Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -"Breaking News" Announcement Page 464

Oh no, oh no, oh no!

Hold My Hand first single? That has to be a BIG mistake....

a) the song has already leaked... yes, probably not the final version but still, we know it, we've heard it, its been out there for a long time.

b) Its weak! Its mid-tempo, bland and not that exciting. Ok for an album filler but no way is it a first single.

The 40 second clip of Breaking News is far more exciting than HMH could ever be! No matter how much 'tweaking' is involved. Surely something brand new would be so much better than a song thats been heard by fans for years? Another Day would have made a better choice, from what we've heard, it sounds so, so, so much stronger and an ideal first single. (Also Blue gangster... I could make a list of more appropriate songs)

I really hate to be negative, I want this album to do amazingly well! I love the sound of 'Breaking News' and can't wait to listen to that in full on Monday! I honestly thought that this was going to be his first single and I was so excited for this.

I just hope I'm proved wrong and there is a version of HMH that is 100% better than what we've heard. But at the moment I'm bitterly disappointed that Sony have decided that HMH is good enough for the album, never mind first single. Now I'm worried... :(

If you try and search youtube for "Hold My Hand", seems like Sony has taken down all the uploads regarding it. It is also very likely that there is a new version of the song which was planned to be included (originally) in both Akons and Michaels album. Maybe the latter case is Michael singing it solo ...

I didnt even want Hold My Hand on the album, never mind the lead single.

But its ok, its ok still got Breaking News to keep me company till December 14th.

Damien: HMH is the Akon duet.

Another thing about HMH being released as the first single is that One More Chance video is being released as well soon. that's 2 *own opinion - average* mid-tempo songs being released at the same time. A faster, rockier song would be a good contrast to the OMC video.

Could you please stop??? Why are you so obsessed with who will release album in december? You already opened a thread about it few weaks ago and you already post this few hours ago.

I agree. I know there's a huge hype about Take That right now in the UK, but I personally couldn't care less about them. Surely their new album will be a success, because it's hyped up already, especially in the UK. I feel the British media are only using MJ's name here to further boost the Take That hype. Looking at the hype they have already built up I think on the UK Christmas chart they will be difficult to beat - even for MJ. Who cares? Worldwide MJ will hopefully outdo and outsell them.

Hellooooo... Am I invisible? Can someone answer to this?

What's there to answer? It's an article from two years ago. Hold My Hand leaked on June 30th 2008. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Could you please stop??? Why are you so obsessed with who will release album in december? You already opened a thread about it few weaks ago and you already post this few hours ago.

banghead.gif

I am not obsessed, If you dont care about keeping MJs legacy this way....=buy the album and get Michael at NUMBER ONE, its up to you..., Id like to see your face after reading the news headlines about the album failure that its not on the top of the album chart (lets say in the UK)... because of TT....

You can clearly see that media=reporters speculate about this right now!!!

Its a media agenda to provoke a conflict among MJ and TT fans..., they do know this ....

Hellooooo... Am I invisible? Can someone answer to this? I know is old information but...

Answer what? Its just an article talking about when Hold My Hand leaked. Now its being released as the first single from the new album.

Its very stupid I know.

I agree. I know there's a huge hype about Take That right now in the UK, but I personally couldn't care less about them. Surely their new album will be a success, because it's hyped up already, especially in the UK. I feel the British media are only using MJ's name here to further boost the Take That hype. Looking at the hype they have already built up I think on the UK Christmas chart they will be difficult to beat - even for MJ. Who cares? Worldwide MJ will hopefully outdo and outsell them.
I've never even heard of "Take That".

I hope Michael has more vocals on Hold my hand in the album.It will suck badly if they only have the vocals we've heard.I don't even think about this song as an MJ song.It is Akon featuring Michael.

I hope Michael has more vocals on Hold my hand in the album.It will suck badly if they only have the vocals we've heard.I don't even think about this song as an MJ song.It is Akon featuring Michael.

^EXACTLY. Oh man, I hope it's a different version. I like the song, but if it's to be on a MICHAEL JACKSON album, Michael needs more vocals. Crapcrapcrap, they're not that dumb. They've been doing well so far.

*Tries not to freak*

Damien just confirmed on maxjac it's the Akon duet version

Please tell me it's at least equal, 50/50 Michael Akon vocals

No, they aren't. Take That will do well, not just down to hype but because their music is very good. Most of the media are saying its going to be a great chart battle between the two (which is a compliment to both, really) and most are saying MJ will come out on top for Xmas Number 1. I don't find any of the "chart-battle" news negative. I think its healthy competition :)

NO NOT HOLD MY HAND... IT SUCKS.... ok feel a bit better.

banghead.gif

I am not obsessed, If you dont care about keeping MJs legacy this way....=buy the album and get Michael at NUMBER ONE, its up to you..., Id like to see your face after reading the news headlines about the album failure that its not on the top of the album chart (lets say in the UK)... because of TT....

You can clearly see that media=reporters speculate about this right now!!!

Its a media agenda to provoke a conflict among MJ and TT fans..., they do know this ....

If you know it's a media agenda (well spotted), why do you care so much?

Ugh... Hold MY Hand...? Yeah, whatever.

Hellooooo... Am I invisible? Can someone answer to this? I know is old information but...

Answer to what? Can't answer if there's no question :D Yes, Hold My Hand got leaked online in 2008.

Hold My Hand IS the duet

ehhhhh :/

I've been following this thread from 2 weeks before the announcement, but I knew about the album long before. I decided to join and this is my first post.

I love Hold My Hand as it is and I would be happy if the version we know already is the version released. If Michael recorded the whole song, I would like more Michael but it still needs a bit of Akon, like him or not he is popular to today's youth and HMH as the first single will attract Akon's fanbase to the album.

They used to be a British boy band in the 90s and now decided to come together again. And it generated a huge wave of nostalgia in the UK.

They were pretty big in Europe but never really managed to make it in the US (although they tried).

Me either! Lmfao. So it was quite surprising that people consider it/them as potential competition.

Last edited:

It's gonna be the Akon version: confirmed by Sony 5 mins ago.

Might not tickle all your fancies but I strongly believe Sony are making a smart call here.

This whole album thing is so weird. Its been especially weird today.

I don't get it, I thought HMH was Akon ft Michael Jackson and not Michael Jackson ft Akon, so why is it a single for Michael Jackson on a Michael Jackson album, someone's taking the p*ss. I can't imagine Michael ever singing this as a solo piece, if they collaborated together as a duet?

Plus this will add fuel to the fire that other tracks are claimed to be fake, by releasing a Akon based song, to me its saying the other songs are fake so we'll play safe and release a Akon ft Michael Jackson duet? I think this will be a disaster for the first single off the album.

The Akon duet version, urgh. Oh well, I'll still download it to get MJ to number 1.

If you know it's a media agenda (well spotted), why do you care so much?

so .... such a media agenda is good only if fans want to protest against them=articles and journalists and their negative articles or news about Michael (lately Oprah), but not if fans are to support and fight for Michael?

A bit weird point of view how to be an MJ fan....

OK..., I will wait for Dec. 20....

Will it be exactly as we know it? More MJ vocals? Has it been reworked in any way?

Will HMH be released as a CD single or just available to download?

Back