Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

Who is cascio ?? Amazing news Im so happy for this one. its a gift from Michael to us. its personal from him to us which feeels amazing. Love u Mike.

I like the art work. While I agree there should be more recent pics on it, I'm not going to throw a hissy fit like some people about it. IMO it turned out better than I thought it could have. I sure like it better than the blue eye pictures.

Using pictures from the 80's as an album cover for music from the 2000's just doesn't make sense... Oh and people saying they upset over the art work doesn't make them having a "hissy fit", they are just stating how they feel about it, and it's completely understandable, as you said, there should be more recent pictures of Michael. This isn't an 80's album, none of the songs will even be from that decade..It's a nice looking cover, but it's so non representative of what people will be listening to on the album.

As someone said before, I hope this is just the concept of the art, and that the official cover will actually have pictures of the man looking like he did when he MADE the songs.

People complaining about the cover, think about this..

If you look at it carefully, you see the left of the cover has Off The Wall Era, more to the right is Thriller Era, then Bad Era, then a tiny bit of Dangerous/HIStory eras.. so i am almost certain on the back cover will be more Dangerous/HIStory/Invincible eras. Hope that made sense!

i didnt noticed before... you may be right!

Who is cascio ?? Amazing news Im so happy for this one. its a gift from Michael to us. its personal from him to us which feeels amazing. Love u Mike.

Eddie "Angel" Cascio was Michael's close friend and his parents are close family friends with Katherine Jackson.

Woot!!!

People complaining about the cover, think about this..

If you look at it carefully, you see the left of the cover has Off The Wall Era, more to the right is Thriller Era, then Bad Era, then a tiny bit of Dangerous/HIStory eras.. so i am almost certain on the back cover will be more Dangerous/HIStory/Invincible eras. Hope that made sense!

I agree

The cover isn't the best album cover I have ever seen, but there have been worse - just think of the History album cover, LOL.

It doesn't really matter. The music does.

Quite simply, yes. And it has been that way for a long time. Very disappointed in the artwork I have to say. And that is my opinion, which I am entitled to before people jump on it. Some of the covers that fans made here on MJJC were excellent! And beautiful, just as Michael was until, well, you know. In fact I believe he never stopped getting more beautiful.

I can not wait to hear his voice, on something we haven't heard before. It's going to be very special.

I like the artwork but you have a very valid point hunny. We were both swooning over pictures of Michael from the last decade on my phone in the pub on Saturday because of how stunning he looked. He was beautiful in the last decade and never stopped being beautiful so yes it should have been reflected in the artwork.

we get this wonderful news we have all been waiting for and y'all Still bitch.... its very depressing.

This is amazing news. I guess they got everything together for this afternoon. Great to see. The new album era is upon us, I am sooo excited!!

"...Eddie Cascio, 28, is the son of Dominick and Connie Cascio, who were friends with Jackson since the 1990s. The family has frequently visited Katherine Jackson's home since the King of Pop's death."

There is only ONE Michael Jackson. Doesn't matter whether his skin is dark or fair. Doens't matter whether his hair is curled or straight. I'm sure his children see through skin color and recognize his daddy for who he truly was.

His soul is the same. His heart is the same. His smile is the same. His eyes are the same.

Can we for one moment be happy for what we are about to get? The Estate is not ashamed of anything. They just do whatever they need to do to ensure success of this album. Don't you see the artwork of the Cirque show? They used the image from the Dangerous era.

There is nothing wrong with the cover. At least, they don't use the Billie Jean pose or the Black or White dance sequence. The painting is creative. The images are iconic.

Before, I also wanted the Estate to be "risky" and use a recent photo. But now, after hearing the announcement and seeing the cover. I don't need anything more. I'm happy and grateful.

Michael continues to amaze me and enrich my life.

right and seeing as how he had pictures of himself up in the house i dotn see why they would ask who that is...and blanket adores the "thriller" video so....=/

Thanks smooth_criminal05, mickeyj007, Eleonora87, and damian_shields.

I'm only happy to hear his voice again... I don't like the artwork (mtv, prince wtf?!) and mostly off the wall, thriller and bad era pics...

Quite simply, yes. And it has been that way for a long time. Very disappointed in the artwork I have to say. And that is my opinion, which I am entitled to before people jump on it. Some of the covers that fans made here on MJJC were excellent! And beautiful, just as Michael was until, well, you know. In fact I believe he never stopped getting more beautiful.

I can not wait to hear his voice, on something we haven't heard before. It's going to be very special.

I agree. I've seen much better covers on this board. MJ's had some brilliant photo sessions in the last decade. Simple, classy shots where he looks great. Why couldn't they have used one of those pictures?

The more I look at the cover, it does seem very to MJ's taste. He loved anything loud and OTT. And the cover does look as if it's going to fold out to reveal images from the rest of his career.

But the point remains, this is an album of songs recorded in the 00's.... and there is a 25 year old picture of Michael on the cover.

The gold part on the right side is the HIStory statue so it does follow along ... to INvincible nad beyond I imagine

This is amazing news. I guess they got everything together for this afternoon. Great to see. The new album era is upon us, I am sooo excited!!

smooth do you know will the will.i.am tracks be included?? can you ask your source, please??

The "Micheal Era"?

Whoever said his kids won't recognize him: I find that a bit offensive to Michael and also to his kids, to be honest. Those kids aren't stupid. They know their father. They know his videos - also from the Thriller era and Off the wall era. They are not retarded.

There's the Prince symbol in a bubble on the far right!
OMG, good catch. Wth?? :lol: At first I thought people must be mistaken and it's just a venus symbol, but no... that's Prince. :scratch:

Just got an email from mj.com and it says December 10th in Germany! :wild:

Go and promote guys, I feel it is our duty as fans to help promote the album as much as possible.

AGREED:

EVERYONE - Change your profile picture on Facebook Twitter etc etc for the new cower art.

WE the fans need to get focus on this album NOW! Facebook is a great way to start. And Twitter!

GO PROMOTE THE ALBUM FOR MJ SINCE HE CAN'T !!

L.O.V.E.

I think the cover art fits perfectly.

The COVER IS ART ! It's great!

now we have OTW-era, Thriller-era, BAD-era, Dangerous-era, HIStory-era, Invincible-era and - Michael-era.

Only Michael-era is 1958-forever.

OMG, it's AMAZING!!!! I love it so much!!

SO nice that this would have been approved by everyone, his kids, family, the Estate, Sony. Michael would have loved it. Will fit so nicely next to Dangerous and I love that the main images are from each era.

Please fans who are already complaining - give it up! This will be a legendary album and remembered forever. Support it don't bash it.

We love you MJ x

this just made my day! great news, can't wait..

and the artwork.. I like the concept, but I think I would have done it better, they should have hired me for that hehe.. I wish..

OMG, good catch. Wth?? :lol: At first I thought people must be mistaken and it's just a venus symbol, but no... that's Prince. :scratch:

Just got an email from mj.com and it says December 10th in Germany! :wild:

WHAT !!

I'm going to buy a copy from amazon.de then. !!

I wonder when it will be released in Denmark.

This past year has been one heck of a roller coaster...and so has this thread. Right now our crazy roller coaster is at the very top :D.

Back