MJ Estate Sues Howard Mann and business partner Henry Vaccaro - Settlement reached

Re: MJ Estate Sues Katherine Jackson's Business Partner Howard Mann / Latest update : April 19, 2011

Please expain your comment here ???
When did the terms of the trust change according to you ?
Where is it stated Katherine will not recieve her 40% once estate is out of probate ?
Let the trust documents help you get rid of this misunderstandment of yours

Last edited:
Re: MJ Estate Sues Katherine Jackson's Business Partner Howard Mann / Latest update : April 19, 2011

My understanding of the will is that Michael did leave his mother 40% of his Will but he purposely made it impossible for her to ever inherit the money. According to the terms of the Will, Katherine will recieve her 40% at the same time Prince Michael inherits his full share which is age 40. Michael knew she would never live that long so all she will ever get is a monthly allowence. Smart Michael. He wanted his children to enjoy the fruit of his work not his extended relatives. The children are also the only ones who will ever have control over his name, trademark and likeness other then the Estate.

My understanding of the will is that Michael did leave his mother 40% of his Will but he purposely made it impossible for her to ever inherit the money. According to the terms of the Will, Katherine will recieve her 40% at the same time Prince Michael inherits his full share which is age 40. Michael knew she would never live that long so all she will ever get is a monthly allowence. Smart Michael. He wanted his children to enjoy the fruit of his work not his extended relatives. The children are also the only ones who will ever have control over his name, trademark and likeness other then the Estate.
No, it's how the others explained, besides, I don't want to offend anyone but the chances of Katherine being still here when Prince turns 40 are very slim and/or basically non existent, seeing as she's already 80 + today.

No it's how the others said. Basically it's impossible for her to put her 40% in her own will and it will revert back to Michael's children. VERY smart move from MJ.

Michael was extremely clever in his will and that's what's made the family so mad. Katherine will never get 40%, she gets an allowance, she can never leave that to the rest of the family. At the rate the Estate is growing Forbes has estimated that each of the kids will be billionaires by the time they reach 40.

Michael was extremely clever in his will and that's what's made the family so mad. Katherine will never get 40%, she gets an allowance, she can never leave that to the rest of the family. At the rate the Estate is growing Forbes has estimated that each of the kids will be billionaires by the time they reach 40.
And the problem the rest of Jackson's have; is that they won't

Last edited:

Direct quote

" The trustee may distribute as much of the net income and/or principal of the trust estate as the Trustee deems necessary or desirable in his absolute discretion for Katherine's care, support, maintenance, comfort and well-being. Distributions shall be made first from the net income of the trust estate and if net income is insufficient from the principal of the trust estate"

Meaning : 40% of the Estate is put into a separate account named as "Katherine Jackson Trust". Preferably net income from this 40% is used to provide for Katherine's care, support, maintenance, comfort and well-being during her lifetime. The amount is to be determined by the executors.

As you can see from "sufficient / insufficient" she will not be given 40% upfront and she'll only get an amount necessary or desirable for her care.

Direct quote

"Upon Katherine's death the remaining balance of the trust estate of Katherine Jackson Trust shall be added to the Michael Jackson Children's Trust".

Meaning: When she dies the account established for her is closed and the remaining assets (40%) put into is transfered into MJ's kids accounts.

so you can see the 40% is put aside to be used for Katherine's care. Also as you can see the income is to be used first meaning that the principal is protected. She never gets a lump sum or control of any of the assets and everything eventually goes to MJ's kids. However I'm sure that once the probate is over the money given to her (allowance) could and will be increased. ( as estate still has debts judge determined the allowance on a "need basis", once the debts are paid of executors can pay as much as they want and do not need to limit it to "need" basis).

Direct quote

" The trustee may distribute as much of the net income and/or principal of the trust estate as the Trustee deems necessary or desirable in his absolute discretion for Katherine's care, support, maintenance, comfort and well-being. Distributions shall be made first from the net income of the trust estate and if net income is insufficient from the principal of the trust estate"

Meaning : 40% of the Estate is put into a separate account named as "Katherine Jackson Trust". Preferably net income from this 40% is used to provide for Katherine's care, support, maintenance, comfort and well-being during her lifetime. The amount is to be determined by the executors.

As you can see from "sufficient / insufficient" she will not be given 40% upfront and she'll only get an amount necessary or desirable for her care.

Direct quote

"Upon Katherine's death the remaining balance of the trust estate of Katherine Jackson Trust shall be added to the Michael Jackson Children's Trust".

Meaning: When she dies the account established for her is closed and the remaining assets (40%) put into is transfered into MJ's kids accounts.

so you can see the 40% is put aside to be used for Katherine's care. Also as you can see the income is to be used first meaning that the principal is protected. She never gets a lump sum or control of any of the assets and everything eventually goes to MJ's kids. However I'm sure that once the probate is over the money given to her (allowance) could and will be increased. ( as estate still has debts judge determined the allowance on a "need basis", once the debts are paid of executors can pay as much as they want and do not need to limit it to "need" basis).

Ivy, I'd be totally lost in trying to understand all this. Thank you.

No. you got it all wrong. KJ is not his heir. she will NEVER inherit his Estate or a portion of it. She will continue to receive an allowance even after the probate is over.

Let the trust documents help you get rid of this misunderstandment of yours
Well I did read the trust I guess I misunderstod how it works.
Althought i knew she would never recieve 40% in onelump sum .. Thanks

Thank you Ivy for claifying how the trust works as it pertains to Katherine

Last edited:

I am just curious about charities. i know they get 20%. but does that mean 20% of everything including Mijac, sony/atv, Neverland, Havendurst, and other assets? Or it's 20% of the money generated after death but minus debts and taxes?

i think its 20% of the money after probate. so lets say theres 200 mill to be shared out to chrities or put into heal the world and distrubuted to organisations that way. asserts are never involved such as neverland sony/atv.

i think its 20% of the money after probate. so lets say theres 200 mill to be shared out to chrities or put into heal the world and distrubuted to organisations that way. asserts are never involved such as neverland sony/atv.

I second that. thanks

No. you got it all wrong. KJ is not his heir. she will NEVER inherit his Estate or a portion of it. She will continue to receive an allowance even after the probate is over.

I know this and that is what I stated. Please read what I said again.

I second that. thanks

it might be that or it might be 20% of the profits like with kat. ill have to check the trust as i cant remember for defo

I am just curious about charities. i know they get 20%. but does that mean 20% of everything including Mijac, sony/atv, Neverland, Havendurst, and other assets? Or it's 20% of the money generated after death but minus debts and taxes?

Trust document says "sum equal to 20% of Trustor's gross estate as valued for federal tax purposes".

So I think it's based on the value of Michael's taxable assets.

Trust document says "sum equal to 20% of Trustor's gross estate as valued for federal tax purposes".

So I think it's based on the value of Michael's taxable assets.

That is huge. How are they going to pay that? unless they sell some assets

It depends on what's taxable and I guess they'll pay it over a period of time. There will be 35% ?? Estate tax I believe. This charitable donation would help them reduce that as well.

whats huge?

So once out of probate the estate has to pay 20% tax?

Ok thanks mj put aside money to pay taxes or was that taxes for something else

So once out of probate the estate has to pay 20% tax?

Ok thanks mj put aside money to pay taxes or was that taxes for something else

probably the tax rate will be higher around 35% or so.

The Estate Tax is a tax on your right to transfer property at your death. It consists of an accounting of everything you own or have certain interests in at the date of death (Refer to Form 706 (PDF)). The fair market value of these items is used, not necessarily what you paid for them or what their values were when you acquired them. The total of all of these items is your "Gross Estate." The includible property may consist of cash and securities, real estate, insurance, trusts, annuities, business interests and other assets.

Once you have accounted for the Gross Estate, certain deductions (and in special circumstances, reductions to value) are allowed in arriving at your "Taxable Estate." These deductions may include mortgages and other debts, estate administration expenses, property that passes to surviving spouses and qualified charities. The value of some operating business interests or farms may be reduced for estates that qualify.

After the net amount is computed, the value of lifetime taxable gifts (beginning with gifts made in 1977) is added to this number and the tax is computed. The tax is then reduced by the available unified credit. Presently, the amount of this credit reduces the computed tax so that only total taxable estates and lifetime gifts that exceed $1,000,000 will actually have to pay tax. In its current form, the estate tax only affects the wealthiest 2 percent of all Americans

Katherine even released her own statement in response, claiming, "Howard has been great to me and my family ... I look forward to our continued relationship and our future business projects."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/26/kathe...ollywood-reporter-retraction/#comments-anchor

Huh?! :wtf:
kermit.gif

Reading this I am worse than Kermit!!! :fear:

That is why the estate have to make sure they give to approve charity so they can claim it back in taxes, the fee pay to the executor to manage the estate are tax deductible too.

Katherine even released her own statement in response, claiming, "Howard has been great to me and my family ... I look forward to our continued relationship and our future business projects."

This is so sad............................
I guess the Jackson family never learned from the past.
Neither Joe or Katherine are not good at all in business. Why can't they see through it and understand it.
How many fail business projects they had through the past 30 years?
I can see another Korea concert fiasco coming in the future.
MJ in live can't bail them out again and again. MJ is death won't be able to bail them out in the future.
I just hope PPB won't get caught up into anything.

Estate tax was 45% in 2009 when Michael passed.

That's the rate that applies to him.

45%

That is an outrageous amount to pay. I wonder if there is anything the Estate can do to lower the rate?

Very informative, thanks Ivy.
Not quite sure, but I assume 'lifetime taxable gift' is an exemption time period before taxes are paid?
I'm pretty sure every possibility to reduce those taxes will be explored and used.
As for Katherine, it's so sad she gets all the wrong advice towards the end of her life. The way people manipulate her is such a disgrace.

Back