Michael - The Official New Album - Out December 14th - General Discussion Thread

Which tracks are you most looking forward to hearing in full/Want on Album!

• All I Need

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Carry On

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Breaking News

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Monster

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Much Too Soon

Votes: 66 71.0%
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Votes: 68 73.1%
  • Another Day

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • Hold My Hand

Votes: 54 58.1%
  • A Place With No Name

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Love Never Felt So Good

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Blue Gangsta

Votes: 57 61.3%

• Total voters
The new Album is great.I heared in live streaming.Cant wait to buy it

Yes I heard it too, I found a link in the Dutch speaking thread.
Can't wait to buy it either, some tracks sound really overwhelming!
In Cascio tracks vocals are clearer now but still you hear they are processed.

As a whole, the album sounds great!

Just had an email from HMV... :wild:

Your order’s in the post and should be with you soon. If you’ve pre–ordered, we'll aim to get it to you on the day of release (UK deliveries only).

<table style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px;" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="470"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Qty</td> <td>Format</td> <td>Artist</td> <td>Title</td> <td>Price</td> <td>Estimated Delivery </td></tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>CD</td> <td>JACKSON, MICHAEL</td> <td>MICHAEL</td> <td>£8.99</td> <td>2-5 days
</td></tr></tbody></table>

bowen9999;3122333 said:
Just had an email from HMV... :wild:

Your order’s in the post and should be with you soon. If you’ve pre–ordered, we'll aim to get it to you on the day of release (UK deliveries only).

<table style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px;" width="470" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td>Qty</td> <td>Format</td> <td>Artist</td> <td>Title</td> <td>Price</td> <td>Estimated Delivery </td></tr> <tr> <td>1</td> <td>CD</td> <td>JACKSON, MICHAEL</td> <td>MICHAEL</td> <td>£8.99</td> <td>2-5 days
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Me too! :D

Behind the Mask, Best of Joy and Hollywood Tonight NEED to be released as singles :)
I pre-ordered with HMV but don't have that email yet :( I'm still going to buy it from the shop though so that's okay :)

^Whoah! Off topic: but that must have been a golden experience! I only saw Michael during the HIStory tour and with MJ&friends. Which was lovely of course, but the BAD tour, oh my... I'm still waiting for a time machine to be invented.

It really was even better than people, who weren't there, could imagine! It was such a great experience to see MJ 'performing' at his absolute peak (although his peak of 'writing, I believe, was still to come).

I remember 6 of us getting to Wembley Stadium at about 8am in the morning - and they didn't let us in until about 5pm!! (LOL!) The crowds of people soon built up, and the scenes were amazing. I'll never forget the gates being opened to allow us in to the stadium. On the first day I couldn't work out where we were waiting, then they opened the gates, I ran through, and the bloody stage was right at the other end of the ground! (LOL!). I've never ran so fast in my life - but I got to the front! By the end of it, due to the crowd surges, I was the only one of the original 6 still holding on to the front railings!

Seeing MJ that close - where he could hear you if you shouted loud enough - was amazing. The opening of the show, the 'Beat It' crane coming over the top of my head, and the 'Man In The Mirror' finale will stay with me all of my days!

WE NEED A DVD SONY!

(Sorry to go OT there!)

That is my feeling. I don't understand why they did this..T
What's the point in streaming the whole album for free?
Some people will record the stream, convert it to a mp3 file and - Ta-dah! - they own the album without buying it. Also I know many people who are saying that they will buy the album perhaps but they're unsure about it. If they listen to the stream, they probably won't buy the album because they can hear it for free and anytime they want.

Mines on the way!!

I really have waitied to hear these tracks, bought HMH on cd and will purchase later on HMVDig or Tesco if cheapest, i dont want to spoil the excitement of hearing his voice belt out of my speakers!! and believe me!! IT will!! lol.

Terry

It really was even better than people, who weren't there, could imagine! It was such a great experience to see MJ 'performing' at his absolute peak (although his peak of 'writing, I believe, was still to come).

I remember 6 of us getting to Wembley Stadium at about 8am in the morning - and they didn't let us in until about 5pm!! (LOL!) The crowds of people soon built up, and the scenes were amazing. I'll never forget the gates being opened to allow us in to the stadium. On the first day I couldn't work out where we were waiting, then they opened the gates, I ran through, and the bloody stage was right at the other end of the ground! (LOL!). I've never ran so fast in my life - but I got to the front! By the end of it, due to the crowd surges, I was the only one of the original 6 still holding on to the front railings!

Seeing MJ that close - where he could hear you if you shouted loud enough - was amazing. The opening of the show, the 'Beat It' crane coming over the top of my head, and the 'Man In The Mirror' finale will stay with me all of my days!

WE NEED A DVD SONY!

(Sorry to go OT there!)

1.) :rofl::rofl::punk:

2.) :punk::punk::wub: Sounds like something to remember for life.
I love hearing stories like that from people where I get all hyper vicariously 20 years later, goooosh, I'm feeling the surge right now, wooooooooosh, crane. "where is he, where is he, where is...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" :D

Some people will record the stream, convert it to a mp3 file and - Ta-dah! - they own the album without buying it. Also I know many people who are saying that they will buy the album perhaps but they're unsure about it. If they listen to the stream, they probably won't buy the album because they can hear it for free and anytime they want.

See, Michael Jackson is the big difference in the industry. After Michael's passing people RAN to the stores to pick up physical CDs. Every time I go to a box store, I go over to the "M" or "J" to look what's being offered and what the "bin" looks like. It's usually half-empty while others are fully stocked. Still.
So you have a pretty big crowd (especially before Christmas) that will buy physical CDs.

The second group are the "obsessed" ones. Us.
If someone goes that far to screengrab a stream and then convert it to an MP3- those are they same people than know where to download. That's a lot of work.
I have ears and a recorded stream, cut and converted to an MP3- *shudder*. Even the leaked stuff isn't up what the CD is.

I can't wait for my actual CD to come. It's historic, it's that feeling of holding a new album in my shaking fingers, like I did before.

I think Sony knows the market for MJ pretty well...they had a couple of years to figure the crowd out. They might have been asleep with Betamax and missed the time to jump off the walkman- but they had decades of watching the "MJ market".

You'll always have people downloading and converting somewhere- but Michael is one of those artists that people are willing to walk into the store for- order online, what have you.

I haven't listened to the album yet, but this leak is bad news... there go hundreds of thousands of first week sales out the window.

I haven't listened to the album yet, but this leak is bad news... there go hundreds of thousands of first week sales out the window.
No, I can feel it in my Soul that people are going buy the "Michael" CD, because they want to hold it in their hands. It will be for them sort of like holding Michael Jackson, himself, in their hands.

^^^^^
Yes. I have heard the album but that does not mean I am not going to buy it.
It"s like before....I was taping his songs on cassetes when they were on the radio and of course I bought all of his albums.
Having the original is something else. It will proudly stand with the rest of Michael"s work I have...on a very special place. :)

AMAZON CHINA?

MICHAEL ENTERS AS NO.1 IN BOTH GENERAL MUSIC CHART AND NEW RELEASES CHART !!!

http://www.amazon.cn/gp/bestsellers...m=A1AJ19PSB66TGU&pf_rd_r=081Q9EE3CG4GCW5ER2CT

012240x8ebhiire80sibe8.jpg

I was talking about the non fans or just casual fans. I am listening to the album now and absolutely love some of the songs but I'm not sure how this will do in today's popular music market. People listen to Justin Bieber now...

I was talking about the non fans or just casual fans. I am listening to the album now and absolutely love some of the songs but I'm not sure how this will do in today's popular music market. People listen to Justin Bieber now...
Actually it's more like just tweens who listen to Justin Bieber now.

even start to receive US edition of Michael in China....

how about you guys?

170246pddyv1fzytcv7dsv.jpg

141327e9nczhfcafk73cqa.jpg

170244z1a4s1scs8ss9msb.jpg

If the younger generation cannot appreciate the genius of MJ's music, it's their loss. But don't worry, this cd will make millions and hopefully surpass Taylor Swift, Bieber, Gaga and all the rest of'em.

I'm listening to the stream and my gosh does Another Day rocks or what? What a great bass line. I can't wait to blast this in my car great cd player with bass cranked up.:punk:

I played the whole album to few my non-fans friends, and they all agreed that the album is great. Their favourite tracks are 1. Hollywood Tonight, 2. Behind The Mask 3. Another Day & 4. Monster. These songs should be released as singles because both fans and non-fans like them. Ballads on MICHAEL are beautiful but I don't think that they will chart well.

Hey guys, just wanna tell you that I've got an email from amazon today and they say that the album ( I preordered it around 1 month ago) has been dispatched. It should arrive tomorrow :D

They did the same thing with Invincible. The album was streamed on michaeljackson.com before the album was released in stores. I wore out my internet connection listening to the Invincible stream back in the day!

Back