MJ Fight For #1 W (Let's Make it #1 & Give MJ A new RECORD!) Please read updated post #234

Re: MJ Fight For #1 W (Let's Make it #1 & Give MJ A new RECORD!) Please read updated post #239

Just read the start of this thread.

Some of you are so irrational and dramatic sometimes.......like really.

Its been obvious for weeks that people are against this album, why are you now shocked that people dont want it to do well? Dont twist it to make it seem like people are hating Michael himself, they wouldnt be here if they did.

So... they are against the album? Not against over-processed vocals but against the album?

Re: MJ Fight For #1 W (Let's Make it #1 & Give MJ A new RECORD!) Please read updated post #239

Calm down you guys....

So... they are against the album? Not against over-processed vocals but against the album?

I know I shouldnt be talking about this here but I just have to answer this.

Over processed vocals? We think the vocals on the songs arent him! You know very well that we dont think they are him.

They are against the album BECAUSE they think 3 songs on the album aren't Michael and the fans are being played. . .

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

Nothing from here on out will be a Michael project with that reasoning but I don't intend to make my grief any worse by refusing to support projects that celebrate Michael N

EXACTLY:clapping:

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaazgurl View Post
Nothing from here on out will be a Michael project with that reasoning but I don't intend to make my grief any worse by refusing to support projects that celebrate Michael
EXACTLY:clapping:

Exactly as I feel it too

I was really hoping for a USA #1. I don't want to hear the media slam him, trying to make him out to be irrelevant.

^^ It's hearbreaking,I can hear the media backlash.They've been itching to put MJ down since the estate signed the 250 million dollar deal and the failure of the album to top the chart has presented the perfect opportunity for them,I am so sad.

Since there's a big of distress in this thread as well about the debut...I'll repost in this thread as well...

You got a USA #1...on the R&B charts. :D Urban America stepped up. Not much we can do about the Subo and Swift supporters. lol. But even so, you have to remember that Susan Boyle's album in holiday related. After the holiday, not much use for Christmas music so sales could drastically drop for her. All Michael has to do is sell consistently and he could very well end up #1 or #2 battling it out with Swift.

If some of you remember with the Thriller25 release, Michael was in the top 10 for WEEKS, hanging on after superhot and popular artists like Alicia Keys and others debuted large and dropped. And these artists had tons of public appearances and promotion. All Michael had was the Luomo Vogue (a magazine that was hard to get in the USA), the Thrillicious campaign, and the Ebony interview as major promotion. Other things were sorta low-key ALTHO the CD did have a nice set-up in stores to get people's attention. And T25 was a CD compilation that many of us already owned several times over, except a completed version of For All Time. Lots of fans complained that no one would be interested in old songs that had been re-re-released. And the outrage some fans demonstrated against those remixes, it really was a surprise that T25 hung on for as long as it did against new, hot, well-promoted artist with new music.

And don't get me started about the "fans" who went on amazon and other sites trashing the remixes and the fact that another re-re-release was being....released. But I digress.

I think some of you are being prematurely pessimistic...for whatever reason...same as ppl were with T25. IMO, it's not always about finishing first...altho we know Michael liked to do so. To me, it's about having a steady lead. And T25 did that...even OUTSELLING those hot new artists it went up against.

How about we hang on for a bit and see where this all goes. :flowers:

If Michael is consistent, and a new single gets more attention/airplay than HMH, it COULD very well do better than it looks at this stage.

I, for one, am proud of the debut when you consider artists like Ciara and Neyo, P-Diddy and others, with ALL their promotion and appearances, are doing much MUCH less. And with all the controversy regarding the vocals, etc...it REALLY is a feat worth appreciating...for me, at least.

Time will tell what happens now.....but we have to be patient. Remember, Boyle is a holiday CD. Her time is short.

Now having said that...

Go Michael!! Congratulations! :punk:

Added:

Save for New York, Sony has dropped the ball with in-store promotion. I've yet to see the commercial on tv (tho I rarely watch anything other than HGTV and Food Network..and lately SuN Channel for the Heat games lol).

SONY,...WTF?! And what happened to the big itunes promotional page like the Beatles had?! Uhh...

Last edited:
Since there's a big of distress in this thread as well about the debut...I'll repost in this thread as well...

And like I said in that thread, do you think the media is going to concentrate on any of that? Nope! Do you think they will wait to form an informed opinion? Nope! They will jump the shark and call him a failure. They don't care how many albums he has sold of his back catalog since he's passed. They don't care that his album will sell well in the long run. It's all about this week. The media isn't fair or accurate, remember (especially when it comes to MJ).

And like I said in that thread, do you think the media is going to concentrate on any of that? Nope! Do you think they will wait to form an informed opinion? Nope! They will jump the shark and call him a failure. They don't care how many albums he has sold of his back catalog since he's passed. They don't care that his album will sell well in the long run. It's all about this week. The media isn't fair or accurate, remember (especially when it comes to MJ).

That is true, unfortunately :( That's why I can't believe there are fans who are celebrating the "failure" of this album, you must be really naive if you don't think the media is going to use this to bash Michael once again and call him irrelevant, I have not read one news report that mentions anything about boycotting fans when discussing his current record sales... have you? :mello:

Personally, I never really care what the media says or will say about the album, but in my opinion Michael deserves to be #1 in every country. It isn't a "numbers" thing to me, but more like an example of music quality. When you see what gets to #1 these days, and you know that Michael's music is so much better, it's disappointing.

Let's Make it #1 & Give MJ A new RECORD!

There is always next week! Keep buying the album and encouraging others to buy it! We can still do it!

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Michael Jackson's first posthumous studio album was the top seller around the world during its first week of release, his label said on Wednesday, but was held to a modest No. 3 debut in the United States.

The collection of unfinished recordings, simply titled "Michael," took the No. 1 slot in Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Sweden, said Sony Corp-owned Epic Records.

It was also a top-five starter in Belgium (No. 2), Canada (No. 2), Japan (No. 3 ), Britain (No. 4), France (No. 4) and Denmark (No. 4).

In Germany, "Michael" was the biggest debut of the year, selling 85,000 copies, Epic said. Its British start of 113,000 copies was the best for Jackson since 1991's "Dangerous."

In the United States, the world's largest music market, "Michael" sold about 228,000 copies during the week ended December 19. Music trade publication Billboard reported last month that Epic was projecting first-week sales of about 400,000 copies.

"Michael" was bested by Taylor Swift's "Speak," which returned to No. 1 for a third, nonconsecutive week with 259,000 copies, and former chart-topper Susan Boyle's "The Gift" with 254,000 copies.

Jackson's previous release, the "This Is It" compilation soundtrack, debuted at No. 1 in the United States a year ago with 373,000 units. Jackson was the biggest selling artist in the United States last year, selling 8.3 million albums mostly in the wake of his death in June at the age of 50.

"Michael" marks the first of what is expected to be many forays into Jackson's trove of unreleased recordings by the executors of his estate. Big-name producers were hired to finish the tracks, and in some cases had to use digital technology to recreate Jackson's voice..
Clocking in at an economical 42 minutes, the 10-track album had critics wondering if Jackson, a notorious perfectionist, would have approved of it.

The New York Times described it as "a rush job," while Rolling Stone said it was "a grab bag of outtakes and outlines." Entertainment Weekly said it was a "solid" improvement on his last studio release, "Invincible." That 2001 album debuted at No. 1 in the United States with 366,000 copies..

Back