Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

New Zealand fans that will be 5pm Monday for us
Australia 3pm Monday

:D

When will it appear on Denmark? ;/

It really bothers me that the media is buying into this fake nonsense. I'm surprised they can't see through it all...I guess they just like the controversial headlines. It's a shame because after this Oprah episode airs, most people are gunna think it's fake.

This is how bad it is... I have a friend from Australia who's a major MJ fan and on holiday in USA right now. I facebooked his page linking article about new album asking if he's managed to hear about the new album while on holiday. His reply was "yeah man i heard coz the song MJ's mum released is all over the news. It sounds awesome!"... WTF! Honestly, how dumb are people? A 32 year old song has been BADLY remixed and it's getting media attention over the BREAKING NEWS TEASER!!!

Cool! Thanks Gaz!

And guys, I collected a list of definite and maybe-tracks for a track list.

DEFINITELY AND CONFIRMED (by Sony or collaborators)
Breaking News
Lovely Way (written by Mark Ronson)
Another Day (Written by/with Lenny Kravitz)
Much To Soon (Tommy Emmanuel on guitar) (via Damien Shields)

MAYBE
Monster
Water
Keep Your Head Up
All I Need
Hold My Hand (with Akon)

Anything I've missed?

Last edited:

Twitter:

@ONLY1DARKCHILD
Rodney Jerkins
Been getting alot of twits about MJ's lp. Just wanted to let everyone know that I did not work on this particular album. Thx, Rj

Really? That would mean we will get a Invincible 10th anniversary Edition.
I would love that.:angel:

Hopefully TOMORROW when the FULL "Breaking News" track hits the internet all will be forgotten with Katherine, and the Breaking News track will go viral and become HUGE! :)

6 am?! :D what a way to get up! :woohoo:

New tweet from Teddy!!!

Question: I really like 2000 watts but can you clear something up? ppl say MJ's voice is pitch shifted to make it deeper is that true?
Teddy: That is not true.

Cool! Thanks Gaz!

Breaking News
Lovely Way (written by Mark Ronson)
Another Day (Written by/with Lenny Kravitz)
Much To Soon (Tommy Emmanuel on guitar) (via Damien Shields)

MAYBE
Monster
Water
Keep Your Head Up
All I Need
Hold My Hand (with Akon)

Anything I've missed?

Lovely way has been confirmed to exist, but when was it confirmed to be on the album?

Re: The Official New Album Thread -"Breaking News" Announcement Page 464

Hopefully TOMORROW when the FULL "Breaking News" track hits the internet all will be forgotten with Katherine, and the Breaking News track will go viral and become HUGE! :)

^ It will appear on after tomorrow.. not tomorrow..

Of course it's Michael's voice.. You can't beat his natural voice, so why would they want to? Don't believe the rumours it's not his voice, that's rubbish!

:)

Exactly. I say it's Michael voice too. That's why I feel like everyone involved with this project from Teddy Riley right down the line to Eddie Cascio need to say something about the crap that's going on. The producers reputations are at stake in this too because they are all basically being called liars who are trying to fool the public. And Sony and the Estate are being accused as well. And they all worked to hard to get where they are for something like this to be ignored. The media are trying to hurt Michael and his legacy, as usual. But they're also hurting the people who I bet sometimes stayed up all night just to do something to make folks happy.

Last edited:

That would be great

Thanks for the info Gary. :) Still trying to work out in my little head what UK time that is. :ninja:

Yes!! Thanks for telling us the time!
I have no idea how late that will be for me over here but there's still time to figure that out. ;)
I'm afraid it's either going to be really late in the evening or really early in the morning or something.
Doesn't matter though, can't wait to hear the song :)

ok people

You Heard it here first

I can confirm that "Breaking News" will air on michaeljackson.com at midnight ET on monday morning.

Obviously give or take some time in case it is a little late while they go live.

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Thanks for the Info :D

MJultimatemusiclegen;3051669 said:
Lovely way has been confirmed to exist, but when was it confirmed to be on the album?

FROM MJSTAR:

Album Update: Mark Ronson Reveals Title Of New Song

Mark Ronson reveals for the first time – the brand new exclusive song “Lovely Way”.

“Everyone’s familiar with Michael’s early songs from the 70s but no-one has ever heard this kind of production. It’s a really beautiful song called Lovely Way. I don’t know if it’s made the album but I hope he would dig it if he was here. It’s in the vein of Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and John Lennon’s Imagine.”

However speaking to the NME, Mark confirms his Michael Jackson song is included on the new album.

Source: DailyStar / NME

^ It will appear on after tomorrow.. not tomorrow..

Forgive me for confusing people in other countries :) Sorry... but right now in Australia its 6.42am on Sunday and the track will be released 2pm Monday. So here, it really is coming out "tomorrow" :)

Cool! Thanks Gaz!

Breaking News (probably written/composed by MJ and Angel, additional production by Teddy Riley)
Lovely Way (written by Michael Jackson, composed by MJ & Mark Ronson) Ronson says he was sent the vocal track (so the lyrics were finished, the main vocal melody too) and he composed the rest. Actually this isn't confirmed to be on the album, just considered.
Another Day (Written by and composed by Lenny Kravitz)
Much To Soon (Tommy Emmanuel on guitar, originally written in 1981, possibly re-recorded/reworked for a new album in the 2000s) (via Damien Shields)

MAYBE
Monster
Water
Keep Your Head Up
All I Need
Hold My Hand (with Akon)
A Place With No Name
I Have This Dream

Anything I've missed?

I've highlighted my answer.

edit:
It seems the Ronson produced track is ineed on the album. Great!

That would be 6:00 AM for you Suzie.

Woooow... :shock:
Thank you sweetie!! ;D :heart:
What a nice day to wake up for!! ;)
But I prefer to hear it after I come home at 2:00 PM :D

bjoernclausen;3051679 said:
FROM MJSTAR:

Mark Ronson reveals for the first time – the brand new exclusive song “Lovely Way”.

“Everyone’s familiar with Michael’s early songs from the 70s but no-one has ever heard this kind of production. It’s a really beautiful song called Lovely Way. I don’t know if it’s made the album but I hope he would dig it if he was here. It’s in the vein of Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and John Lennon’s Imagine.”

However speaking to the NME, Mark confirms his Michael Jackson song is included on the new album.

Thank you for clearing that up for me, are we sure it was written my Mark Ronson though, and not just produced?

I hope I can catch Breaking News in time on Monday morning just before I go to work :)

Going back to the media, believe it or not I got an email from The News Of The World wanting to tell me about some video they are going to exclusively reveal this sunday.

Want to know my responce to them.

What a crock of tabloid crap, do not send me your idiotic emails again.

It was not some spamming email, they literately had one of their reporters email me

WTF

Haha, nice one :)

Going back to the media, believe it or not I got an email from The News Of The World wanting to tell me about some video they are going to exclusively reveal this sunday.

It was not some spamming email, they literately had one of their reporters email me

WTF

:clapping: :shakehands

WTF

what video?

The question is: are these songs older (i.e. from 99-00-01) but still relatively new or really old (80's). "Much Too Soon" was originally recorded in the mid 80's but is supposed to be on the new album. It could be MJ re-recorded the song recently (like he did with Cheater for Vince) or it's really the old version.
I would love to hear the reworked version of cheater as a bonus track

Thanks for the info Gary. :) Still trying to work out in my little head what UK time that is. :ninja:

Wouldn't it be 4:00am for the UK Stacey?

bjoernclausen;3051679 said:
FROM MJSTAR:

Everyone’s familiar with Michael’s early songs from the 70s but no-one has ever heard this kind of production. It’s a really beautiful song called Lovely Way. I don’t know if it’s made the album but I hope he would dig it if he was here. It’s in the vein of Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and John Lennon’s Imagine.”

Hmmmm... Does that mean that se song is from the 70s? :bugeyed

Back