Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Official New Album Thread -"Breaking News" Announcement Page 464

I know that.

But there must be a reason why they are saying it.....like maybe he sounds quite different or something.

I just want it to be really obvious its Michael, otherwise people will run with the fake thing. THATS what i'm worried about.

Ohhh yes at last the new songs are hereeee!!

I know that there is a list of the times in which country but I'm so nervious... so please tell me, in Spain which is the release time?!?!

Ok, i'm getting a little worried at the fact that all these family members seem to think it isnt Michael on the record.

I'm not buying into it, but I cant see many reasons why they would be saying it. I guess i'll just have to wait to hear Breaking News tomorrow morning.

They only need one reason though. And for most of them it seems to be as simple as getting attention/media exposure.

do u really think that the biggest music giant in the world , sony , are going to embarass themselves ?

COURSE ITS MICHAEL .

WELL IT BETTER BE ANYWAY COZ I AM JUST WAY TOO EXCITED .

I know that.

But there must be a reason why they are saying it.....like maybe he sounds quite different or something.

I just want it to be really obvious its Michael, otherwise people will run with the fake thing. THATS what i'm worried about.

That's what I want to know too. Who's fueling this? Why? What brought about this? It does get worrisome when it's REPORTED that these family members are saying that. I'd love to know why myself. But yes, we'll see tonight/tomorrow. The fans won't mistake Michael's voice.

Lol the people who think they voice is fake... What do they think Michael did? Nothing but lay around? Please! Michael Jackson is the second hardest working man alive or dead in hollywood. For his vocals to be fake is like saying Poe didn't write the raven, or the mona lisa is a paint by number. Its just not true. End of.

I know its Michael. But not everyone will see it that way if Michael sounds quite different.

We knows its Michael on 2000 watts, but I have heard people ask if it is Michael on that song before.

I am just hoping he doesnt sound really different so people will doubt its him. I cant be dealing with that when i[m trying to enjoy new music.

Question to mods: 5.5 hours from now, do we put our reactions to Breaking News in this thread? It's getting mighty long! :D

2000 watts - His family might have said that was not his voice too.

Maybe he sings in a deep angry voice or something.

If there is someone out there in the bowels of the music industry who can duplicate Michael's voice, he should come forward and be a huge star! But no tribute artist, not Jason Malachi, not Janet or another of the brothers, can duplicate Michael's voice -- the tone, the phrasing, the passion and magic.

Harun;3054325 said:

Ok, first of all La Toya is full of s.... whatever.

Second, TMZ said the family thinks “some” of the songs don’t sound like him.
Just SOME of the songs.

Ok, Let’s pretend it’s true. Let’s say SOME are fake.
In this case, would you think Sony would choose precisely the fake ones to let us hear in the first place?
Risking the whole LP like this? I – don’t – think- so-
This is ridiculous :doh:
Thanks La Toya for open your big mouth :D

Last edited:

If there is someone out there in the bowels of the music industry who can duplicate Michael's voice, he should come forward and be a huge star! But no tribute artist, not Jason Malachi, not Janet or another of the brothers, can duplicate Michael's voice -- the tone, the phrasing, the passion and magic.

True.

There is only one.

La Toya is just trying to get 15 seconds of fame.

SOME NEWS !!!!

Hey, it's Harvey. We usually don't write first person on TMZ, but I gotta tell you what I just heard.

Someone has played me the song "Breaking News." I'm not a music expert, but I am a Michael Jackson music fan ... and it's definitely Michael Jackson. The song -- which is awesome -- is a pretty harsh look through Michael's eyes at the media. In essence, he is saying ... You've treated me shabbily and you've hope for my demise, but I'm back!

One of the lyrics:
"They want to see that I fall,
cause I'm Michael Jackson.
You write the words to destroy
like it's a weapon."

In another part of the song, Jackson sings:
"Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson.
Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson.
Just when you thought he was done,
he comes to give it again."

The song is vintage Jackson. The initial beat will remind you of "Billie Jean" and there are all sorts of MJ trademarks throughout.

When you hear it, you will not be able to suppress the image of Jackson dancing to the song.

The song was recorded at the home of music producer Eddie Cascio, when Michael Jackson was living there for four months in 2007.

As good as the song is ... it's not the first single that will be released. We're told we might be able to post a copy of "Breaking News" on TMZ as soon as late tonight.

WWW.TMZ.COM

At this point, there's no reason to believe that anyone other than Michael is on the album. HOWEVER, if this is indeed the case, then the only logical explanation would be that Michael left many tracks with unfinished lyrics or vocals and to complete them Sony simply had to have someone fill in the rest. Ofcourse a move like that is very slick but it wouldn't be too surprising.

I mean although we all loved This Is It and know that Michael was performing, as hardcore fans, we also know that half of the songs on there were used prerecorded vocals of MJ's recording sessions because the volume was just too low on the microphone and couldn't capture the sound correctly. And ofcourse not to mention the editing the film that transformed it into a cohesive concert-like experience with the songs in order and such. Makes one almost forget that these were shots pulled out of several different days and that besides what we saw on screen, its really up to our imagination as to what else happend behind the scenes.

But MY POINT is that I very much hope and believe that Michael's vocals are on the album in its entirety, however, it wouldn't be surprising if Sony had to rearrange some things around and insert new vocals in order to get a completed record.

The songs the family are questioning are the Eddie Cascio songs. The Cascio's were VERY CLOSE friends of Michael. Closer than some members of Michael's own family. So WHY would they lie and say it was Michael's voice when it wasn't?!! I don't think they would.

So almost OFFICIAL lyrics :

One of the lyrics:
like it's a weapon."

SOME NEWS !!!!

Hey, it's Harvey. We usually don't write first person on TMZ, but I gotta tell you what I just heard.

Someone has played me the song "Breaking News." I'm not a music expert, but I am a Michael Jackson music fan ... and it's definitely Michael Jackson. The song -- which is awesome -- is a pretty harsh look through Michael's eyes at the media. In essence, he is saying ... You've treated me shabbily and you've hope for my demise, but I'm back!

One of the lyrics:
like it's a weapon."

The song is vintage Jackson. The initial beat will remind you of "Billie Jean" and there are all sorts of MJ trademarks throughout.

When you hear it, you will not be able to suppress the image of Jackson dancing to the song.

The song was recorded at the home of music producer Eddie Cascio, when Michael Jackson was living there for four months in 2007.

As good as the song is ... it's not the first single that will be released. We're told we might be able to post a copy of "Breaking News" on TMZ as soon as late tonight.

WWW.TMZ.COM

Whoa!!!! Thanks for posting this!

SOME NEWS !!!!

One of the lyrics:
like it's a weapon."

WWW.TMZ.COM

This is brutally interesting. *Gets more hyper* And he's a Michael Jackson music fan? Even more interesting.

"this life don't last forever..."

That's gotta be a reason why Sony is choosing to release this as the first official lead single.. People are gonna think it's kind've eerie...

-Dal

This is brutally interesting. *Gets more hyper* And he's a Michael Jackson music fan? Even more interesting.

Brutally interesting. I love that.

And I love those lyrics so far.

SOME NEWS !!!!

*snip*
Interesting. But the "confirmation" that it is indeed MJ on the track is (of course) no surprise.

Cool that he's being so vocal about it though.

SOME NEWS !!!!

One of the lyrics:
like it's a weapon."

WWW.TMZ.COM

thanks for posting .but how come Harvey got to listen before use not fair :cry:
but it sounds like very good news, :timer: for us guys.

why should they release a FAKE song as the FIRST SONG SINCE HIS DEATH!?!?!

OFFICIALLY??

there is NO reason. there are hundrets of songs! saying that sony is releasing a FAKE one is simply rediculos.

la toya: shut up. support your brother.

jackson family: shut up: support your son, uncle, brother, cousin.

poor michael.

Other ways of making his voice sound off can be that they changed the pitch or add autotune or you name it. I'm just on the fence about this, and we'll see. Reasons for the Jacksons saying this shit can be that they won't get any piece of the action, the action being money.

On a totally unrelated note, I dont know where to post this and here is where you all can be found. I have done a banner as an idea for MJJC theme refreshment. If it appeals to you I give it away for use of course. Admins !?

http://i52.tinypic.com/2060rc8.jpg

How can they say its a fake song...Michael changes the pitch of his voice all the time.. say 2000 watts was coming out right now instead, everyone would probably say it wasn't Michael

Back