Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

If we get to end of September without an official announcement I will really start to doubt that the album will be coming out in November.

^^ Maybe they want to innovate the way to promote the album and first release it and then make an announcement, a kind of "opposite of unexpected" effect lol :)))

If we get to end of September without an official announcement I will really start to doubt that the album will be coming out in November.

Ditto.

Ditto. The first single is meant to be out early next month and we haven't heard anything whatsoever about it or the album. :-/

This is weird...
In the beginning when no one knew much about the album, the anticipation/excitement was just beginning to start...then as new info became available to us it got higher, higher, higher, Higher, and HIGHER as insiders revealed new information, then even HIGHER when news outlets started reporting it, and then when nothing really happened...it started going down...down..down...down...down when the news outlets stopped reporting it, down when the announcement "deadlines" weren't met...down, down....and now it's at a standstill - right where it was in the very beginning. Nobody is reporting anything, nobody is saying anything and nobody really knows anything.
Now we're back to waiting..

And to think...the roller coaster hasn't even started yet!

At this point, I'm lookin' forward to anything.
Anything from MJ now is a gift.

I'll go grab my bowl of pop corn.

smooth any info as to when news/announcement will come?

The DVD set shall contain unreleased archive footage and shall be focused on Short Films. Things you've never seen.

It's different from the album.

Thats fantastic, i'm very interested to see much more behind the scenes footage from the short films, im guessing there was alot of cool moments and amazing dancing cut from some of them, i reckon there were a seriously high amount of amazing moves cut from scream, cause they didn't fit with the flow or whatever, you can see a couple on the making of scream, and it'l be the same for his other videos.

Me too. Some official info has to come very very soon. Monday or Tuesday maybe.

This is weird...
In the beginning when no one knew much about the album, the anticipation/excitement was just beginning to start...then as new info became available to us it got higher, higher, higher, Higher, and HIGHER as insiders revealed new information, then even HIGHER when news outlets started reporting it, and then when nothing really happened...it started going down...down..down...down...down when the news outlets stopped reporting it, down when the announcement "deadlines" weren't met...down, down....and now it's at a standstill - right where it was in the very beginning. Nobody is reporting anything, nobody is saying anything and nobody really knows anything.
Now we're back to waiting..

And to think...the roller coaster hasn't even started yet!

At this point, I'm lookin' forward to anything.
Anything from MJ now is a gift.

I'll go grab my bowl of pop corn.

As soon as an official statement comes the exitement will be bigger than ever before. Then info about tracklist - Even bigger anticipation! Then comes the single - things explode!
THEN comes the album - MJJC breaks down.

The word at Sony for a new single is late October so there's still 5-6 weeks. Based on that, I would expect some sort of announcement or more information to be revealed very soon (this week, or next). I have not been notified of anything but my source has been extremely busy dealing with the autumn lineup and new releases so I haven't been in as much contact.

We are about 8-10 weeks away from the new album release. Don't lose hope, there will be something very soon.

Thanks for the update smooth.

In regards to the single though. First it was to be released late august, then it was late september, then it was early october, now it is late october. I just hope they don't delay the release of the album.

in my eyes its best to think the album will come out with the beginnin of next year so i wont be unhappy if the album wont release in november ;)

its so stupid that we still dont know about any official confirmation.. :/

First plan was for an end of June release, the estate agreed with Sony in subsequent meetings that it would be dis-respectful to capitalize on MJ's death with new music and that plan was curbed. They also needed more time to gather new music that was constantly coming in from producers MJ had worked with.

The backup plan was for a late August release for MJ's birthday. This again was delayed for reasons I am not 100% sure of. The only reason that was told to me was "plans were delayed for the birthday single as the estate wanted to stick with a November album release and thought a single in August would fade away and lose momentum for the new album"

The new plan is for an October single release closer to Halloween. This will crowd the single very close to the new album release and with the DVD and video game also hitting shelves in the following 30 days, it will be a huge news topic for the month. Sony plans to follow in the footsteps of The Beatles (2009) by stacking up a bunch of big releases in a short time. Announcements and more info will be trickling out very soon, it's inevitable.

I want to make it clear that never once have I heard anything about a 2011 release for this new album. It was August at one point, then switched to November and it has never changed!

Last edited:

Thanks for the info Smooth I trust in you! :) This waiting is so hard though I just want the single to be released already lol The last MJ single I bought instore was You Are Not Alone, I hope they release this one in stores too!

The new plan is for an October single release closer to Halloween. This will crowd the single very close to the new album release and with the DVD and video game also hitting shelves in the following 30 days, it will be a huge news topic for the month. Sony plans to follow in the footsteps of The Beatles (2009) by stacking up a bunch of big releases in a short time. Announcements and more info will be trickling out very soon, it's inevitable.

How soon is "very soon" ?

do you understand the previous attacks on you is because the announcements have never come in the supposed time frame you said.

I just can't wait to hear the new music and what the first single will be. I'm getting so anxious.

How soon is "very soon" ?

do you understand the previous attacks on you is because the announcements have never come in the supposed time frame you said.

According to Smooth possibly as soon as this or next week.

Michael Jackson’s New Album: So Close And Yet, So Far AwayBy: Roger Friedman in Music // September 6th, 2010 at 11:15 PM UTC

An album of Michael Jackson‘s unreleased music is still for a November release from Sony.

But really, among the insiders, no one knows what’s going to be on it. Or if it will be ready in time. The word is that Sony/Columbia Records chief Rob Stringer recently made a trip west to see what the heck is going on. It’s unclear what he found.

In the Jackson world, things are vaguer than ever on this subject.

My sources say there are different camps working on different tracks, and that at some point someone is going to have to make some decisions. One thing is for certain: no one is talking to Jackson’s long time engineer, Bruce Swedien, the man who actually knows what music is available from all his different sessions.

So producer Rodney Jerkins is working on a few tracks, I am told. Some of them may be from that group of songs Michael recorded with Eddie Cascio in his New Jersey home studio three summers ago.

On the other side, John McClain – Jackson’s co-executor and long time family friend– is said to be working on some songs with Michael’s brother Jackie Jackson. Jackie was recently put on the estate’s payroll as a family liaison. He’s said to be the “most reasonable” of the Jackson brothers, and the one with whom everyone gets along. Akon is also said to be working on one or two tracks.

But McClain is another issue. It was under his aegis that the unearthed song, “This Is It,” was produced and released as part of the movie and soundtrack of the same name. But the song wasn’t a hit. One listen to Paul Anka‘s version of it, live, and you see what could have been. Anka has another unreleased track in the Jackson archives.

But the clock is ticking: two months from a release date, and there’s no concept, title, artwork or marketing plan.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/09/06/michael-jacksons-new-album-so-close-and-yet-so-far-away

If the album's coming out in November, and it's basically done - just going through finishing touches...then why is Teddy Riley tweeting that he JUST started working on it (a few days ago)?

^ A bunch of producers are putting final touches on tracks. Riley, Jerkins are the main two. I have never heard anything about Akon even being involved. Friedmans article has errors. Jerkins is not working on Cascio tracks but rather old tracks the pair worked on around the Invincible time.

However, one thing that is true from this article.....there seems to be a real issue about the details. Nobody knows anything concrete which is why my details have been all over the place. The planning for this album has been HORRIBLE! Date changes all the time, disorganization is the best way to put it. It makes me look bad because they are always changing everything. I'm sure it will all come together though, my source is confident everything will make the November deadline.

smooth is the article correct that and there’s no concept, title, artwork or marketing plan? Because if this its possible this album could turn out to be a train wreck.

I was excited by hearing the next half of year would be a MJ year.

But thus far, nothing happened, no publicity, and no one cares any more.

You'll find that although I have been inclined to half believe Smooth's information that tells us the album will be in Novembeer, I said a looong time ago that the album was (in my opinion) more likely to be released in March next year. The main reasons I believed the November date was because Xmas would be approaching, resulting in a sales boom, plus we were given a November release date for the new game and DVD, and it would be crazy not to release it all in a similar timescale. THEN Master Moonwalker started saying the album would be out in March, which agreed with my thoughts. Also, other high profile artists stated announcing November release dates for their new album projects, which I assumed would lead MJ's album being delayed. Now we have rumours of the game being delayed intil March. Also, we still don't have ANY recent confirmation from Sony and the MJ Estate (I do not include the Vibe article as there was no proof IMO that the quotes were real - they recycled too much old information and information already being discussed on MJ boards).
If what RickD says is true that Sony still don't have any details about the album then I am now 100% certain the album WILL NOT be released in November. Also, after many months of secretive work on the MJ album, Sony are expecting details to leak onto the net BEFORE they are told by the MJ Estate? Sounds fishy to me.
Sony will not be able to do a proper job with the time available to them and so it would be better to release the album next year. It's a pity they'll miss the Xmas rush, but at least they'll have more chance of chart dominance in March when the Music scene is virtually dead and there'll be much less competition. If they don't know the tracklist and have no information about singles or promo, then all this needs to be sorted, but they won't do that until they have a fixed timescale from the Estate, which they don't appear to have. It sounds to me as though Sony have been hoping for a November release but the Estate haven't confirmed it, so Sony are left hanging.

silly SONYBMG persons? no news is good news
but no tv adds to promate this album?
like i say before i get emails from SONYBMG persons
what we already i know from SONYBMG
michael has 11 new albums coming out in the 7-8 years
and few other things like games/DVDS/ books other persons write about michael
docs that mite or mite not come out on tv all from michael's michael's estate voult
michael's album- beautiful soul of michael is coming out in novembmer 2010
news or romour the game is coming out in march 2011
a very strange romour im not where come about? i hear
off the wall-annverisery album coming out in 2011?
ok im going off topic
we will know while adds on tv will come out
things writing by media persons in magazines
or posters around the place

The first single is going to be released sooner than you think. This morning sony have blocked all the hold my hand songs on youtube

The first single is going to be released sooner than you think. This morning sony have blocked all the hold my hand songs on youtube
...great, it will happen what was very easy to predict, album with at least 2, 3 already leaked songs.
Thanks for the info!

^^ fake and posted once already. This one - again - fake.

Back