MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording. [Merged]

Michael revolutionized the industry, for those who don't think everryy artist copies or has strong influence from Michael does not understand the full scope how Michael evolved music and the industry the way it is.. From street dances that were not worldwide known, he brought it to the for front. To music videos, videos were nothing like they are before Michael.. He was the guy that brought choreography, story, and true film making to videos/short films. Its because of Michael how music boards are built, he wanted specific capabilities and they built it for him and now its the standard for all music/sound boards. He expanded multi track layers that every artist uses now.. I really could keep going on but many artists don't even know how they do what Michael did when he was the first..

Not to mention the obvious, any time you see usher airwalk across the stage thank Michael. Any time you see any artist use the toaster on stage, thank Michael. When you watch a video and a line of dancers are with the artist in a choegraphed dance, thank Michael..

Not to mention he was the first musician to have mega deals with Pepsi and other lined companies to the extent he did. Now everyone fallows that.. I'll stop preaching

Thanks for this. I have saved it on my desk top with my other Michael Accomplishments because I did not the information about the line of dancers.

That's a valid point, but they could still do that. Title of the video is irrelevant when you're sharing it via social media as all you need is a link. Thats why many people in the 2000 Watts forum take any words such as "michael jackson" out of the filename because then Mediafire or whatever will pick up its copyrighted work and remove it. Replace "2000 Watts" with a Justin Bieber forum/fan's twitter and "Michael Jackson" with "Justin Bieber" and it's the same situation.

Excatly

But this:
Replace "2000 Watts" with a Justin Bieber forum/

Please god no lol

But this:
Replace "2000 Watts" with a Justin Bieber forum/

Please god no lol

I didn't mean make 2000 Watts host Justin Bieber content if that's how you interpreted it haha. Just meant that Justin Bieber fan forums will host Justin Bieber content (in this case, including STTR) similar to how 2000 Watts hosts MJ content :)

I didn't mean make 2000 Watts host Justin Bieber content if that's how you interpreted it haha. Just meant that Justin Bieber fan forums will host Justin Bieber content (in this case, including STTR) similar to how 2000 Watts hosts MJ content :)

Oh thank god lol

I really do not understand all of the hatred for Justin Bieber over this song. I'm not a fan of his or his music, and he often times comes across as an egotistical prick, but why is everyone pointing the finger at him? I don't seem to recall Bieber being in charge of the Estate and having any say in the direction of Michael's music. He got presented with an opportunity to work on an MJ record and he took it. The kid's a fan, I'm not gonna deny him that.

It's wrong however to be point any of the blame in his direction.

He got presented with an opportunity to work on an MJ record and he took it. The kid's a fan, I'm not gonna deny him that.

I'll be honest, if I was an artist and I was offered the chance to work on an MJ record, I'd undoubtedly say yes :p

But STTR is a nearly finished Michael Jackson song. Michael finished the vocals, just the production is lacking. There is no need to bring any other artist in to sing 'with' Michael. This simply destroyes the song. It is Michael's song. Let us hear STTR how Michael left it, this is all we want.

But STTR is a nearly finished Michael Jackson song. Michael finished the vocals, just the production is lacking.

You are talking about the first remix. There is an original 1989 version that probably is way more finished than that. Just probably with a very outdated production.

I'd love to hear that "outdated" production more than any new remix. I don't care much for the sound that is currently hip to be honest. In a couple of years all these songs on the chart today will sound outdated. I don't mind a remix, but I'd like to have the original as well. IMO on the long term that's more valuable.

I'd love to hear that "outdated" production more than any new remix. I don't care much for the sound that is currently hip to be honest. In a couple of years all these songs on the chart today will sound outdated. I don't mind a remix, but I'd like to have the original as well. IMO on the long term that's more valuable.
I agree. I despise the music of today. It all sounds the same and like you said, it will all be outdated in a few years. The sound of music today is continuously changing more than ever...It's best to leave the songs with the way they're intended to sound, in my opinion. If there needs to be new production, ok but stick to the original sound.

Of course I don't see this happening, but I think they should release the album with finalized tracks.. Update them if it need it, keeping true to the sound that was intended.. With that have a fan pack release that has the original demos/recordings of them.. For the fans that would appreciate it despite any out dated sounds or lack of something in it..

^^ That would be kind of disappointing honestly. I'm interested in hearing Tim tackle a brand new track entirely.

I assume he is working on more than one song. But yeah, just give us the original version and give Timbo some unheard stuff.

STTR os not a duet kind of song. - It works best whan MJ sings it himself!

Lol! I've been thinking the same thing.. I wonder if I recorded an mj demo as a duet (I'm a horrible singer) if I'd get this type of attention.. If I would I m recording it because I'd be an online sensation overnight for doing something I'm not god at.

PLEASE MJ ESTATE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE DO NOT DO THIS TO SLAVE TO THE RHYTHM PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE DO NOT ADD JUSTIN BIEBER PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEEE NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

PLEASE MJ ESTATE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE DO NOT DO THIS TO SLAVE TO THE RHYTHM PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE DO NOT ADD JUSTIN BIEBER PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEEE NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
You don't have to beg :)
The Estate is not releasing STTR with Bieber. They are trying to remove the music as Unauthorized. They don't want the song either...

Good. :ciao:
.....Then this thread really is... kind of misleading. The Statement says that they're taking it offline, but nothing sbout the MJ / Bieber thing Not happening.

Not sure if this is related.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>No more asking permission. Now We can put out what We want! Thank you god! And thank you <a href="https://twitter.com/mes34">@mes34</a></p>&mdash; Tricky Stewart (@TrickyStewart) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrickyStewart/statuses/371370442570747905">August 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KingMikeJ;3894404 said:
Not sure if this is related.

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 1px; border: medium none; position: absolute;" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
No more asking permission. Now We can put out what We want! Thank you god! And thank you @mes34
&#8212; Tricky Stewart (@TrickyStewart) August 24, 2013
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Thanks for posting. Could mean anything I guess, as you say. Mark E. Stewart is Tricky's brother and apparently the co-owner/founder of RedZone Entertainment (their production company).

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Capital FM are milking this... encouraging Justin Bieber fans to spread this unauthorised leak even further.

---

http://www.capitalfm.com/photos/best-moments-2013-so-far/justin-bieber-michael-jackson/

The Best Hit Music Moments Of 2013 So Far

As we enter the second half of 2013, we want to know what's been your highlight of the year so far. From Miley's twerking to Lady Gaga and Katy Perry's pop comebacks, this is your chance to let us know what's been your favourite moment of 2013 so far! All you need to do is 'like' and retweet your favourites to cast your vote.

Justin Bieber Unveils Duet With Michael Jackson
Even though he's one of Justin's idols, it was still a MASSIVE surprise when the teen star unveiled a collaboration with the late Michael Jackson in August. The track, 'Slave To The Rhythm', was praised by fans after it was given its first play on Capital FM. Click the Facebook 'Like' button or hit retweet if it was your favourite moment of the year so far!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/JustinCrew">@JustinCrew</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/justinbieber">@JustinBieber</a> needs your vote! Give him the win right here: <a href="http://t.co/U1tTWAJXT0">http://t.co/U1tTWAJXT0</a></p>&mdash; Capital FM (@CapitalOfficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/CapitalOfficial/statuses/373204180972093440">August 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I also like the song..

BUT the MJ solo version of the song!
Estate/Sony: Don't try to 'complete' tracks which ALREADY ARE COMPLETED BY MICHAEL JACKSON!

I actually like the song. My wife and my daughter like it too. :D

Be careful mate! Not a popular opinion.

nah, just kidding. I think it's alright too. The original is obv much better but it's not the worst thing I've ever heard.

I just hope this leak doesn't make the song never come out... Once a song gets so much attention they usually scratch it..

I actually like the song. My wife and my doughter like it too. :D

Same here ! Honestly the duet is not that bad. Yeah, I'd definitely prefer it without Bieber but his vocals in this song are fine and I think a lot of people are complaining just because it is Justin Bieber (that's obviously not the only reason but I know a lot of people would be against the song solely because it has Bieber). Plus I like the new instrumental during the chorus, it's badass to dance to :D

I played it to some friends (who are also MJ fans) and they said it was alright too.

We don´t know how many songs there are where Michael sings the whole song.
Slave To The Rythm is one of these songs and why should Michael´s vocals be removed and someone else sing in his place?It wasn´t meant as a duet and they should release it with only Michael´s vocals.

Back