Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -"Breaking News" Announcement Page 464

Broke my day.

Hold my hand will be the first single?
That's kind of a bummer, I was hoping it would be something new.
I don't see the version we heard making a big bang around the world.
Maybe they reworked the one we heard?
I guess I will with hold judgement untill I hear the song actually released.

Edit: I read a post before thinking it might be because of Christmas. I guess that kind of makes sense.

ehehe we'll use the above popcorn one sunday night while waiting for time to turn 12.00 AM.

Yes! :wild:

Popcorn is a great accompaniment to the hours pass quickly!
Jackson_popcorn.gif
:D

Waiting... :timer:

BTW... how can Sony think that the leaked song HMH is so great to be a lead single???

They are total mad people....

If Hold My Hand is
-a solo version
-reworked by Riley (as he suggested it by tweeting about this song a few weeks ago)

then fine.
It has a strong melody and wide commercial appeal... so let it be...

Hold My Hand is the first single, sorry to bring negativity in here. Im ecstatic about the new album, but that as the first single just sucks.

There will be lots of people eager to hear this new music. I hope one of them
is Seth Riggs. And I hope that he makes a simple statement. "That's Michael's voice".

After 25+ years as Michael's vocal coach, who better?

Yes I hope he does that. That would be great. That would put all rumours to a stop.

Hold My Hand first new single - hmm - maybe a little weak IMO. I like the song, but as first single - bad choice. I really hope HMH is not considered the best song by SONY. If so - :'( :(:no::no::doh:

Hope HMH is the weakest song of the album.

After being baffled about the report from michaelmania that Hold My Hand was down as the lead single I emailed Sony and low and behold they immediately confirmed that it IS the lead single.

Thank you very much for the update,Damien! :)
I like Hold my hand,but I was also expecting another song.Still, I hope it is a different version than the one we already know,because the general public also knows the song already ( it was massively downloaded at the time it leaked and it still is) and the impact would be greatly reduced.

That's poor, poor news & has popped my balloon.

Having said that, the first singles from Mike albums are rarely the best. In this case I think it needs to be though.
lol..that's pretty subjective, seeing that the formula worked well for MJ...personally, i love the girl is mine and i just can't stop loving you..

and i downloaded hold my hand...

and still want the new music..

it's hard to be objective about degrees of greatness in the songs, if the magic seeps througout the musician..

anyway..officially, the first single is hold my hand..and unofficially, it's breaking news, because we have heard breaking news first, in this time frame, though we heard hold my hand, long ago, and can't undo that...lol...

and breaking news is what put the album up the ladder on amazon, so..the 'officialness' of announcing a 'first single' is highly overrated..imo..lol

sony's inability to make up their mind is selling this album, already..lol

After being baffled about the report from michaelmania that Hold My Hand was down as the lead single I emailed Sony and low and behold they immediately confirmed that it IS the lead single.

I still can`t believe. This song is so... ordinary. My hopes were about something crash - boom- bang. :(

If Hold My Hand is
-a solo version
-reworked by Riley (as he suggested it by tweeting about this song a few weeks ago)

then fine.
It has a strong melody and wide commercial appeal... so let it be...

I really hope Riley tweak the melody a bit... I'm sure he'll make it sound up to more of Mike's standards while still maintaining commercial appeal.

Dear god, they better release a Solo version of hold my hand
this is an Akon song with Michael as a guest star, what the hell!

I dont see the song really working with just MJ vocals though. A guy singing about holding his hand, wouldn't sound right. It is meant to be a duet.

So im hoping Akon is still on there, but alot less. IMO it should be 80% MJ, not 80% Akon.

I think it could be very nice, all they need to do is add in more MJ vocals, update/remix the sound a lil, and get rid of the damn "konvict music" crap at the begginning. With these changes, it could still be a very big hit.

well we are getting it to number one , right? Regardless of what we might think about the singles I believe it's really important for us to unite and get Michael the number one spot.

SORRY IF ALREADY POSTED.

but this thread is way too long lol. I got this from another thread and I'm sure it's been mentoned earlier but I'm just making sure.

Originally Posted by smooth_criminal05
Just an update on the situation;

-I've spoken with my source and he confirmed to me that the vocals are 100% authentic. This has been confirmed by people who were in the studio when MJ recorded it, 2 third party audio experts who spent hours examining the vocals, and by Teddy Riley who worked on all 5 Cascio tracks. There should be no debate on the authenticity of the vocals, they are his. End of discussion

-My source has heard the album in it's entirety and confirmed to me that it's "simply incredible", and he's not even a huge MJ fan. He went on to say that "even non fans will love the album, it's catchy and modern sounding and will top the charts all around the world. It also is a new direction from anything MJ has ever done before, the sound is so unique."

-Many of the songs on the album are new and recorded in 2007, 2008, and 2009. There will be a couple other ones from earlier but have been re-worked to fit in with the albums sound.

-MJ fans will be familiar with a couple of the tracks but the general public will still treat them like new songs. Majority is brand new stuff.

-Breaking News is being tested by Sony for fan and general feedback, if it's a huge hit then expect it to be the first single. If not, they have a 2nd track ready to go.

-Marketing for this will be huge, over the next 4-5 weeks expect to see huge promotions all over the world for this album. Sales will be monstrous for a posthumous release.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hold My Hand is a good choice, it's a very radio friendly song IMO...just like The Girl Is Mine was for Thriller and IJCSLY was for Bad...He used Ballads as a lead single on those and it worked perfectly..it will work with this.

'The Future' should be on the album too because it's "off the wall" like so it must be funky:)
or was it I'm Dreamin with the modern Off the wall sound...

Hold My Hand featuring Akon? on no...IMO this song is not good enough to be the lead single AND we already heard it before..kinda disappointing and like someone mention here, its more Akon song than Michael's song.. :no: arghh

If Hold My Hand is
-a solo version
I'm sure of that :punk:

Hold My Hand featuring Akon? on no...IMO this song is not good enough to be the lead single AND we already heard it before..kinda disappointing and like someone mention here, its more Akon song than Michael's song.. :no: arghh

It's going to be Michael's vocals only I believe? And didn't Michael write HMH or co write?

Trust me, I'm not sure if I would choose HMH myself..but it's a radio friendly song..and it will help with the promotion of the album :yes:

I can see now the mocking, bitchy and derisive articles and comments all over the net about that stupid lead single HMH...., Id rather be on another planet than see this happening....
Hey, this is a brand new era for Michael and his fans, and Sony do this....????

Hold My Hand is a good choice, it's a very radio friendly song IMO...just like The Girl Is Mine was for Thriller and IJCSLY was for Bad...He used Ballads as a lead single on those and it worked perfectly..it will work with this.

i didn't lnow mj chose ballads as the first singles for the thriller and bad album (i was born in the 90's) cool learn something new everyday

It's going to be Michael's vocals only I believe? And didn't Michael write HMH or co write?

No. It was written by Claude Kelly.

ahh I'm so excited :woohoo:

No. It was written by Claude Kelly.

Ah ok, well no matter...It's unfortunate that many MJ fans may have heard it already, but like I said, it's a radio friendly song...so, I think it will do very well and will definitely aide in the promotion of the album

So let me get this straight, IF there is really a good reception for Breaking News this coming Monday, it'll become the lead single instead?

YAY!! I'd like this to happen.....

Hold my hand is fine, they just have to add in more MJ vocals.
Or I get crazy. People will say "hey it's a good akon song". No thanks
I hope its reworked

Back