Michael's star power

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is somthing very vrong with this world if a singer/popstar is more known than world leders...
Mj was a grate artist, but again. a diplomat in the middel est is far more important

you may have right in many points. but I think MJ is a A list in the MJ fan univerce. but on "the man on the street" I think he has lost much of his fame.
And manu people are laguhing when they see him with tha mask.

Lets pray he makes good music. he hasen´t done it since dangerous

He hasn't done good music since dangeorous?? You gotta be kidding me;) What about They don't care about us, Earth song, Scream and You are not alone? They're one of his biggest hits! (and well known too). And you're saying he doesn't mean a lot to 'a man on the street". Well, let me tell you this: every time I go to a disco (twice a week), there's always either Black or White, or Bad, or The way you make me feel, or They don't care about us (or...) and people are GOING CRAZY AS HELL! They cheer, clap and all that. They don't do that to any other artist's songs. A lot of people think he's weird, but they love him at the same time.
Oh, by the way, I'm new here (well as a member), hello everyone:)

There is somthing very vrong with this world if a singer/popstar is more known than world leders...
Mj was a grate artist, but again. a diplomat in the middel est is far more important

World leaders, and diplomats in the Middle East are far more important than a singer/pop star to some, and not to others. It's depends how highly regard in each field that a pop star or world leader is viewed. How much a singer is not just a singer, but an artist that has an effect on culture is just as important, as how much a world leader promises and plans change the world. Both can't be compared, and both on varying degrees are just as important in different aspects of lives around the world.

no, pamarella. it's just that even if MJ is known on three planets, you would never see him as an A lister. it's your points that don't make sense, or even have reference..and you know it. you've just decided that he is not an A lister...just because. MJ's most telling A list is that you are on this site, and defiant at the same time. left with nothing but angry makeshift smileys.

VNCwilliams,
It seems like you only look at the world with only Michael Jackson in it. Of course to you Michael Jackson is going to be on the top of your list. You seem to think that Michael Jackson is the only famous person that the people of the world only knows. Michael Jackson is not current as far as his music career is concerned and that is why he isn't an A-List celebrity. A-List means current. You and others my find it ok when controversial topics in the media are discussed about Michael. You may think that negative topics about Michael makes him an A-list celebrity. I don't.... You seem to think that because the media talks about things that have nothing to do with Michael Jackson's music careers means that he is still relevent to a certain extent. The media reports on all celebrities if it is news worthy.. When the media pre-empted their news reporting when Michael Jackson was taken away in handcuffs, it was because it was news worthy. He was being arrested...... The media would have done that to Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Bono, Paul Mccartney ,Justin Timberlake and a host of other celebrities.

And I am not just only on Michael Jackson forums. I am also on the forums of other celebrities... You know Michael Jackson isn't the only celebrity that has fans.:D

Last edited:
here is a video dedicated to MJ's star power. never mind the big mouth or big head reference..that's not MJ, but this is the closest thing i could find to describe his wonderful life, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOYK7sG5c2Q&feature=related

and pamarella who is on this site enough to respond to my every post (what happened to the time on other celebrity forums? lol. stations play thriller every year, MJ had a commercial last year during the grammys..that ain't controversial stuff, and he is not a criminal as you seem to think. i'm done with you, i'm not discussing anymore. you're spinning things, and i don't want to deal with irrational reasoning. i'm so sorry that i'm going gaga over Michael Jackson on a Michael Jackson forum.

congratulations to tmz all the paps and citizens who keep following a 'relic from the past' who is 'not current'. congratulations to them all for staking out in front of the new home of a 'relic from the past'.:rolleyes: let's see..who determines the definition of 'current'? hmmm..somebody better tell that girl who blew off Brody Jenner, that he's current. oh..somebody tell Akon and tpain and neyo that you shouldn't be working on a new cd with Michael Jackson, cus he is 'not current'. pamarella said so. :rolleyes:
you mistake patience for not current.

by the way, somebody tell kiis fm in los angeles, they shouldn't have played the mj akon duet on the top nine at nine, and it shouldn't have sold well on itunes along with the mj will i am duet, and the akon mj duet shouldn't have been on the charts, as it was, cus mj is 'not current', according to pamarella.:rolleyes:

MJ's better than an A lister, and...
i'm out.

Last edited:
here is a video dedicated to MJ's star power. never mind the big mouth or big head reference..that's not MJ, but this is the closest thing i could find to describe his wonderful life, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOYK7sG5c2Q&feature=related

and pamarella who is on this site enough to respond to my every post (what happened to the time on other celebrity forums? lol. stations play thriller every year, MJ had a commercial last year during the grammys..that ain't controversial stuff, and he is not a criminal as you seem to think. i'm done with you, i'm not discussing anymore. you're spinning things, and i don't want to deal with irrational reasoning. i'm so sorry that i'm going gaga over Michael Jackson on a Michael Jackson forum.

congratulations to tmz all the paps and citizens who keep following a 'relic from the past' who is 'not current'. congratulations to them all for staking out in front of the new home of a 'relic from the past'.:rolleyes: let's see..who determines the definition of 'current'? hmmm..somebody better tell that girl who blew off Brody Jenner, that he's current. oh..somebody tell Akon and tpain and neyo that you shouldn't be working on a new cd with Michael Jackson, cus he is 'not current'. pamarella said so. :rolleyes:
you mistake patience for not current.

by the way, somebody tell kiis fm in los angeles, they shouldn't have played the mj akon duet on the top nine at nine, and it shouldn't have sold well on itunes along with the mj will i am duet, and the akon mj duet shouldn't have been on the charts, as it was, cus mj is 'not current', according to pamarella.:rolleyes:

MJ's better than an A lister, and...
i'm out.

VNcwilliams...
1. I responding to your comments because that is what people do on a forum.

2. WOW!!!!!!!! So you do think TMZ is credible? I never ever watch that show. TOO TABLOID. TMZ reports on all celebrities if it's TABLOID WORTHY...:yes:. It still doesn't make the star an A-Lister.

3. Did it ever occure to you that KIIS was playing the Jackson/Akon song (and the only song I might add) because it had something to do with MUSIC? I never once said that when it came to Michael's music it would never be played on radio station or fans wouldn't want to hear it.

See there you go again, twisting the argument.:yes:....

if the Music is tight then it's a green light. it has to be good and no drama. as for Hollywood goes they ain't thinking about him unless the music is slamming and he tours and he gets the attention back on the music. that is the key come out with the goods and nothing else.

lol..they all go on. face it..there are different opinions on everything. if there are people who will support chris brown no matter what he does (and there are) then there will be people who will say that Michael Jackson, today, is not an A lister or above.

I don't get how anyone can rationally say MJ isn't a A-list celebrity. It just seems like he isn't because you don't hear or read much about him in the mainstream media these days, but obviously if he was truly doing something musically, no music artist would get more attention than MJ.

I don't get how anyone can rationally say MJ isn't a A-list celebrity. It just seems like he isn't because you don't hear or read much about him in the mainstream media these days, but obviously if he was truly doing something musically, no music artist would get more attention than MJ.

Couldn't agree more!

All artist would love to work on the new album and get a chance to be part of MJ history! - Music History!

I wouldn't say ALL artists would want to work with him (e.g. Cher wouldn't do it I guess), but A LOT of them would:)

I hope MJ would never ever work with Cher! She's awful! :) I have never really liked her music.

um, I thought MJ was an A-lister. lol. It's not about whether he is an a-lister to certain people, it's about being an A-lister- period.

He is. If he would show up somewhere, he'd get preferential treatment. People try to get him at events. He has a ton of fans. Even people who aren't fans of him as a person are fans of his music. He has so much love from his fellow artists. If he's going somewhere, and people know about it, it's likely that there will be a crowd.

an A-list celebrity isn't based on when is the last time you've done music/acting, or whatever. It's based on whether or not you are important. And after all that MJ has done in the music industry, added to people wanting to know about him, and the things we already know about him- he's a-list.

Just think, If a network had the choice of either being the first to air Brad Pitts new movie or MJ's new concert, which would they pick???

I don't get how anyone can rationally say MJ isn't a A-list celebrity.

Well said !

sure...he is A list for some people! most Mj fans :)

That's you opinion not shared by the majority of the population around the world, including non MJ fans !

um, I thought MJ was an A-lister. lol. It's not about whether he is an a-lister to certain people, it's about being an A-lister- period.

He is. If he would show up somewhere, he'd get preferential treatment. People try to get him at events. He has a ton of fans. Even people who aren't fans of him as a person are fans of his music. He has so much love from his fellow artists. If he's going somewhere, and people know about it, it's likely that there will be a crowd.

an A-list celebrity isn't based on when is the last time you've done music/acting, or whatever. It's based on whether or not you are important. And after all that MJ has done in the music industry, added to people wanting to know about him, and the things we already know about him- he's a-list.

Just think, If a network had the choice of either being the first to air Brad Pitts new movie or MJ's new concert, which would they pick???

Well said, and the networks would pick a new MJ concert because it would be a high ratings winner.

Why do you and others think that some of us don't know what Michael Jackson has done for the world of entertainment?????
Of course he would get preferential treatment and so would Madonna, Paul McCartney and Bono. The difference with them is that none of them have had the controversey surrounding their fame like Michael has. No one talks about their music career and controversies in the same sentence as they do with Michael. We all know about Michael contributions to the world of entertainment. Tell me something new...... What is Michael Jackson doing now with his music? His accomplishments have been over shadowed by what has taken place in his personal life and for that reason he may not be an A-List celebrity.
OFF THE WALL, THRILLER, BAD, DANGEROUS AND his other albums are all in the past. THEY HAVE MADE HISTORY... What is new and fresh going on with Michael that will put him back on the A-List?

Last edited:
Well said !

That's you opinion not shared by the majority of the population around the world, including non MJ fans !

Well said, and the networks would pick a new MJ concert because it would be a high ratings winner.
Well lets wait and see when that concert happens. WHAT IF'S will not put you on the A-List.

Well lets wait and see when that concert happens. WHAT IF'S will not put you on the A-List.

The above is a rich statement coming from you of all people, and not one that can be taken seriously. Some months ago you continued insist that the Jackson 5 were reuniting in a very argumentative manner, even when Michael issued a statement saying it was happening.

The above is a rich statement coming from you of all people, and not one that can be taken seriously. Some months ago you continued insist that the Jackson 5 were reuniting in a very argumentative manner, even when Michael issued a statement saying it was happening.
You are so right. However I disagree that I was arguing. But some Michael Jackson fans such as yourself feel that way when others don't agree with them as far as Michael's current star power status..... So about the concert airing on television, lets wait and see.:)

yes, those who said that MJ could sell out a concert were right..as recently as 2001, only eight years ago, in the heat of his so called 'controveries'. but it's best not to argue with people who believe the world is flat, when it is round. if he does sell out, those people will find a way to say it didn't sell out. we know he is an A lister.. it's not our job to convince those other few people that don't believe it, since those who would go see him, far outnumber those who wouldn't..and come from counties all over the world. as they have proven when he visits antique shops and such..people from all over the world, give a shout out to their countries and say hello to Mike. and how they are desperate to see him. there are people on this site who have made countless threads begging him to do a concert, and fearing that they won't get to the ticket offices or online, in time. but that's not enough to convince a person who doesn't want to see it..so..it's just a waste of breath.

yes, those who said that MJ could sell out a concert were right..as recently as 2001, only eight years ago, in the heat of his so called 'controveries'. but it's best not to argue with people who believe the world is flat, when it is round. if he does sell out, those people will find a way to say it didn't sell out. we know he is an A lister.. it's not our job to convince those other few people that don't believe it, since those who would go see him, far outnumber those who wouldn't..and come from counties all over the world. as they have proven when he visits antique shops and such..people from all over the world, give a shout out to their countries and say hello to Mike. and how they are desperate to see him. there are people on this site who have made countless threads begging him to do a concert, and fearing that they won't get to the ticket offices or online, in time. but that's not enough to convince a person who doesn't want to see it..so..it's just a waste of breath.
They will do that to a lot of stars, not just Michael Jackson. What is so different about what you just said. I see if for my ownself when people go up to stars in department stores and groceries stores. That is not what being an A-List celebrity is all about. And Michael had another court trial is 2005. You ignored that. He hasn't done another concert. Why do you keep bringing of the past achievments. I'm talking about current. What is he doing current. Can you and Ben answer that?

They will do that to a lot of stars, not just Michael Jackson. What is so different about what you just said. I see if for my ownself when people go up to stars in department stores and groceries stores. That is not what being an A-List celebrity is all about. And Michael had another court trial is 2005. He hasn't done another concert. Why do you keep bring of the past.

you can't have controversy unless you actually did something wrong. you are mistaking talboid reporters like Martin Bashir for real controversy. he was brought to trial based on a tabloid reporter. that's not controversy..that's slander. that's not MJ's fault. the only way you can brand MJ a troubled figure, is if he actually did something wrong. why do YOU keep bringing up the tabloid past? so your reasons for not listing him as an A lister are extremely flawed. and i just mentioned that madonna appeared in a store and was not followed by onlookers. and brody jenner went to a bar and was brushed off. so, not all stars get the same treatment as michael.

you can't have controversy unless you actually did something wrong. you are mistaking talboid reporters like Martin Bashir for real controversy. he was brought to trial based on a tabloid reporter. that's not controversy..that's slander. that's not MJ's fault. the only way you can brand MJ a troubled figure, is if he actually did something wrong. why do YOU keep bringing up the tabloid past? so your reasons for not listing him as an A lister are extremely flawed. and i just mentioned that madonna appeared in a store and was not followed by onlookers. and brody jenner went to a bar and was brushed off. so, not all stars get the same treatment as michael.

Because, the controversies have had an impact on his career and you seemed to be in denial of that. I am not saying that Michael Jackson isn't the great musicians that he is, but regardless of how he has impacted the music industry with his talents, the controversies of his personal life have over taken his amazing accomplishments. You have a whole new generation of people who only know very little about his music contributions and a whole lot about his controversies and that is very disturbing to me. I am not saying that Michael was guilty of anything.
But he is not an A-list celebrity right now.

Because, the controversies have had an impact on his career and you seemed to be in denial of that. I am not saying that Michael Jackson isn't the great musicians that he is, but regardless of how he has impacted the music industry with his talents, the controversies of his personal life have over taken his amazing accomplishments. You have a whole new generation of people who only know very little about his music contributions and a whole lot about his controversies and that is very disturbing to me. I am not saying that Michael was guilty of anything.
But he is not an A-list celebrity right now.

you are wrong about the new generation, thanks to chris brown, justin timberlake, neyo tpain and others who give mj props. you are wrong about the teenagers today who flooded the courthouses and follow him everywhere he goes..they are smart enough to love mj for all the right reasons. you underestimate this generation. i don't know where you get your info, unless you believe the media. i don't know why some peeps keep underestimating this generation. he is an A list celeb to all those people, or they wouldn't follow him around. he is an a lister and will be until the day that he is treated the same way as madonna and brody jenner, or less. and, by the way, madonna is a controversial figure, and she makes no bones about it. people accuse her of being more of a businesswoman than a musician. what was the last movie that elizabeth taylor was in? people see her as an A list celeb, and she was considered notorious for many marriages, and many of this generation don't know her movies, but she is still an a lister. even beyond. all the people that use friday the thirteenth and halloween to celebrate michael are of multiple generations. it doesn't matter what of his music they use..the fact is, it's the music for them, not the controversies. i keep getting caught up with you, but i will truly stop, because your opinion remains your opinion, and nothing MJ can do will change that. your definition of A list is not somebody else's. and you are no better than them.

you are wrong about the new generation, thanks to chris brown, justin timberlake, neyo tpain and others who give mj props. you are wrong about the teenagers today who flooded the courthouses and follow him everywhere he goes..they are smart enough to love mj for all the right reasons. you underestimate this generation. i don't know where you get your info, unless you believe the media. i don't know why some peeps keep underestimating this generation. he is an A list celeb to all those people, or they wouldn't follow him around. he is an a lister and will be until the day that he is treated the same way as madonna and brody jenner, or less. and, by the way, madonna is a controversial figure, and she makes no bones about it. people accuse her of being more of a businesswoman than a musician. what was the last movie that elizabeth taylor was in? people see her as an A list celeb, and she was considered notorious for many marriages, and many of this generation don't know her movies, but she is still an a lister. even beyond. all the people that use friday the thirteenth and halloween to celebrate michael are of multiple generations. it doesn't matter what of his music they use..the fact is, it's the music for them, not the controversies. i keep getting caught up with you, but i will truly stop, because your opinion remains your opinion, and nothing MJ can do will change that. your definition of A list is not somebody else's. and you are no better than them.
Chris Brown, Usher and Justin Timberlake, talk about Michael Jackson, the same way that Michael talked about James Brown and Jackie Wilson when he was up and coming. And I don't get my information from Tabloids. I have my own young family members who have friends who are the younger generation and I know how they feel about Michael Jackson. Yes they know about Thriller and Bad, but they mostly know about the controversies.

And I don't consider Brody Jenner to be an a list at all. I don't know why you keep bringing him up.

Madonna has never sold more records then Michael, but her fan base is just as strong. Have you ever been to a Modonna concert??? Well I have and her fans are no different then Michael Jackson fans when it comes to devotion. I'm sure if she had a 3 month court trial, there would be fans from all over the world for her.
Right now Madonna is an A-List celebrity more so then Michael is at this time. Madonna put out an album and Justin Timberlake sang on it....

Elizebeth Taylor runs a major Aids charity that has a lot of stars involved in her yearly event that she holds. She has raised Millions of dollars for Aids reasearch... For that reason she is an A-List celebrity.

Current..............

Chris Brown, Usher and Justin Timberlake, talk about Michael Jackson, the same way that Michael talked about James Brown and Jackie Wilson when he was up and coming. And I don't get my information from Tabloids. I have my own young family members who have friends who are the younger generation and I know how they feel about Michael Jackson. Yes they know about Thriller and Bad, but they mostly know about the controversies.

And I don't consider Brody Jenner to be an a list at all. I don't know why you keep bringing him up.

Madonna has never sold more records then Michael, but her fan base is just as strong. Have you ever been to a Modonna concert??? Well I have and her fans are no different then Michael Jackson fans when it comes to devotion. I'm sure if she had a 3 month court trial, there would be fans from all over the world for her.
Right now Madonna is an A-List celebrity more so then Michael is at this time. Madonna put out an album and Justin Timberlake sang on it....

Elizebeth Taylor runs a major Aids charity that has a lot of stars involved in her yearly event that she holds. She has raised Millions of dollars for Aids reasearch... For that reason she is an A-List celebrity.

Current..............

so u are blaming michael for taking his time making an album? u think mj is not running a charity jus cus u don't hear about it? u r saying mj is not a list cus u don't have the patience for mj's perfectionism. he is current cus he is working on a cd. he is A list cus he doesn't have to do anything to create buzz. the rest of them have to keep moving. that is better than A list. ur lack of patience does not negate the fact that MJ is an A lister. madonna will be an A lister if she can take a break, and still create the buzz, like michael does. mj is making money from most of the artists u see out there. u blame mj for the way he operates and therefore u don't see him as an A lister. he does not have to please u to be an A lister. He is an A lister to many young people that u r turning a blind eye to. u r picking and choosing ur young people to suit ur argument. if that is the case, then there are plenty of young people that do not like madonna. michael has sold more with less than madonna. that makes him more of an A lister than madonna. there are people who don't like every artist out there, just as there are people who do like them, so, again, ur reasoning is flawed. the bottom line is, u don't think he should be an A lister cus he takes his time. that is not a reason to be less than an A lister. he shouldn't have to go at your speed to be an A lister, and he doesn't have to. he is current. and patient. and an A lister. the person who gets the most buzz is an A lister. he gets the most buzz for the right reasons..and to say it is for the wrong reasons is to insult the many young people u choose to ignore. u r, in effect, blaming him for having an original way of operating, that does not suit u. he operates unlike other artists. that does not negate his A list status. it was worth posting this.

u would think that since u just told on urself by saying that mj and madonna get equal reaaction, that u would consider them equal in A list status. but u seperate the two because u prefer madonna's method over michael's. that's not objective. the fact is, buzz is the answer. and madonna can walk the streets. michael cannot. madonna has been known to even be able to ride a bike in the park or on the street, freely without an entourage. michael cannot. madonna appeared recently in a los angeles grocery store with her daughter without an entourage. michael needs the entourage, all the time. or a disguise, or to be hustled in from his vehicle.

by the way u said madonna put out an album. so did mj. u said mj had only one song on the radio. so did madonna with 4 minutes. u said timberlake sang on madonna's song. well, akon sang on mj's song.

Last edited:
sure...he is A list for some people! most Mj fans :)

I don't get the "to most MJ fans" stuff. Where have you seen non fans not act like a bitch when MJ was around? I could see your point more if MJ appeared at a high profile event like the Grammys or a record signing and it was hardly any fanfare. But we all know what would happen if he were to appear at events like those.

I don't get the "to most MJ fans" stuff. Where have you seen non fans not act like a bitch when MJ was around? I could see your point more if MJ appeared at a high profile event like the Grammys or a record signing and it was hardly any fanfare. But we all know what would happen if he were to appear at events like those.

exactly.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back