Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

Are they ashamed of how he looked in the last decade??

Yep. Magic formula, go with the scandal-free era. Too bad they are marketing it to the people that aren't going to buy the album and turned their backs on Michael instead of the current fans.

I just don't know how Michael's kids are going to accept the cover when they get their hands on it. Blanket is going to probably ask who that is. Dark skinned afroed and Jerry curled Michael is not the same as the long straight haired Michael he knew.

z4i-album.jpg

What's NLP? That's E.T.'s spaceship...

I just love it:wub: How can I sleep tonight :wild:

I just don't know how Michael's kids are going to accept the cover when they get their hands on it. Blanket is going to probably ask who that is. Dark skinned afroed and Jerry curled Michael is not the same as the long straight haired Michael he knew.

Of course it is. That's his father.

Not so keen on the cover (if that even is the entire cover that is) but still... finally! *Hallelujah!!* It's going to be a one freaking looooong weekend ahead while waiting to hear the NEW song on monday! Hopefully the teaser released tomorrow will contain some clips! :wild:

Back to the cover pic, is that HIStory statue on right, above Dangerous eyes? :punk:

EVERYONE - Change your profile picture on Facebook Twitter etc etc for the new cower art.

WE the fans need to get focus on this album NOW! Facebook is a great way to start. And Twitter!

GO PROMOTE THE ALBUM FOR MJ SINCE HE CAN'T !!

L.O.V.E.

OMG I did that before you said it, it is great idea..

TMZ claims that 3 cascio tracks will be on the album

Sony is doing exactly what I suggested....with the exception that we don't have a track listing yet.

1. Got a name for the album....I love the idea of calling it Michael. This in itself is a self titled album. People will concentrate more on the music, not the name of the album and criticize it like they did to Invincible.

2. we got the release date set. No date in November, but will be here before Xmas...a great late Xmas gift to get. This is SO going on my list.

3. They're giving us a preview of one of the tracks (Breaking News). This has to be to shoot down the rumors of weather it's MJ singing or not. I wonder if this is one of the Casico tracks.

I'm VERY happy about this. Now let's see the final track listing and what song is the 1st single please! :)

The artist of the cover seems like he wanted to replicate the complexity of the Dangerous album but ultimately falls flat.

PS. I don't think that's his intention but that's what it looks like.

Anyway it's just a cover, now for breaking news :D :D

BAAAAAAH CAN'T WAIT HYPE OVERLOAD!!!!!!!

smiles_au;3046396 said:
LOL there is a Prince love symbol in a bubble next to the lion... FAIL

I noticed that too when I was inspecting the cover. Maybe singer Prince was really important in Michael's live: ''The attached image of the album cover of MICHAEL was created by painter Kadir Nelson in 2009. In the oil painting, Kadir – who is known for story telling through his art – takes us on a journey through some key moments and important people in Michael Jackson’s life.'' Or maybe Kadir thought the symbol was Michael's? Is it correct I see a popcorn and a fish in two other bubbles (at the Smooth Criminal scene), what are your thoughts?

Sony is doing exactly what I suggested....with the exception that we don't have a track listing yet.

1. Got a name for the album....I love the idea of calling it Michael. This in itself is a self titled album. People will concentrate more on the music, not the name of the album and criticize it like they did to Invincible.

2. we got the release date set. No date in November, but will be here before Xmas...a great late Xmas gift to get. This is SO going on my list.

3. They're giving us a preview of one of the tracks (Breaking News). This has to be to shoot down the rumors of weather it's MJ singing or not. I wonder if this is one of the Casico tracks.I'm VERY happy about this. Now let's see the final track listing and what song is the 1st single please! :)

Yes, this is supposedly one of 3 Casico tracks on the album. If you believe TMZ.

I like the art work. While I agree there should be more recent pics on it, I'm not going to throw a hissy fit like some people about it. IMO it turned out better than I thought it could have. I sure like it better than the blue eye pictures.

Goodnight everyone I am up for a good sleep with all this great news

The artist of the cover seems like he wanted to replicate the complexity of the Dangerous album but ultimately falls flat.

PS. I don't think that's his intention but that's what it looks like.

Anyway it's just a cover, now for breaking news :D :D

BAAAAAAH CAN'T WAIT HYPE OVERLOAD!!!!!!!

I saw 296 I think.

:punk: It's crazy. I'm amazed MJJC isn't breaking down due to traffic.

AND AGAIN:

EVERYONE - Change your profile picture on Facebook Twitter etc etc for the new cower art.

WE the fans need to get focus on this album NOW! Facebook is a great way to start. And Twitter!

GO PROMOTE THE ALBUM FOR MJ SINCE HE CAN'T !!

L.O.V.E.

Eddie Cascio:

1. Water
2. Breaking News
3. Burn Tonight

I know 3/12 songs from Cascio sessions.. Do you know other titles??

I just love the cover! To be quite honest the best MJ's album cover to date (in my opinion, of course). I'm really happy that Michael is so popular now.

I'm so excited I get to hear new Michael music soon!

Last edited:
Urvino;3046443 said:
I noticed that too when I was inspecting the cover. Maybe singer Prince was really important in Michael's live: ''The attached image of the album cover of MICHAEL was created by painter Kadir Nelson in 2009. In the oil painting, Kadir – who is known for story telling through his art – takes us on a journey through some key moments and important people in Michael Jackson’s life.'' Or maybe Kadir thought the symbol was Michael's? Is it correct I see a popcorn and a fish in two other bubbles (at the Smooth Criminal scene), what are your thoughts?

Go to the amazon.com entry for the new cd (linked below) and click on "zoom" on the image, that's the most high-res copy i've seen. you can zoom in 3 times. if you do, you can see it's a golden fish and i THINK a piece of popcorn on the right-side by smooth criminal

on the left side there's a pair of his raybans and a fedora in the other bubbles
amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/MICHAEL-Micha...=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1288907367&sr=1-1

I just read on a Prince forum that the UFO on the cover is the ship from E.T.

Yep. Magic formula, go with the scandal-free era. Too bad they are marketing it to the people that aren't going to buy the album and turned their backs on Michael instead of the current fans.

There is only ONE Michael Jackson. Doesn't matter whether his skin is dark or fair. Doens't matter whether his hair is curled or straight. I'm sure his children see through skin color and recognize his daddy for who he truly was.

His soul is the same. His heart is the same. His smile is the same. His eyes are the same.

Can we for one moment be happy for what we are about to get? The Estate is not ashamed of anything. They just do whatever they need to do to ensure success of this album. Don't you see the artwork of the Cirque show? They used the image from the Dangerous era.

There is nothing wrong with the cover. At least, they don't use the Billie Jean pose or the Black or White dance sequence. The painting is creative. The images are iconic.

Before, I also wanted the Estate to be "risky" and use a recent photo. But now, after hearing the announcement and seeing the cover. I don't need anything more. I'm happy and grateful.

Michael continues to amaze me and enrich my life.

People complaining about the cover, think about this..

If you look at it carefully, you see the left of the cover has Off The Wall Era, more to the right is Thriller Era, then Bad Era, then a tiny bit of Dangerous/HIStory eras.. so i am almost certain on the back cover will be more Dangerous/HIStory/Invincible eras. Hope that made sense!

Go and promote guys, I feel it is our duty as fans to help promote the album as much as possible.

Yes, but why choose that as the album cover? Presumeably the album will consist of mostly new material recorded in the last decade. So why the hell have they used a painting where the main central shot is of Michael from the Thriller era??

Are they ashamed of how he looked in the last decade??

Quite simply, yes. And it has been that way for a long time. Very disappointed in the artwork I have to say. And that is my opinion, which I am entitled to before people jump on it. Some of the covers that fans made here on MJJC were excellent! And beautiful, just as Michael was until, well, you know. In fact I believe he never stopped getting more beautiful.

I can not wait to hear his voice, on something we haven't heard before. It's going to be very special.

Wow...Monday is seriously going to be OVERLOADED with MJ news...with the Oprah interview airing AND the single! OMGGG!!

Back