Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

But the point remains, this is an album of songs recorded in the 00's.... and there is a 25 year old picture of Michael on the cover.

I'm looking forward to the new music a lot! And I'm incredibly excited about it ,but

80's pictures for 2000's Music...Why?...I'm not going to say it's a bad cover, because it'ss kinda neat, but it's so annoying when there is the constant avoidance of the way he looked in the 90's and 2000's.

I can't find the album on Amazon!!

Anyone who has a link?

The Love Symbol from Prince is on the Cover of the New MJ Album
Biggest Mistake ever !!!!

It's on the elephant on the right of the artwork

Wait a second...a few pages back, didn't somebody say that releasing the Cirque du Soleil announcement AND the new album announcement the same week would be "PR suicide"....?????

Just made this:

80049507.jpg

I LOVE HOW THE FIRST SONG IS CALLED "BREAKING NEWS"!!!!!

Brilliant :D

I don't mind the cover. I kind of like it. :) I hope it continues with HIStory and Invincible (and maybe TII in some way?) on the back, but in any case I like it. And I know that no matter WHAT cover (ANY cover) was chosen, some people would hate it. :lol: Fact. No matter what, someone's not going to like it, so there's no way for everyone to love it anyway. It could be the coolest dang cover ever made and someone would be here saying, "I don't like it at all". :hysterical: So, whichever.

I'm just trying to comprehend this on a deeper level.... on MONDAY (MONDAY!) we're going to hear a NEW song from 2007 streaming... oh, the joy and elation and the tears of sadness that still follow...

just put in my request to my mom she was like you mean on top of the dvd thats coming theres a cd too how much is it
me i dont care GET IT

we get this wonderful news we have all been waiting for and y'all Still bitch.... its very depressing.

It's not b*tching if the cover just doesn't turn you on. Everyone's entitled to their opinions.

Oh since all of the MJ eras has been named after his albums, so will this era be called 'Michael'? :scratch::mello: That's lame if you ask me. For the album name it works, but not for the era name.

Just made this:

80049507.jpg

It looks like you should place "Michael" after "Thriller" and before "Bad".

Okay, that's my last dig about the cover. I'm sorry, but I feel offended for Michael that they chose this as the cover.

Nice work, Alec :)

Just made this:

80049507.jpg

:punk::punk::punk::punk:

IMO this is the best cover. Only Dangerous is better.

Can someone make like a wallpaper out of this?

i am fine with the artwork. would not be surprised if it turns out be be an animation in the trailer. this montage is perfect for it. imagine: the collage being put together into the frame, piece by piece to it's final position. first michael, than the moon in the back, layer by layer and so on...his eyes could be closed at first, open up, the crown sinks down, the smooth criminal goes into the lean and the camera flashes... that would be charming.

I really like the album cover as a work itself and I hope it continues on the back. But I have to admit, it would be more appropriate if they started with a recent pic, and went back in time with the OTW/Thriller/Bad being on the back.

But hey, that's just me. And I am nitpicking. I am still thrilled about everything. I don't know how to get up from my desk!! LOL!

Seriously, how the f^% can fans be complaining about this?

And whose face is there above Michael's Off The Wall photo in the left corner of the cover ?

There's a Prince symbol on the cover.

I like the cover. I just wish they used his real pictures instead of the those paintings that look like him.

The face next to the OFF THE WALL pose, is Marthin Luther King.

Seriously, how the f^% can fans be complaining about this?

If 80's pictures for an album cover to represent 2000's Material makes sense to you, then more power to you..but personally, I don't get it. I would have preferred seeing a painting/picture of Michael looking they way he did when he actually made the music (recent pictures)

The cover art continues, it's only PART of the full painting...

Just posted about the new album on another music board.

Someone replied with this:

"Isn't their controversy about who is actually singing on these songs? Micheals family were claiming that some impostor sang on some of them?"

Looking at the the center picture of Michael I can't help but laugh thinking how that was him when he was living at his parent's house as a young man, when in reality he is a 50 year old man with homes all over the world trotting the globe with his own kids who were almost pre-teens at the time the actually music was conceived. It just seems so paradoxal.

I love the front art, i'm realy looking forward to buy this album.

Back