Michael's mom reported missing /Grandma's Home/TJ appointed Co/Guardian with Katherine

I have a question. If for instance the will was made null and void. What next, I'm told it would revert to the previous will which I believe has the same executors yet wipes out Paris and Blanket as beneficiaries as they were not born.

Is that true.

Re: Michael's mom reported missing /TJ temp Guardianship/Grandma's Home

going by kj depos. hardly in comparison

Indeed. Even in Michael's lowest point of his life with huge cash flow trouble, he still left half million cash for his mother Katherine before leaving the country. And how much janet Jackson contributed? 10 thousand :smilerolleyes:

Indeed. Even in Michael's lowest point of his life with huge cash flow trouble, he still left half million cash for his mother Katherine before leaving the country. And how much janet Jackson contributed? 10 thousand :smilerolleyes:
Why is it such a competition? Who cares how much Janet had contributed (I can tell you that if she did, it would've been millions, if not tens of millions)? Really... I mean, despite what you think of her, how much you loathe her and so on, you cannot take her achievements away. No matter how much you play her career down, she's still the most successful female artist in the world after Madonna, highest paid female artist of the 90's and holds several world records. It matters none, and is off-topic. But stop acting like Janet is next to Jermaine or something, when it comes to cash flow.

Last edited:

I think Super bowl 04 absolutely destroyed her international career, and it was the worst move she could've took, but I also know she's far from being broke. She's got a lot of money invested in bank shares and her movies have done really well, not to mention the upclose and personal tour she just did which made her tens of millions more. There's also the book, nutrisystem etc. She is not doing music, and hasn't been to the studio for so long, so I don't think she's even interested in that right now. So, no, she is not broke at all. But I do not know what her motivations are.

Bank shares?? Have you heard of the housing market crash ? Have you heard of Moody's downgrading most of the big banks?

I am not saying she invested all her money in bank shares, but if you are using her holding bank shares, to support the notion that she is rich.. well, it's not a very good argument. She could very well be asset rich...and cash poor. i am not saying she is...just an example.

That being said, I strongly believe there is something in it for Janet? simply because for 3 years she had kept quiet on the estate ...and bang....she comes out swinging. I refuse to believe she's being a good sister & only supporting that nut job Randall Steven.

Bank shares?? Have you heard of the housing market crash ? Have you heard of Standard & Poor downgrading most of the big bangs?

I am not saying she invested all her money in bank shares, but if you are using her holding bank shares, to support the notion that she is rich.. well, it's not a very good argument.

That being said, I strongly believe there is something in it for Janet? simply because for 3 years she had kept quiet on the estate ...and bang....she comes out swinging. I refuse to believe she's being a good sister & only supporting that nut job Randall Steven.
Absolutely irrelevant, whether her bank shares are doing well or not. She's got a lot of cash coming in from several different projects (most of them I already mentioned).

None of the Jacksons is innocent. No person in this world is innocent. We're all human, after all. The question is: who is doing what and for what reasons.

Why is it such a competition? Who cares how much Janet had contributed (I can tell you that if she did, it would've been millions, if not tens of millions)? Really... I mean, despite what you think of her, how much you loathe her and so on, you cannot take her achievements away. No matter how much you play her career down, she's still the most successful female artist in the world after Madonna, highest paid artist of 90's and holds several world records. It matters none, and is off-topic. But stop acting like Janet is next to Jermaine or something, when it comes to cash flow.
WTH are you talking about? I replied others post and simply stated what katherine said in her deposition. Calm down.

WTH are you talking about? I replied others post and simply stated what katherine said in her deposition. Calm down.
Oh, ok. Sorry, I misunderstood :) In my defence I hear this a lot. Hugs?

Katherine's main lawyer in AEG lawsuit is Brian Panish - the guy who read the family statement at Murray trial before sentencing. Perry Sanders ho is KJ's Estate lawyer has just been added to the AEG case.

Is that why he's asking the estate to pay for KJ's lawyers? I hope the judge overrule this mess. The estate should not pay for frivolous lawsuit.

It's not clear what's the extra $34,000 per month Katherine is asking for.

Why are we arguing about Janet and money? Money is not the only motive in the world. Power could be a motive, so can love, hate , revenge, anger and so on.

Superbowl made no difference to janets international career. what mattered was her moving away from classic pop/dance songs on janet and the velvet rope to boring same old generic r&b that doesnt do well in europe. pulling out of tours and doing very little while newer and younger female artists came on the scene. in europe from my experience being at her shows and amongst the fan community, in europe there was none of this jj/mj fanbase seperation as in europe mj fans supported her as she was mjs sister and she didnt really have a fanbase of her own.it was mainly made up of mj fans supporting her. thats why her career has become non excistant in europe as she doesnt have a strong fanbase of her own and her actions of the last three years have added to that.

Absolutely irrelevant, whether her bank shares are doing well or not. She's got a lot of cash coming in from several different projects (most of them I already mentioned).

None of the Jacksons is innocent. No person in this world is innocent. We're all human, after all. The question is: who is doing what and for what reasons.

most of them I already mentioned
1)Where did you mention them? I'd like to read them please.

The fact that she is endorsing animal cruelty, is very hard proof that she needs money. She never did stuff like that at the height of her career.

Absolutely irrelevant
2) She's got a lot of cash... under her mattress? Her money is invested somewhere.

I disagree. You wrote she had shares in banks ...YES, her net worth will FLUCTUATE depending on percentage of bank share in her portfolio. So many banks in the US filed for bankruptcy in 2010 & 2011...Again, we cannot rule out money being a factor for Janet involving herself in this debacle.

Superbowl made no difference to janets international career. what mattered was her moving away from classic pop/dance songs on janet and the velvet rope to boring same old generic r&b that doesnt do well in europe. pulling out of tours and doing very little while newer and younger female artists came on the scene. in europe from my experience being at her shows and amongst the fan community, in europe there was none of this jj/mj fanbase seperation as in europe mj fans supported her as she was mjs sister and she didnt really have a fanbase of her own.it was mainly made up of mj fans supporting her. thats why her career has become non excistant in europe as she doesnt have a strong fanbase of her own and her actions of the last three years have added to that.
I have to disagree with you strongly. Super Bowl made a huge impact on her career around Europe. Her song "Just A Little While" was incredibly radio-friendly, a perfect song for European radio and at first they played the sh*t outta that song, but then it flopped. And everything after that has flopped as well. After Damita Jo, I would agree that her music wasn't right for European audience at all, but Americans weren't that impressed either. People like Madonna can survive a complete BS of an album, simply because of their reputation... It has everything to do with the image. However, I agree with some of your points (musical direction later, and some personal decisions), and there's no one single reason for the current status of her career.

most of them I already mentioned
1)Where did you mention them? I'd like to read them please.

The fact that she is endorsing animal cruelty, is very hard proof that she needs money. She never did stuff like that at the height of her career.

Absolutely irrelevant
2) She's got a lot of cash... under her mattress? Her money is invested somewhere.

I disagree. You wrote she had shares in banks ...YES, her net worth will FLUCTUATE depending on percentage of bank share in her portfolio. So many banks in the US filed for bankruptcy in 2010 & 2011...Again, we cannot rule out money being a factor for Janet involving herself in this debacle.
Did you even read the post I wrote before, and which you quoted? I already mentioned all of them. Movies, Best-selling book, Nutrisystem, World-Tour, a film deal with Lion's Gate, a billionare BF........ We do not know how much she's invested to different things, as she doesn't make such things public. So let's just drop this subject, as it will not go anywhere. As for Janet and fur.. She's never been against it. But yes, when she started promoting it some fans got really upset and it's one of the most avoided subjects among the forums cause it never ends well lol

Last edited:

Super Bowl made a huge impact on her career around Europe.

Really? Most of the Europe is soccer countries and they couldn't care less about SuperBowl. Furthermore most of the Europe is also have a lot more nudity on their TV so they wouldn't be offended much with seeing a breast.

Really? Most of the Europe is soccer countries and they couldn't care less about SuperBowl. Furthermore most of the Europe is also have a lot more nudity on their TV so they wouldn't be bothered much with seeing a breast.
Yes, really. That's when she stopped being the "only sane Jackson" as the media would say. That's when her image went from "talented" to "as crazy and attention seeking as the rest". Each review I read of the album was about Super Bowl and how she is desperate. MTV also blacklisted her, and refused to play any of her videos until 2008. She wasn't taken seriously after that. It matters zero how open minded we Europeans are, what matters is that that's how the media painted her, and that's how it was seen.

Of course, there were other factors: She refused to address it in any interviews (imho a silly thing to do, cause that was prob the main reason they wanted an interview in the first place), with 20 Y.O. she went to hip hop and that wasn't so popular in Europe (also zero promotion in Europe for that album). By the time Discipline was out, the European radio had already stopped supporting her and didn't really care anymore. If she had done any promo in EU, maybe she would've done better. Who knows.

Last edited:

Why is it such a competition? Who cares how much Janet had contributed (I can tell you that if she did, it would've been millions, if not tens of millions)? Really... I mean, despite what you think of her, how much you loathe her and so on, you cannot take her achievements away. No matter how much you play her career down, she's still the most successful female artist in the world after Madonna, highest paid female artist of the 90's and holds several world records. It matters none, and is off-topic. But stop acting like Janet is next to Jermaine or something, when it comes to cash flow.

Nobody is taking her achievement away, but as an MJ fan for me it was always that he was paying everything for his family. If you read KJ statement it's the feeling that you have, while it should have been 50/50.

Nobody is taking her achievement away, but as an MJ fan for me it was always that he was paying everything for his family. If you read KJ statement it's the feeling that you have, while it should have been 50/50.
I don't really think it was Michael's nor Janet's job to pay for others, though. I understand supporting Katherine financially, but Jermaine, La Toya and Randy? Why would you do that? They've got jobs.

I don't really think it was Michael's nor Janet's job to pay for others, though. I understand supporting Katherine financially, but Jermaine, La Toya and Randy? Why would you do that? They've got jobs.

It was the role of all the siblings, but the problem is when you read the court document you really have the idea that he was paying for everything. She had a very successfull career too, so why her parents tryed to have the Estate paying for everything.

For the Super Bowl, I think the problem is for lots of people it was just a PR stunt, but the nudity wasn't a problem at all. In all honesty I am not a Janet so I haven't read critics of her albums.

I don't get it. What is so wrong with the will or trust that people are questioning its validity? And what did Branca or McClain do in the past or present that was soooooo terrible they shouldn't be trusted?
A few years back I did some research on Branca myself because I like to rely on facts and not on stories created by people who are obsessed with conspiracies. These were my findings:

Branca was Michael's attorney for many years and was involved in many multi-million dollar deals for Michael:

• he was in charge of getting financing for the Thriller short film
  • he negotiated the purchase of the ATV catalogue
  • he negotiated the first Pepsi Commercial deal and convinced Pepsi to agree that Michael would never touch the can and would appear in the ad for only three seconds
  • he obtained the rights for Michael to the master recordings of his own songs
  • he orchestrated MJ’s purchase of Neverland

Jackson was the best man at Branca's first wedding, bringing with him Bubbles, who was clad in a tiny tuxedo.
The other executor, John McClain, is a childhood friend of Michael, and is largely responsible for building a major recording career for Michael's sister Janet, and is a successful record company executive.

In 1990, Michael tearfully told Branca he wanted to try different representation; though Branca wouldn't confirm it, it was widely reported that Hollywood mogul and record company executive David Geffen advised Michael that Branca's influence in his affairs had grown too large. They remained apart forthree years.

In 1993 Michael offered Branca 5% of his future projects if he would again represent him. Branca began increasing ATV's holdings by acquiring the copyright of Elvis Presley's songs and such tunes as "Great Balls of Fire,"'When a Man Loves a Woman' and 'Love Train.

Branca negotiated the merger between ATV and Sony and was appointed by MJ as one of his representatives on the Board of Sony/ATV.

Michael's letter firing Branca and turning his legal affairs over to David LeGrand was dated February 2003.
It was in February 2003, while impaired by prescription medications, that Michael had signed over power of attorney to his manager Dieter Wiesner. Wiesner’s plan was to bring in a new team to represent Michael. Part of that process involved terminating some of the representation of people that had been providing legal service to him.

LeGrand testified that Konitzer and Wiesner told him they wanted to take over overall management of Michael Jackson’s business and financial affairs, and implement a new business plan for Michael.

That’s when LeGrand became suspicious of the actions and motives of Wiesner and aides Ronald Konitzer (who had ties with Sony as became clear in the 2005 trial) and Marc Schaffel.

He also suspected the men of stealing $965.000 from Michael. On behalf of Michael he hired a firm to investigate these three men. The first investigative report that he got just increased his degree of suspicion.

In the meantime Konitzer and Schaffel had indicated in several conversations that they were suspicious about Branca and that Michael had expressed concern about Branca’s loyalty. They were concerned Branca was working with Tommy Motolla to get Michael’s interest in the ATV/Sony Catalogue and to defraud him. There were suspicions about Branca self-dealing and about an off-shore account owned by Branca and Motolla.

Even though LeGrand wasn’t sure about these accusations and was already suspicious about Konitzer, Schaffel and Wiesner, he decided to include Branca and Motolla in his investigation.

The investigation delivered no evidence whatsoever to substantiate the claims against Branca and Motolla. In fact it became clear that it was Konitzer who had ties with Sony and both he and Weisner were stealing money from MJ.

LeGrand was fired (just 2 months after he was hired) when he questioned Konitzer about the unexplained disbursement of nearly $1 million of Michael's money to Konitzer and Weisner.

LeGrand’s testimony in court: “Mr. Branca’s a fine lawyer. And, you know, there is no -- I have no proof of these statements.

I was given no credible evidence to support those charges. I would be doing Mr. Branca and Mr. Motolla a great wrong if I said otherwise.”

Mesereau’s opening statement in court: “David LeGrand began to smell that something was wrong, and he confronted Dieter and Konitzer with his suspicions, even writing to them and saying, “Why are you withdrawing money. Who told you to do that. Who gave you permission. Where’s it going. What are you doing with it.”
"
They then were able to convince Michael Jackson to fire LeGrand. But before that happened, David LeGrand commenced an investigation into the activities of these alleged co-conspirators, Dieter, Konitzer, Schaffel and others. He hired a 1 top-flight investigative firm in New York to check out their backgrounds, to check out what they were doing, to see if they were hiding things overseas, to see if Mr. Jackson was being, as he said, defrauded, and to see if they were engaging in acts as what he described as self-dealing. But they were able to get to Michael and stop the investigation by getting him to fire LeGrand, because they convinced him that LeGrand was doing something wrong.
Marc Schaffel, the prosecutor told you that Mr. Jackson was a partner in his business. We will prove to you he was never a partner in his business. Marc Schaffel was a film producer who had met Mr. Jackson in the early ‘90s. And at one point Mr. Jackson said he wanted nothing to do with him. That was in writing from his attorneys.”

Schaffel later went on to file a $3.8 million lawsuit (later reduced to $1.6 million and his attorney ultimately asked the jury for $1.4 million) against Michael, claiming he was owed that amount for loans MJ took from him, and for work Michael hired him to do, but was never paid for.

Michael claimed that Schaffel, who controlled the bank accounts into which millions of dollars of his money was placed, owed him $660,000 in funds removed from an expense account for unreleased charity single, "What More Can I Give," before Schaffel was fired in November 2001 in response to Michael being shown a video of Schaffel directing gay porn. Schaffel was awarded $900,000 and Michael $200,000.

Wiesner filed a $64 million dollar fraud and breach-of-contract lawsuit against Michael but the lawsuit was dismissed.
The next day after filing the suit, Wiesner (the guy in control when Branca was fired) released voicemail tapes to the media of Michael making a slurred and forced sounding anti-Semitic comment, which got him in trouble with the Anti-Defamation League.

In a taped deposition for the Wiesner suit (which you can find on YouTube) Michael stated that he was impaired by prescription medication when he signed over all his business and financial affairs to the control of Wiesner in February 2003 and for the next several months of that year.

So, Branca was fired when these embezzling aides were in control of all of Michael's affairs. LeGrand was fired when he discovered and confronted these aides who were stealing from Michael. Why is Branca the bad guy here?

Branca returned to the MJ team but resigned in 2006 and sold back his equity interest in Sony/ATV because his relationship with MJ was troubled and he felt Michael was listening to an increasingly odd set of advisers who Branca feared did not have the singer's best interests at heart.

"He was surrounded and I had to resign," he said. "He did not ask me to stay. I resigned amicably."

Michael rehired Branca in June 2009. Branca's lawyer showed the court a letter from Michael dated June 17, 2009, in which Michael reiterated that he wants Branca in control of his affairs.

Whether you believe in the authenticity of this letter or not, it really doesn’t matter. It doesn’t change the fact that Branca and McClain are listed as executors of the will.

While the judge ruled in favor of Branca and McClain administering the estate as wished by Michael, he directed them to seek court approval for decisions involving marshaling the assets, attorney's fees, and settling claims and actions.
Despite losing control of the estate, to which Mrs. Jackson was appointed temporary administrator by the court earlier, her lawyer got a nod from the judge to have the co-executors keep her in the loop about any decisions they bring before the court regarding Michael's estate. The judge, however, clarified that Mrs. Jackson was not the co-executor of the will.

Michael's business and financial affairs were and continue to be extraordinarily complicated. I'm glad Branca is handling his estate. He has proven he's worth his weight in gold in the past.

And yes, the two Johns each get 5% executor’s fee, but really, that’s a normal fee for handeling a trust. You can’t expect executors to handle an estate for free.

It's good to think about this for a moment: In the peak of his career, Michael was surrounded by the people now being accused of a conspiracy (Branca, Dileo, Payne, Ortega, ...). But I think Michael was getting his life and career back on track and therefore rehired those people who helped him get his megastar status, who stood by his side all these years and who have proven their loyalty towards him.

I've been a MJ fan for as long as I can remember and I used to be very vocal about my support to the Jackson family but between the Cardiff disaster, the belt signing, the tacky perfume, the KJ book, the MJ drug addict fabrications, .... I'm done with them. They have shown their true colours and I understand more then every why MJ stayed away from them.

By the way, Jermaine is on record praising Branca and the will/trust but now all of the sudden it's fake and there is a conspiracy? Now that the estate is making money?

It was the role of all the siblings, but the problem is when you read the court document you really have the idea that he was paying for everything. She had a very successfull career too, so why her parents tryed to have the Estate paying for everything.
But is it not possible that she supported them financially but it was not documented anywhere? I'm pretty sure I've heard some reports that she did?

For the Super Bowl, I think the problem is for lots of people it was just a PR stunt, but the nudity wasn't a problem at all. In all honesty I am not a Janet so I haven't read critics of her albums.
Yeah, this is what I was trying to say but ended up ranting about other stuff lol Thanks. It was not the nudity but the fact that it was seen as a desperate attention seeking stunt and it ate up her credibility.

BINGO! By the time "Nipplegate" happened, her recording career had fell off and she hadn't yet hooked up with Tyler Perry, so yeah, it was a publicity stunt. Justin Timberlake certainly didn't need it, LOL! He bounced back from the mishap better than she did, perhaps due to his sound and style being more popular than hers.

Btw, the last album I bought by Janet was "Damita Jo" and even that one was weaker than her previous releases.

Last edited:

But is it not possible that she supported them financially but it was not documented anywhere? I'm pretty sure I've heard some reports that she did?

I don't know, I mean the KJ deposition said he was paying for the employee, the food, her clothes, etc.. It's possible, she helped from time to time, but obviously it wasn't as much as he did.

I don't know, I mean the KJ deposition said he was paying for the employee, the food, her clothes, etc.. It's possible, she helped from time to time, but obviously it wasn't as much as he did.
Hmmm. I'm not that familiar with it but I think there could be many explanations to this. But I dunno. I'm sure she helped / helps when needed. Maybe Katherine didn't want any from her, as she was getting it all from Michael?

BINGO! By the time "Nipplegate" happened, her recording career had fell off and she hadn't yet hooked up with Tyler Perry, so yeah, it was a publicity stunt. Justin Timberlake certainly didn't need it, LOL! He bounced back from the mishap better than she did, perhaps due to his sound and style being more popular than hers.

Btw, the last album I bought by Janet was "Damita Jo" and even that one was weaker than her previous releases.
LOL Loved your reason for editing BTW :D Yes, that was technically the reason why her career went downfall (although I don't think it had much to do with her music at the time). Damita Jo isn't my fav album either, but it wasn't that bad. 20 YO... Now there's an album that I dislike strongly.

Hmmm. I'm not that familiar with it but I think there could be many explanations to this. But I dunno. I'm sure she helped / helps when needed. Maybe Katherine didn't want any from her, as she was getting it all from Michael?

Maybe, who knows? But why is it to the Estate to pay for everything for KJ.
That article look bad too

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...4195884770.html?KEYWORDS=michael+jackson+debt

"The singer was also months behind on utility bills for his longtime family home in Encino, Calif., where his mother, Katherine, now lives with his three children, along with the children of two of his brothers. The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, owed nearly $9,000, was threatening to disconnect service. AT&T Inc. was owed $1,300."

Why didn't she pay it herself? Maybe she wasn't asked.

Maybe, who knows? But why is it to the Estate to pay for everything for KJ.
That article look bad too

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...4195884770.html?KEYWORDS=michael+jackson+debt

"The singer was also months behind on utility bills for his longtime family home in Encino, Calif., where his mother, Katherine, now lives with his three children, along with the children of two of his brothers. The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, owed nearly $9,000, was threatening to disconnect service. AT&T Inc. was owed $1,300."

Why didn't she pay it herself? Maybe she wasn't asked.

I honestly have no idea. Judging by what you've told me so far, I think K just doesn't ask or then this is not completely true?

I honestly have no idea. Judging by what you've told me so far, I think K just doesn't ask or then this is not completely true?

I believe the Estate paid everything when he died, I think it was one of the first thing they did. Maybe KJ didn't ask, but why not if they threaten to disconnect you?

I believe the Estate paid everything when he died, I think it was one of the first thing they did. Maybe KJ didn't ask, but why not if they threaten to disconnect you?
Too proud? Wouldn't be surprising. I don't think the Jacksons spoke as a group much, the information from one person to another didn't go through. I believe Janet, like Michael, distanced herself from her family for a period of time at one stage and I guess that has left a mark in their relationship. J & K have always spoken highly of each other as well, and according to Janet, Katherine was the one who kept the family together and informed Janet how the others were doing.

Too proud? Wouldn't be surprising. I don't think the Jacksons spoke as a group much, the information from one person to another didn't go through. I believe Janet, like Michael, distanced herself from her family for a period of time at one stage and I guess that has left a mark in their relationship. J & K have always spoken highly of each other as well, and according to Janet, Katherine was the one who kept the family together and informed Janet how the others were doing.

Maybe, but anyway, it's strange that they weren't sharing the cost of everything, even though she probably knew her brother had problems paying his own employees.

Maybe, but anyway, it's strange that they weren't sharing the cost of everything.
I guess. I wouldn't think too much of it though, and I'm sure things aren't like that now. Relationship with one person is always different from the one you have with someone else, and we don't really know what kind they've had / what kind they have right now.

It's hard not to believe if MJ Will stated that he leaves a couple Million to Joe and each of his siblings that they would be saying the will is fake! By the way Jermaine on The View said yes he was surprised that they weren't named in the will so...lol

Back