don't even care who the guy is. It can be average Joe in his basement recording Cascios. The thing is, it ain't Michael and that's all I care for.
Yes, this, exactly, 100%. elapentela, you listening?

This is the answer to AlwaysThere post. I think you totally misunderstood what I said regarding MJ's songs as material for the movie soundtrack theme song. I never mention about MJ's albums. Usually the soundtracks albums include at least several different artists and one theme song. The Estate of Michael Jackson in future will focus more for using Mj's music in the motion picture business exactly as Michael himself wished.

Last edited:
Back