Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

Yeah... The fact that Ghosts is so unknown makes it even more attractive - especially if we take into consideration tha obvious lack of this type of video footage in the vaults.

it's fairly new and the quality is very good. IMO Ghosts is a small masterpiece - something that's never been done before and probably never will. They could totally milk it - MJ composed some of the score, he's done the choreography, there's behind the scenes filmed... Make it a Halloween special on TV, with people who worked on the project praising Michael and combine this with a DVD/BR release.

They could really play it well - but will they? It's up to them, I'd definitely go in that direction.

:clapping: I could not agree with you more! Most people have not seen it, but they NEED to. It is brilliant, and it's a masterpiece. Sony wants to make money, we want them to release this. I believe it would be a good seller.

Nope. They did play Fly Girl in that interview, but that's not the song we're talking about. During the interview, will.i.am plays a short snippet of a beat he created. Michael liked it so much, he got up and started dancing to it. Will says, "now that's a club banger right there". Michael said "I like what you did with the chords..." No doubt in my mind that is I'm Dreamin', but in the VERY early stages. It's quite obvious that Michael liked the song. It has never been put out by will.i.am. And this was at the very begining they started working together. I believe this one got finished. It should be on the album and should be the first single.

I'm Dreamin is a #1 hit waiting to happen. You read it here first.

Ah i know the one you mean, well it'l need A LOT of work to be michael jackson level, i'm not too keen on the sounds in it, but obvs it's not HQ, it sounds to dry and empty to me, but it's quiet funky. And i wouldn't be so sure that is I'm dreamin' they will have gone through hundreds of beats in there time together and i'll bet they had decided what they would play to the media before the interview, and i doubt michael would play something he was considering for use on an album in the future.

i can assure u when the first single is announced and played on raido and tv, the whole world will know about it.

i really want a club banger, for me tht be amazing, every1 dancing to a new mj song!

Is it just me or does it seem weird that we know all about the video game coming out in November but NOTHING (confirmed) about the album. We know the game name, we know the features, we've seen pictures, we've seen videos, etc. but NOTHING about the album. I really wouldn't be surprised if the album was delayed until next year.

^ can we stop going on about next year?
Enough folk here including me have friends at Sony & it is scheduled in Europe at least for a late Nov release.

All good, in the hood.

1976: The Jacksons
1977: Goin' Places
1978: Destiny / The Wiz / You Can't Get Out Of The Rain, Ease On Down The Road
1979: Off The Wall
1980: Triumph
1981: Live
1982-83: Thriller / E.T. Storybook / Someone In The Dark / Say, Say, Say, This Is The Man / The Making of Thriller
1984: Victory / Somebody's Watching Me
1985: We are the world / Eaten Alive
1986: Captain EO 3-D, We're Gonna Change The World / Another Part Of Me
1987: Bad / Bad Tour / Get It
1988: Moonwalker / Leave Me Alone / Come Together / Bad Tour / The Legend Continues
1989: (2300 Jackson Street) / Bad Tour
1990: You Were There
1991: Dangerous
1992: Oprah Interview / Someone Put Your Hand Out /Dangerous World Tour
1993: Dangerous World Tour / Dangerous short films VHS / accusations & speculations
1994: ...gap... due to accusations & speculations
1995: History / Mind Is The Magic / History on film
1996: History World Tour / Diane Sawyer Interview
1997: History World Tour / Blood On The Dance Floor / Ghosts VHS + On The Line / Elisabeth I Love You / History on film vol II
1998: ...gap...
1999: ...gap...
2000: ...gap...
2001: Invincible / MSG concert / United We Stand / If You'd Only Believe / What More Can I Give / Re-Issues Off The Wall/Thriller/Bad with unreleased songs
2002: ...gap...
2003: ...Bashir Interview / The Rebuttal / Private Home Movies / One More Chance / accusations & speculations / Numer Ones dvd
2004: ...trial.../Ultimate Collection with unreleased songs and Dangerous Tour DVD / The One dvd
2005: ...trial... & the truth
2006: Visionary box
2007: ...gap...
2008: ...gap...
2009: ...the day the Earth stood silent... / This Is It

2010: ...running... Video game? New album? New DVD? ... who cares now? The Man is no longer with us, it is sad to say. But what many forget to see is that throughout all these years, The Man hasn't stopped working, producing and giving us all the magic he could, and that despite his difficult moments of life (we had the ultimate collection for example with unreleased stuff while he was fighting for his freedom and his life). The man has been giving us despite his unfortunately chaotic private life (divorces, trials, and witchhunting from Sneddon's part).

The Man, despite all that was giving to charities, visiting hospitals, but when his dark hour came many abandonned him, turned him their backs, denied him and even mocked him (Jay Leno, Eminem,...)

The Man, now that is no longer with us, all of sudden is mourned not only by his nation in "the land of the free and home of the weird", but by the entire planet all races, religions, colors, languages, countries united! Mourned like a modern day prophet who shared L.O.V.E. Something not a single serious politician achieved with goals to harmonize the world.

The Man, despite his absence is still continuing to inspire the world artistically and that very Man even dead has so many things to offer as a heritage to the future generations, and that, thanks to the fact that he hadn't stopped working.

Despite all of that some of you act like spoiled and unthankful children whining for a fast release of the new album out of selfishness. On top of that you demand the Man who's no longer with us to skyrocket the charts after all he had already achieved. Do you really think that the Man has something to prove or even to fear competition from instant artists who can't achieve the quarter of the half compared to what Michael had already achieved.

Last edited:

Just talked to my source at Sony. He confirmed that Stringer flew to LA last week to get some answers from the estate. I can confirm everyone is rushing around to make the November date. The single from the album won't be out until around Halloween timeframe. Announcement will not be coming this week at all I am told so don't hold your breath. Earliest time will be next week but most likely later in the month at this point. Sony has no clue right now when the message from the estate will come, so unfortunately I can't provide any insight on this at this moment in time.

So the good news is: the November date is still happening. Jerkins, Riley, Kravitz and any other producers with material have only a couple more weeks to finish their work and submit it to the estate who will have everything shipped out to Sony by mid October. This includes the album title, artwork, single artwork, single(s) selection, final tracklist in exact order, etc. Sony goes into production by late October in time for a mid November release.

So that's the current idea inside the Sony camp, there still is a bit of worry by some but my source remains confident that everything will come together in time! My source has a message for all MJ fans regarding the new album and I quote "The time has almost come now; Many of you have been patient and you will be rewarded for your patience very soon. We have many exciting projects coming over the next few years. It is our plan to keep the legacy of Michael Jackson alive for future generations to love and enjoy."

it will come, it will be emotion, but hold on! we will have our moment of michaelmania again, just imagine how your gonna feel when u get to hear the first line in the new single, it will be awesome.

Forever mj!

just hold on to your hats when it gets here....

1982-83: Thriller / E.T. Storybook / Someone In The Dark / Say, Say, Say, This Is The Man
1988: Moonwalker / Leave Me Alone / Come Together / Bad Tour
1993: Dangerous World Tour / accusations & speculations
1995: History / Mind Is The Magic
1997: History World Tour / Blood On The Dance Floor / Ghosts / Elisabeth I Love You
2001: Invincible / MSG concert / United We Stand / If You'd Only Believe / What More Can I Give / Re-Issues Off The Wall/Thriller/Bad with unreleased songs
2003: ...Bashir Interview / The Rebuttal / Private Home Movies / One More Chance / accusations & speculations
2004: ...trial.../Ultimate Collection with unreleased songs and Dangerous Tour DVD

2010: ...running... Video game? New album? New DVD? ... who cares now? The Man is no longer with us, it is sad to say. But what many forget to see is that throughout all these years, The Man hasn't stopped working, producing and giving us all the magic he could, and that despite his difficult moments of life (we had the ultimate collection for example with unreleased stuff while he was fighting for his freedom and his life). The man has been giving us despite his unfortunately chaotic private life (divorces, trials, and witchhunting from Sneddon's part).

The Man, despite all that was giving to charities, visiting hospitals, but when his dark hour came many abandonned him, turned him their backs, denied him and even mocked him (Jay Leno, Eminem,...)

The Man, now that is no longer with us, all of sudden is mourned not only by his nation in "the land of the free and home of the weird", but by the entire planet all races, religions, colors, languages, countries united! Mourned like a modern day prophet who shared L.O.V.E. Something not a single serious politician achieved with goals to harmonize the world.

The Man, despite his absence is still continuing to inspire the world artistically and that very Man even dead has so many things to offer as a heritage to the future generations, and that, thanks to the fact that he hadn't stopped working.

Despite all of that some of you act like spoiled and unthankful children whining for a fast release of the new album out of selfishness. On top of that you demand the Man who's no longer with us to skyrocket the charts after all he had already achieved. Do you really think that the Man has something to prove or even to fear competition from instant artists who can't achieve the quarter of the half compared to what Michael had already achieved.

I miss Mike...:cry:

Sc05, can't believe Bruce Swedien isn't involved, that's a shocker.

1982-83: Thriller / E.T. Storybook / Someone In The Dark / Say, Say, Say, This Is The Man
1997: History World Tour / Blood On The Dance Floor / Ghosts / Elisabeth I Love You
2003: ...Bashir Interview / The Rebuttal / Private Home Movies / One More Chance / accusations & speculations
2004: ...trial.../Ultimate Collection with unreleased songs and Dangerous Tour DVD

Great Post

The same Bruce Swedien who declined to stand up for Mike at the trial?

Anyway, like I said before, I see no need to get myself all in a funk awaiting this album, things and circumstances have greatly changed so whenever this album is released I will be there to support it without question. I'll always be there for MJ like always, but I would rather the powers that be take the time they need to put together something MJ would be proud of.

Patience is a virtue, I know its hard, but complaining won't change anything.

Bruce Swedien was no friend of MJ. He not only said he would never work with MJ again...but he insinuated MJ was guilty of child molestation.

The estate MUST NOT let Bruce Swedien anywhere near MJ's project.

I don't' care how many digs his buddy Roger Friedman throws at the estate. No Bruce Swedien on ANY MJ project.

The same Bruce Swedien who declined to stand up for Mike at the trial?

Anyway, like I said before, I see no need to get myself all in a funk awaiting this album, things and circumstances have greatly changed so whenever this album is released I will be there to support it without question. I'll always be there for MJ like always, but I would rather the powers that be take the time they need to put together something MJ would be proud of.

Patience is a virtue, I know its hard, but complaining won't change anything.

I tell you, its heartbreaking to know how much people turned their backs on MJ

Bruce Swedien was no friend of MJ. He not only said he would never work with MJ again...but he insinuated MJ was guilty of child molestation.

The estate MUST NOT let Bruce Swedien anywhere near MJ's project.

I don't' care how many digs his buddy Roger Friedman throws at the estate. No Bruce Swedien on ANY MJ project.

OMG why didn't I know that? :bugeyed Not to go off-topic but what did he say? I always thought Bruce Swedien was one of the 'good guys'.. guess not :(

OMG why didn't I know that? :bugeyed Not to go off-topic but what did he say? I always thought Bruce Swedien was one of the 'good guys'.. guess not :(

exactly what I wrote. Apparently MJ owed him money..so he put MJ on blast a few years ago.

He himself said he would never work with MJ again, so I don't understand why he is pushing his buddy Friedman to put his name in the MJ project mix.

I hope to God john Mcclain knows this and will not allow Swedien on the project...but I am sure MJ read what he had to say before he passed.

He's been using Friedman against MJ for years...now he's trying to do the same against the estate:

Here from Friedman in 2007:

***** Burns Final Bridge in Music Biz

Bruce Swedien, the man who recorded all of Michael Jackson’s adult hits including "Thriller," "Bad," "Dangerous" and "Off the Wall," is out.

Swedien, a lovely, soft-spoken man, said Jackson has cheated him out of about $500,000 in royalties from the 2001 "Invincible" album. Swedien said he’s tried over and over again to reach Jackson and get his money, but there’s been no answer.

Ironically, Swedien said intermediaries for the former pop star recently reached out to him to see if he’d come work with Jackson on a new album.

I will never [work] with Michael Jackson again,” Swedien told me the other day. “I still love him and we made beautiful music. But never again.”

Swedien also tried contacting Jackson to ask if he’d write a forward to a book the producer has just completed about their collaborations.

“There’s nothing about Michael’s personal life in it," he said. "It’s all about how we made the records. But I never heard back from him.”

Instead, Rod Temperton, who wrote many of Jackson’s hits, has written the introduction. “It’s beautiful,” Swedien said.

Swedien also tells me that Jackson has recently had contact with his other former producer, Quincy Jones. “But Quincy has no interest in working with Michael, and he and I work together. It’s not going to happen.”

For the record, Swedien — who recently moved to Florida from Connecticut and set up a new state-of-the-art studio — said he never saw anything untoward concerning Jackson and young boys.

If it was there, we didn’t know about it,” he said.

Swedien did confirm, however, that Jackson routinely had strange rules in the studio, including prohibiting underlings from looking at him or speaking to him.

Last edited:

Great great post! Thanks. Your post makes following this thread worthwhile.:clapping:

late nov/early dec release ahead for the CD.
Teddy Riley in the studio with photographer Harrison Funk shooting him (what's the use ??).

Just talked to my source at Sony. He confirmed that Stringer flew to LA last week to get some answers from the estate. I can confirm everyone is rushing around to make the November date. The single from the album won't be out until around Halloween timeframe. Announcement will not be coming this week at all I am told so don't hold your breath. Earliest time will be next week but most likely later in the month at this point. Sony has no clue right now when the message from the estate will come, so unfortunately I can't provide any insight on this at this moment in time.

So the good news is: the November date is still happening. Jerkins, Riley, Kravitz and any other producers with material have only a couple more weeks to finish their work and submit it to the estate who will have everything shipped out to Sony by mid October. This includes the album title, artwork, single artwork, single(s) selection, final tracklist in exact order, etc. Sony goes into production by late October in time for a mid November release.

So that's the current idea inside the Sony camp, there still is a bit of worry by some but my source remains confident that everything will come together in time! My source has a message for all MJ fans regarding the new album and I quote "The time has almost come now; Many of you have been patient and you will be rewarded for your patience very soon. We have many exciting projects coming over the next few years. It is our plan to keep the legacy of Michael Jackson alive for future generations to love and enjoy."

Thanks for the update Smooth, but I can't see why Sony are accepting this approach and still pushing for a Novemebr release date. How can they do a proper job promoting the album when they cannot guarantee the album is going to be ready in time? They can't implement a good promo strategy properly with such short notice.

If the get the album title, artwork, single artwork, single(s) selection, final tracklist etc. in mid October, sure they have plenty of time to manufacture the album, but they won't be able to book the best promo slots on radio or TV, the best billboards etc. Not only that, but they won't have had time to even design and produce good promo material. In order to produce a good advert on TV, in magazine or on a billboard they would need WAY MORE TIME!!!

With this timescale all Sony can do is the minimum, and that is not what this album deserves.

This is all assuming what they receive is acceptable, BUT how do Sony know that what the Estate send them is going to be acceptable? Or do Sony just have to work with what they're given?? Sony are the ones who should be deciding on the album artwork and have a say on the tracklist, NOT the MJ estate IMO.
What if the estate send Sony some cover art that is no good for marketting the album? It could be a perfectly good photo or design, but perhaps not quite 'right'. What if McClain picks a shoddy tracklist with too many songs that just should not be included? I don't trust him after his mistake with the song TII.

sorry for the negativity, but I think that considering they're not expecting anything until mid-October, and considering all the other high profile albums being released in November, the album should be delayed until next year. Don't forget, not only are these high profile albums being released, but they're working to a fixed timescale. they can book their promo slots. They can start work on the concepts for music videos, TV adverts, billboard posters etc because they are certain to release the album. Sony is almost paralised until mid-October, by which time it will be too late to catch up. MJ is at a distinct disadvantage in terms of marketting.

That, my friends, is a perfect post right there! Thank you, Bumper Snippet :flowers:

late nov/early dec release ahead for the CD.
Teddy Riley in the studio with photographer Harrison Funk shooting him (what's the use ??).

Huh? Why?...isn't he Randy Jackson's official photographer (see all the recent X17.com pictures).

It bothers me that no one but MJ fans knows a new MJ album is coming. I've told MANY of my friends that had NO IDEA.

Sony needs to put out a huge announcment very, very soon..

It bothers me that no one but MJ fans knows a new MJ album is coming. I've told MANY of my friends that had NO IDEA.

Sony needs to put out a huge announcment very, very soon..

If they don't I see another Invicible coming! :( :doh:

They need HUGE promotion. The promotion needs to be as big as it was for the HIStory album, maybe even bigger now MJ isn't here to promote it himself.

Come on SONY - make it HUGE !

Not only do not many people know it's coming, but those who are talking about (Q Magazine for example) are reporting incorrect facts (such as saying it will include 80s songs).

Regardless of release date, the estate should at least release a statement providing more details about the album, firstly to make people aware it is coming, and second to correct those inaccurate reports.

Details of other November releases have been released for ages now, yet still nothing from Sony or the MJ Estate. disorganisation, delays and confusion seem to be a sad part of everything the Jackson name touches these days.

Like I said in an earlier post, they can simply do something each month now. Release an announcement regarding the album on 9/14. Release the first single on 10/12 or 10/19. Release the album 11/16. Something like that would make sense.

Argh, the Illuminati...

Back