Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread - Discussion Only

There have been no delays so far. People interpret the word "soon" in their own way.

Facts are this:

There have been NO plans to announce anything yet. This means there have been no announcement delays. Sony have been hoping for more info for a while, told me they expected it "soon", but they have never told they planned to announce anything. Just coz Sony knows something doesn't mean they will announce it.

There have also been NO plans to release a single. Not in late june or early July, and not around MJ's bday. Therefore that means there have been no single delays either.

Sony is still waiting for artwork, let alone an album from the estate. Sony is not even sure when artwork will arrive. They told me this direct.

All the forum speculation around is purely that; speculation. People hearing things and rumors and interpreting it in their own way.

Nothing factual is known yet.

Games, games.
Ortega said a year ago that new songs were ready to be performed at TII concerts.
Why are THEY prolonging it so damn much ?!
I am so hungry for Michael"s music...but I have a feeling that Sony will mess up again.

First plan was for an end of June release, the estate agreed with Sony in subsequent meetings that it would be dis-respectful to capitalize on MJ's death with new music and that plan was curbed. They also needed more time to gather new music that was constantly coming in from producers MJ had worked with.

The backup plan was for a late August release for MJ's birthday. This again was delayed for reasons I am not 100% sure of. The only reason that was told to me was "plans were delayed for the birthday single as the estate wanted to stick with a November album release and thought a single in August would fade away and lose momentum for the new album"

The new plan is for an October single release closer to Halloween. This will crowd the single very close to the new album release and with the DVD and video game also hitting shelves in the following 30 days, it will be a huge news topic for the month. Sony plans to follow in the footsteps of The Beatles (2009) by stacking up a bunch of big releases in a short time. Announcements and more info will be trickling out very soon, it's inevitable.

I want to make it clear that never once have I heard anything about a 2011 release for this new album. It was August at one point, then switched to November and it has never changed!

There have been no delays so far. People interpret the word "soon" in their own way.

Facts are this:

There have been NO plans to announce anything yet. This means there have been no announcement delays. Sony have been hoping for more info for a while, told me they expected it "soon", but they have never told they planned to announce anything. Just coz Sony knows something doesn't mean they will announce it.

There have also been NO plans to release a single. Not in late june or early July, and not around MJ's bday. Therefore that means there have been no single delays either.

Sony is still waiting for artwork, let alone an album from the estate. Sony is not even sure when artwork will arrive. They told me this direct.

All the forum speculation around is purely that; speculation. People hearing things and rumors and interpreting it in their own way.

Nothing factual is known yet.

So one of you says there's been delays, and the other says there's been no delays.

To be honest, it seems more likely to me that they'd get everything together and then start announcing stuf, which would fit in line with the "no delays" theory or info. I figured they'd release any information whenever they're ready and let the fans stew in speculation to build hype.

Reactions: Jan

So one of you says there's been delays, and the other says there's been no delays.

So what do we learn here? Just sit back and wait until there comes an official announcement ;)

What to think, what to think.

Hopefully next week will bring an announcement.

^When I say delays I'm referring to tentative ideas being changed. Damien is right that nothing has been released publicly thus no official delays. But Sony had an idea of a timeline based on talks with the estate and that has been pushed back.

Now if for whatever reason the album gets pushed into 2011, that would be a real delay as Sony and the estate have already promised the album for November.

Last edited:

At this point i wouldn't even be surprised if the album doesn't come out this year. Maybe it's better to just expect that as well, cause if that's the case...the dissapointment won't be so big really.

Ok, no official facts so far.
Makes me wonder about the whole idea of leaking info and us being interested in that :mello:
but anyway, we would love to be the first to know. I don't even know what for; if the album is out someday, we would know for sure, so who cares.

I keep waiting.

If this thing gets delayed till next year, I'll be pissed off regardless weather they announce a delay now, next month or November. I want new music now!

Rihanna is releasing a new album in November titled "Loud". This will be another competitor for MJ.

^
No it won't. Mike's the King.

Rihanna is releasing a new album in November titled "Loud". This will be another competitor for MJ.

judging by her previous sales for RATED R , he has nothing 2 worry about. Michael will outsell rhianna nicki minaj taylor swift and susan boyle

No offenses at a personal level, but I think it is time we stop worrying about who else is realeasing or not releasing a new album in November. Michael's situation is completely different, it's unique and not only because he is the huge mega ARTIST he is, but due to the present circumstances we all know.

Almost 10 years waiting for new music? ain't that enough?

There will ALWAYS be people releasing new material, and I doubt they will wait untill there is no other album on the horizon to make the release. That's impossible to ask for. If so, then no one would be realeasing albums at all, please :doh:

Michael's new album will outsell everyone

James Blunt is also releasing an album in November, another competition in UK and europe
but personally I don't doubt that if Sony will promote the new album properly, Mike will easily outsell them all

Please do not have the first single be Hold My Hand. Please do not have Hold My hand on the album.

We have all heard it already, and quite frankly........its crap. Apart from the first verse.

Please do not have the first single be Hold My Hand. Please do not have Hold My hand on the album.

We have all heard it already, and quite frankly........its crap. Apart from the first verse.

It will be too weak for a first single, if he is going to go against these people, the single needs to be amazingly catchy and infectious, people just can't ignore music like that.

MJ has no competition. He is (and continues to be) rhe biggest selling recording artist in histoy.

James Blunt is also releasing an album in November, another competition in UK and europe
but personally I don't doubt that if Sony will promote the new album properly, Mike will easily outsell them all

LOL, so is Nadean Coyle, and U2? November is THE month for music lovers lol

I'm Dreamin' should be the first single. Get out a club banger first.

I think its pointless to suggest a lead single with out hearing any of the songs, Hold My Hand and Another Day are the only songs we can judge at this point

I'm Dreamin' should be the first single. Get out a club banger first.
How do you know if I'm Dreamin' is a 'club banger'? :blink: But I agree the first single should be a club banger, at least I'd love that! Keeping my fingers crossed :angel:

How do you know if I'm Dreamin' is a 'club banger'? :blink: But I agree the first single should be a club banger, at least I'd love that! Keeping my fingers crossed :angel:

All evidence collected by quotes from will.i.am would indicate that I'm Dreamin' is a party record. In fact, I am willing to take a guess that part of the Access Hollywood interview that had played a short demo of a track that made Michael get up and dance is indeed a small early stages sample of I'm Dreamin'. Michael liked that beat and it has NOT been on any will.i.am production yet.

All evidence collected by quotes from will.i.am would indicate that I'm Dreamin' is a party record. In fact, I am willing to take a guess that part of the Access Hollywood interview that had played a short demo of a track that made Michael get up and dance is indeed a small early stages sample of I'm Dreamin'. Michael liked that beat and it has NOT been on any will.i.am production yet.

If it's not I'm Dreamin' it must be one of the 8 songs they did together, because - as you say - this melody/beat wasn't used in any music composed by Will. And it's too good to remain unreleased. But from what Will said, it seems it quite possibly might be I'm Dreamin'.

Isn't it just like fly girl though, by will.i.am?

Nope. They did play Fly Girl in that interview, but that's not the song we're talking about. During the interview, will.i.am plays a short snippet of a beat he created. Michael liked it so much, he got up and started dancing to it. Will says, "now that's a club banger right there". Michael said "I like what you did with the chords..." No doubt in my mind that is I'm Dreamin', but in the VERY early stages. It's quite obvious that Michael liked the song. It has never been put out by will.i.am. And this was at the very begining they started working together. I believe this one got finished. It should be on the album and should be the first single.

I'm Dreamin is a #1 hit waiting to happen. You read it here first.

Nope. They did play Fly Girl in that interview, but that's not the song we're talking about. During the interview, will.i.am plays a short snippet of a beat he created. Michael liked it so much, he got up and started dancing to it. Will says, "now that's a club banger right there". Michael said "I like what you did with the chords..." No doubt in my mind that is I'm Dreamin', but in the VERY early stages. It's quite obvious that Michael liked the song. It has never been put out by will.i.am. And this was at the very begining they started working together. I believe this one got finished. It should be on the album and should be the first single.

I'm Dreamin is a #1 hit waiting to happen. You read it here first.

oh yes, i remember the one your refering to, can you embed a video containing it into the thread, cause i can't find it.

Back