MJ Estate versus Melissa Johnson and HTWF /Update: Settlement Enforced - HTWF lost the Appeal

Re: Update: MJ Estate files supplement to their complaint against Melissa Johnson and HTWF

I'm so confused as to what has gone on. Could someone update the first post to let us know simply what has happened since the first post was made and what all these articles about Katherine. I appreciate everyone's effort in contributing to this thread and fighting for the truth, I just think if the first page was updated more people would engage with the topic rather than get confused by it all and run and hide lol

How about if I write a summary here?

- Estate sued Melissa Johnson's HTWF for their unauthorized use of Michael's image and likeliness, trademarks and confusing people that it was Michael's 1991 charity.
- When the preparations and initial steps of the trial was going on Melissa Johnson got Katherine and Joe to be on the board of directors and Michael's kids on the youth board. She also revived and merged her HTWF with MJ's HTWF and signed a 10 year deal agreement with Howard Mann.
- Estate filed additional complaint calling the revival and merge fraudulent.
- HTWF and Estate argued about jury trial versus bench trial. It's decided that it will be a bench trial (judge makes the decision).
- The trial is about the start so now every witness is filing their statements, declarations, testimonies. You can find them posted over this thread.
- The issue with Katherine's declaration is that the declaration filed with the court really badmouthing John Branca but Katherine's lawyer Adam Streisand called that declaration a fraud saying that she never said those things. So now we have the issue of what she really said, who changed what, how did this happened in regards to her testimony.

Re: Update: MJ Estate files supplement to their complaint against Melissa Johnson and HTWF

thanks Ivy, feel up-to-date now. What a mess. I'll try and keep up from now on.

Shoot, without using the BATES STAMPING system, I'm not sure they can even keep track of their OWN evidence. LOL!

Like I said Estate already did the Bates stamping for them. They just wanted them to go and change exhibit 4.a to for example Bates 004532-09. they didn't do it.

thanks Ivy, feel up-to-date now. What a mess. I'll try and keep up from now on.

From now on the news should be manageable. We'll hear the oppositions to testimony and then the trial will start and a few days after that we'll have the verdict.

has just escalated her battle royale with the Michael Jackson Estate by firing her lawyer.

TMZ has obtained a letter Katherine sent to Adam Streisand, wishing him the best on the one hand ... and giving him the boot on the other.

The letter does not explain the reasons for the firing, simply saying, "... I have decided to move in a different direction."

But sources connected with Katherine tell TMZ ... she's upset that Streisand gave TMZ a statement yesterday in which he said Katherine "denies signing any statement to the court that makes accusations against the executors of any wrongdoing with respect to her son or his estate."

The Heal the World Foundation had filed a declaration -- purportedly written by Katherine Jackson -- in which she accused John Branca of being a crook who stole from Michael.

Streisand told TMZ Wednesday, "She did not and would not make any such statements about the executors."

Sources connected with Katherine do not dispute Streisand's claim that Katherine never said or believed the executors were crooks. So it's unclear what got Katherine so upset that she fired Streisand.

Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... some of the people who have Katherine's ear have it out for the Estate and actually wrote the declaration with the accusations and were upset that Streisand blew the whistle on them.

And so it goes

wow so the only logical and reasonable person in the mix is now gone.. so sad..

I loved asking "where's Adam Streisand" and I guess now I know my answer is "far away from this mess". and probably it's better for him. Can't say the same thing for Katherine though.

:eek:

Craziness. Waiting for the next twist in this story..

Jesus Take The Wheel!

This is just CRAZY!

I wonder who sent the letter to TMZ? I'm sure it wasn't Adam Streisand. Somebody inside Katherine's circle is working overtime, that's for sure.

What's next, by the end of the day, will Katherine Jackson come out and say: "I didn't fire my attorney."

Wow! This is very messy. Talk about disunity. That is never good for accomplishing anything. :no:

If it was false the attorneys mentioned or Katherine would come forward and say it was false They didnt.
Katherine did indeed state to this attorney the testimony is not hers. Now whether she is being truthful
is another matter. I think she was manipulated into making the statements myself. or as estate said in
trying to defend her actions she singed the signature page without knowing what the doce actually said
Ither was it shows somethign very shady going on form that side.

If you cant see that I dont know what to tell you.

She was instructed by those who are runnign this fiasco to fire him. Becuase Streisand is on the up and up and would be
of no help in ther dirty deeds. He was tring to advise Katherine wisley but that was against what Joe Randy Mann and the
rest of the bunch in the Jackson camp want.

Oh Lord. Say it isn't so. That 20% belongs to genuine charities.

It's disgusting that some false charity and a few family members would try to squirrel away the money Michael intended for those in need jointly, just to support their selfish grandiose lifestyles.

if the estate wins, what will be the verdict? complete shut down of the fake charity? Or will Johnson still be able to run it so long as she makes it absolutely clear it has nothing to do with MJ? will the kids/katherine still be allowed to be involved?

This has Randy Jackson and Joe Jackson written all over it.. Neither one of them want the estate running anything. They want to be in charge with all of MJ's money. I will bet anything those two are in Katherine's ear daily.

Katherine has just fired the only decent person that she had around her.

if the estate wins, what will be the verdict? complete shut down of the fake charity? Or will Johnson still be able to run it so long as she makes it absolutely clear it has nothing to do with MJ? will the kids/katherine still be allowed to be involved?

she can run a charity and Katherine and kids could be a part of it. She cannot claim any relation to Michael though. Estate is also asking for the cancellation of the "Heal the world" trademarks. If they win that request then she'll probably have to rename the charity or close it.

Estate basically wants her trademark registrations cancelled, wants her to stop using Michael's image,name and likeliness and claim connection to him and they want the government records to be corrected showing that Michael's 91 charity isn't revived or merged with hers.

Another twist and turn. The only sane person in the mix is gone.

Chaos...

she can run a charity and Katherine and kids could be a part of it. She cannot claim any relation to Michael though. Estate is also asking for the cancellation of the "Heal the world" trademarks. If they win that request then she'll probably have to rename the charity or close it.

Estate basically wants her trademark registrations cancelled, wants her to stop using Michael's image,name and likeliness and claim connection to him and they want the government records to be corrected showing that Michael's 91 charity isn't revived or merged with hers.

Yeah ...I hope the HTW trademark is canceled.

Ivy can the estate try to get the kids disconected from HTWF??? And also another thing i wonder about can they ask to see the financial records from HTWF to see if any of the kids money is being used to support HTWF??

Katherine just made the worst choice she could have. Getting rid of the only honest professional in that mess. :bugeyed

Adam Streisand may be gone, but I will ALWAYS be thankful for two things regarding his relationship with Katherine Jackson.

No. 1 being that he was able to counsel her to the point where she dropped her claims against the estate executors; and

No. 2 being that he EXPOSED the game somebody in Katherine Jackson's circle was trying to pull on the Court AND the Judge regarding this present matter.

Streisand's firing greatly disappoints. I was hoping KJ was beginning to see the light about Mann and Johnson with the declaration, but now I realize, crooks will always have her ear, she'll always listen to them, and she apparently wants to believe them. This whole thing, especially related to a charity, is very depressing.

i guess that she will try to remove the executors now

i guess that she will try to remove the executors now
Can she still make an attempt at that? I thought the time limit had expired or is there no time limit on that type of thing?

I think after 90 days

she can ask a removal for breach of fiduciary duties, mismanagement, fraud, etc...

http://law.justia.com/codes/california/2010/prob/8500-8505.html

8502. A personal representative may be removed from office for any
of the following causes:
(a) The personal representative has wasted, embezzled, mismanaged,
or committed a fraud on the estate, or is about to do so.
(b) The personal representative is incapable of properly executing
the duties of the office or is otherwise not qualified for
appointment as personal representative.
(c) The personal representative has wrongfully neglected the
estate, or has long neglected to perform any act as personal
representative.
(d) Removal is otherwise necessary for protection of the estate or
interested persons.
(e) Any other cause provided by statute.

she can ask a removal for breach of fiduciary duties, mismanagement, etc...
Oh, okay. Thanks.

At this point, that would be an UP HILL battle for Katherine and her minions, in my opinion. But it wouldn't surprise me, because the name of the game is, of course - MONEY, MONEY, & MORE MONEY!

she can ask a removal for breach of fiduciary duties, mismanagement, fraud, etc...

http://law.justia.com/codes/california/2010/prob/8500-8505.html

8502. A personal representative may be removed from office for any
of the following causes:
(a) The personal representative has wasted, embezzled, mismanaged,
or committed a fraud on the estate, or is about to do so.
(b) The personal representative is incapable of properly executing
the duties of the office or is otherwise not qualified for
appointment as personal representative.
(c) The personal representative has wrongfully neglected the
estate, or has long neglected to perform any act as personal
representative.
(d) Removal is otherwise necessary for protection of the estate or
interested persons.
(e) Any other cause provided by statute.

Well she can ask but the trick for her would be proving it

At this point, somebody is going to start questioning Katherine Jackson's competency, in my opinion.

The last few days have shown she "may" be needing some assistance from somebody who does not have a vested interest in the things that are going on around her. She's 80+ years of age and is the guardian of 3-minor children.

Folks NOT involved in this case, meaning Joe, Randy and Trent, need to drop what they're doing and go check on their mother, before it's too late.

Keeping in mind, that for some reason, Trent is now being called a "caretaker," instead of an "assistant."

Back