Michael's star power

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have facts either. You only have your opinion.... Leave it at that.

I don't think Michael Jackson is an A-List celebrity right now. You look at the past. I choose to look at what Michael Jackson is doing now... Get over it.
I am not a Michael Jackson FANATIC. I am a fan of his music.

i did back it up with facts..so did everbody esle here except u. mj can get in any club, anywhere for free. ur list is hit or miss. i am not a fanatic..just stating facts. he is A list, now. i'm looking at the past and present. u get over it. ur closing urself to reality.

You don't have facts either. You only have your opinion.... Leave it at that.

I don't think Michael Jackson is an A-List celebrity right now. You look at the past. I choose to look at what Michael Jackson is doing now... Get over it.
I am not a Michael Jackson FANATIC. I am a fan of his music.

ur points about 'get over it' and such are of argument..not debate. saying 'fanatic' is argument..not debate. u r argumentative. i stated the facts..the fans..getting into every club in the world for free, that other celebs cannot touch..those are facts. i am a fan of his music..not a fanatic. we already described what he is doing now, with akon and others. not that he has to.

take it easy!!!...most famus person in the world??? sure:p...hehe
You are not better than your latest song if you see it commercialy. most people dont have grate expectations for mj´s next work. we just have to face it!...it can only go one way. and that is up :)...what is a good thing.

and I just have to say. im a person that love MJ more than his music. I dont think he has mad somthing outstandin since dangerous. History for me is very childisc album, spesially the lyric. but i love MJ, he is a grate human that the world has much to learn from

yes he is the biggest star..some of the peeps that have high expectations are stars working with him right now.

wow, shit flying everywhere. nothing more pathetic than superficial celeb admiration like "A-lists" and whatnot, but..

Parmella, what's your definition of 'A-list' and which celebrity entertainer alive today do you think would get some kind of 'priority treatment' over someone as famous as Michael Jackson?

most of the time i wish he wasn't so bastardly famous so the majority would actually discuss, realise, respect and appreciate his work for a change.

wow, shit flying everywhere. nothing more pathetic than superficial celeb admiration like "A-lists" and whatnot, but..

Parmella, what's your definition of 'A-list' and which celebrity entertainer alive today do you think would get some kind of 'priority treatment' over someone as famous as Michael Jackson?

most of the time i wish he wasn't so bastardly famous so the majority would actually discuss, realise, respect and appreciate his work for a change.
Yes it is shit flying and it is always the fanatical Michael Jackson fans that fly it.... Their version of a A-List would be Michael Jackson from 1. to 10.

Paul McCartney, Madonna, Bono, Stevie Wonder, Quincey Jones, Tina Turner, Barbra Streisand to name a few. None of these stars have the controversie that follows them like Michael does. Madonna may come close, but she still gets more respect from the media than Michael Jackson does. All of these stars are very much active with in the music community whether it's behind the scene or with current recording projects.. I don't see Michael doing any of the above.

All of the above that I mentioned are ICONS.

you haven't actually responded to any part of my post except the "shit flying" bit, lol. i didn't say a word about "icons". the bloke could have gone into retirement two decades ago and i'd still win this debate point, lol.

i think a number of fans come in here with one of two agendas that drive their arguments, overruling all logic - 1: trying too hard to be as "objective" a fan as possible and not "sound like" a "fanatic" (and being so proud in announcing this too), which i've seen go way over the top and beyond reason many a time. and on the very extreme end (but equal ridiculousness) you have group 2: being proud in their fanaticism and don't really care how wack their ish sound as long as they play their 'praise Mike no matter what' agenda which drives 99% of their posts.

it's a pretty sad sight to see every now and again, and imo embarasses the community no matter which game you play.

Paul McCartney, Madonna, Bono, Stevie Wonder, Quincey Jones, Tina Turner, Barbra Streisand to name a few. None of these stars have the controversie that follows them like Michael does. Madonna may come close, but she still gets more respect from the media than Michael Jackson does. All of these stars are very much active with in the music community whether it's behind the scene or with current recording projects.. I don't see Michael doing any of the above.

LOL, I don't understand why people take the media seriously...the same journalists who talk crap about MJ are the ones that shit their pants at the very sight of him so it doesn't really matter anyway...

And Michael isn't? please...

you haven't actually responded to any part of my post except the "shit flying" bit, lol. i didn't say a word about "icons". the bloke could have gone into retirement two decades ago and i'd still win this debate point, lol.

i think a number of fans come in here with one of two agendas that drive their arguments, overruling all logic - 1: trying too hard to be as "objective" a fan as possible and not "sound like" a "fanatic" (and being so proud in announcing this too), which i've seen go way over the top and beyond reason many a time. and on the very extreme end (but equal ridiculousness) you have group 2: being proud in their fanaticism and don't really care how wack their ish sound as long as they play their 'praise Mike no matter what' agenda which drives 99% of their posts.

it's a pretty sad sight to see every now and again, and imo embarasses the community no matter which game you play.

This is what you asked me:

I told you who I thought was an A-List above and I told you why.

No you did not mention Icon, but I did because some fans believe that Michael Jackson is the only Iconic star alive.

I don't care what other fans agenda of Michael Jackson is. But there are those who come on here and they just take it to personal when people give a critical veiw of Michael. To them it's the end of the world. You damned to hell.

Yes it is shit flying and it is always the fanatical Michael Jackson fans that fly it.... Their version of a A-List would be Michael Jackson from 1. to 10.

so you are a media fanatic. you go by what you think the media says..plus you lump all the media into one. plus you use inflammatory words. you are the only one flying the shit, becauase you are the only one getting personal. we were using info, and you were hurling insults. you are discounting what many artists are doing right now, with MJ, behind the scenes. you decide to blind yourself to that, for your arguments sake..and i do mean arguement. are you calling neyo akon and these other artists liars? they are working with MJ right now. you just said that you don't see MJ doing any of the above..you discounted the artists i just mentioned, and resorted to name calling..so..you have become the hypocritcal one. you are one of those who accuse positive people on MJ of being fanatical..you really are no better than the media that you praise. you use the media as the source to cast the final judgement? wow..

by the way, you are wrong about BOno..a lot of controversy followed him, and there are people who think that this band has been replaced by coldplay...so...you are just flaming your own opinions, with inflammatory remarks.

those artists you mentioned are regional at best. MJ has broken more barriers with more people of more social backgrounds, religions, and many other factions, than all those stars that you mentioned, combined. and he doesn't offend one political side over another like some of those other artists you mentioned.. so he has more clout in more communities than all of them. that's just a fact.

again, you are lying when you say MJ is not involved in a recording project.

and, if MJ takes a break, that does NOT take from his A list status.

Last edited:
so you are a media fanatic. you go by what you think the media says..plus you lump all the media into one. plus you use inflammatory words. you are the only one flying the shit, becauase you are the only one getting personal. we were using info, and you were hurling insults. you are discounting what many artists are doing right now, with MJ, behind the scenes. you decide to blind yourself to that, for your arguments sake..and i do mean arguement. are you calling neyo akon and these other artists liars? they are working with MJ right now. you just said that you don't see MJ doing any of the above..you discounted the artists i just mentioned, and resorted to name calling..so..you have become the hypocritcal one. you are one of those who accuse positive people on MJ of being fanatical..you really are no better than the media that you praise. you use the media as the source to cast the final judgement? wow..

by the way, you are wrong about BOno..a lot of controversy followed him, and there are people who think that this band has been replaced by coldplay...so...you are just flaming your own opinions, with inflammatory remarks.

those artists you mentioned are regional at best. MJ has broken more barriers with more people of more social backgrounds, religions, and many other factions, than all those stars that you mentioned, combined. and he doesn't offend one political side over another like some of those other artists you mentioned.. so he has more clout in more communities than all of them. that's just a fact.

Relax VcnWilliams, you are going to die of a stroke. MY God!!!!

I don't think Michael Jackson is an A-List Celebrity. Except it...

And there are those who think Justin Timberlake has replaced Michael Jackson. So whats your point?..... The controversie doesn't follow Bono like it does Michael Jackson. But I would say that ColdPlay is more on the A-List right now than Michael Jackson.

This is a Fanatical point of view.

Relax VcnWilliams, you are going to day of a stroke. MY God!!!!

I don't think Michael Jackson is an A-List Celebrity. Except it...

And there are those who think Justin Timberlake has replaced Michael Jackson. So whats your point?..... The controversie doesn't follow Bono like it does Michael Jackson. But I would say that ColdPlay is more on the A-List right now than Michael Jackson.

you already had the stroke. you are the one that blew your stack with personal attacks. i'm calm. i'm just calling it like it is.

and you are just blowing smoke now.

nobody thinks timberlake has replaced MJ..not even rolling stone. they go back on their claims in the midst of their articles. you don't read up enough. you would say coldplay? there are people around the world who don't know who coldplay is. but those people know MJ. and the controversy does follow Bono. they think he is too politically overcharged.

nobody accuses MJ of these serious issues. if anything, they tell singed jokes about his appearance now. that is not as serious as political controversy. if anything, the jokers are made to look lame and rediculous. so, if anything, you are overblowing MJ controversy..you are living in the past. the trial was soo half a decade ago. stupid jokes are not on the level of political controversy.

MJ is A list, because he is never banned from going into the highest profile of places. there are people who would accept MJ on both sides before accepting Bono on the side he is against, politically. MJ brings the two sides together...and many in those places would consider him dignitary material. and, how about getting your bearings right, enough to correctly spell my name.

you already had the stroke. you are the one that blew your stack with personal attacks. i'm calm. i'm just calling it like it is.

and you are just blowing smoke now.

nobody thinks timberlake has replaced MJ..not even rolling stone. they go back on their claims in the midst of their articles. you don't read up enough. you would say coldplay? there are people around the world who don't know who coldplay is. but those people know MJ. and the controversy does follow Bono. they think he is too politically overcharged.

nobody accuses MJ of these serious issues. if anything, they tell singed jokes about his appearance now. that is not as serious as political controversy. if anything, the jokers are made to look lame and rediculous.

MJ is A list, because he is never banned from going into the highest profile of places. there are people who would accept MJ on both sides before accepting Bono on the side he is against, politically. MJ brings the two sides together...and many in those places would consider him dignitary material. and, how about getting your bearings right, enough to correctly spell my name.
:D Respect my opinion and move on. I don't think Michael Jackson is on the A-List. Let it go...

:D Respect my opinion and move on. I don't think Michael Jackson is on the A-List. Let it go...

And we disagree with you, so why don't you just move on? I told you before I would take your opinion more seriously if you could actually throw up a time when MJ did something musically or he appeared somewhere and it truly wasn't a big deal. The way you're carrying on you'd think Justin Timberlake or Beyonce or whoever is hot at the moment, upstaged MJ when MJ was at the same place as they were.

Everyone knows what happens when this man appears anywhere, so what are you going on about?

And we disagree with you, so why don't you just move on? I told you before I would take your opinion more seriously if you could actually throw up a time when MJ did something musically or he appeared somewhere and it truly wasn't a big deal. The way you're carrying on you'd think Justin Timberlake or Beyonce or whoever is hot at the moment, upstaged MJ when MJ was at the same place as they were.

Everyone knows what happens when this man appears anywhere, so what are you going on about?

we shouldn't go on with someone who doesn't practice what she preaches about respect, and moving on. we'll all just end up getting banned. lol. yes we all know what happens in an MJ appearance, but a refusal to acknowledge it and all else about his A listing, says all we need to know, loudly and clearly. we don't have to have our lives controlled by a refusal to acknowledge it coming from her. we're used to this from some(NOT ALL) media outlets.

Last edited:

I can careless whether you disagree or not. I don't think Michael Jackson is an A-LIST CELEBRITY. How clearer can I be. If you think he is, then so be it. I don't. And I am not going anywhere. If you don't like it, then you move on.

When was the last time he appeared anywhere other than a courtroom?

Justin Timberlake and Beyonce are A- LISTERS in the world of music right now. Michael isn't doing any music as we speak. There is talk that he is.

I can be objective when it comes to other musicians and their contribution to music. Michael Jackson isn't the only one. He wasn't the first and he won't be the last.

Beyonce might have said some things about the Jacksons, but you can't deny what she is doing...

we shouldn't go on with someone who doesn't practice what she preaches about respect, and moving on. we'll all just end up getting banned. lol. yes we all know what happens in an MJ appearance, but a refusal to acknowledge it and all else about his A listing, says all we need to know, loudly and clearly. we don't have to have our lives controlled by a refusal to acknowledge it coming from her. we're used to this from some(NOT ALL) media outlets.

You just pray that the only people on this forum are people that only agree with you. If that is what this forum wants, then they can ban me.

And you of all peoople have the nerve to talk about control????

I can careless whether you disagree or not. I don't think Michael Jackson is an A-LIST CELEBRITY. How clearer can I be. If you think he is, then so be it. I don't. And I am not going anywhere. If you don't like it, then you move on.

When was the last time he appeared anywhere other than a courtroom?

Justin Timberlake and Beyonce are A- LISTERS in the world of music right now. Michael isn't doing any music as we speak. There is talk that he is.

I can be objective when it comes to other musicians and their contribution to music. Michael Jackson isn't the only one. He wasn't the first and he won't be the last.

Beyonce might have said some things about the Jacksons, but you can't deny what she is doing...

Stop being argumentative. No where have I disrespected other musicians, so there's no need for you to do that preachy "I can be objective" crap. It's unnecessary. This topic ain't that serious. I mean, you're getting all up in our faces over this.

All i'm saying is, when MJ does something or is just rumored to do something musically, what happens? Is it or is it not a big deal? Even Friedman acted like a huge bitch when he thought MJ could be doing The Grammys last year. Or how many times did artists mention MJ on the Grammys red carpet last year? Or who was it the Grammys folks were using to promote last year's show? It things like that that proves the point that MJ is still huge mega celebrity.

Stop being argumentative. No where have I disrespected other musicians, so there's no need for you to do that preachy "I can be objective" crap. It's unnecessary. This topic ain't that serious. I mean, you're getting all up in our faces over this.
You are being just as argumentative.
All i'm saying is, when MJ does something or is just rumored to do something musically, what happens? Is it or is it not a big deal? Even Friedman acted like a huge bitch when he thought MJ could be doing The Grammys last year. Or how many times did artists mention MJ on the Grammys red carpet last year? Or who was it the Grammys folks were using to promote last year's show? It things like that that proves the point that MJ is still huge mega celebrity.

Don't try to get up in my face. I am not trying to preach to you so don't try to preach to me. And you are being just as argumentative. It's amazing how some of you fans accuse other fans of being argumentative when you are doing the exact same thing. My freaking opinion is that Michael Jackson isn't on the A-list. That's your problem if you don't like how I feel.

Yeah and your little snide comment about me bringing up Beyonce and Justin Timberlake. So you were disrespectful....

I never said that Michael isn't a huge star. I just don't think he is on the A-List at this time. Rodger Friedman is tabloid to me. So if you are a die hard Michael Jackson fans then why do you care what he says.

What was discussed about Michael Jackson at the Grammy's this year????

Ppl this endless bickering about who's right and who's wrong is senseless.
Please agree to disagree and move on.

Find someone you can make smile or find a birdy singing on your way which is hopefully able to make you smile.

Sheeeesh life is precious.

Ppl this endless bickering about who's right and who's wrong is senseless.
Please agree to disagree and move on.

Find someone you can make smile or find a birdy singing on your way which is hopefully able to make you smile.

Sheeeesh life is precious.
You are by far the most positive person on the forum. :yes::punk:

This thread is going nowhere!

I consider MJ a selfwritten a-list celebrity - if not above that!

If you don't think he is an a-list celebrity, then that's just your opinion, which is fine!

But the debate is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back