Michael's star power

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about????? There are fans and then THERE ARE FANS. But that is not how a star makes the A-List.
And have it ever occured to you that some may be scrutinizing him with the hopes that he CRASH AND BURN? Hoping for a TRAIN WRECK??? I don't know about you, but I don't find that kind of scrutinizing acceptable as far as my love for Michael Jackson the performer. Negative reporting doesn't make him or any other star an A-list star. I hate it when the press reports negative stories about Michael Jackson. The more they do so, the more his A-List star powere dwindles........ Why don't you google who the current A-List stars are?

according to your logic, mJ shouldn't even be heard of, today. the attacks against him increase his star power. he's been scrutinized for more than 15 years...and, some say, since he began. why are you going by who certain 'lists' say A listers are? are you saying that the media determines them??? no matter how the reports go, they can't burn down MJ's star. all it does is increase interest. he is the most famous person on earth. since when does 'google' determine the love of the fans? there are plenty of stars who people are jealous of who they hope crash and burn. that is the nature of the beast. people admit they like to tear people down who have success. still, they cannot control Michael's success. listen to the lyrics of 'unbreakable'. if you don't know what i'm talking about, i can never convince you, but that doesn't matter to me. i'm not saying anything about the haters helping him. i am saying that the haters cannot stop him. it just endears the love of the fans even more..and he does have the biggest fanbase in the world. THAT is the definition of better than A list. you don't get that from 'google'. people who claim not to be interested in him anymore, are members of MJ fansites. that says enough right there. and if they are trying to prove something by trying to be facetious, and rallying other people against him, just to 'prove' that his fanbase is 'dwindling', then those people are getting replaced, everyday by new fans, whose emotions and feelings toward Michael, you cannot control. you are saying that the MEDIA controls who the A list stars are. thoes 'a listers' that google speaks of, can walk the streets easier than Michael can. they don't have to disguise themselves. they can't close down times square like Michael can. they couldn't sell out tickets, in seconds as fast as Michael can, TODAY. the media does not determine A Listers. Fans do. if you would like to bet if any of the media listed A listers could sell out a performance faster than Michael, today, i would be willing to take you up on that bet. any where MJ goes, he is hounded MORE than Any of those celebrities listed on 'google'. you come to hollywood, and see if any of the google listed 'A listers' turn peoples' heads out here, the way Michael does. i'm telling you, they DON'T. if any of those a listers walk down the streets out here, people hardly notice. it's just another celebrity to them. but Michael cannot walk the streets, out here, without being MOBBED. every day. all the time. that is the definition of A list. you come out here in the land of the stars, and see if those google listed A listers, ride around in an SUV and get chased, the way Michael's SUV gets chased. only with Michael, do the fans act in such a way, that there is danger of them being run over by the SUV. that doesn't happen with the google listed 'A listers', out here in the king land of celebrities, where it is easy for people to get bored by the google listed A listers. but where Michael is NEVER boring to these people out here. and, finally, you are flying in the face of your own argument. a celebrity is supposed to be known, before they can become an A lister. you shouldn't have to look up a celebrity. people should be able to name a celebrity without looking them up, if they are an A lister. haha. if you ask anybody here to name any of those google A listers, WITHOUT looking them up. at least half of those celebrities will not come to peoples' minds, here. most of them aren't even known outside the USA!! haha. Michael's name is known on the tips of the tongues of everyone througout the world. THat is better than an A-lister. some of those people on that google 'A-list'..it isn't even clear if they are male or female..that's how unknown they are? how could they be A listers? just because google says they are?

the key here, is envy. the haters hate out of envy. that's why Nancy Grace is a closet fan. a lot of closet fans start out of envy. they say negative, but they gotta listen to his music. that's just another aspect of star power, and that's what i mean. if they are haters that sue, then they realize he is the most successful, so they want some of that. that means they think he has the greatest star power, and they hate him for it. no, i'm not a fan of those haters, but they still prove and solidify that MJ is looked at as the biggest star. and they can't hurt or touch him. if anything, they cause the lovers of MJ to look at him as a sympathetic figure, a martyr of sorts that is still walking. that adds to his starpower, especially since the lovers know he is innocent of anything he was ever accused of in court. this also adds to his starpower. and, the 'A listers' in google are in a sardine can..an assembly line. you're not really A list, unless you stand out from the crowd. MJ stands out from those on that google list. etc. etc.

Last edited:
Michael's not an A list star, he stopped being an A List Star in 1983when he did Billie Jean at the Motown 25, the Thriller video which turned Michael in to an Icon.

A list stars are pop stars and actors etc who are still attainable. Michael is an Icon in the true sense of the word and way above being an A List "Celebrity". Michael's so famous he can afford to do nothing for 8yrs. Michael doesn't need showbiz, it needs him. Because it's obvious there is a huge void in the music world, and that void is Michael. And that's way he will always regarded as an Icon. Michael is in the elite when it comes to being famous, and will be remembered forever, A Listers have to keep their profile up through out there career.

Amen to that please. :clapping:

Michael is soooo above A-list.
I think many people in Hollywood will be interested in what material he releases next.

according to your logic, mJ shouldn't even be heard of, today. the attacks against him increase his star power. he's been scrutinized for more than 15 years...and, some say, since he began. why are you going by who certain 'lists' say A listers are? are you saying that the media determines them??? no matter how the reports go, they can't burn down MJ's star. all it does is increase interest. he is the most famous person on earth. since when does 'google' determine the love of the fans? there are plenty of stars who people are jealous of who they hope crash and burn. that is the nature of the beast. people admit they like to tear people down who have success. still, they cannot control Michael's success. listen to the lyrics of 'unbreakable'. if you don't know what i'm talking about, i can never convince you, but that doesn't matter to me. i'm not saying anything about the haters helping him. i am saying that the haters cannot stop him. it just endears the love of the fans even more..and he does have the biggest fanbase in the world. THAT is the definition of better than A list. you don't get that from 'google'. people who claim not to be interested in him anymore, are members of MJ fansites. that says enough right there. and if they are trying to prove something by trying to be facetious, and rallying other people against him, just to 'prove' that his fanbase is 'dwindling', then those people are getting replaced, everyday by new fans, whose emotions and feelings toward Michael, you cannot control. you are saying that the MEDIA controls who the A list stars are. thoes 'a listers' that google speaks of, can walk the streets easier than Michael can. they don't have to disguise themselves. they can't close down times square like Michael can. they couldn't sell out tickets, in seconds as fast as Michael can, TODAY. the media does not determine A Listers. Fans do. if you would like to bet if any of the media listed A listers could sell out a performance faster than Michael, today, i would be willing to take you up on that bet. any where MJ goes, he is hounded MORE than Any of those celebrities listed on 'google'. you come to hollywood, and see if any of the google listed 'A listers' turn peoples' heads out here, the way Michael does. i'm telling you, they DON'T. if any of those a listers walk down the streets out here, people hardly notice. it's just another celebrity to them. but Michael cannot walk the streets, out here, without being MOBBED. every day. all the time. that is the definition of A list. you come out here in the land of the stars, and see if those google listed A listers, ride around in an SUV and get chased, the way Michael's SUV gets chased. only with Michael, do the fans act in such a way, that there is danger of them being run over by the SUV. that doesn't happen with the google listed 'A listers', out here in the king land of celebrities, where it is easy for people to get bored by the google listed A listers. but where Michael is NEVER boring to these people out here. and, finally, you are flying in the face of your own argument. a celebrity is supposed to be known, before they can become an A lister. you shouldn't have to look up a celebrity. people should be able to name a celebrity without looking them up, if they are an A lister. haha. if you ask anybody here to name any of those google A listers, WITHOUT looking them up. at least half of those celebrities will not come to peoples' minds, here. most of them aren't even known outside the USA!! haha. Michael's name is known on the tips of the tongues of everyone througout the world. THat is better than an A-lister. some of those people on that google 'A-list'..it isn't even clear if they are male or female..that's how unknown they are? how could they be A listers? just because google says they are?

the key here, is envy. the haters hate out of envy. that's why Nancy Grace is a closet fan. a lot of closet fans start out of envy. they say negative, but they gotta listen to his music. that's just another aspect of star power, and that's what i mean. if they are haters that sue, then they realize he is the most successful, so they want some of that. that means they think he has the greatest star power, and they hate him for it. no, i'm not a fan of those haters, but they still prove and solidify that MJ is looked at as the biggest star. and they can't hurt or touch him. if anything, they cause the lovers of MJ to look at him as a sympathetic figure, a martyr of sorts that is still walking. that adds to his starpower, especially since the lovers know he is innocent of anything he was ever accused of in court. this also adds to his starpower. and, the 'A listers' in google are in a sardine can..an assembly line. you're not really A list, unless you stand out from the crowd. MJ stands out from those on that google list. etc. etc.

you may have right in many points. but I think MJ is a A list in the MJ fan univerce. but on "the man on the street" I think he has lost much of his fame.
And manu people are laguhing when they see him with tha mask.

Lets pray he makes good music. he hasen´t done it since dangerous

you may have right in many points. but I think MJ is a A list in the MJ fan univerce. but on "the man on the street" I think he has lost much of his fame.

well..considering the size of the MJ fan universe(a good portion of the planet) that's all he needs, so general public is irrelevant, in this case, but still, MJ is mobbed everywhere he goes. people trip over themselves everywhere he goes. so, some of those people are members of the general public. no matter what the 'man on the street' says, he flips over himself too, when he sees MJ live. there's no disputing that at this point. that's ultimate star power. better than A list. when you can get 'man on the street' to tell on himself during a live sighting moment, you have arrived at the ultimate star power place.

that honestly depends on how you define your celebrity list.

Only for attention... Michael is certainly on top of every a-list still and always will be. The attention is where Michael appears.

Public relation wise... the accusations have damaged him. He'll not be seen as careless and glorified as he was before by officials of politics or business of any kind. There I could imagine he's not on an a-list anymore also.

Business wise... Michael is certainly more on an b or c list... too many slips in paying bills... too many slips in not caring about existing contracts etc. in his team... too many not at all trustworthy employers in his team... that's just not the best reputation.

Fancommunity wise... well I'm sure he has lost many fans in all these times. Times are getting fast... ppl want to be served... ppl want things to happen... and there's been lots of talk and words from Michaels representative side and also from him... but not much really happened lately. So to many he has probably lost his status somewhat.
add the scandalous handeling of his alleged antisemitic comments and following...add the desaster with the wma in London... that's all in all not a nice 'reputation'. But I also think to those fans who are still his fans he'll never lose his A-status. And he's obviously still also gaining new fans still cuz of his genius.

Please note...

...not at all I'm saying it's his fault! Just saying how I observe the scene.
:clapping::clapping::clapping: You really said that well. Good Job!!! And things can all change to me if Michael really focus on his career and I just don't see how he is doing this. And like you said, there is always talk but never any action...

I just don't see how you can be the most famous person in modern history and be considered anything below A-list. But hey, whatever.

I just don't see how you can be the most famous person in modern history and be considered anything below A-list. But hey, whatever.

there are people who will look at clear silver and call it clear blue. so..there you go. lol. some will find spots where there are none, and no spots where there some. some just like to keep arguments going without proof. and there will never be an ideal A lister for some, no matter what. and for those people, their idea of an A lister will be someone else's idea of a Z lister. :lol:

:clapping::clapping::clapping: You really said that well. Good Job!!! And things can all change to me if Michael really focus on his career and I just don't see how he is doing this. And like you said, there is always talk but never any action...

well I didn't say "'never' any action"... let's be fair and point out there was some... Thriller 25, number ones etc.... but then again that was more resurrecting what was there already and not really new material.
I think Michael is probably clearing business and trying to find trustworthy good working ppl again for reorganising what's his then coming out with new material and some new starting Michaelmania hopefully... but I think really that's why we have to wait for now cuz he probably needs some time to clear all this stuff cuz Michael Jackson that means also a huge circle of ppl working and that's not easy to overlook and direct... one can't do that all alone and it can be a huge 'bunch of shit' to clear.

well..considering the size of the MJ fan universe(a good portion of the planet) that's all he needs, so general public is irrelevant, in this case, but still, MJ is mobbed everywhere he goes. people trip over themselves everywhere he goes. so, some of those people are members of the general public. no matter what the 'man on the street' says, he flips over himself too, when he sees MJ live. there's no disputing that at this point. that's ultimate star power. better than A list. when you can get 'man on the street' to tell on himself during a live sighting moment, you have arrived at the ultimate star power place.

well...im sure sure if I will go mad if I saw mj on the street. I would sey...WOW there is MJ, and than move on to whatever im of to.
It like when you se people that gose crazy when they see mj, you also see people in the background that dosen´t care. the ting is....Mj has a strong fan base.
but for the "normal" man...he is gone.

well...im sure sure if I will go mad if I saw mj on the street. I would sey...WOW there is MJ, and than move on to whatever im of to.
It like when you se people that gose crazy when they see mj, you also see people in the background that dosen´t care. the ting is....Mj has a strong fan base.
That is so true about not everyone is fallen over Michael when they see him. But I don't think he is done. He just isn't an A-List celebrity right now.

Why do you diss Michael? Has he done something wrong? Instead of support some of you still doubt him and I guess you will never stop.

That is so true about not everyone is fallen over Michael when they see him. But I don't think he is done. He just isn't an A-List celebrity right now.

The reason not everyone has fallen over Michael when they see him, is because sightings of him have been rare, brief and often not at high profile events, but private things like being going to hospital were Michael wouldn't want to be mobbed by fans and the media. It wasn't that long a long ago Michael was mobbed by the papparazi when it went to a comic store.

If Michael had attended the Grammy's on Sunday, he would have got the most attention from the public, the media and A List Stars.

Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan are just as famous as Michael Jackson throught out the world. People who don't follow golf know who Tiger Woods is. People who don't follow basketball know who Michael Jordan is. Both Woods and Jordan are currently A-List celebrities, their endorsement deals says it all. And people trip over themselves to see them too. And the media reports everything that they do as well. The media just shared with the world about Tiger Wood's newborn son. And the media reporting on Michael doesn't have anything to do with their love for him. Michael has done things that have drawn the attention from the media whether it's good or bad and they have cashed in big time. There are times when Michael does things and I don't hear anything about it or read about. If it's a slow news night, you might hear about Michael.

I am sorry but I have not seen NO one "fall out" over Tiger or Jordan the way they do Michael. There is NO comparison.

Hardly anyone falls out over any A list celeb. Very few celebs like Elvis, the Beatles, Frank S, and Michael have been able to make people react like that; however, if a celeb is able to pull people in, make money, get reactions, that is what is considered to be a A list celeb. That celeb must still have "pulling" power and Michael DOES.

Michael's not an A list star, he stopped being an A List Star in 1983when he did Billie Jean at the Motown 25, the Thriller video which turned Michael in to an Icon.

A list stars are pop stars and actors etc who are still attainable. Michael is an Icon in the true sense of the word and way above being an A List "Celebrity". Michael's so famous he can afford to do nothing for 8yrs. Michael doesn't need showbiz, it needs him. Because it's obvious there is a huge void in the music world, and that void is Michael. And that's way he will always regarded as an Icon. Michael is in the elite when it comes to being famous, and will be remembered forever, A Listers have to keep their profile up through out there career.
EXACTLY. Even his detractors have said this including RF.

Sorry but Michael's fame is FAR surpass both Tiger and Jordan. Yes, the media mentation Tiger's son but NO one is holding a segment or going crazy over it whearas Michael the media would. Right now Michael is low key and that is why they are not talking so much, not because it was a slow news night. Look at what happening with Chris Brown. Yes the media is talking about him however if that was Michael, the media would cut into President Obama speeches to report about Michael.

And if you notice in the reports about Chris Brown the media just has to find a way to throw Mike's name in there somewhere

Oh please, I were to put Michael Jackson on one corner and Miley Cirus and the Jonas Brothers on another, I bet you Mchael would be the most attention and star struck people coming up to them. I know this because Mily and the Jonas Brothers can still walk the street and shop with a herd of people behind them.

And if you notice in the reports about Chris Brown the media just has to find a way to throw Mike's name in there somewhere
Exactly. Mark Gergos has resprented alots of people but most of the reports only mention MICHAEL, former lawyer.

you put Michaels name on any event, it brings in the media, it brings in the fans. What else do promotors or event organisers want? Both = money...which in turn means Michael is a high A Lister who can ask for a certain amount of cash before he commits to anything, not to mention things have to go a certain way and to his liking otherwise they get no deal. Michael is one of the last few HUGE stars in the music business.

you put Michaels name on any event, it brings in the media, it brings in the fans. What else do promotors or event organisers want? Both = money...which in turn means Michael is a high A Lister who can ask for a certain amount of cash before he commits to anything, not to mention things have to go a certain way and to his liking otherwise they get no deal. Michael is one of the last few HUGE stars in the music business.

yes...and this goes to something that some fans have criticized Michael for. He has the ability to say no. that is his greatest asset to his starpower. although some question his business acumen, unwarrantingly, because he is still around in the business...it's not good to seek everybody's approval. His ability to say 'no', has landed him more credibility and more power.

Not everyone on the planet is a of Michael Jackson, not everyone on the planet is a fan of Madonna, Eminem, Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears. Not everyone is interested in Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie and not everyone views Nelson Mandela as a saint. Not everyone things Beyonce is talented. All of those people are greatly admired all over the world, and even non admires have an opinion of them. And where ever any famous person goes, be it at a huge event like the Grammy Awards or to a shop to buy something but surrounded by the media, there are always going to be some people standing around not too impressed by that famous person, not matter how famous is, because they are not a fan period.

The "normal man" (and what is normal !) in the street knows Michael Jackson is a huge Icon, not just some average star or even an A Lister an Icon.

The normal man, well the correct term is average man may think Michael is weird both in appreance and personality etc, may think Michael is broke, may think Michael's career in music is finished. But they know Michael Jackson is a huge music Icon even if they don't like him. Most households own some of Michael's music, and that is one of the reasons why his fame is album to sustain not releasing any new music in 8yrs. And why the media still put Michael on it's front pages with any lie of half told story they can sell. Because the public will buy it, and the public still have a huge fasination of Michael Jackson both in the positive and the negative.

And any event Michael attends, he will get more media coverage than Madonna, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Beyonce all combined. Michael being out of the music world, doesn't diminsh his star status. Yes it's been a long time since the Invincible album, and over a decade since Michael last fully promoted an album with HIStory. Because Michael has chosen to live a life for himself and his children aware from the media. Their is no reason to say Michael is no longer famous in an A List way to the average man (and also woman) on the street. Because he is, he may not be as important to many kids who only know the tabloid view of Michael, put people in their 20's upwards know Michael is bigger than A List, and not just to Michael Jackson fans. Also famous people of today aren't as famous as people were from the 1900's to 1980's. The star qaulity and mystery is no longer there as the media have too much insight to stars, and control of them. They are now just people doing a job they love, and wearing clothes no different to the average man on the street, hint hint Justin Timberlake and Chris Brown and almost every current pop star. Normal boring, and easliy forgotten both musically and as people. And Michael's image and music are copied by most pop stars today and his name is constanly cited as an influence. And you have to be a huge Icon to continue to have that impact.

well..i'm not going to be on the street, and i don't know who you are, and i can't prove that you wouldn't react as you say you would, so i'm not going to comment on it. all i can say is..when he was in times square EVERYBODY reacted. and all of them were not fans. some of them were the 'normal man'. when he was in the antique store in los angeles, recently THIS YEAR..everybody in the store reacted. everybody at least stared, if they didn't do more. i don't see people in the background who 'don't care'. i can't prove what you see, but i know what i saw. and what many other people say, agrees with what i am saying here. of course there are people who will say that the 'normal man' doesn't care. but, i must go out on a limb and say, that a lot of those people are media people, and fans, for whom i cannot witness what they saw. many of them, are fans who say they like to cast themselves as the 'realists'. usually i am offended when people call themselves 'realists' and call me, someone who is deluded,(i'm not saying that you called me that) because i said something that sounds too fantastic to be real, even if it actually happened. but i find it hard to believe fans who say that the 'normal man' does not care, when i see the media interrupt coverage of the Pope, in favor of news of Michael Jackson's trial.

Last edited:
some A list star comparisons. things that they can do that Michael cannot do, because he is beyond A list.

kiis fm radio accounts of star sightings.

one dj, jo jo on the radio spoke with listeners that encountered stars that are considered A list.

one guy says he was working at a big grocery store chain store, and encountered Madonna, with her daughter. no guards, no fans around her. none needed. they had a long talk about veggie burgers.

one girl working at a bar encountered Brody Jenner, and he complained about his drink and she blew him off as if he was nothing. in fact, she was pissed off at him. no guards, no posse needed. people just don't trip over themselves around these A listers. there were no paps around, either, for these two A listers, madonna and brody, during these two encounters. but don't let MJ be caught trying to be a regular guy in a bar, or in a grocery store. people will be on him like a giant mob, and we all know it.

Sorry but Michael's fame is FAR surpass both Tiger and Jordan. Yes, the media mentation Tiger's son but NO one is holding a segment or going crazy over it whearas Michael the media would. Right now Michael is low key and that is why they are not talking so much, not because it was a slow news night. Look at what happening with Chris Brown. Yes the media is talking about him however if that was Michael, the media would cut into President Obama speeches to report about Michael.

:no::no::no:You've got to be kidding???? Yeah, if Michael is getting arrested or something like that??? Now Obama is the most famous man on the face of the earth and there is no List that anyone tops when it comes to him.

Exactly. Mark Gergos has resprented alots of people but most of the reports only mention MICHAEL, former lawyer.

You think it's a good thing to bring up Michael's name during controversial media events????? Well that isn't a good thing... And Geragos also represented SCOTT PETERSON, the man that was convicted of killing his wife and unborn baby and the media mentioned Michael during that trial. Peterson got the death penalty. Geragos was criticized for allowing Michael to dance on top of that SUV when he appeared in court to answer the molestation charges. After that Michael dropped him as his lawyer, so what's your point??? That still doesn't mean that Michael is an A-list celebrity at this point in time.

Last edited:
:no::no::no:You've got to be kidding???? Yeah, if Michael is getting arrested or something like that??? Now Obama is the most famous man on the face of the earth and there is no List that anyone tops when it comes to him.

uhm no. there are people in remote parts of the earth who have not heard of obama. but they have heard of michael. and when reporters make comparisons on how obama's campaigns went, they like comparing him to michael, but when making statements about michael they do not compare him to obama. that makes michael the bigger fish.

uhm no. there are people in remote parts of the earth who have not heard of obama. but they have heard of michael. and when reporters make comparisons on how obama's campaigns went, they like comparing him to michael, but when making statements about michael they do not compare him to obama. that makes michael the bigger fish.
Vncwilliam,
You are trying to prove a point that doesn't make any sense what's so ever and you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back