Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -"Breaking News" Announcement Page 464

I can confirm that "Breaking News" will air on michaeljackson.com at midnight ET on monday morning.

This thread grows up so fast this type of IMPORTANT information gets easily unnoticed here! I for example accidentally happened to see this and I had to go back several pages to read more.

When will it appear on Denmark? ;/

That would be 6:00 AM for you Suzie.

Erm, wouldn't that be 5am for Denmark, because it's 6am for Finland.

The version of HMH that leaked is not an MJ song. I wouldn't even call it a duet. MJ sings only a small part of a song. I believe that we will get "only MJ" or "less akon" version.
PS: The song is really weak IMO, so i hope they will choose another lead single instead.

PS2: When can we expect list of songs? What do you guys think?

Damien, can you ask your source if will.i.am is on the album?

HMH is the lead single? Please tell me this is a joke. What an awful choice. I really hope this isn't true.

hey smooth_criminal05, are you still getting info about whats in stores for us from Sony next year?

OK. I'm trying to calm down about HMH. I think the song is average, but like some of you said, maybe radio friendly, and has more of a Christmas feeling than other songs on the album might have (for example probably people wouldn't like to listen a media bashing song at Christmas, even if that's stronger - but people just aren't in that mood during Christmas), so maybe that's the reason behind the choice.

I hope it got improved a bit, with more (or exclusively) MJ vocal added. So it can be made into an OK Christmas song. Let's hope. But let's also hope this choice is in the mould of Michael's tactics of introducing a new album slowly with a more average track (The girl is mine, I just can't stop loving you) and save the better songs for later. Let's hope.

I really think the first single needed to make a massive statement, it needed to be strong and scream MICHAEL NEVER LOST IT.

Hold My Hand is a weak first single imo.

Damien or the other insiders :), can you ask your source if the song is (still) a duet and if yes, how much of MJ?

And I don't believe the estate/Teddy can just take "Akon's Song" and let another producer (Teddy) rework it, or can they?

Sony and the Estate won't be so stupid to release an 80% Akon song as an MJ lead and on an MJ album for MJ fans. I'm sure Mike will have most of the vocals, so chill people ;) I think HMH fits perfectly into the christmas time and therefore will be a good lead. Love that song.

Re: The Official New Album Thread -MICHAEL Release date Dec 14th

ok people

You Heard it here first

I can confirm that "Breaking News" will air on michaeljackson.com at midnight ET on monday morning.

Obviously give or take some time in case it is a little late while they go live.

Will be listening to that as soon as I get up then!

well we are getting it to number one , right? Regardless of what we might think about the singles I believe it's really important for us to unite and get Michael the number one spot.

Hell yeah.

MJ needs to be #1 again. I'm going to buy no doubt.

Hope the version released is better than the one we already have.

Well we must buy all singles and albums from a retailer like itunes, hmv, play.com....These are contributed to the weeks top 40

I LOVE HOLD MY HAND!!!

Oh man I am so excited!!!!!!!! I don't care that I heard it already, I can listen to it again and again. And again. And again!

kermit.gif
kermit.gif
kermit.gif

I dont like it, but i'll buy it just to get Michael to number 1.

Hey, for all I know it could be a different version that I love! Who knows.

Hey I totally get how some of you feel..like I probably would have picked Another Day if it was up to me...but HMH is a very radio friendly song, with a lighter Christmasy tone, and I'll mention it again, but two ballads were the lead singles for Thriller/Bad, so it's not like it's never been done...You'll see, I think it will work out ;)

I really think the first single needed to make a massive statement, it needed to be strong and scream MICHAEL NEVER LOST IT.

Hold My Hand is a weak first single imo.

Agree. It's the first single in 7 years... and 9 years after the last proper release.
It should be the best song they have in the vaults IMO.
I was hoping for something that could knock BEP and Gaga off the top, be a number one song for weeks and just change the music industry, change the synth pop trend into how real, good music sounds.

I wonder what are they planning for the second single... maybe something totally awesome?

I don't mind HMH tho, it's ok. I'm interested in hearing how this song evolved.

well..this may rub salt in the wounds of people who hate Akon, but HMH sounds a lot like an Akon song that was recently released, with a title i forget, but the title has the word 'Nobody' in it. and the song, of course, is all Akon vocals, and it went top five. then it was AFTER that song, that HMH was leaked, of course, and it still was massively downloaded. so, frankly, HMH as is, has a real good chance of scoring big, and, frankly, i'm surprised that HMH was written by someone other than Akon. makes me think that Claude Kelly wrote Akon's 'Nobody' hit.

edit. the song is called 'nobody wanna see us together'. ironic title.

Last edited:

I am listening to Hold My Hand right now
It will be a hit for sure but please remove more Akon and add in More Michael :)

I LOVE HOLD MY HAND!!!

Oh man I am so excited!!!!!!!! I don't care that I heard it already, I can listen to it again and again. And again. And again!

kermit.gif
kermit.gif
kermit.gif

me too :D:D

-Breaking News is being tested by Sony for fan and general feedback, if it's a huge hit then expect it to be the first single. If not, they have a 2nd track ready to go.

This was just myth busted lol!

I HAVE TO POST IS AGAIN:

This first week sales of this album will determine where it will be in the Christmas album chart. It will be under very strong competition from the new Take That album which will be colossal.

MICHAEL JACKSON’S SET TO TAKE ON TAKE THAT

THE controversial new Michael Jackson album is all set to push Take That all the way for the Christmas Number One.

Fans will get a taster of the LP next week, which features tunes he was working on shortly before his death.

A track called Breaking News will be the first single and will be premiered on michaeljackson.com from Monday.

The album, titled simply Michael, can also be pre-ordered for a 24-hour period and it will be released on December 14 in time for the festive sales period.

The album cover, an oil painting by artist Kadir Nelson, feat-ures iconic images from Jackson’s music career including the Thriller videos. He is also depicted as a king with a crown being lowered on to his head.

A spokesman claimed the album was made up of “tracks that Michael had a desire to bring to fruition”. He had been working on the songs with various collaborators before his death.

But the album, which is being released by Sony Music, has been branded a “fake” by Jackson’s mother Katherine, 80, who said it features an “imposter’s vocals”.

Ladbrokes have tipped Michael to challenge odds-on favourites Take That to top the festive album charts.

Michael is 2-1 to become the best-selling Christmas album.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Michael Jackson's set to take on Take That

hold my hand is an akon featuring mj ? ill be very surprised if this is anywhere to be seen to be honest.

its an album totally never heard songs so.....

by the way, forgot to comment on that New of the World thing. From the photo (the link was posted in this thread) it can be seen that in was filmed from inside the room, which means it was done by Michael's cameraman, which means the footage must now belong to someone in the family, right? So did the family leaked that footage to the tabloid? :mad:

Moonwalker.Fan;3051934 said:
I HAVE TO POST IS AGAIN:

This first week sales of this album will determine where it will be in the Christmas album chart. It will be under very strong competition from the new Take That album which will be colossal.

MICHAEL JACKSON’S SET TO TAKE ON TAKE THAT

THE controversial new Michael Jackson album is all set to push Take That all the way for the Christmas Number One.

Fans will get a taster of the LP next week, which features tunes he was working on shortly before his death.

A track called Breaking News will be the first single and will be premiered on michaeljackson.com from Monday.

The album, titled simply Michael, can also be pre-ordered for a 24-hour period and it will be released on December 14 in time for the festive sales period.

The album cover, an oil painting by artist Kadir Nelson, feat-ures iconic images from Jackson’s music career including the Thriller videos. He is also depicted as a king with a crown being lowered on to his head.

A spokesman claimed the album was made up of “tracks that Michael had a desire to bring to fruition”. He had been working on the songs with various collaborators before his death.

But the album, which is being released by Sony Music, has been branded a “fake” by Jackson’s mother Katherine, 80, who said it features an “imposter’s vocals”.

Ladbrokes have tipped Michael to challenge odds-on favourites Take That to top the festive album charts.

Michael is 2-1 to become the best-selling Christmas album.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Michael Jackson's set to take on Take That
Could you please stop??? Why are you so obsessed with who will release album in december? You already opened a thread about it few weaks ago and you already post this few hours ago.

by the way, forgot to comment on that New of the World thing. From the photo (the link was posted in this thread) it can be seen that in was filmed from inside the room, which means it was done by Michael's cameraman, which means the footage must now belong to someone in the family, right? So did the family leaked that footage to the tabloid? :mad:

Yes, I believe this...., after a JacksonSecretVault brand old remix.... anything is possible...

Back