MJ fans' second favourite artist (prince? SCARY coincidences)

i don't mind Prince and Janet, i love Linkin Park, James Brown!... but after Mike i would have to go with U2 and Rage Against The Machine as my fav groups of all time!

My favorite artist after Michael is David Bowie. Prince is my third favorite artist. I have other artists I really like but aside from Michael, David Bowie and Prince are the only artists I'm a big fan of where I'm compelled to get every single album, single, unreleased songs, videos and books etc.

Last edited:
No, he isn't! I don't like pop too much. My second favorite band would be something like Nine Inch Nails or Pink Floyds...

both refuse to vote or support any policians

both are jehovahs witnessnes (like less than 1 percent of population)

Well, that's the same.. Jehovah's refuses to vote or join the army. If they have a criminal problem, they are told not to tell the police but keep it inside them and are told that they can't trust police, or government, or anything that is not JW... They don't accept blood transfusion (always asked if Michael could be dead because he would have refused that!), they don't have access to archives of JW so they can't know all the mistakes they made in the past..

Well, I've researched so much on them... I have friends who are in that (you just can't talk with them) and have friends who were able to get out of that (very tough since they are copletely brainwashed) I hate JW (leaders) and have pitty for followers, like Prince and Michael....

But to go with the subject... Yes my 2nd fav artist is Prince.

^^^^Venus & Serena Williams are JW's also. Michael was going to destroy all of the Thriller footage before it was released because of the JW leadership, but John Landis talked him out of it. If Mike went through with it, things would probably have turned out much differently. Mike left the Witnesses around 1987. All of the siblings were raised as JW's, but as far as I know, Rebbie is the only one still in it. Papa Joe was never one though. Prince joined in the 1990s. He even made a whole album about it called "The Rainbow Children". This is why I never believed those rumors about Prince getting a hip replacement.

I like Prince quite a bit but he's not in the top few of my favourites.

After Michael, I think I would be going with Queen and David Bowie.

If they have a criminal problem,
they are told not to tell the police but keep it inside them
and are told that they can't trust police, or government,
or anything that is not JW

i know for sure it's not true!
they respect and subordinate governmant.
and they ask for help to police.

as for my second favorite is no one.:D
i don't like prince at all!

I have a groups of preferred artists . All the artists in my "Number 1 artist group" are great to me, and I don't say who was better or worse. None of them are number 1 or two. They're all different and I enjoy them for what they brought to the table.

Group 1 (MJ, Prince, Jimi Hendrix, Billy Holiday, Howlin' Wolf)

I do have number two artists that I enjoy. They're good but not superior to group 1.

Group 2 (Kanye West, Jennifer Hudson, and Maxwell, Radio Head)

For me it would have to be without a doubt Ritchie Valens. Ever since i watched the movie "La Bamba" (my fav movie of all time btw) i became a big fan of his. And you can just imagine how happy i got when i found out that we both share the same birthdate of May 13 lol I can only imagine how much greater he would've gotten if he hadn't been tragically taken away at such a young age.

I love the Rat Pack (Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr.). They are definitely my other favorites.

I do LOVE Prince (Purple Rain the movie is one of my favs.)

I also have lots of love for Ray Charles, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, The Killers, Stevie Wonder, Lupe Fiasco, Billy Joel, Kanye West, Jay Z, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Perry Cuomo...
Well..I love music.

Well, that's the same.. Jehovah's refuses to vote or join the army. If they have a criminal problem, they are told not to tell the police but keep it inside them and are told that they can't trust police, or government, or anything that is not JW... They don't accept blood transfusion (always asked if Michael could be dead because he would have refused that!), they don't have access to archives of JW so they can't know all the mistakes they made in the past..

Well, I've researched so much on them... I have friends who are in that (you just can't talk with them) and have friends who were able to get out of that (very tough since they are copletely brainwashed) I hate JW (leaders) and have pitty for followers, like Prince and Michael....

But to go with the subject... Yes my 2nd fav artist is Prince.

Sorry to go off subject, but I am studying with Jehovah's Witnesses and they certainly are not brain wash LOL No one is forced to do anything in the Jehovah's Witness religion, it is upto each individual what they want to do. I am studying with the witnesses and they have not made me do anything I don't want to do, its my decision if I want/ do not want to do certain things.
As for going to the police and keeping it inside of the organization, every elder (JW leader) I have spoken to said that if something goes on in the congregation, they would advice that person to go straight to the police, and then they will deal with them afterwards.

The blood issue isnt even a problem these days, yes JW's don't accept blood, but there are other operations that JW's can have without having a blood transfusion. They have even paid for a machine to perform bloodless surgery and most people that use it are not JW's.

Please repect others people's point of view and other religions. Thank you

JW's are very loving people

Last edited:
I think it might be a generational thing. Prince's 80s and 90s stuff kinda peaked here in the US at the same time as Mike's stuff was, but after the 90s Prince kinda faded away only to be like a really big deal to his die hard fans here in the states where as Mike was finding crazy success with Invincible and BOTDF overseas. I think a few American fans might say Prince is their second fav artist, but I wouldn't say that about younger Mike fans or overseas fans.

I don't know if I have a second favorite artist to be honest with you. I have quite a few favorite bands and artists. Prince is definitely in that category tho, along with quite a few others.

I like Prince but he's not in my second place :)
That place is for Radiohead.

No, he isn't! I don't like pop too much. My second favorite band would be something like Nine Inch Nails or Pink Floyd...

after Mike i would have to go with U2 and Rage Against The Machine as my fav groups of all time!

Jeff Buckley, Bob Dylan and The Smiths, then The Cure etc.

I like Prince a lot, I just cant say I own any of his music.

I have a groups of preferred artists . All the artists in my "Number 1 artist group" are great to me, and I don't say who was better or worse. None of them are number 1 or two. They're all different and I enjoy them for what they brought to the table.

Group 1 (MJ, Prince, Jimi Hendrix, Billy Holiday, Howlin' Wolf)

I do have number two artists that I enjoy. They're good but not superior to group 1.

Group 2 (Kanye West, Jennifer Hudson, and Maxwell, Radiohead)

Hey! I knew I wasn't the only one here :D
I don't feel like an alien anymore :happy:

I always found that a lot of MJ fans were Stevie Wonder and Queen fans too, whoever meantioned that :)

Being a Janet fan I found a lot of her fans have Prince as a number 2 and vice versa, probably because of their similar Minneapolis sound during the Control era. I'm not really that fond of Prince, I think he's a little arrogant, but he has some good songs, I won't deny that, and he is a talented innovative artist.

My favourite after MJ is Janet, then Stevie Wonder :)

I always found that a lot of MJ fans were Stevie Wonder and Queen fans too, whoever meantioned that :)

Being a Janet fan I found a lot of her fans have Prince as a number 2 and vice versa, probably because of their similar Minneapolis sound during the Control era. I'm not really that fond of Prince, I think he's a little arrogant, but he has some good songs, I won't deny that, and he is a talented innovative artist.

My favourite after MJ is Janet, then Stevie Wonder :)

LOL. I hadn't read your reply. I first went and posted Stevie Wonder and Queen without reading any comments.
Funny to see that a lot of people here like them too.

There's not much good bands or artists nowadays I believe. Ofcourse there are some, but nothing like the '70's and '80's, when talent seemed to be everywhere.

Queen. Then Prince.

I didn't like Prince back in the 80s, early 90s because 1) he was a bit too vulgar to me, 2) the media hyped this MJ-Prince "rivalry" at the time. So when I was a teenager I kinda bought into this stupid notion that you couldn't be a fan of MJ and Prince at the same time. Luckily I have grown out of this childish stuff and now I appreciate Prince a lot and his vulgarity doesn't bother me any more either.

It's also true a lot of MJ fans like Queen. I think that's because both Michael and Freddie were exceptional and pretty theatrical performers, showmen.

Prince
Tori Amos
Guns N Roses

These are my joint second favourite artists.

My favorite artist after Michael is David Bowie, and after him it's Prince. I love Prince's music, the man is a genius. Michael Jackson, David Bowie and Prince are the people I consider to be the most talented and complete artists of all time in music.

Like a lot of Michael Jackson fans I also love Queen. I wouldn't say Prince is the second or even third favourite artist of Michael's fans (it's hard to say who is), but he's one of the artists and bands I would expect a lot of Michael Jackson fans to also have as a favourite artist along with Queen, Stevie Wonder and James Brown. I actually think Michael Jackson fans have a very eclectic range of artists/bands they listen to considering the different styles of music Michael made.

I have alot of mj friends that are big fans of prince. seems to be a trait with mj fans. I guess cause they have alot in common personally ive always found him abit to much to the funk side for me. dont mind the odd song that is more mainstream. i prefer old school soul motown stuff which i found through mj. more modern artists i prefer are ppl like r.kelly but ive found his later music isnt as good as his mid 90's stuff which is when i got into him

Back