MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording. [Merged]

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

My guess is bieber leaked it to get some attention. Its a big coincidence he mentioned mm on twitter the way he did and this leak. I mean, bieber has been the main topic on mj forums today... That's an accomplishment for him. Hate him or love him, or simply don't care.. Its getting our attention. Publicity all over for it..

I wonder where bieber ranks on Google searches today...

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber / Update: Estate says it is unauthorized and song is taken down

Is someone able to contact the estate and ask whether or not this is going to be officially released?

My guess is bieber leaked it to get some attention. Its a big coincidence he mentioned mm on twitter the way he did and this leak. I mean, bieber has been the main topic on mj forums today... That's an accomplishment for him. Hate him or love him, or simply don't care.. Its getting our attention. Publicity all over for it..

Wouldn't surprise me. Bieber seems to be doing anything to get attention these days. First he pee's in a bucket, then he plays guitar naked infront of his grandmother and now this. Bieber knows that his 15 minutes of fame are coming to an end so he's doing everything he can to stay relevant.

Teenage girls are very fickle and i've always said that once the next ''teen heart throb'' comes along they'll dump Justin Bieber really fast and now that One Direction seems to be the new ''teen heart throbs'' this appears to be the case.

Most puzzling to me is still the tweet by Bieber right after this leak started spreading. It seems like too much of a coincidence for him to just bring up MJ and being excited about what's to come randomly. He clearly seems to be referring to the leaked track - judging by the comments that's also how all his followers seemed to have taken it.

I simply cannot imagine Bieber tweeting about it if this was never meant to be released. I am not sure of course, but given this and the fact that he had access to the original acapella, I think it is most likely that something was in the works at least at some point. I hope we get a more detailed explanation from the Estate.

His fans already talked about a possible Grammy for this on Twitter. No joke.

His fans already talked about a possible Grammy for this on Twitter. No joke.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Zakk;3888732 said:
the surprise of a truly classic song has been taken away, im heartbroken that michael's art is being degraded by this shoddy teenager who's too big for his boots. today has been unforgettable :cry:

Let's keep in mind that the original leak of Slave to the Rhythm isn't the original 1989 recording – it's a Tricky Stewart reproduction from the summer of 2010, of which the ENTIRE instrumental was reconstructed, that Michael never heard or signed off on. It's far from classic -- musically, it's a generic club track that is only listenable because of Michael's vocals and the lyrics. In truth, Justin's instrumental feels much more complete than Tricky's, whose felt like an amateur remix of sorts.

I've analyzed the statement as saying that the recording as a whole was unauthorized, meaning that Justin either unlawfully acquired the stem tapes and recorded his own "remix," or he was led to believe that the estate was giving him permission to.

SoCav;3888779 said:
Most puzzling to me is still the tweet by Bieber right after this leak started spreading. It seems like too much of a coincidence for him to just bring up MJ and being excited about what's to come randomly. He clearly seems to be referring to the leaked track - judging by the comments that's also how all his followers seemed to have taken it.

I simply cannot imagine Bieber tweeting about it if this was never meant to be released. I am not sure of course, but given this and the fact that he had access to the original acapella, I think it is most likely that something was in the works at least at some point. I hope we get a more detailed explanation from the Estate.

Part of me believes that this is Bieber's ego coming through. Let's say that Justin recorded the track and the estate ultimately rejects it. He gets pissed -- this was his chance to record with his idol, and he can't release it. Then, he hears that it's leaked online! He goes online to gloat.

Last edited:

Bieber fans have been circulating this and the first one I can see is timed 25 minutes before Friedman story. so he could be using it as a source?

BR0mQkWCAAEnCQ5.jpg

and Jenkins is saying he's not involved

https://twitter.com/rodneyjerkins/status/368469593284571136

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

And it cuts like a knife. She's out of my life

Sorry but i couldn't help myself

AlwaysThere;3888783 said:
Let's keep in mind that the original leak of Slave to the Rhythm isn't the original 1989 recording – it's a Tricky Stewart reproduction from the summer of 2010, of which the ENTIRE instrumental was reconstructed, that Michael never heard or signed off on. It's far from classic -- musically, it's a generic club track that is only listenable because of Michael's vocals and the lyrics. In truth, Justin's instrumental feels much more complete than Tricky's, whose felt like an amateur remix of sorts.

I've analyzed the statement as saying that the recording as a whole was unauthorized, meaning that Justin either unlawfully acquired the stem tapes and recorded his own "remix," or he was led to believe that the estate was giving him permission to.

well, if that is the case i think the demo from 1989 should be included in dangerous 25 and the 1998 version released as a single in the near future and on a new album. i guess this song still does have great potential but for the people who were listening to the radio broadcasts today, tey will be like ''this is nothing new'' as many i will support an official release when its the raw demo michael worked on himself. here's hoping.

The Estate better do something quick publically because Bieber fans everywhere are requesting this song on the radio and spreading it like crazy.
I can't believe something like this would happen. Just mind boggling.

Bieber fans have been circulating this and the first one I can see is timed 25 minutes before Friedman story. so he could be using it as a source?

BR0mQkWCAAEnCQ5.jpg

and Jenkins is saying he's not involved

https://twitter.com/rodneyjerkins/status/368469593284571136

It's NOT what MJ would have wanted. MJ never even met Justin Bieber so how can his family say that this is what he would have wanted?

I don't know if that quote by Bieber is true, but if he really said this he's seriously delusional.

MJ's family has no right to pass on his work to other artists and say they can work on them and release them. JB or at least his advisors should be aware of how the business works and that they need the permission of the Estate for something like this, not Michael's family.

It's NOT what MJ would have wanted. MJ never even met Justin Bieber so how can his family say that this is what he would have wanted?

We don't even know if it's true what is stated here. Then again, it would't surprise me if his family did this.

well, if that is the case i think the demo from 1989 should be included in dangerous 25 and the 1998 version released as a single in the near future and on a new album. i guess this song still does have great potential but for the people who were listening to the radio broadcasts today, tey will be like ''this is nothing new'' as many i will support an official release when its the raw demo michael worked on himself. here's hoping.

What 1998 version?

This shows that Prince is not a Justin Bieber fan lol

tumblr_mc8zjmztQh1rwz53ko1_500.gif

He clearly doesn't give a s**t

Sorry but If I understand; Michael wanted him to finish (work on) that song!?

Sounds like W.A.Mozart wanted me to finish his symphony...

But what would the Jacksons benefit (a reasonable question to ask when it comes to the Jacksons) from handing over a couple of multitracks to Justin Bieber? That explanation sounds incredibly far-fetched to me. Given that it is based on the rock solid logic that this is what must have happened because, after all, Katherine and the kids lives in the same gated community as Bieber, I think this is quite unlikely. But who knows I guess...

What 1998 version?

wasnt it reworked by michael for the invincible album? hmmm.. well im confused :p i just want to hear michael's demo. :p sorry... :L

But what would the Jacksons benefit (a reasonable question to ask when it comes to the Jacksons) from handing over a couple of multitracks to Justin Bieber?

Just to p*** off the Estate?

Come on Estate, tell us just what the hell the story is! I feel the best thing they can do now, is release the song SOON (MJ only version) before it gets 'old'. This version with Bieber is going to spread everywhere FAST so they need to release the MJ only version as soon as they can.

I'm proud to see how sensitive us MJ fans are, it's the way it should be IMO. MJ was not just "an artist", he was the greatest and he he will always be.

I don't know if that quote by Bieber is true, but if he really said this he's seriously delusional.

MJ's family has no right to pass on his work to other artists and say they can work on them and release them. JB or at least his advisors should be aware of how the business works and that they need the permission of the Estate for something like this, not Michael's family.

in the desciption of the youtube upload on his official channel there is this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH95bvedqwc

To the people saying this song belongs to Michael it does .. but Michael's family gave me this song last year? so I could do something with it since he is my idol.

and he still didnt change it to the correct title. what an asshole!

Just to p*** off the Estate?

Could the "family" be considered for this? Wouldn't we have made something of it last year when it was said? Remember, Beliebers say that "Michael Jackson said in 1994 that someone would be born this year who will replace me". yeah, they said that. So it could well be fake but something to consider;
I asked the online team about the airing on Capital FM - they said it was unauthorized and taken down
I then asked the online team if the Estate gave JB permission - no reply.

Are they hiding something or did they just not reply?

in the desciption of the youtube upload on his official channel there is this...

To the people saying this song belongs to Michael it does .. but Michael's family gave me this song last year? so I could do something with it since he is my idol.

Calling someone an asshole based on false information. Classy.

Isn't it a fake account?

Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber

ahaa I find this too funny.

*MJ HAT ON!*

**** BRANCA **** ESTATE ***** CONSPIRACY!

How do we think BIG fans felt when Michael samples him on Unbreakable? It's the same. So.. works both ways.

what?

Back