Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
I just saw a commercial for the album on tv!
It was kind of mysterious (I only saw the last few seconds which was just a blac background with a link to a site) and a voice saying that the album comes out in 3 days here.
They showed a link to a site (Which will probably be made for other countries as well)
www.michael1012.nl
It has a contest on it, which I have entered.

I just got excited because it's the first kind of promotion I have seen over here.
It wasn't very long but will probably catch the attention of the people randomly watching.

Whoah! Good news! On which channel was it? During which tv show? I wonder if they put them out randomly or during specific shows.

It was on Rtl 4 (a big commercial channel here) if I remember correctly.
I think it was during a commercial break for (an entertainment/gossip show) Rtl Boulevard.
As far as I know that is a very well watched show.
I wouldn't be surprised if the commercal will pop up more during this week.

I just saw a commercial for the album on tv!
It was kind of mysterious (I only saw the last few seconds which was just a blac background with a link to a site) and a voice saying that the album comes out in 3 days here.
They showed a link to a site (Which will probably be made for other countries as well)
www.michael1012.nl
It has a contest on it, which I have entered.

I just got excited because it's the first kind of promotion I have seen over here.
It wasn't very long but will probably catch the attention of the people randomly watching.

I just entered as well.

I told you.
If we accept this project there will be plenty of the cascio songs on next albums.

Maceo;3120926 said:
I told you.
If we accept this project there will be plenty of the cascio songs on next albums.

great !

Greg Philiganes just confirmed it is MJ on Breaking News :

french revue "vibrations"

Voici la retranscription de la réponse de Greg Phillinganes à la question:
"Pouvez-vous confirmer que vous avez tout à fait reconnu la voix d'mj sur le lead vocal du titre breaking news? Que pensez vous de la controverse concernant l'authenticité des prises de voix d'mj sur certains morceaux?"

Greg Philiganes :

C'est michael qui chante. Il y avait de la controverse autour de lui de son vivant,si bien que cela ne me surprend guère qu'il y en ait encore maintenant qu'il est parti.il serait assez stupide pour ceux qui gèrent la succèssion de sortir de nouvelles musiques d'mj avec de fausses pistes vocales.personne ne semble considérer les ramifications de cela.

loka;3121093 said:
great !

"Pouvez-vous confirmer que vous avez tout à fait reconnu la voix d'mj sur le lead vocal du titre breaking news? Que pensez vous de la controverse concernant l'authenticité des prises de voix d'mj sur certains morceaux?"

Greg Philiganes :

C'est michael qui chante. Il y avait de la controverse autour de lui de son vivant,si bien que cela ne me surprend guère qu'il y en ait encore maintenant qu'il est parti.il serait assez stupide pour ceux qui gèrent la succèssion de sortir de nouvelles musiques d'mj avec de fausses pistes vocales.personne ne semble considérer les ramifications de cela.

Is there really still some people questioning this.

loka;3121093 said:
great !

Greg Philiganes :

Ohhh, ok then what I nightmare, I'll buy the album then!!.:doh:

Hey - does anyone have the album in a format that can be burned down on a CD and played on normal stereo?

My parents stereo can not play mp3 files. I would love to be able to play it on their stereo.

Please PM me if you have Michael in a format that is not mp3 so I can play it on a normal CD stereo.

Didn't the Cascio guy say on Oprah that he had 12 songs or something like that???

I would actually like to hear them all. Maybe the MJ we all know is on one or two of them. Maybe...

Didn't the Cascio guy say on Oprah that he had 12 songs or something like that???

I would actually like to hear them all. Maybe the MJ we all know is on one or two of them. Maybe...

Yes they said that.

Im laughting so bad at people who thinks its not MJ ! Your nightmare will never end I guess.

For my part, i cant wait to hear them :) MJ did a great work with the cascio, almost enough for a complet album :)

"Another Day" is suppose to be streaming legally free somewhere for a week.
Can someone post a link here so I can hear the song?
Thanks in advance. :hippy:

Last edited:
Yes they said that.

Im laughting so bad at people who thinks its not MJ ! Your nightmare will never end I guess.

For my part, i cant wait to hear them :) MJ did a great work with the cascio, almost enough for a complet album :)

Well I have to say...I'm not sure, but the songs do sound like Michael to me. I doubted it for a long time but listening to the CD (much clearer versions) I can hear him. Of course its not the same as DYKWYCA and BG...but maybe they have a song where MJ does sound that way. Thats why I'd like to hear what else they have.

Yes they said that.

you laugh at people who have different opinion than you? that's kinda poor.

loka;3121093 said:
great !

Greg Philiganes :

can you translate what he said please? :)

can you translate what he said please? :)
Here, via google translator. :D

French magazine "vibrations"

Here is the transcript of Greg Phillinganes response to the question:
"Can you confirm that you have fully recognized the voice of mj on the lead vocal of the track breaking news? What do you think of the controversy concerning the authenticity of the decision-mj voice on some tracks?"

Greg Philiganes:

Michael is singing. There was some controversy around him during his lifetime, so it does not surprise me that there is still now he is gone. it would be stupid enough to those who manage the estate to release new music from mj with false vocal tracks. nobody seems to consider the ramifications of that.

Here, via google translator. :D

French magazine "vibrations"

Here is the transcript of Greg Phillinganes response to the question:
"Can you confirm that you have fully recognized the voice of mj on the lead vocal of the track breaking news? What do you think of the controversy concerning the authenticity of the decision-mj voice on some tracks?"

Greg Philiganes:

Michael is singing. There was some controversy around him during his lifetime, so it does not surprise me that there is still now he is gone. it would be stupid enough to those who manage the estate to release new music from mj with false vocal tracks. nobody seems to consider the ramifications of that.

thank you! I completely forgot about google translator! :D

On same chart in UK its number 70, but nobody knows about it!!

Still waiting for the advertising 'Bang' we were told should happen.

It's number 1 on Amazon.co.uk for 'unreleased upcoming albums' - and has been for some time!

Some advertising next week will push it right up the 'sales' chart.

For me its not even an opinion, its a disgrace to MJ work.

you're going too far - these people just don't want for Michael to be betrayed again. because fact is that the voice on these 3 tracks sounds really different than the other tracks - mostly the "sheepish" vibrato as somebody said. if it is Michael,then this is not his best voice, and I don't find it disgraceful to say that - he didn't always sound equally good,which is normal.

do you know next project after Michael, deano ?
thnx !!

No bud. I am hoping for 3-4 singles from this album, and then another album in about 18 months.

I would love a 'Bad Tour' DVD though! Wembley 88 for me - as I was there, right at the front, a couple of times! (wink)

^Whoah! Off topic: but that must have been a golden experience! I only saw Michael during the HIStory tour and with MJ&friends. Which was lovely of course, but the BAD tour, oh my... I'm still waiting for a time machine to be invented.

Back