MJ Fight For #1 W (Let's Make it #1 & Give MJ A new RECORD!) Please read updated post #234

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

I want to add something. I still feel overwhelmed about his passing and it is never will go away. I cannot enjoy any new releases without KNOWING the truth HOW and WHY this great human being died. Fans who are bashing other fans like me have absolutely NO right to do so. Yes I do not trust Sony/Estate and I have enough evidences not to trust them. But it is not a reason to call us crazy etc. I am sick and tired reading this over and over again.

Re: Hit: MJ will fight for #1 selling between 225k -250k first week

i doubt most of them are fans at all and just jumped on the june 25th bandwaggon

Very True! problem is that with MJ you have a whole lot of losers which are good for nothing fans. Out of 25 million fans on facebook there are less than 250,000 of his core fans who stood behind him all these years. Perhaps another 250K are new genuine fans. The remaining 98% of these a$$holes are those who were once fans but then left MJ once he became "uncool" or unpopular. To count on them for anything serious is utterly useless. They are the masses and will remain JUST that

Even though I utterly am against Sony and all for so many reasons but the truth is that if the album fails the media will neither bother to check the reason nor expose any truth BUT will say MJ's failed album. I completely understand the frustration with Sony but it is MJ's name that will be dragged in the media if album fails NOT Sony.

If fans here are thinking that somehow media will magically put effort in finding the true cause of a failed MJ album they are beyond silly. Media will always aim for the lowest especially in MJ's case... I thought that was common sense to all MJ fans by now.

Guys remember that even Invincible, which was released post 9-11 era and at a time when MJ's popularity was much much lower still reached No.1. Now MJ has at least 3-4 times more audience than 10 years ago (realistically) and if this albums fails to reach number 1 it would be a true slap in the face for Sony.

Again I am utterly against fake tracks as well but understand that what we face now is a double edged sword. We as fans should go for lesser evil for the two which is help MJ's legacy not get tarnished while continuing our efforts to push Sony. Yes it seems unlikely BUT having a flop MJ album is much worse.

Shame on Sony BTW for ruining this perfect opportunity to release MJ live music CD + DVD combo which would have had every fan happy and cheering.

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

I will never support this album because I do believe that Michael did not want any new releases that way as it is happening now. I am not supporting Sony/money making machine cashing from poor dead man. Before the trial, I am not going to support any new music coming from Sony/Estate because the situation with his passing reamains a mystery. I do not buy an idea "Murray made a mistake". I hope it is clear enough. Enjoy your album.

If Michael didint want to, he would have made a notice in his Will. In my opinion michael left a lot of songs in his vault for his children.

Does anyone know when we'll see the first sale figures?? I'd love to see how its doing its first day(s).. I know sometimes we know how much albums sold day 1, day 1-3, and first week.. I'd like to see the numbers really bad

If Michael didint want to, he would have made a notice in his Will. In my opinion michael left a lot of songs in his vault for his children.

If I do not believe that his Will is real? Now what? I am entitled to believe whatever I think makes sense to me. If it does not make sense to the most folks, it does not mean that all of you on a right pass.

"Michael" is a Miracle from Heaven that has come just at the right time.
Engel_Smilie_51.gif

Last edited:

If I do not believe that his Will is real? Now what? I am entitled to believe whatever I think makes sense to me. If it does not make sense to the most folks, it does not mean that all of you on a right pass.

You have to do what is right for you and what you are comfortable with. I think that is what we all have to do. Whatever gets released it will never be the same. It will always be hard because Michael isn't here.

LMAO. Yup, you can believe you want to believe, even including your knowing Michael's mind.

That statement is based solely on your opinion of that song. What if some 12 year old kid somewhere hears it and LOVES it? He might not fully understand the words, but he loves the beat, or the melodies, or the big explosion in the beginning and Teddy saying "Breaking news!" just like kids liked the breaking glass on 'Jam' or the father/son exchange in the 'Black Or White' intro... What if he just diggs it, and plays it to his friends and they are like "wow! I didn't know Michael Jackson made tracks like this! awesome!!".

That's why fans need to think outside the box dude. Because that's the kinda stuff that made MJ HUGE. And your opinion has nothing to do with that.

Okay people, just because I don't put the words 'in my own opinion' at the end of every sentence, that doesn't mean I'm stating my opinion as fact. Yes, the statement is based on my own opinion of the song, but it is also the opinion of many others. Too many others, in fact. Your anecdote is sweet, but a story like that is less likely to happen when the song itself isn't good and the vocalist is actually Jason Malichi and not Michael Jackson. In my opinion.

Okay people, just because I don't put the words 'in my own opinion' at the end of every sentence, that doesn't mean I'm stating my opinion as fact. Yes, the statement is based on my own opinion of the song, but it is also the opinion of many others. Too many others, in fact. Your anecdote is sweet, but a story like that is less likely to happen when the song itself isn't good and the vocalist is actually Jason Malichi and not Michael Jackson. In my opinion.

I didn't say you were stating your opinion as fact... I just said that your opinion means nothing in terms of what the general public might think of the songs on 'Michael'. And all these "others" you're mentioning are, I presume, all fans? Fans who share your opinion?

Look, I respect your opinion, but if you think that it is in any way a representation of what any large group of non-fans might think about the album you are, with all due respect, being delusional. Just look at how incredibly divided the opinions are on this forum alone! And we are fans... We usually, at the very least, agree on the quality of the music. Yet here we are. I don't think there's any way any of us can predict how the masses will react to this album and its singles and, in pretending we can, we only makes fools of ourselves.

Please stay on topic,
or post on the appropriate thread for your chosen topic.
Thank you. :cheeky:

I didn't say you were stating your opinion as fact... I just said that your opinion means nothing in terms of what the general public might think of the songs on 'Michael'. And all these "others" you're mentioning are, I presume, all fans? Fans who share your opinion?

Look, I respect your opinion, but if you think that it is in any way a representation of what any large group of non-fans might think about the album you are, with all due respect, being delusional. Just look at how incredibly divided the opinions are on this forum alone! And we are fans... We usually, at the very least, agree on the quality of the music. Yet here we are. I don't think there's any way any of us can predict how the masses will react to this album and its singles and, in pretending we can, we only makes fools of ourselves.

The way I see it, it's a distasteful interpretation of a subject matter that Michael took very seriously in previous songs that were lyrically similar. Generally, Breaking News did receive a largely negative reception by critics and fans alike, so you really have nothing to back yourself up when you say that my opinion on this song isn't shared by the general masses. The album as a whole is another story.

The way I see it, it's a distasteful interpretation of a subject matter that Michael took very seriously in previous songs that were lyrically similar. Generally, Breaking News did receive a largely negative reception by critics and fans alike, so you really have nothing to back yourself up when you say that my opinion on this song isn't shared by the general masses. The album as a whole is another story.
And in my opinion much of that negative reception, and the reason why the fan community is as divided as it is today, is because there were reports about the vocals being fake even before the song was released. So that whole idea was planted into fans' and critics' minds before they ever got to hear anything! The power of suggestion is incredibly strong -- at the very least it made people listen with their mind set to "verification"... Instead of getting the freedom to listen and maybe think "hm, this sounds different" we were made to listen and think "is this him?". And none of us can go back and un-do that, and listen to the song without knowing anything about its history. It's a cause and effect type of situation, and that's what makes this whole debate so sad.

But I digress -- CherubimII is right. We're getting off topic, and I think that we'll just go in circles if we keep this up. I, for one, love the album and hope it sells spectacularly.

PRINCE, PARIS, BLANKET ! :angel:

It makes me sad to hear that Michael Jackson may not be number 1. Although I don't believe in the Cascio tracks, I still wanted to see him get the number 1 spot regardless. It seems the news of the vocal tracks has traveled farther than I expected.

I wish Sony would have thought of his legacy more so than the money, because it seemed to hurt them more in the end. Whether they are fake vocals or over processed demos of Michael actually singing, Sony should of thought it out more clearly. As a fan, I would rather hear the songs as Michael left them unfinished. Make it a concept album and even package it with a DVD showing the behind the scenes of demos, video, written notes, etc. Title it "Unfinished" and make it worth admission.

Instead they released over produced Cascio demos, leaked and already released songs, and reproduced songs after his passing. They can call it a labor of love all they want, but it is far from it. They were selling to the masses of the music industry today and ignored the longtime fans…

Adibobea9;3139622 said:
It makes me sad to hear that Michael Jackson may not be number 1. Although I don't believe in the Cascio tracks, I still wanted to see him get the number 1 spot regardless. It seems the news of the vocal tracks has traveled farther than I expected.

I wish Sony would have thought of his legacy more so than the money, because it seemed to hurt them more in the end. Whether they are fake vocals or over processed demos of Michael actually singing, Sony should of thought it out more clearly. As a fan, I would rather hear the songs as Michael left them unfinished. Make it a concept album and even package it with a DVD showing the behind the scenes of demos, video, written notes, etc. Title it "Unfinished" and make it worth admission.

Instead they released over produced Cascio demos, leaked and already released songs, and reproduced songs after his passing. They can call it a labor of love all they want, but it is far from it. They were selling to the masses of the music industry today and ignored the longtime fans…

Pretty much, not to mention they exploited Teddy Riley's name and loyalty to Michael for their own credibility.

I will honestly be surprised if Michael isn't #1 in every country this week. I mean, this is Michael Jackson we're talking about! Questionable tracks or not.

And besides, they can't possibly get a weekly estimate from first-day sales.

Again I am utterly against fake tracks as well but understand that what we face now is a double edged sword. We as fans should go for lesser evil for the two which is help MJ's legacy not get tarnished while continuing our efforts to push Sony. Yes it seems unlikely BUT having a flop MJ album is much worse.

That was spot on

Adibobea9;3139622 said:

This is a great post....:)

Adibobea9;3139622 said:

i like how u worded that...

an album titled "unfinished" actually sounds like a slam dunk when u think about it..

-Dal

Hands down the most unintelligent thing I've ever read on a Michael Jackson fan forum. And the posts you made after this one weren't much better, either...

Can't you see that, even though MJ's legacy was created and firmly set in stone during the 50 years he was with us, the continuation of that legacy, and how the general public will perceive him in the coming decade(s) and whatever comes after that, is in the hands of the estate AND THE FANS.

And now those same fans are protesting against the album and saying they are happy about its low sales numbers?! What kind of a message do you think that sends to some random guy who might've danced to 'The Way You Make Me Feel' and 'Black Or White' a couple of times, who hasn't got the faintest idea or interest in who the "Cascios" are and who was thinking "oh, a new MJ album! I remember some of his stuff being pretty good... I might check it out!". You do realize that there are TONS of people like that, right? 'Cos if not, you really need to get out of your little fan bubble world and face reality. Mass appeal has always been a major factor in MJ's succes, and when people start hearing news reports and see fans talking about fake vocals and protests against the album, they will just think "meh, weirdo. I don't need any of that crap in my car stereo".

It is up to us to honor Michael's name and uphold and extend his legacy. And I don't care what anyone thinks about the "Cascio tracks" -- '(I Like) The Way You Love Me', 'Best Of Joy', 'Behind The Mask, 'Much Too Soon', 'Hollywood Tonight' and '(I Can't Make It) Another Day' are all GREAT Michael Jackson songs that deserve to be heard and enjoyed by the masses. And THAT is how his legacy will live on. Seriously -- broaden your vision and realize there is a whole world out there that hasn't heard anything but negative reports about him for the past 10 years. And during all those years we wished they would focus on the music, realize his genius, understand his message... Well guess what? This album can make that happen. Think about that.
Well said and very good points

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday season filled with love, joy and peace.

God bless!!!

To those boycotting,get ready for headlines like this
***** LACKO
The press would only blame michael and not sony/estaste who put questionable records on the album.The full week sales figures are not even out yet and they have started writing the obituary.please lets hold our nose and buy the album,For MJ.

AN album of unreleased tracks by the King Of Pop would be expected to shift a huge number but MICHAEL JACKSON's new disc is struggling.

Michael has failed to make the Top Five in the US - the first time that's ever happened to one of the late star's albums.
Sony will be very disappointed. They signed a £128million deal with the Jackson family in March, giving them rights to his unfinished material.
In the UK chart, *****'s rehashed album has respectable figures in its first week but there's no chance of it hitting No1, with TAKE THAT's Progress still selling by the truckload.
It has shifted more than 1.25MILLION copies since it came out a month ago.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...the-shops.html

^ ^"Sony will be very disappointed", well they better be because they did all this, not us boycotting fans. They even tested us with Breaking News and while the results weren't those expected, they still did what they wanted and ignored us (EDIT we warned them and they had their chance to remove the suspicious Cascio tracks but didn't)

Sony and the Estate shouldn't mess with the fans ever again. I hope they get this message for the future

Last edited:

^ OMG get off your high horse...the only message Sony is going to get is to stick to classic MJ (Because to THEM, the vocals ARE his, HELLOOOOO...) so get ready for more remasters and greatest hits for years to come (which isn't neccessary a bad thing, but please do not complain when it happens)...my goodness.

Ok, I feel like I'm on repeat, but aren't we all these last couple of weeks?

I am a getting a tiny bit angry, not because of opinions that could possibly be changed when evidence or some kind of revelation is there, but when fans are claiming their belief to be the one and only objective truth and are giving the new album 1-star reviews on Amazon. I don't like to quote myself, but this is what I wrote about it in another (now closed) thread: I think it's one thing to make your opinions known on a MJ board, and an entirely different thing to sabotage MJ's success with reviews on websites like Amazon. Without any proof, that''s a shame, and makes you no better than the average poster on Perez or TMZ with demeaning comments based on untruths about Michael. Refrain yourselves from these lows. It doesn't have to do with being right or your ears, it is your selfish ego that dictates you to do this. Look at the bigger picture and see the harm you cause to Michael's legacy. Isn't that a bit more important than your unproven opinion on some of these tracks? Is it worth disregarding everything Michael poured his heart and soul into?

Michael would love to sell albums like hotcakes again, as he always did. Critics back up the quality of the new album, most casual radio listeners do, but his own fans? They rather stamp on it and throw it in the mud. So saddening. I hope you're satisfied when the headlines read: 'Sales prove MJ was indeed washed-up and out of inspiration in his latter years. We have not missed out on much', while it could be something like this 'Michael Jackson staggering succes proves once more what a musical genius he was. One of a kind and even rumours about so-called fake tracks could not outshine the magic that obviously still persists in his posthumous work.' See the difference? See how every day creates your history? You decide how to contribute to Michael Jackson and his legacy. Stick up for him, not for your own measly opinions, PLEASE!

ps. By measly I include everyone's opinion, my own as well, as all our opinions are measly compared to the importance of Michael's legacy.

^ OMG get off your high horse...the only message Sony is going to get it to stick to classic MJ meaning get ready for more remasters and greatest hits for years to come...my goodness.

Yes, this is excactly what is going to happen if this album fails. No more "new" releases. Why should The Estate and Sony do that if it's not profitable?

Some fans just need to get a life seriously instead of being sarcastic and bashing other members

This forum used to be very informative
Just hope this is a kind of hype affected by the releasing of the new album which is not continous

Roosje , your spot on what your saying!!

It will be new re-releases from now on, hope all you fans that *believe you can alter a huge company's decisions get it now. Sony Music first and foremost is a PROFIT MAKING company that have to report to their shareholders. If they dont make PROFIT then make no bounds about it, they wont do the new releases anymore.
PLUS we will not get any more *gifts* as i call them.

Its a sad day when there is material that fans that have followed him for years and years dont hear this. :(

Terry

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse ppl prove the opposite. SMDH @ some ''fans'', some aren't much but haters in disguise.

Back