MJ Estate Sends a Cease and Desist Letter to Katherine's Business Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea thats true. there is no reason that ANY of them should have/had any money problems. thats sad that they made more money than most people will see in life n its GONE
One thing I will NEVER understand is when Michael said a million times that he did not want to perform with his brothers again, why didn't they have a B PLAN to go out there and create new music as a 4-man group, years ago.

I realize that it would have been BIGGER if Michael was involved, but still, why didn't Katherine Jackson PUSH her remaining son's to go it alone. They continued to put so much pressure on Michael, when the pressure SHOULD have been on the 4 remaining brothers, in my opinion.

I mean, seriously, did she not think her grown sons could make a DECENT living without Michael. I look back now and "think" that although Katherine Jackson talks lovingly about her sons, she had NO faith in them to take their act on the road without Michael.

That's the way I see it anyway.

well, to be fair they actually did something without MJ , the Reality tv show. They tried to get him to appear, Katherine again as usual asked him to join the brothers and he declined. Prior to his death, they shopped it around and no one agreed to pay them anything for it, no tv agreed to dedicate a one hour show in February, 2009 for their show. In May ,2009 This is it concerts were announced , MJ was everywhere in the news and the media was camping outside his house they felt the interest in them increased ,they tried their luck again but every door in Hollywood was shut in their faces. Without MJ no one wanted to see them. They only got the deal because of his death and they knew it and I still believe they delayed the burial until they got a deal. It was no coincidence the funeral was announced 2 days only after they signed the reality tv show deal.They kept claiming the delay was due to parts of MJ's brain being examined when infact they received those parts a month before the funeral.

No they will not be called on no damn stand.....because they know nothing about MJ's life since the 2005 trial.

But I would so love it if they were put on the stand.....finally the truth about how little they knew/saw MJ & his kids.

The Jacksons are acting all important NOW because MJ is not here to muzzle them..
So true.

well, to be fair they actually did something without MJ , the Reality tv show. They tried to get him to appear, Katherine again as usual asked him to join the brothers and he declined. Prior to his death, they shopped it around and no one agreed to pay them anything for it, no tv agreed to dedicate a one hour show in February, 2009 for their show. In May ,2009 This is it concerts were announced , MJ was everywhere in the news and the media was camping outside his house they felt the interest in them increased ,they tried their luck again but every door in Hollywood was shut in their faces. Without MJ no one wanted to see them. They only got the deal because of his death and they knew it and I still believe they delayed the burial until they got a deal. It was no coincidence the funeral was announced 2 days only after they signed the reality tv show deal.They kept claiming the delay was due to parts of MJ's brain being examined when infact they received those parts a month before the funeral.
Michael announced the shows in March ;) but I agree with what you said.
What I personally find laughable from the Jackson themselves and their stans, is the non acceptance of the fact, that they are totally uninteressting and has been's. For God's sake, after 30 years of walking and living in Michael's shadows, they had their brief moments, while they sold their dead brother out. They are all beyond their upper middle years, they need to face reality now.

Btw, you got it wrong. Janet straight up said on Oprah that she had no clue that Michael had sleep problems. When Oprah asked about it, Janet said she had no clue. It had nothing to do with with drugs. The reason Oprah even asked why didn't you try to help Michael was because the family went on and on about how much an addict Michael was, but said nothing. Now that he's dead, they go to the media talking about his problems. Really, what is the point of doing that now since the person is dead and beyond saving? What's the point of saying, "I told you so", via Oxman?

She also hinted that the interventions were recent and the entire family was in on it. If they had several interventions to save his life, why can't she remember one or even bring it up since it had nothing to do with how he died? Why did they suddenly stop if they knew he still had a problem, which Janet suggested?

Janet was so bad that she claimed in her first interview that profool was used for pain. Doing a search on google would had cleared that up.

what interview did you watch, Oprah never asked her about sleep issues period. Robin asked her do you know if he was using proffool for insomina , NOT WEATHER OR NOT HE HAS INSOMINA. and come on the media was saying he died from an overdoes less than 5 hours after he died, it did not start witht the family ( unless I guess you consdier Oxmen family) and than when people were asking them about Michael's drug issues.

and how do you get the impressions that it was recent, if somebody says they don't remember ( unless they suffer from sort of diseas that affects short term memory) I take its's not recent. and she clearly said the family didn't know he was taking profool, so how is it going to be recent if they didn't know ? what she did say was that they did suspect something was wrong when they saw Michael at the party in may, she didn't say they had an intervention than.

and Janet never said proffol was a painkiller, people took that out of context, Oprah asked her was Michael derpressed ( fyi you do not take no pain killers for depressions so why would she even be talking about painkillers) she made a generailzed statement about as an entertainer you , get on high or something and you need something to bring you back down and numb the pain , she wasn't talking about litterally numbing physical pain , but it's a phrase she uses instead of copping, not sure if you are famillar with Janet's interviews or not but she talked plenty of times about how she uses food food to numb the pin and food is not no dang on painkillers.

One thing I will NEVER understand is when Michael said a million times that he did not want to perform with his brothers again, why didn't they have a B PLAN to go out there and create new music as a 4-man group, years ago.

I realize that it would have been BIGGER if Michael was involved, but still, why didn't Katherine Jackson PUSH her remaining son's to go it alone. They continued to put so much pressure on Michael, when the pressure SHOULD have been on the 4 remaining brothers, in my opinion.

I mean, seriously, did she not think her grown sons could make a DECENT living without Michael. I look back now and "think" that although Katherine Jackson talks lovingly about her sons, she had NO faith in them to take their act on the road without Michael.

That's the way I see it anyway.

I agree with you 100% I think they could have cause they are all talented. They didn't have mikes talent but they had talent. When I watched the 30th anniversary I was actually surprised at how good they all where. I think in-fighting is another problem. I just don't understand how they could let lawyers, managers, agents n other people come between them cause at the end of the day, they are still family. N I don't think some of them wanted to scale back from what they are used to. N I know tiny still recorded after mike but they eventually were dropped cause without mike, no one really cared. I know that was hard but you have to move on. N that's y jermaine be entering in those shady business deals cause he still tryna be big man instead of taking baby steps

That's not 100% true. They had a deal before he died cause they started taping before hand. I also remember a reality show for Joe being shopped around but no one wanted it and it never aired. But a&e wouldn't have started filming unless he had a deal

what interview did you watch, Oprah never asked her about sleep issues period. Robin asked her do you know if he was using proffool for insomina , NOT WEATHER OR NOT HE HAS INSOMINA. and come on the media was saying he died from an overdoes less than 5 hours after he died, it did not start witht the family ( unless I guess you consdier Oxmen family) and than when people were asking them about Michael's drug issues.

and how do you get the impressions that it was recent, if somebody says they don't remember ( unless they suffer from sort of diseas that affects short term memory) I take its's not recent. and she clearly said the family didn't know he was taking profool, so how is it going to be recent if they didn't know ? what she did say was that they did suspect something was wrong when they saw Michael at the party in may, she didn't say they had an intervention than.

and Janet never said proffol was a painkiller, people took that out of context, Oprah asked her was Michael derpressed ( fyi you do not take no pain killers for depressions so why would she even be talking about painkillers) she made a generailzed statement about as an entertainer you , get on high or something and you need something to bring you back down and numb the pain , she wasn't talking about litterally numbing physical pain , but it's a phrase she uses instead of copping, not sure if you are famillar with Janet's interviews or not but she talked plenty of times about how she uses food food to numb the pin and food is not no dang on painkillers.

I agree 100% I'm glad somebody see what I sees cause I knew I wasn't crazy. N they always take things out of context and use it for what they want to. They probably won't even listen cause remember "we" are the dumb ignorant ones, n the blind mice.... LOL n we only choose to see what we want to... not them. N everything they say is right but we are wrong LOL. I don't understand how we can read tin same stuff but get two totally different things from it... n this isn't even art

I don't remember Janet mentioning anything about being an entertainer when Oprah asked her if Mike was depressed. I could've sworn Janet said that probably yes he was depressed if he was taking something like propofol to block or numb the pain

id be depressed aswell if i had the family harrassing me to do a stupid reunion concert to the extent i had to put out a public statement telling them where to go instead of holding her hands up and admitting she didnt have a clue about his insomnia and what dip is and i never saw hm for years. its just more P.R. thats all the family has ever been about and the family is more important than the individual so if it means throwing mj under a bus then so be it cause hes not here to be hurt and family image is more important.

things like this remind me mj staying on one hotel in NY while all the other family members stayed in another for the msg shows. sums things ups along with mike laperruqe saying mj told him to make sure the hotel didnt tell his bros he was around when they came into the hotel looking for him on another occasion. and on a personal note in march 07 when mj and jerm were in london at the same time i experienced with my own eyes jerm frantically looking for mj claiming he was going to see him for dinner yet didnt know what hotel is was staying at and could we help! acting like mj had been kidnapped or something. everyone knew where mj was staying lol except jerm

Last edited:
id be depressed aswell if i had the family harrassing me to do a stupid reunion concert to the extent i had to put out a public statement telling them where to go instead of holding her hands up and admitting she didnt have a clue about his insomnia and what dip is and i never saw hm for years. its just more P.R. thats all the family has ever been about and the family is more important than the individual so if it means throwing mj under a bus then so be it cause hes not here to be hurt and family image is more important.

Fortunately I think more and more people see the Jackson family for what they are. A lot of folks saw Joe Jackson in action in person after MJ died and I think it opened a lot of people's eyes. A lot of folks remember Janet's interviews too when she said she hadn't seen or spoken to MJ in years so a lot of folks know she has lost a lot of credibility too. How can you intervene with your brother if you haven't seen him in years? and Katherine she has shown she's about the money as much as Joe is. We are not the only ones to see it

Janet said that Michael and her first husband who was addicted to street drugs are the same and that she could not help him becuase he was an animal since he was like horses that you can't make them drink ...OK Janet Michael is an animal and Oprah is an angle ,,thanx for this loyality !

considering janets own hstory with drugs u would think she would chose her words . i guess its revenge for knowing the rest of the family will start sniffing around her for money now the cash cow has gone.

things like this remind me mj staying on one hotel in NY while all the other family members stayed in another for the msg shows. sums things ups along with mike laperruqe saying mj told him to make sure the hotel didnt tell his bros he was around when they came into the hotel looking for him on another occasion. and on a personal note in march 07 when mj and jerm were in london at the same time i experienced with my own eyes jerm frantically looking for mj claiming he was going to see him for dinner yet didnt know what hotel is was staying at and could we help! acting like mj had been kidnapped or something. everyone knew where mj was staying lol except jerm
for real how pitiful but then again Germs has always loved to make ish up so hardly surprising.

Oprah did asked, she asked everyone who knew Michael about his sleep problems. She said in both interviews she knew nothing of it, not just the drugs. That was when Oprah called her out for calling her brother a hardcore drug addict. Oxman is and still consider a Jackson's family lawyer who didn't wait not even an hour after Michael was pronounce dead to the world to go out and called Michael an out of control addict. The family did nothing. They didn't go out and try to debunk Oxman, even now. So, they much support his claims by their silents. The media actually shook their head because I remember the people at CNN said that Oxman's words were not necessary since Michael just died. The media ran with the drug story because several people who claimed to know Michael, like Deepak, kept saying he was an addict. So, the media reached the same conclusion. Even Toy said in so many words Michael was an addict and he most likely died from shock.

Janet hinted it was recent. It wasn't, why would she say something like, "we never gave up on the intervention, but he was in such denial". Really, if it wasn't recent why would she said 'we never gave up'. If these interventions happened two or three years ago, she wouldn't say that they were continuous, there were several, and they knew he was addict but you can't lead a horse to water. Several and she remembers not one of them. How can you say we tried to save his life and not even remember it. Even a month would be more information than what she gave.

I doesn't matter if they knew about profsal or not. They are the ones who made the intervention claims. So, they must have thought there was a problem with drugs, which is the point. Janet and other keep passing on the profsal question in favor of talking about painkillers, which had nothing to do with Michael's death.

You have a select memory and it is getting old. Sorry, Janet said all the above and showed how much she doesn't knows. In trying to protect her family, she made them look even more clueless. Which is most likely why she put it in mute about Michael now. I hold no hard feelings towards Janet, but what she said was stupid, plain and simple.

Although, I doubt the defense would call her since it would show just how stupid they are since medically evidences trumps word of mouth. If they do call her, I hope she can give a timeline instead of 'we tried several', but I don't remember.

Janet said that Michael and her first husband who was addicted to street drugs are the same and that she could not help him becuase he was an animal since he was like horses that you can't make them drink ...OK Janet Michael is an animal and Oprah is an angle ,,thanx for this loyality !

Okay, that is a little too far. She didn't call Michael an animal or Oprah an angel. Seriously, this 0 to 100 with some people is a little much.

I have no doubt Janet loves Michael. Quite frankly, I think she was the only sibling he really trusted. Just because you don't see each other in a while doesn't dismiss that.

What Janet went wrong, imo, is that she put the family's image before her brother. Then again, this is a trend in the entire family, even with Michael. He called out Joe, but then asked for his forgiveness and was quick to say how much he loved his father. Even with Randy stole from him, he never sued or publicly called him out. He instead defended his brother when it was leaked what he had done. He even allow Randy to call him an addict without calling his butt out. So this trend is not limited to just Janet.

However, he would never sell Janet out the way she did if she was murdered by a doctor. And like elusive said, she maybe pissed at Michael about dying and leaving her family to knock at her door for money. Michael most likely protected Janet from the worst her family had to offer.

yeah Janet was trying to protect her family. She even got Tyler Perry and Whoopi Goldberg saying how the Jackson family tried everything they could but Mike was in denial etc,. I guess Janet told Tyler and Whoopi that story during the making of Colored Girls.. She felt her family was being attacked for being greedy and money hungry and not giving a damn about MJ. So she felt protect them and screw Mike..

What Janet did was alienate a lot of MJ's fans ( there are many) and for that she might regret it especially if some of those same fans used to support her but now won't.

Because she is totally self-serving, Janet Jackson, obviously does not need my support,
(which she does not have because of the way she negatively exploited her brother, Michael Jackson).

Last edited:
yeah Janet was trying to protect her family. She even got Tyler Perry and Whoopi Goldberg saying how the Jackson family tried everything they could but Mike was in denial etc,. I guess Janet told Tyler and Whoopi that story during the making of Colored Girls.. She felt her family was being attacked for being greedy and money hungry and not giving a damn about MJ. So she felt protect them and screw Mike..

What Janet did was alienate a lot of MJ's fans ( there are many) and for that she might regret it especially if some of those same fans used to support her but now won't.

Her sells were going down long before she made those comments. So, I don't think Michael's fans supported her as much as some people believe. They may had given her moral support, but when it came down to going to the record store and buying her music, most Michael fans didn't bother. I also don't think Janet cares for people who only supports her because of who her brother is. I know I personally wouldn't.

You must also keep in mind that some fans 'supports' what she said. Like what we have seen on this forum alone, so she could had gained as many 'fans' as she lost as far as we know. She got a hero's welcome when she and her brothers went down to Michael's tomb and they gave her nothing but love. There was nothing about calling her out about the addict talk.

From what I've seen, there is a big different between fans who sit on these boards and fans who buys music and don't get caught up in all the personal crap. Funny enough, most the fans who supported Michael during the trial by going to the courthouse were not even people who visited the boards or belong to fan clubs.

Whoopi has a mind of her own and made her comments long before Color Girls. She also said those thing because people like Joy was talking crap about the family about how they didn't save him and they didn't intervene because it was all about money. Joy compare them to the Osmonds after Marian's(sp) son killed himself. That is when Whoopi made these comments.

Jermaine, yes that Jermaine, also got crap from fans when he declared that Michael wasn't an addict and was healthy enough to do all 50 shows. Fans jumped all up his butt by saying he was in denial, he only said Michael wasn't an addict because he wanted him to tour with the brothers, and he was in AEG's pocket. So some fans have been talking out of both sides of their butts on this issue.

Fyi, I don't even care for Jermaine that much.

Sorry but the A&E channel had A deal with the jacksons to do a reality show they started filming it back in january 2009, the brothers were ask to do this reality show jermaine, marlon, tito and Jackie agreed randy did not what to do the show. and the show was a success and the brothers were asked by A&E channel to sign on for another show but all the brothers did not agree I think jermaine was the one that wanted to sign on.

Sorry but the A&E channel had A deal with the jacksons to do a reality show they started filming it back in january 2009, the brothers were ask to do this reality show jermaine, marlon, tito and Jackie agreed randy did not what to do the show. and the show was a success and the brothers were asked by A&E channel to sign on for another show but all the brothers did not agree I think jermaine was the one that wanted to sign on.

That's right. A lot of people don't know that some of it was actually done BEFORE June 25th. Sad how a lot of people think they were just trying to make money off of michael's passing by that show :(

tito, jackie, and marlon to my knowledge never bad mouthed their brother publically
now if they did it behind closed doors,then that is how families are

and as far janet alienating michael's fans- i liked janet but i was never too fond of her to begin with

Oprah did asked, she asked everyone who knew Michael about his sleep problems. She said in both interviews she knew nothing of it, not just the drugs. That was when Oprah called her out for calling her brother a hardcore drug addict. Oxman is and still consider a Jackson's family lawyer who didn't wait not even an hour after Michael was pronounce dead to the world to go out and called Michael an out of control addict. The family did nothing. They didn't go out and try to debunk Oxman, even now. So, they much support his claims by their silents. The media actually shook their head because I remember the people at CNN said that Oxman's words were not necessary since Michael just died. The media ran with the drug story because several people who claimed to know Michael, like Deepak, kept saying he was an addict. So, the media reached the same conclusion. Even Toy said in so many words Michael was an addict and he most likely died from shock.

Janet hinted it was recent. It wasn't, why would she say something like, "we never gave up on the intervention, but he was in such denial". Really, if it wasn't recent why would she said 'we never gave up'. If these interventions happened two or three years ago, she wouldn't say that they were continuous, there were several, and they knew he was addict but you can't lead a horse to water. Several and she remembers not one of them. How can you say we tried to save his life and not even remember it. Even a month would be more information than what she gave.

I doesn't matter if they knew about profsal or not. They are the ones who made the intervention claims. So, they must have thought there was a problem with drugs, which is the point. Janet and other keep passing on the profsal question in favor of talking about painkillers, which had nothing to do with Michael's death.

You have a select memory and it is getting old. Sorry, Janet said all the above and showed how much she doesn't knows. In trying to protect her family, she made them look even more clueless. Which is most likely why she put it in mute about Michael now. I hold no hard feelings towards Janet, but what she said was stupid, plain and simple.

Although, I doubt the defense would call her since it would show just how stupid they are since medically evidences trumps word of mouth. If they do call her, I hope she can give a timeline instead of 'we tried several', but I don't remember.

im sorry but you need to really go rewatch the interviews cause you are making up and exagerating stuff. its sad because there are videos that disprove alot of what you are saying but i guess you believe what you want.

blueocean;3153706 said:

Ha ha ha... they only had a ONE-HOUR special deal with A&E. The reality show was mostly shot & sold after MJ's passing. Had you watched the show, you would have noticed..95& of the show centered around MJ's passing.

A&E had announced a one-hour special about the brothers before Mr. Jackson’s death on June 25, creating speculation this summer that the project would be expanded to series length.

The one-hour special was expected to show Jermaine, Jackie, Marlon, Randy and Tito Jackson as they prepared for a possible reunion.

Jodi Gomes, an executive producer at Point 7, said in an interview Tuesday that A&E had already ordered the series before Mr. Jackson died. She said that the expanded series would be about the band “as they reunite as brothers, obviously underneath a cloud of tragedy.”

Filming of the brothers started last January. It is believed that Michael was not filmed for the original one-hour special. Ms. Gomes said she could not comment on any involvement by Michael because of confidentiality agreements with his representatives.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/26/business/media/26jackson.html

Of course using the death of a sibling is not a pretty story to sell, best to claim A&E had purchased the series before his passing.

They even tried using MJ's & his kids "possible" involvement to sell that crap.

Michael Jackson’s death has been something of a godsend for Michael Jackson’s brothers.
Before Michael died, the brothers filmed a one-hour pilot for A&E that was supposed to include some kind of reunion of them with Michael. But Michael never agreed to it, didn’t do it, and died before it could be discussed again.
But sources tell me that A&E has approved going forward with a series of further episodes that will show the Jackson brothers grappling with Michael’s death and their own lives. And that should be interesting since it’s unlikely any of them had seen Michael for much more than a few minutes at their parents’ bogus 60th wedding anniversary party this year.
An A&E spokesman declined comment; sources close to the network say the deal for a series isn’t done yet.’But the original A&E deal was a pilot with provisions for a series, so it’s going to happen. It hasn’t been decided whether the footage that exists will be shaped into a number of half hour or hour long sessions. It certainly has all the promise of “Being Bobby Brown,” that’s for sure.

Even Friedman is worth quoting here:
http://www.showbiz411.com/2009/08/19/20090819jackson-brothers-reality-series-special

You fail...

The brooklyn bridge is for sale...you wanna buy it? The show had low ratings...A&E never asked them to come back...that is the bs story they told TMZ. With reviews like this..why would they?

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/12/14/the-jacksons-family-dynasty-jack5ons/

'The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty': A big family mess

You really think they would pass out a chance to make money??

Fail ....again.

Last edited:
ha ha ha... They only had a one-hour special deal with a&e. The reality show was mostly shot & sold after mj's passing. Had you watched the show, you would have noticed..95& of the show centered around mj's passing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/26/business/media/26jackson.html

of course using the death of a sibling is not a pretty story to sell, best to claim a&e had purchased the series before his passing.

They even tried using mj's & his kids "possible" involvement to sell that crap.

Even friedman is worth quoting here:
http://www.showbiz411.com/2009/08/19/20090819jackson-brothers-reality-series-special

you fail...

The brooklyn bridge is for sale...you wanna buy it? The show had low ratings...a&e never asked them to come back...that is the bs story they told tmz. With reviews like this..why would they?

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/12/14/the-jacksons-family-dynasty-jack5ons/

'the jacksons: A family dynasty': A big family mess

you really think they would pass out a chance to make money??

Fail ....again.
lol!!!!

they started filming before mj died. on the show it goes back about a month and a half before he died cause they were even talking about something tmz had wrote about him. but believe what you want to

This thread is getting very very messy. Closed for cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back