Michael's star power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you and others think that some of us don't know what Michael Jackson has done for the world of entertainment?????
Of course he would get preferential treatment and so would Madonna, Paul McCartney and Bono. The difference with them is that none of them have had the controversey surrounding their fame like Michael has. No one talks about their music career and controversies in the same sentence as they do with Michael. We all know about Michael contributions to the world of entertainment. Tell me something new...... What is Michael Jackson doing now with his music? His accomplishments have been over shadowed by what has taken place in his personal life and for that reason he may not be an A-List celebrity.
OFF THE WALL, THRILLER, BAD, DANGEROUS AND his other albums are all in the past. THEY HAVE MADE HISTORY... What is new and fresh going on with Michael that will put him back on the A-List?

I don't remember saying you didn't know what MJ has done in the music world. I would assume you did, since you are on an MJ board. I was just saying that it was one of the reasons that he is an A-lister.

Certain people know more about his controversies than his music, and others know more about his music. And some know both. Who cares?

Being an A-list celebrity has nothing to do with when the last time you've dones something or put something out.

It's based on what level the industry puts you on, and sometimes the number of fans you have. And MJ's lack of being seen lately would probably help his status. If MJ and Madonna were asking to come to an event and there was only ONE spot left- MJ would get it, lol. We can see Madonna anywhere, and people would want to see MJ more.

He's not doing anything now (other than whatever projects he's working on). But what does that have to do with anything?

Even if Michael doesn't release new music or new project any more, he is still, and will always be wayyyyy above A-list, period.

You are so right. However I disagree that I was arguing. But some Michael Jackson fans such as yourself feel that way when others don't agree with them as far as Michael's current star power status..... So about the concert airing on television, lets wait and see.:)

I'm right, and you are wrong !

You were arguing, and your comments and views and previous threads show your opinions are not based on fact.

So about the Jackson 5 reunion, you said it was happening even when Michael issued a direct statement saying no reunion was happening. So when are the tour dates, and new Jackson 5 album release.

Even if Michael doesn't release new music or new project any more, he is still, and will always be wayyyyy above A-list, period.

Yeah. He has done soo much, Michaelmania will live till the day he dies - maybe even live on after he has passed away!

His achivements are incredible, his performances legendary! His person ikonic (don't know how to spell that :lol:) and he is already a Legend. A living Legend, Elvis didn't even become Legend while living, nor did Frank Sinatra (if he ever became one)!!

He is, as carolMy, said on a list above A-list!

He is on the very very short list of LEGENDS!!!

:punk:

You were arguing, and your comments and views and previous threads show your opinions are not based on fact.

So about the Jackson 5 reunion, you said it was happening even when Michael issued a direct statement saying no reunion was happening. So when are the tour dates, and new Jackson 5 album release.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That sure would be intresting to know! :lol: :lol: :lol:

J5 reunion will never ever happen, benscarr is right about that!

It's takes 2 to argue, so that includes you Ben.
Now Michael has issued a lot of statements saying what he will do or will not do and then he changed his mind for example, he said that he wouldn't live in the United States every again... Remember that???? Where is he living now?

The Jacksons are all the same... They say they are going to do something and then they don't. That includes Michael.

So you are just as wrong. You don't know anymore than I do when it comes to Michael Jackson. You think you know more, but you don't.

But this topic is about Michael being an A-LIST celebrity. Instead of attacking me for not agreeing with you, give me some current examples on how Michael is on the A-List. Please don't bring up his past acheivments or how tabloid newspapers and television shows still talk about NONE MUSIC topics about Michael. I have given plenty of examples on why he isn't a current A-List celebrity:cheeky:.

Last edited:
Now Michael has issued a lot of statements saying what he will do or will not do and then he changed his mind, for example He wouldn't live in the United States every again... Remember that???? Where is he living now?

The Jacksons are all the same... They say they are going to do something and then they don't. That includes Michael.

So you are just as wrong. You don't know anymore than I do when it comes to Michael Jackson. You think you know more, but you don't.

But this topic is about Michael being an A-LIST celebrity. Instead of attacking me for not agreeing with you, give me some current examples on how Michael is on the A-List. Please don't bring up his past acheivments or how tabloid newspapers and television shows still talk about NONE MUSIC topics about Michael. I have given plenty of examples on why he isn't a current A-List celebrity:cheeky:.

first you say you don't know anything about MJ like Ben, then you say you do know. you haven't given any good examples for your argument. if anything, what you gave equals what's going on in many other celeb lives that you say are A list. Michael's situation is no different from Madonna's. the only difference is one is touring and the other is not. not wanting to tour one's self into the ground is not a good enough reason to not be A list. but like i said..MJ cannot walk the streets as easily as Madonna can. and the folks who chase after him, know him for his music. to say that people go after Madonna solely for her music is not known by you. it could be that they interview her because of her controversial sexually charged approach. you vascillate between people you call A listers, for reasons other than their craft. that's hyporcritcal, because you accuse MJ for being known only for things other than HIS craft. you say Elizabeth Taylor is charitable..so is MJ, but you seem to blame him for not putting it out there for everybody to see. you haven't come up with a valid arguement. you are not consistent. the only thing you have trouble with is MJ is taking too long for your taste. that's lame. why is it a crime to take one's time? being patient and taking longer than you like does not take away MJ's A list status. if anything..it assures us that his material will be better than Madonna's, Justin's, Akon's or anyone elese's..which is why he has his legendary status in the first place. how many people do you know who can get the number 1 pop album without promotion? madonna can't do that..MJ can. you keep circling back to the idea of how long you have to wait for MJ. that's just not good enough to take away his A list standing.

you have to try harder to come up with a reason that has nothing to do with other celebrities who are doing the same thing...the only difference between Mj and the others..i say again..which you have a problem with..is the time you have to wait. you are penalizing MJ for a great virtue, known as patience. and...by the way..right now..MJ has done enough to never have to do anything again..unlike the others. and never lose his A list status. that's why most of the people on this site have such high musical standards..cus MJ makes sure that he has the best stuff, no matter how long it takes. again, i say..patience is not a crime. it's an asset to A list status.

and what the hell does changing one's mind have to do with anything? is it a crime to change one's mind? you telling me, Madonna has never changed her mind? you telling me that there is a human being on this earth who has never changed their mind? that's def not good enough to erase MJ's A list status. patience is a virtue. it's not a crime..and MJ should be commended for it. if he thinks something is not right..he'll change his mind, to give the fans the best quality. it will take more time. that's the best A list quality. :) that's why MJ is the best A lister.

and one more thing about MJ, the A lister. he has not changed his mind about Neverland. He has not stepped foot into that place, ever again.

Now Michael has issued a lot of statements saying what he will do or will not do and then he changed his mind for example, he said that he wouldn't live in the United States every again... Remember that???? Where is he living now?

You havent at all. You've just pointed out wht is "wrong" with MJ, you've listed his "faults" and that's it.

I've listed plenty of reasons why he is an A-list celebrity.

I think you can't see that being an a-list celebrity isn't about a controversy or the last time you've done something.

It's about status in the entertainment world, and MJ has a high status

first you say you don't know anything about MJ like Ben, then you say you do know. you haven't given any good examples for your argument. if anything, what you gave equals what's going on in many other celeb lives that you say are A list. Michael's situation is no different from Madonna's. the only difference is one is touring and the other is not. not wanting to tour one's self into the ground is not a good enough reason to not be A list. but like i said..MJ cannot walk the streets as easily as Madonna can. and the folks who chase after him, know him for his music. to say that people go after Madonna solely for her music is not known by you. it could be that they interview her because of her controversial sexually charged approach. you vascillate between people you call A listers, for reasons other than their craft. that's hyporcritcal, because you accuse MJ for being known only for things other than HIS craft. you say Elizabeth Taylor is charitable..so is MJ, but you seem to blame him for not putting it out there for everybody to see. you haven't come up with a valid arguement. you are not consistent. the only thing you have trouble with is MJ is taking too long for your taste. that's lame. why is it a crime to take one's time? being patient and taking longer than you like does not take away MJ's A list status. if anything..it assures us that his material will be better than Madonna's, Justin's, Akon's or anyone elese's..which is why he has his legendary status in the first place. how many people do you know who can get the number 1 pop album without promotion? madonna can't do that..MJ can. you keep circling back to the idea of how long you have to wait for MJ. that's just not good enough to take away his A list standing.

you have to try harder to come up with a reason that has nothing to do with other celebrities who are doing the same thing...the only difference between Mj and the others..i say again..which you have a problem with..is the time you have to wait. you are penalizing MJ for a great virtue, known as patience. and...by the way..right now..MJ has done enough to never have to do anything again..unlike the others. and never lose his A list status. that's why most of the people on this site have such high musical standards..cus MJ makes sure that he has the best stuff, no matter how long it takes. again, i say..patience is not a crime. it's an asset to A list status.

and what the hell does changing one's mind have to do with anything? is it a crime to change one's mind? you telling me, Madonna has never changed her mind? you telling me that there is a human being on this earth who has never changed their mind? that's def not good enough to erase MJ's A list status. patience is a virtue. it's not a crime..and MJ should be commended for it. if he thinks something is not right..he'll change his mind, to give the fans the best quality. it will take more time. that's the best A list quality. :) that's why MJ is the best A lister.

and one more thing about MJ, the A lister. he has not changed his mind about Neverland. He has not stepped foot into that place, ever again.
You just take what people say and then you twist it to make a point.

You are what some call a fanatic and that isn't a good thing. You don't look at reason.

You go on these long winded twist and turn statements that don't make any sense....

When I say something about one celebrity you then take it and then you totally try to make the comment against Michael Jackson.

You deny the accomplishments of other celebrities to justify why Michael Jacksons deserves to be put on a pedistal that you have created for him.

Now give me something current on why Michael is a current A-List celebrity.

You havent at all. You've just pointed out wht is "wrong" with MJ, you've listed his "faults" and that's it.

I've listed plenty of reasons why he is an A-list celebrity.

I think you can't see that being an a-list celebrity isn't about a controversy or the last time you've done something.

It's about status in the entertainment world, and MJ has a high status
And I have listed plenty of reasons why he is not. I'm not saying that that is a bad thing. Controversy do have a lot to do with an A-List. But most importantly, its how you comeback from the controversies and that hasn't happen yet until Michael puts out new music.

You just take what people say and then you twist it to make a point.

You are what some call a fanatic and that isn't a good thing. You don't look at reason.

You go on these long winded twist and turn statements that don't make any sense....

When I say something about one celebrity you then take it and then you totally try to make the comment against Michael Jackson.

You deny the accomplishments of other celebrities to justify why Michael Jacksons deserves to be put on a pedistal that you have created for him.

Now give me something current on why Michael is a current A-List celebrity.

you focus on negativity when it comes to MJ. you spin things to make him look negative..and it makes one wonder why you are here. i'm not a fanatic..i am positive. your focus is similar to the media's...you focus on the negative. the opposite of what you accuse me of. i am not spinning everything. i am matching you fact for fact..and i am saying that MJ is not lacking anything you accuse him of lacking. for instance..the change the mind thing? what was that about? u make it sound like MJ never accomplished anything...you make it sound like he is lazy today. that's not a spin on my part..that is the truth.

there is no spin, when i say MJ is just as charitable as Elizabeth Taylor. there is no spin when i say Madonna and MJ both had one song on the radio recently. there is no spin in saying that MJ can't go outside unattended and Madonna can. ther is no spin in that. none at all, and you know it.

you look in your own little world and decide that no teenagers know him for his music, today. there is no spin on that. i got you word for word, and you know it. your accusations of spin against me, are way off.

my god..there are teenagers on this site and another big site, that we both know of, who know MJ for his music, and you choose to ignore them. there is no spin on that. did you ignore 'hold my hand'? never mind how it came out. not one teenager on here commented on MJ personally. they commented on the song, alone. do you choose to ignore that?

i'm not spinning, here. i'm tellin you what u are deliberately ignoring..and you refuse to admit it, to try and help your argument. you tell me that the positive things that i mentioned about MJ are lies..and prove to me, that they are lies, before you accuse me of spinning. i never denied that there are people who are negative toward MJ, like you have said. but you have denied that there are people that are negative toward Madonna, and you equate that with Madonna still being A list, and Michael not being A list. it is as if you are saying that one being controversial has no effect and the other being controversial does have an effect. that is where you are wrong. there is no spin there. it was Madonna that was dropped by her label and had to start over, with someone else. Sony is still with MJ. you don't get dropped from your label unless you lost some star power. now Madonna has to tour to recup. Michael does not have to tour. that's why MJ is pimpin A list supreme. that's not spin. that is the truth.

when you can't refute my argument, you accuse me of spin. that is a cop out, and a lie. Michael is better than A list.

if i could go back in time, and MJ wouldn't have the fanbase that he has right now, i could bet that you would say that MJ is not A list, because he doesn't have enough of a fanbase. and i know i would win that bet. this is the level your argument is on.

Last edited:
you focus on negativity when it comes to MJ. you spin things to make him look negative..and it makes one wonder why you are here. i'm not a fanatic..i am positive. your focus is similar to the media's...you focus on the negative. the opposite of what you accuse me of. i am not spinning everything. i am matching you fact for fact..and i am saying that MJ is not lacking anything you accuse him of lacking. for instance..the change the mind thing? what was that about? u make it sound like MJ never accomplished anything...you make it sound like he is lazy today. that's not a spin on my part..that is the truth.

there is no spin, when i say MJ is just as charitable as Elizabeth Taylor. there is no spin when i say Madonna and MJ both had one song on the radio recently. there is no spin in saying that MJ can't go outside unattended and Madonna can. ther is no spin in that. none at all, and you know it.

you look in your own little world and decide that no teenagers know him for his music, today. there is no spin on that. i got you word for word, and you know it. your accusations of spin against me, are way off.

my god..there are teenagers on this site and another big site, that we both know of, who know MJ for his music, and you choose to ignore them. there is no spin on that. did you ignore 'hold my hand'? never mind how it came out. not one teenager on here commented on MJ personally. they commented on the song, alone. do you choose to ignore that?

I'm just as much a fan of Michael Jackson as you and the others are. I just don't think that some of the things that Michael Jackson does means that I have to remain devoted to the point that I can't have an opionion that may be critical of him. And I'm not the only one. I'm sure there are those who don't want to post their comments because they will come across fans like you.

You are in denial of how the negative controversies have had an impact on Michael's career. I am not being negative, I'm being realistic. I'm looking at what is going on with Michael Jacksons career now. What has he done with his music now.

You and others think I'm being negative because you don't want to aknowledge those controversies. But they have had an impact on his star power. That doesn't mean that it won't change. But he needs a comeback soon. That is why I beleive he isn't an A-List celebrity.

I'm just as much a fan of Michael Jackson as you and the others are. I just don't think that some of the things that Michael Jackson does means that I have to remain devoted to the point that I can't have an opionion that may be critical of him. And I'm not the only one. I'm sure there are those who don't want to post their comments because they will come across fans like you.

You are in denial of how the negative controversies have had an impact on Michael career. I am not being negative, I'm being realistic. I'm looking at what is going on with Michael Jacksons career now. What had he done with his music now.

You and others think I'm being negative because you don't want to aknowledge those controversies. But they have had an impact on his star power. That doesn't mean that it won't change. But he needs a comeback soon. That is why I beleive he isn't an A-List celebrity.

you are in denial that it has not had an impact on his career. you are in denial that you have a credit card mentality. that you want it all and you want it now. you want to hurry MJ along, or else he is not an A lister. you are in denial of that. i'm being realistic. you are not. the only way you can be truthful is if you are not here. you are splitting hairs as to what the definition of an MJ fan is. if you are here, you are a fan..if you are not, or if you pay no attention to him at all, you are not. your being here makes him an A lister. the definition of less than an A lister is someone who is treated with indifference. you are in denial that if MJ's music wasn't full of quality on a regular basis, no one would pay attention to him for any reason. you are in denial, that last night, some sports talk hosts played MJ's music and talked about him, and lined his pockets. they spoke of the quality of his music. you are in denial, that the only way MJ is not A list, is if his music is no longer played at all..no longer bought at all. you are in denial that MJ doesn't have to stand up and walk to be an A lister. you are in denial that MJ's business savvy, and musical prowess has allowed him to be an A lister while sitting on his butt. that is true denial on your part. there are people in the media that see this better than you do. you don't have to be a fanatic to see what i am saying. people in the media see it. there are bloggers who say it. not everybody in the media talks like you are talking right now. there are people who are constantly hounding the participants in MJ's new cd about what's going on with it, from media outlets all over the world. they are not talking about his personal life. you are in denial about that. there is no spin there. none at all. i am the realist, here. not you. i haven't denied anything you said, but i have stated that it is not enough. you have denied the things i have mentioned. that's not the action of a realist, because you have not disproven them. if any other celebrity was getting the anxiousness up, in the media the way MJ is right now, you would call them an A list celeb. you are being unfair to MJ, ironically, because of his massive accomplishments. you cannot even bring yourself to see that. that is why you are not being realistic. MJ is an A lister. why are you looking at patience as a negative?

Last edited:
you are in denial that it has not had an impact on his career. you are in denial that you have a credit card mentality. that you want it all and you want it now. you want to hurry MJ along, or else he is not an A lister. you are in denial of that. i'm being realistic. you are not. the only way you can be truthful is if you are not here. you are splitting hairs as to what the definition of an MJ fan is. if you are here, you are a fan..if you are not, or if you pay no attention to him at all, you are not. your being here makes him an A lister. the definition of less than an A lister is someone who is treated with indifference. you are in denial that if MJ's music wasn't full of quality on a regular basis, no one would pay attention to him for any reason. you are in denial, that last night, some sports talk hosts played MJ's music and talked about him, and lined his pockets. they spoke of the quality of his music. you are in denial, that the only way MJ is not A list, is if his music is no longer played at all..no longer bought at all. you are in denial that MJ doesn't have to stand up and walk to be an A lister. you are in denial that MJ's business savvy, and musical prowess has allowed him to be an A lister while sitting on his butt. that is true denial on your part. there are people in the media that see this better than you do.
You believe what you want to believe and I'm going to believe what I want to believe. Michael Jackson has fans with different opinions. You will not change my mind, and I don't want to change your.

But you and others are going to have to wait just like me to see what happens with the career of Michael Jackson.:timer:

You beleive what you want to believe and I'm going to beleive what I want to believe. Michael Jackson has fans with different opinions. You will not change mind, and I don't want to change your.

But you and others are going to have to wait just like me to see what happens with the career of Michael Jackson.:timer:

we do agree that we cannot change each other's mind. what we clearly do not agree on is the element of time.

you believe in now. i believe in patience.

i'm just saying..what baffles me, is why MJ is still even on your mind, if his career is over.

we began this argument with your mention of A listers on google.

i just wonder if you could name them all, without going back to google and looking them up? aren't A listers supposed to be memorable? i know i can't name them all. i'll never know your answer, because, i can't see what you are doing. lol

we do agree that we cannot change each other's mind. what we clearly do not agree on is the element of time.

you believe in now. i believe in patience.

i'm just saying..what baffles me, is why MJ is still even on your mind, if his career is over.

we began this argument with your mention of A listers on google.

i just wonder if you could name them all, without going back to google and looking them up? aren't A listers supposed to be memorable? i know i can't name them all. i'll never know your answer, because, i can't see what you are doing. lol

I don't argue, but I do debate.... For the most part there are several A-List and they differ depending on what is asked. Box Office, Music, T.V. Stars... It can change... That is why I don't know why you would get upset because I said that Michael wasn't an A-List celebrity. Most of the time an A-list means what is going on currently.

I don't argue, but I do debate.... For the most part there are several A-List and they differ depending on what is asked. Box Office, Music, T.V. Stars... It can change... That is why I don't know why you would get upset because I said that Michael wasn't an A-List celebrity. Most of the time an A-list means what is going on currently.

nobody is upset. you vascillate your reasoning. you give yourself loopholes, instead of risking standing on solid ground. you say the reasons can change. you say that MOST OF THE TIME A list means what is going on currently. you refuse to say ALL OF THE TIME.

that is why your debate doesn't resonate. MJ breaks the mold. he is unprecedented. you don't allow for that, but that does not change the fact that he is A list. All the time. not most of the time. i'm standing on solid ground, here. and the truth is...if MJ does do something that tracnscneds, and breaks the barrier of time..he should be and is acknowledged for that. isn't it Beyonce who said, that she wishes to write songs that are TIMELESS? that is something MJ has achieved. and that makes his A list status eternal. that is realism talking, and you know this. why does everybody wish to do the things MJ does? why do they wanna copy his moves..write with his timeless abiltity? don't you see? that erases the element of time. it erases the barrier between 'current' and classic. it allows MJ to be current whether he is active, or not. and, until people put the MJ mantle down, and switch gears as to what the music trens are, today..MJ remains eternal A list. people need to start making videos that don't remind us of MJ before the A list mantle of MJ can be extinguished. in fact..people need to stop feeling that a video has to be made with a song. MJ has establihsed that people feel that a song must have video accompaniment. you get that out of peoples' minds, completely..then, we can talk. even if there are some exceptions to the rule..as long as the rule is in place..MJ is A list. that is a tribute to what he has done, and what he does, today, no matter how he does it. He is A list. i'm not upset. i don't have to make things up, and i don't have to deny the things you said. and i still have a legit argument for his A list status, which is solid. the fact that the evil attempts against him have NOT extinguished his light..his star..is the best tribute to his A list status. the fact that the attempts against him have been forgotten on today's airwaves..as we still hear his music played, is a tribute to his A list status.

you said that the reasons change for A list status.

well..with MJ...none of the changes has extinguished his A list status. it is unchanging, until people stop making comparisons to him. and that will never stop.

and lastly..i wanna see you give proof that MJ does not have the power to get other current celebs to work with him, today..then you can have proof that MJ is not A list. but you dont have that proof. MJ is A list.

Last edited:
And I have listed plenty of reasons why he is not. I'm not saying that that is a bad thing. Controversy do have a lot to do with an A-List. But most importantly, its how you comeback from the controversies and that hasn't happen yet until Michael puts out new music.

This is getting ...interesting- for lack of a better word. Michael Jackson is an A-list celebrity because he is still very important on everyone's list in the industry. He will be first on the list of people that everyone wants to show up, and if he shows up, he will get preferential treatment.

A-list does not mean who has put something out recently.

And I know he's made mistakes and has had controversies. But even if he doesn't come out with anything new, he's still an a-list celeb.

He doesn't top my list of recent album releases, but he is a-list.

I guess it just depends on your definition of a-list:

"A list or group of the most admired or desirable people, as for a job or social gathering: famous actors on the casting director's A list; a private party for Hollywood's A-list."

"a list of important or prominent persons, as of those regarded as highly desirable guests at upper-class social or cultural events"

A list doesn't have anything to do with recent work.

nobody is upset. you vascillate your reasoning. you give yourself loopholes, instead of risking standing on solid ground. you say the reasons can change. you say that MOST OF THE TIME A list means what is going on currently. you refuse to say ALL OF THE TIME.

that is why your debate doesn't resonate. MJ breaks the mold. he is unprecedented. you don't allow for that, but that does not change the fact that he is A list. All the time. not most of the time. i'm standing on solid ground, here. and the truth is...if MJ does do something that tracnscneds, and breaks the barrier of time..he should be and is acknowledged for that. isn't it Beyonce who said, that she wishes to write songs that are TIMELESS? that is something MJ has achieved. and that makes his A list status eternal. that is realism talking, and you know this. why does everybody wish to do the things MJ does? why do they wanna copy his moves..write with his timeless abiltity? don't you see? that erases the element of time. it erases the barrier between 'current' and classic. it allows MJ to be current whether he is active, or not. and, until people put the MJ mantle down, and switch gears as to what the music trens are, today..MJ remains eternal A list. people need to start making videos that don't remind us of MJ before the A list mantle of MJ can be extinguished. in fact..people need to stop feeling that a video has to be made with a song. MJ has establihsed that people feel that a song must have video accompaniment. you get that out of peoples' minds, completely..then, we can talk. even if there are some exceptions to the rule..as long as the rule is in place..MJ is A list. that is a tribute to what he has done, and what he does, today, no matter how he does it. He is A list. i'm not upset. i don't have to make things up, and i don't have to deny the things you said. and i still have a legit argument for his A list status, which is solid. the fact that the evil attempts against him have NOT extinguished his light..his star..is the best tribute to his A list status. the fact that the attempts against him have been forgotten on today's airwaves..as we still hear his music played, is a tribute to his A list status.

you said that the reasons change for A list status.

well..with MJ...none of the changes has extinguished his A list status. it is unchanging, until people stop making comparisons to him. and that will never stop.
Your debate doesn't reasonate...
You seem to think that other celebrity can't surpass what Michael has done.

Mariah Carey has had more singles go #1 than any singer dead or alive.

One day someone is going to past Thriller is albums sales if it hasn't happen already. There is a debate because some of Thriller sells happened when there wasn't SOUNDSCAN that tracks the album sells more accurately. Some say that one of Pink Floyd albums has sold more.

But beleive what you want.... :cheeky:

This is getting ...interesting- for lack of a better word. Michael Jackson is an A-list celebrity because he is still very important on everyone's list in the industry. He will be first on the list of people that everyone wants to show up, and if he shows up, he will get preferential treatment.

A-list does not mean who has put something out recently.

And I know he's made mistakes and has had controversies. But even if he doesn't come out with anything new, he's still an a-list celeb.

He doesn't top my list of recent album releases, but he is a-list.

I guess it just depends on your definition of a-list:

"A list or group of the most admired or desirable people, as for a job or social gathering: famous actors on the casting director's A list; a private party for Hollywood's A-list."

"a list of important or prominent persons, as of those regarded as highly desirable guests at upper-class social or cultural events"

A list doesn't have anything to do with recent work.
I guess it does....:)

I don't argue, but I do debate

You don't debate, you argue.

Most of the time an A-list means what is going on currently.

That's your opinion, and an inaccurate one. Because some famous people not just Michael have made outstanding music, or done outstanding acting directing etc that they will always be higher than A-List. Those famous people need never make an album or film again, because great art lives for ever and has a lot more to do then with whats current. What's current can easily be forgotten, and it more often is than isn't.

You don't debate, you argue.

That's your opinion, and an inaccurate one. Because some famous people not just Michael have made outstanding music, or done outstanding acting directing etc that they will always be higher than A-List. Those famous people need never make an album or film again, because great art lives for ever and has a lot more to do then with whats current. What's current can easily be forgotten, and it more often is than isn't.
Michael isn't on the A-List so get over it. Tell me when the new music starts... I will be waiting just like you... :timer:

Neither do any of your opinions, because they are not based on fact.

Mariah Carey's the vast majority of her No.1 singles are forgettable. As an act and persona is has made no real cultural impact around the world. I hate Madonna, but her music and persona will live on forever, Mariah's won't.

One day someone is going to past Thriller is albums sales.

Hypocite, that's a What If.

So when is this Jackson 5 reunion going to happen.

But beleive what you want.:cheeky:...

You do, and what you believe in is wrong and very warped.

Michael isn't on the A-List so get over it. Tell me when the new music starts... I will be waiting just like you... :timer:
Of course Michael's not on the A-List, he's way above that. A-Lists are for lower stars like Mariah Carey, so you get over it because you know I'm right and your wrong as usual. I'm not waiting for a new Michael Jackson album, it will happen when it happens. I'm just happy Michael's living a life.

Hey I'm waiting for you to tell use when that Jackson 5 reunion tour and album is happening. You were so sure it was happening even when Michael said it's not, so how can anything you say be taken seriously when it's not based on fact.

Last edited:

Mariah Carey's the vast majority of her No.1 singles are forgettable. As an act and persona is has made no real cultural impact around the world. I hate Madonna, but her music and persona will live on forever, Mariah's won't.

You do, and what you believe in is wrong.
Ben,
Michael Jackson isn't an A-List celebrity... If you want to keep going around in circle, we can do just that until he comes out with a new album.
I see you are still waiting..:timer:

You do, and what you believe in is wrong.
Ben,
Get over yourself... Michael isn't an A-List celebrity and I will say that as long as he doesn't put out new music. If you want to go around in circles with this, I can and I will.... I see that you are still waiting for the new cd...:timer:

Ben,
Get over yourself... Michael isn't an A-List celebrity:timer:

Who said he was, not me. I said he's an Icon above A-List.

Ben,
I see that you are still waiting for the new cd...:timer:

You see what you want to see.

Another twisted view from an irrational and argumentative member who wishes to insight arguments, because you have no facts to back up your views.

You seem to think that other celebrity can't surpass what Michael has done.

One day someone is going to past Thriller is albums sales if it hasn't happen already. There is a debate because some of Thriller sells happened when there wasn't SOUNDSCAN that tracks the album sells more accurately. Some say that one of Pink Floyd albums has sold more.

But beleive what you want.... :cheeky:

and u believe what u want. u think someone will surpass thriller but i am sure u don't think it is michael. that is ur logic in a nutshell. besides..thriller keeps selling so that is impossible, but mj can pass its initial milestones.

u express opinions, but u don't express facts. MJ is an A lister based on facts. and many people agree.....just u r the only one who doesn't here..based on a roving opinion with no solid backing. let's just say that although i am sure u will get the last word, it will be without facts. ur definition of A list is much less desirable than an actual definiton of A list. i'd prefer someone elses, cus urs is fleeting..and that is putting it kindly. the bottom line is..too many people desire to be MJ or like him. that is A list supreme. nobody desires to be whatever ur point is.

people desire to be top of the heap..not something less. MJ is the most famous person in the world. anybody who says they don't desire to be that is lying, unless they don't wish to be a celebrity at all. those who want to be a celeb want to be where MJ is. that is A list. they don't want to be what u r describing, which is something much less. something not quite there yet..and here today, gone tomorrow.

Last edited:
and u believe what u want. u think someone will surpass thriller but i am sure u don't think it is michael. that is ur logic in a nutshell. besides..thriller keeps selling so that is impossible, but mj can pass its initial milestones.

u express opinions, but u don't express facts. MJ is an A lister based on facts. and many people agree.....just u r the only one who doesn't here..based on a roving opinion with no solid backing. let's just say that although i am sure u will get the last word, it will be without facts. ur definition of A list is much less desirable than an actual definiton of A list. i'd prefer someone elses, cus urs is fleeting..and that is putting it kindly. the bottom line is..too many people desire to be MJ or like him. that is A list supreme. nobody desires to be whatever ur point is.

people desire to be top of the heap..not something less. MJ is the most famous person in the world. anybody who says they don't desire to be that is lying, unless they don't wish to be a celebrity at all. those who want to be a celeb want to be where MJ is. that is A list. they don't want to be what u r describing, which is something much less. something not quite there yet..and here today, gone tomorrow.

You don't have facts either. You only have your opinion.... Leave it at that.

I don't think Michael Jackson is an A-List celebrity right now. You look at the past. I choose to look at what Michael Jackson is doing now... Get over it.
I am not a Michael Jackson FANATIC. I am a fan of his music.

take it easy!!!...most famus person in the world??? sure:p...hehe
You are not better than your latest song if you see it commercialy. most people dont have grate expectations for mj´s next work. we just have to face it!...it can only go one way. and that is up :)...what is a good thing.

and I just have to say. im a person that love MJ more than his music. I dont think he has mad somthing outstandin since dangerous. History for me is very childisc album, spesially the lyric. but i love MJ, he is a grate human that the world has much to learn from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back