Michael - The Great Album Debate

i dont like John Lennon.

anyways Happy New Year
Whaaaaaaaaaat lol

I know, everyone's free to have their own taste in music, but how unfortunate! Lennon's music is always a real treat, I enjoyed hearing Happy Xmas (War Is Over) more over the holidays. I am in love with Mind Games and Double Fantasy. :) If you haven't listened to those albums in their entirety, give them a try and see if you still don't like him.

Him and the Beatles arent my piece of pie. lol ive listened to alot of their stuff though. i own 4 albums, and 2 singles on vinyl. so its not like i didnt give them a try at all.

Yes, 25 years ago in the formal studio setting (and not in his stinky pj's - around Eddie he didn't care anyway) and before the
worst thing ever happened to him-the trial. And I will buy anything what was touched by Michael after the trial. Just
because the child molestation allegations are probably the worst crime ever the person could be accused for and anybody who would go through something like Michael went through would carry enormous psychological baggage. There is no way his perspective toward everyday life didn't change drastically. And I personally want to "know" the time after the trial as much as possible. I know there are many fans who are absolutely positive about MJ's singing on the Cascio's tracks as well as people who worked with him through the years in the studio.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all of you!

Yeah, well while Mike was imitating JM's voice and copy-pasting from Invincible session, Eddie was pushing buttons. How exciting. As if Mike had no other choice of studio, and as if Seth Riggs was all of sudden inexisting to coach his voice. :D

Yeah, well while Mike was imitating JM's voice and copy-pasting from Invincible session, Eddie was pushing buttons. How exciting. As if Mike had no other choice of studio, and as if Seth Riggs was all of sudden inexisting to coach his voice. :D

I don't think he was looking for another studio at that time and he definitely wasn't looking for Seth Riggs. It was the time when he and his children (plus entourage) had to leave hotel rooms because credit cards decline the payment. If he didn't had money for the hotel, then of course he didn't had money for renting the studio. In 2008 he was invited by Mallon brothers (not sure if I spelled the last name correctly even if I had an opportunity to meet them personally) to The Palms hotel in Las Vegas to stay over there and use their studio for free.

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
I feel left out

Happy New Year for everybody!
Happy New Year for ivyrybody!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2005/05/friend-with-benefits.php

^^Ok, this isn't a very trustworthy site, but...

why does the songwriting come up again? I wonder what songs Frankie Blue heard (if it's true) and if the article is mixing up Eddie with Frank. The only time I read Frank also wrote songs, is in the Roger Friedman article.

If Michael worked and was also planning continue to work on The Cascio songs, then I don't see the need for lobbying for Eddie or Frank. Of course if Michael had nothing to do with the songs, then I do see the importance of it. If it's true, it means the songwriting career of Eddie (or Frank) wasn't doing that well anymore in 2008.

*dunno*, but I wonder how stories like this come into the world. The songwriting carreer of The Cascio's in 2008.

"OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): As we go to break, here's another exclusive track called "Monster" written and produced by Eddie Cascio and Michael Jackson. Eddie says this is one that Michael would've gotten up and danced to. Take a listen."

Waddayamean Would've????

Is it my English or??

Sooo.....he didn't dance to it, while he sang it?...:scratch: Ay ay ay....

Last edited:
Maybe because the track was originally more down-tempo? Yeah, I thought that phrasing was odd, too!

Maybe because the track was originally more down-tempo? Yeah, I thought that phrasing was odd, too!

Even if it was more down tempo, it still wouldn't have prevented Michael from dancing....He used to dance to the sound of the washing machine ;)

Exactly, you're right, even the down-tempo Monster is dancey enough, I think Eddie fumbled several times during that time during the album's release. He's not very articulate it seems, so maybe that's why we don't hear anything. "Crap, better keep my mouth shut."

So I do understand the phrasing...pfewww..glad you notice it too.

So he didn't dance to it, while he recorded it, otherwise Eddie would have said it. So what did he do? stand still?

Even if it was more down tempo, it still wouldn't have prevented Michael from dancing....He used to dance to the sound of the washing machine ;)

What explanations can there be for that remark:

1-he didn't dance to it, because he never sang it
2-he didn't dance to it, because the song didn't make him wanna (in that stage of completion), which I find very hard to believe. The way it is sung, it rocks enough and Michael perfectly knew the potential of a song.

Again, a remark from Eddie not in favour of the believers.

Last edited:
So I do understand the phrasing...pfewww..glad you notice it too.

So he didn't dance to it, while he recorded it, otherwise Eddie would have said it. So what did he do? stand still?

What explanations can there be for that remark:

1-he didn't dance to it, because he never sang it
2-he didn't dance to it, because the song didn't make him wanna (in that stage of completion), which I find very hard to believe. The way it is sung, it rocks enough and Michael perfectly knew the potential of a song.

Again, a remark from Eddie not in favour of the believers.

I mean, I personally don't believe Michael sang those songs, but the remark could have been something as simple as meaning Michael would have gotten up and danced to it had he been alive to perform it....But I too find it hard to believe that if Michael did in fact record this song, he wouldn't have danced to it while recording it...It IS a catchy song...

Or Eddie could have slipped up :D

"OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): As we go to break, here's another exclusive track called "Monster" written and produced by Eddie Cascio and Michael Jackson. Eddie says this is one that Michael would've gotten up and danced to. Take a listen."

Waddayamean Would've????

Is it my English or??

Sooo.....he didn't dance to it, while he sang it?...:scratch: Ay ay ay....

Maybe he meant, "If only he had heard the song he would have gotten up and dance to it." :D

Part of me believes that Michael DID hear the songs at some point, he just never recorded them. There's no way Eddie wouldn't have showed Michael the songs while he was there. (If they all weren't written at that point, he must have shown him Soldier Boy at least.)

James Porte Appreciation :D

"She down with the nine to five, lil shotty wants to stay alive...
Says she wants to be a private dancer
she wants to shakeitshakeitshakeit
shashashakeitshakeit!"

I think Soldier Boy is an interesting track that doesn't feel as "complete" with "Jason"'s voice as the other songs.

The first build up to the chorus is (almost) all James Porte (maybe some "Jason" muddled in there but it's not obvious):
"people stabbin your back, as a matter of fact"

Clearly James Porte had more to do with the track than the lead singer. (since the song was apparently written before the other tracks) Burn Tonight also has quite a bit of James Porte in the chorus. On the other hand I hear more of "Jason" in Black Widow background vocals. Not sure about Monster and some other songs since it actually sounds like either one of them.

though "Jason" does does sing in the second build up:
"but they won't help you find..."

Other Porte highlights:
"No matter what... you just wanna read it again"
"they say, crazayyyy celebertayyy... ooohhhhh... display! baybeh!!!"
"babababalalalalala bababababalalalala"
Stay - "she was my baybe"
"she got you boy"

lol Stay... how can we be sure Katy Perry didn't steal Hot N Cold off this "beautiful" song??? XD

Also:
Have we heard Eddie or Frank's singing voice yet?

Won't be surprised if they also sound like Jason with that Italian American accent :p

Last edited:
To me, it sounds like James Porte in all the background vocals, along with some Malachi thrown in here and there. For example, Porte mainly dominates background vocals on Breaking News (particularly in the multi layered "Jackson," the bridge and the chorus) and Fall in Love (such as in "says she wanna fall in love" and the chorus).

Are people here so familiar with James Porte's voice that they can be absolutely certain that he is in these songs? I've been following this since the beginning and I don't recall any James Porte comparison clips.

I thought James porte was listed in the song credits ?

He is...but I wouldn't be able to pick out his voice...I'm not familiar with it at all....If we're assuming it's JM singing these songs, I can't tell where James sings with him....

James Porte is listed as both a co-writer and backing vocalist on the three released Cascio tracks. I can easily pick out where it's him singing, as he and Malachi have two different distinctive voices. Porte sings no lead vocals, only background vocals.

"hnag!, so hot!"
Well the way he sings Exotic Dancer is a lot like how Jason would sing, he even does MJ-like adlibs "yeaaah!"

@AlwaysThere - no, it's clearly Jason singing the first part of the chorus of Fall In Love.

Happy Birthday Pentum!

Keep your head up! :D

Gonna shine his light on us today!

Hohhhhhhh!

Back