MJ Fight For #1 W (Let's Make it #1 & Give MJ A new RECORD!) Please read updated post #234

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification :).

By the way, smooth, how is this album failing? It's doing pretty damn good on iTunes..? >> Official Charts Thread for 'Michael'

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

I'm not buying it because of the 3 songs. I'm sure alot of others are doing that too.

with ur logic .then why not buy for 7 other songs ?

Re: Hit: MJ will fight for #1 selling between 225k -250k first week

While I personally hope the album is a hit, the reason why some people want the album to fail is precisely because they're MJ fans. IF the Cascio tracks are indeed fake, it would be cosmic justice for the album to fail, because it means Sony will think twice next time before trying to pull one over the fans' eyes.

I agree. Because it's in Michael's name, I am hoping it's a hit, but at the same time it wouldn't be the worst thing ever for it to not do well, for above reasons. It's not like Michael is here to care about this album anyway, he never wanted it to come out and he's probably riding a unicorn through an enchanted forest right now.

The way I see it, whether or not this album is a big success or not, we certainly haven't heard the last of unreleased tracks or demos. Sony might have a limited amount of recordings in their possession right now, but you know the estate is going to continue making deals with the stuff they have over time. Just look at the Beatles, Elvis, and even Sinatra. It won't all come at once, but especially in this day and age how could more NOT come out one way or another..........simply put, it is Michael Jackson we are talking about here.

Any kind of sales over 180,000 for first week will be seen as great! Thats good these days. And the headline will be Michael Jackson debuts at Number 1.

Shame of those of you who are happy that the sales are not strong!
You have become hateful, you underestimate and destroy!
I wish I never lived a moment like this!
The problem is that NON OF US WILL TAKE THE BLAME FOR THE ALBUM IN CASE IT FLOPS BUT MICHAEL WILL AND THE MEDIA WILL HAVE A BALL!
YOU DISGUST ME!!!

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THOSE FANS THAT ARE AGAINST THIS ALBUM! NEVER!! They are hateful and they do not deserve to be called fans. THEY ARE NOT FANS!!!

^^^^^^^^^ agreed!!!

Michael's "legacy" is not tied to the sales of albums after he's passed. Nor is it tied to bickering on a fan site.

I do not think that many will understand you. I do and my opinion is the same. Take care.

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THOSE FANS THAT ARE AGAINST THIS ALBUM! NEVER!! They are hateful and they do not deserve to be called fans. THEY ARE NOT FANS!!!

Messages like this should not be allowed. So you consider yourself a good fan? Good for you. I hope mods will come here and fix all this mess.

Please enough with the comments attacking other people. Consider yourself all warned. No more personal attacks. Every person has a right to their opinion. We are all fans...that's why we are here. Keep it clean please.

Any more outbursts that are considered offensive and we will have no choice but to start banning people.

If Sony decides to say...you know what, we are fed up with this. Scratch all future Michael Jackson projects because everytime we try, his fans whine and complain.

Lets be realistic here. It's not like Sony desperately needs a MJ album after this. They make money and will always make a ton of cash.

Now what? Back to the Sony is horrible stuff which is BS.

Haters...If Sony makes the decision to stop any MJ album or promotion after this, than you have no right to be upset.

so sad that all this is turning fans against each other. bs

^ exactly...(though I don't agree with calling anyone on here a "hater" per se)...people need to realize, that you are not hurting Sony or teaching them a lesson by not buying this album. They are a big company, they have other artist (such as the one who looks to be MJ's biggest threat for a number 1 next week) that will make money for them. If anything, this albums failure will tell them that "new MJ" does NOT sell and they will most likely STOP all future ("new") MJ releases and stick with the classic (the stuff we all already have multiple copies of). It really pisses me off when I read comments like "good, maybe know Sony will know they can't mess with MJ fans" or "now Sony will think twice next time"...its like really? I mean really, really?...its not that serious to them becasue while they did invest 250 mill into these projects, if it doesn't do well, they WILL get their money back in some other way and then MOVE ON...

First we divided after June 25th. And now we're dividing because of the Album??? well I think thats just Effe'd up! IF you dont like the whole album, then GET The Singles on Itunes! WHY Kill the The album because some dont think its Michael on 3 of the songs...WHy not Buy 7 of the single... Stop being cry babies...This is FOR MICHAEL! NOT FOR ANY ONE ELSE!

DONT you think he deserves a #1 spot? Isnt that the least we could ever do for HIM??? Think about it. And I know Some fans who say they're not getting the album are getting it, its just talk and not walk. Its very sad that it had turned out like this!!! SMH

I hope it does well... if it doesnt, its not the end of the world, but I'm positive it will do well!

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Thanks God the potential album sales are not strong

225K is realy realy weak for a first week
The second week will be a big fall about 150 to 175 K

The album will not reach sell more than 3 million
That was my thoughts

HAPPY
Hands down the most unintelligent thing I've ever read on a Michael Jackson fan forum. And the posts you made after this one weren't much better, either...

Can't you see that, even though MJ's legacy was created and firmly set in stone during the 50 years he was with us, the continuation of that legacy, and how the general public will perceive him in the coming decade(s) and whatever comes after that, is in the hands of the estate AND THE FANS.

And now those same fans are protesting against the album and saying they are happy about its low sales numbers?! What kind of a message do you think that sends to some random guy who might've danced to 'The Way You Make Me Feel' and 'Black Or White' a couple of times, who hasn't got the faintest idea or interest in who the "Cascios" are and who was thinking "oh, a new MJ album! I remember some of his stuff being pretty good... I might check it out!". You do realize that there are TONS of people like that, right? 'Cos if not, you really need to get out of your little fan bubble world and face reality. Mass appeal has always been a major factor in MJ's succes, and when people start hearing news reports and see fans talking about fake vocals and protests against the album, they will just think "meh, weirdo. I don't need any of that crap in my car stereo".

It is up to us to honor Michael's name and uphold and extend his legacy. And I don't care what anyone thinks about the "Cascio tracks" -- '(I Like) The Way You Love Me', 'Best Of Joy', 'Behind The Mask, 'Much Too Soon', 'Hollywood Tonight' and '(I Can't Make It) Another Day' are all GREAT Michael Jackson songs that deserve to be heard and enjoyed by the masses. And THAT is how his legacy will live on. Seriously -- broaden your vision and realize there is a whole world out there that hasn't heard anything but negative reports about him for the past 10 years. And during all those years we wished they would focus on the music, realize his genius, understand his message... Well guess what? This album can make that happen. Think about that.

I was afraid this might happen since all the mess started. The family's negativity didn't help either. If you don't think it's Michael on the 3 songs then at least support the songs you do think are him. All this debate are based on opinions only not facts. This all sad to me.

I am not hating on my beloved michael Jackson
This is not his album but an impersonators' dont confuse please

I am happy that Sony is not having what he wished simple as it is

but I do question
Is this is this what Michael would want for his legacy children and estate.

Here is the reality of what you are saying and doing even if
you feel you have good intentions .. which I believe you do.

Your hatred of SONY will allow you to throw Michael under the bus
becuase the world or media will never see it your way and it wont effect
Sony in the least. They will continue on to be the multi billion dollar business
they are. While The Michael Album will be deemed a Flop in the eyes of the word
They care nothing of your so called good intentions They will say Michael is no longer
relevant, This could put his King of Pop status in the music business up for bids.
The Industry will elect a NEW king to promote to the world. This is the reality
of the musical Industry and Michael knew that. He worked hard to stay King

other probably damage that could be done
the estate will go into a downfall may be FORCED to sell the ATV catolog
to stay solvent becuase interest and sales of Michael merchandise will diminish
This is what supports the estate and childrens trust The trust is not fully funded
yet _Estate is still in probate, there are still MANY debts, Taxes including the loan
securing the ATV Calolog that need to be paid. plus other financial claims.

are 3 questionable songs that we speculate on and dont know for a FACT are or
are not Michael yet worth trying to destroy his estate and musical legacy.

Sony will not be much effected by all this and thats a reality. They dont Need Michael to survive
but Michaels Legacy and his children need his estate to survive _ Bottom line They are in more
danger than Sony is. Please look at the BIG picture and all sides.

Just my humble opinion Im not disrespecting yours

Last edited:

I was afraid this might happen since all the mess started. The family's negativity didn't help either. If you don't think it's Michael on the 3 songs then at least support the songs you do think are him. All this debate are based on opinions only not facts. This all sad to me.

I will never support this album because I do believe that Michael did not want any new releases that way as it is happening now. I am not supporting Sony/money making machine cashing from poor dead man. Before the trial, I am not going to support any new music coming from Sony/Estate because the situation with his passing reamains a mystery. I do not buy an idea "Murray made a mistake". I hope it is clear enough. Enjoy your album.

but I do question is this is this what Michael would want for his legacy children and estate.

I'm not defending what Serena said at all, however, I think putting out a song like Breaking News and saying Michael actually sang it, that he had anything to do with it, is also damaging to his legacy as an incredible talent who strove for the highest quality of material.

Please stop talking "fake" songs in every single thread. It really make me sick.
Let's back to the topic, I sincerely hope Michael could be No. 1 around the world again, ESPECIALLY in USA. After all, it's his homeland, I do hope American ppl will love Michael as much as other countries ppl again. Peace.

absolutely horrific.. if it's one thing I was always concerned about it was MJ's legacy. It is just so unfortunate that his own family doesn't give a damn about it.

I will never support this album because I do believe that Michael did not want any new releases that way as it is happening now. I am not supporting Sony/money making machine cashing from poor dead man. Before the trial, I am not going to support any new music coming from Sony/Estate because the situation with his passing reamains a mystery. I do not buy an idea "Murray made a mistake". I hope it is clear enough. Enjoy your album.

You don't have to buy anything. But there are people I have seen here state they believe in the other 7 songs. I think they should support that. Even his own family I can't remember which nephew it was said he still supports the album despite how he feels about certain songs. Michael made a will and estate. He owned his work and if he didn't want anything touched or released wouldn't have stated that somewhere? I don't know what Michael wanted but I don't think all his recordings should be locked away forever.

Last year, when he died, he was number one in everyone's heart. Now it's like, the main public is fed up, tired of all the drama and moves on, while fans are left hanging.

Then there's an album for those hanging fans to enjoy, but half of them are hating it because Michael ain't here to bless it. Why do artists even bother keeping unfinished songs in their vaults? I have no idea any longer how this will pan out in the end. Blah

I'm not defending what Serena said at all, however, I think putting out a song like Breaking News and saying Michael actually sang it, that he had anything to do with it, is also damaging to his legacy as an incredible talent who strove for the highest quality of material.
But he did have something to do with it...HE wrote it, helped come up with concept of the song and in my opinion sang it (if not entirely). Please stop stating your opinion as fact.

I am so excited do you guys realize how big this album is WORLD WIDE!!!!!!!!

LOL, you have to remind me!!
Thanks!!

Michael is the only one that has a huge fan base everywhere just wait for the numbers guys it is already plat in 10 countries and it has been out like 3 days!!!!

Wait till monster comes out as a single this album is going to be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited do you guys realize how big this album is WORLD WIDE!!!!!!!!

No, especially with how this thread is all gloom and doom right now.

That statement is based solely on your opinion of that song. What if some 12 year old kid somewhere hears it and LOVES it? He might not fully understand the words, but he loves the beat, or the melodies, or the big explosion in the beginning and Teddy saying "Breaking news!" just like kids liked the breaking glass on 'Jam' or the father/son exchange in the 'Black Or White' intro... What if he just diggs it, and plays it to his friends and they are like "wow! I didn't know Michael Jackson made tracks like this! awesome!!".

That's why fans need to think outside the box dude. Because that's the kinda stuff that made MJ HUGE. And your opinion has nothing to do with that.

Back